Query Help

Ok, I am trying to write a query that basically calculates the same data as
the HQ Report labeled "Detailed Sales Report".

The only number I want is the final total sales run between two dates. This
information is going on a custom report I am creating for my CFO.

The query I have so far is this:

SELECT sum(transactionentry.price) AS price FROM TransactionEntry INNER JOIN
[Transaction] WITH(NOLOCK) ON TransactionEntry.TransactionNumber =
[Transaction].TransactionNumber AND TransactionEntry.StoreID =
[Transaction].StoreID INNER JOIN Batch WITH(NOLOCK) ON
[Transaction].BatchNumber = Batch.BatchNumber AND [Transaction].StoreID =
Batch.StoreID LEFT JOIN Item WITH(NOLOCK) ON TransactionEntry.ItemID =
Item.ID LEFT JOIN Department WITH(NOLOCK) ON Item.DepartmentID =
Department.ID LEFT JOIN Category WITH(NOLOCK) ON Item.CategoryID =
Category.ID LEFT JOIN Supplier WITH(NOLOCK) ON Item.SupplierID = Supplier.ID
LEFT JOIN ReasonCode AS ReasonCodeDiscount WITH(NOLOCK) ON
TransactionEntry.DiscountReasonCodeID = ReasonCodeDiscount.ID LEFT JOIN
ReasonCode AS ReasonCodeTaxChange WITH(NOLOCK) ON
TransactionEntry.TaxChangeReasonCodeID = ReasonCodeTaxChange.ID LEFT JOIN
ReasonCode AS ReasonCodeReturn WITH(NOLOCK) ON
TransactionEntry.ReturnReasonCodeID = ReasonCodeReturn.ID LEFT JOIN Store ON
[Transaction].StoreID = Store.ID WHERE [Transaction].Time>=
'#Form.startdate#' and [Transaction].Time<= '#Form.enddate#'.

I get a total sum, but it is not the same total as is showing on the
detailed sales report. Anyone have any help on how to fix this?

Thanks,
nick

0
Nick6962 (48)
6/2/2005 2:38:55 PM
pos 14173 articles. 0 followers. Follow

Would someone please give me a hand here? Anyone?

Thanks,
nick

"Nick" <Nick@me.com> wrote in message news:CPEne.124$mZ2.16@fe07.lga...
> Ok, I am trying to write a query that basically calculates the same data
> as the HQ Report labeled "Detailed Sales Report".
>
> The only number I want is the final total sales run between two dates.
> This information is going on a custom report I am creating for my CFO.
>
> The query I have so far is this:
>
> SELECT sum(transactionentry.price) AS price FROM TransactionEntry INNER
> JOIN [Transaction] WITH(NOLOCK) ON TransactionEntry.TransactionNumber =
> [Transaction].TransactionNumber AND TransactionEntry.StoreID =
> [Transaction].StoreID INNER JOIN Batch WITH(NOLOCK) ON
> [Transaction].BatchNumber = Batch.BatchNumber AND [Transaction].StoreID =
> Batch.StoreID LEFT JOIN Item WITH(NOLOCK) ON TransactionEntry.ItemID =
> Item.ID LEFT JOIN Department WITH(NOLOCK) ON Item.DepartmentID =
> Department.ID LEFT JOIN Category WITH(NOLOCK) ON Item.CategoryID =
> Category.ID LEFT JOIN Supplier WITH(NOLOCK) ON Item.SupplierID =
> Supplier.ID LEFT JOIN ReasonCode AS ReasonCodeDiscount WITH(NOLOCK) ON
> TransactionEntry.DiscountReasonCodeID = ReasonCodeDiscount.ID LEFT JOIN
> ReasonCode AS ReasonCodeTaxChange WITH(NOLOCK) ON
> TransactionEntry.TaxChangeReasonCodeID = ReasonCodeTaxChange.ID LEFT JOIN
> ReasonCode AS ReasonCodeReturn WITH(NOLOCK) ON
> TransactionEntry.ReturnReasonCodeID = ReasonCodeReturn.ID LEFT JOIN Store
> ON [Transaction].StoreID = Store.ID WHERE [Transaction].Time>=
> '#Form.startdate#' and [Transaction].Time<= '#Form.enddate#'.
>

