QUESTION ABOUT HQ SECURITY

hey everybody. I have one HQ Database, but i need to mount another. All data
will not the same, only the security profiles (Users & Security). Can i use a
DTS to copy this couple of table? Its recomended? Would be have a problem?
thanks

0
robertinho (11)
10/5/2006 5:59:02 PM
pos 14173 articles. 0 followers. Follow

------=_NextPart_000_0243_01C6E871.0FB69410

Robert,

Here's a KB to do it for SO that might give some insight;
http://tinyurl.com/mjoyt

Must have access to CustomerSource.

Backup First!

--=20
*

You must be using Outlook Express or some other type of newsgroup reader =
see and download the file attachment.  If you are not using a reader, =
follow
newsreader"

http://tinyurl.com/75bgz

**********

  "robertinho" <robertinho@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message =
  hey everybody. I have one HQ Database, but i need to mount another. =
All data=20
  will not the same, only the security profiles (Users & Security). Can =
i use a=20
  DTS to copy this couple of table? Its recomended? Would be have a =
problem?=20
  thanks

------=_NextPart_000_0243_01C6E871.0FB69410

<HTML><HEAD>
<STYLE></STYLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY bgColor=3D#ffffff>
<DIV><FONT color=3D#008000>Robert,</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT color=3D#008000>Here's a KB to do it for SO that might give =
some=20
insight;</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT color=3D#008000><A=20
href=3D"http://tinyurl.com/mjoyt">http://tinyurl.com/mjoyt</A></FONT></DI=

<DIV><FONT color=3D#008000>Must have access to =
CustomerSource.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT color=3D#008000>Backup First!</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><BR>-- <BR>*<BR>Get Secure! - <A=20
href=3D"http://www.microsoft.com/security">www.microsoft.com/security</A>=
</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>You must be using Outlook Express or some other type of newsgroup =
reader=20
to<BR>see and download the file attachment.&nbsp; If you are not using a =
reader,=20
follow<BR>the link below to setup Outlook Express.&nbsp; Click on "Open =
with=20
newsreader"<BR>under the MS Retail Management System on the right.</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><A =
href=3D"http://tinyurl.com/75bgz">http://tinyurl.com/75bgz</A></DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>**********<BR></DIV>
<BLOCKQUOTE=20
  <DIV>"robertinho" &lt;<A=20
  =
href=3D"mailto:robertinho@discussions.microsoft.com">robertinho@discussio=
ns.microsoft.com</A>&gt;=20
  wrote in message <A=20
  =
href=3D"news:175205AC-851F-4BE0-9509-E829B7B3F111@microsoft.com">news:175=
205AC-851F-4BE0-9509-E829B7B3F111@microsoft.com</A>...</DIV>hey=20
  everybody. I have one HQ Database, but i need to mount another. All =
data=20
  <BR>will not the same, only the security profiles (Users &amp; =
Security). Can=20
  i use a <BR>DTS to copy this couple of table? Its recomended? Would be =
have a=20
  problem? <BR>thanks<BR></BLOCKQUOTE></BODY></HTML>

------=_NextPart_000_0243_01C6E871.0FB69410--

0
spam3944 (2163)
10/5/2006 6:26:11 PM
Thanks, it works too for HQ.

"Jeff" wrote:

> Robert,
>
> Here's a KB to do it for SO that might give some insight;
> http://tinyurl.com/mjoyt
>
> Must have access to CustomerSource.
>
> Backup First!
>
> --
> *
>
> You must be using Outlook Express or some other type of newsgroup reader to
> see and download the file attachment.  If you are not using a reader, follow
> under the MS Retail Management System on the right.
>
> http://tinyurl.com/75bgz
>
> **********
>
>   "robertinho" <robertinho@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:175205AC-851F-4BE0-9509-E829B7B3F111@microsoft.com...
>   hey everybody. I have one HQ Database, but i need to mount another. All data
>   will not the same, only the security profiles (Users & Security). Can i use a
>   DTS to copy this couple of table? Its recomended? Would be have a problem?
>   thanks

0
romanutd (14)

Ms CRM 30
Dear all. I need your precious help in configuring security roles. We the following organization: 2 business units, called A and B. A has 2 child business units, called A1 and A2. We would like that: - contacts under A1 or A2 must be visible (read-only) by all users under A1 or A2 but editable only by users in owner business unit (i.e. contacts in A1 are read-only for A2 and read-write for A1, contacts in A2 are read-only for A1 and read-write for A2) - but contacts in B must be visible and editable only by users in B. I tried several configurations of users and roles but I can’t find the ...

Backup question

security error?
Please help! I have Active Dir, Exchange and SQL 2000 on the same Win 2000 server machine. Installed CRM OK. Made security service dependent as outlined in deployment guide. Created an account in CRM and can browse around, but cannot save anything. The error I am getting is: Server Error in '/' Application. ----------------------------------------------------------- --------------------- A potentially dangerous Request.Form value was detected from the client (crmFormSubmitXml="<activity><activityt..."). Description: Request Validation has detected a potentia...

a question and a question

Question about Paste Special

IE8 privacy question

IF AND question

Money 2004: including social security income in lifetime planner
I've been using Money since 1999 and I decided that I wanted to update my lifetime planner to include some estimate of my Social Security benefits. Unless I'm misunderstanding something, it looks like there is an error in the formula for including social security benefits in the lifetime planner. For example, if I let Money estimate my benefits at, say, age 67, it'll say $24k per year, but when I go into the yearly snapshot for when I'll be 68 (just to be safe that I'm not looking at a partial year), it'll tell me my income from SS is only $12k. If I check ...

Microsoft Query question

Question

OWA Question #16

Text Box Question

401K questions

VBA//Oracle Interfacing Question

If / Then Question

ROWCOUNT question

Exmerge Question #7

question about "delete"
I have a pointer: MyWindowClass *p = NULL; p = new MyClass(...); .... delete p; After delete p, does p equal NULL(it is in C++ standard?)? How to decide if p has been deleted? The reason I asked this question is that in my project, there are many code/files use the pointer which I need to determine is it is deleted? Can I use: if(p != NULL) delete p; I guess somewhere p has been deleted, but p still not NULL(possible?), the above code might cause problem. Hi Kathy, I typically just set p to NULL when I delete it: delete p; p = NULL; Then you can check it in other places and ...

More combining companies questions
We too have acquired another company and need to look at all of our options concerning what to do with email. We run Exchange 2003, they run Exchange 2000. What is the best way to combine the two so we can share GAL, free-busy info, etc.? No decisions have been made as far as what we are going to do with their AD. We could of course change their MX record to point to our server, update our RUS, etc., but what if we want to keep an Exchange server at their site? What has to be done to join their server to our Exchange org? If you want sync both GAL,pls check this http://www.microso...

switchboard question 12-26-07
Is there a way to put the names of different switchboard pages on the switchboard form? If you put one name on a switchboard page (in form design view), the same name appears on all the switchboard pages. I understand why this happens, but what if I want the user to be able to know which switchboard s/he is on? Thanks. PS the same thing happens if I go into form design view and put in control tip text. It puts the same text for the same-numbered menu item on two different switchboard pages. "Debbie S." wrote: > Is there a way to put the names of different switchboard ...

Some Questions about Outlook
1. what's the max size of attachment for sending email? 2. newMail notifitor: when there is a new mail, can the tary be changed to other until i check the mail? can it work with hotmail? 3. is there any function likes "To Do List"; calendar require time setting? 4. configure file backup; can i back up all of my setting? -- Me, Who I am On Sun, 7 May 2006 22:17:01 -0700, Dotku <lwjct@hotmail.com> wrote: >1. what's the max size of attachment for sending email? That would depend on your mail server/ISP. >2. newMail notifitor: when there is a new mail, can the ...

Simple CRM 3.0 Questions
- If an account is no longer active, what's the process to make it inactive? - Can a lead have multiple contacts, with one acting as the primary contact? - When I create a new lead, what the 'Topic' field usually used for? - When creating a lead, on the Details Page, how can I add entries into the 'Industry' and 'Lead Source' drop down lists? - Will CRM track all e-mails associated with a lead? How do I ensure this? - How do I promote a Lead to an Opportunity to an Account? - What's the real definition of an Opportunity? It seems so grey compared to...

Toolbar question
I have created a combo box on my toolbar. I am using 32 x 32 buttons, so my combo box is sitting high up. I would like to move it down to the center of the toolbar. To create it I used the following code, CRect rect; SetButtonInfo(14, IDC_FILTERNAMECB, TBBS_SEPARATOR, 200); GetItemRect(14, &rect); rect.bottom = rect.top + 200; m_cbFilterNames.Create(WS_TABSTOP | WS_VISIBLE | WS_VSCROLL | CBS_DROPDOWNLIST | CBS_HASSTRINGS | CBS_SORT, rect, this, IDC_FILTERNAMECB); How do I tell it to place itself in the center of the toolbar? Here is my code: code is from inherited CToolba...

number format question
I need excel to format a list of ip addresses. The problem I am having is that I cannot figure out how to get the columns formatted so any number I put in will be three digits. So a two digit number such as "24" needs to become a three digit number (024 in this example). Here is a real example, if I enter: 158.2.151.13 Excel needs to make it: 158.002.151.013 Can this be done? Thanks all! ...