> I get a total sum, but it is not the same total as is showing on the
> detailed sales report. Anyone have any help on how to fix this?
>
> Thanks,
> nick

0
Nick6962 (48)
6/6/2005 6:51:15 PM
Would someone please give me a hand here? Anyone?

Thanks,
nick

"Nick" <Nick@me.com> wrote in message news:CPEne.124$mZ2.16@fe07.lga...
> Ok, I am trying to write a query that basically calculates the same data
> as the HQ Report labeled "Detailed Sales Report".
>
> The only number I want is the final total sales run between two dates.
> This information is going on a custom report I am creating for my CFO.
>
> The query I have so far is this:
>
> SELECT sum(transactionentry.price) AS price FROM TransactionEntry INNER
> JOIN [Transaction] WITH(NOLOCK) ON TransactionEntry.TransactionNumber =
> [Transaction].TransactionNumber AND TransactionEntry.StoreID =
> [Transaction].StoreID INNER JOIN Batch WITH(NOLOCK) ON
> [Transaction].BatchNumber = Batch.BatchNumber AND [Transaction].StoreID =
> Batch.StoreID LEFT JOIN Item WITH(NOLOCK) ON TransactionEntry.ItemID =
> Item.ID LEFT JOIN Department WITH(NOLOCK) ON Item.DepartmentID =
> Department.ID LEFT JOIN Category WITH(NOLOCK) ON Item.CategoryID =
> Category.ID LEFT JOIN Supplier WITH(NOLOCK) ON Item.SupplierID =
> Supplier.ID LEFT JOIN ReasonCode AS ReasonCodeDiscount WITH(NOLOCK) ON
> TransactionEntry.DiscountReasonCodeID = ReasonCodeDiscount.ID LEFT JOIN
> ReasonCode AS ReasonCodeTaxChange WITH(NOLOCK) ON
> TransactionEntry.TaxChangeReasonCodeID = ReasonCodeTaxChange.ID LEFT JOIN
> ReasonCode AS ReasonCodeReturn WITH(NOLOCK) ON
> TransactionEntry.ReturnReasonCodeID = ReasonCodeReturn.ID LEFT JOIN Store
> ON [Transaction].StoreID = Store.ID WHERE [Transaction].Time>=
> '#Form.startdate#' and [Transaction].Time<= '#Form.enddate#'.
>

> I get a total sum, but it is not the same total as is showing on the
> detailed sales report. Anyone have any help on how to fix this?
>
> Thanks,
> nick

0
Nick6962 (48)
6/6/2005 7:01:25 PM
I don't see any reference to Quantity in your query.  I haven't tested this,
but I believe you need to modify your select statement to accomodate
TransactionEntry.price * TransactionEntry.Quantity.

Hope this helps.

"Nick" <Nick@me.com> wrote in message news:E11pe.1808$mZ2.904@fe07.lga...
> Would someone please give me a hand here? Anyone?
>
> Thanks,
> nick
>

> "Nick" <Nick@me.com> wrote in message news:CPEne.124$mZ2.16@fe07.lga...
>> Ok, I am trying to write a query that basically calculates the same data
>> as the HQ Report labeled "Detailed Sales Report".
>>
>> The only number I want is the final total sales run between two dates.
>> This information is going on a custom report I am creating for my CFO.
>>
>> The query I have so far is this:
>>
>> SELECT sum(transactionentry.price) AS price FROM TransactionEntry INNER
>> JOIN [Transaction] WITH(NOLOCK) ON TransactionEntry.TransactionNumber =
>> [Transaction].TransactionNumber AND TransactionEntry.StoreID =
>> [Transaction].StoreID INNER JOIN Batch WITH(NOLOCK) ON
>> [Transaction].BatchNumber = Batch.BatchNumber AND [Transaction].StoreID =
>> Batch.StoreID LEFT JOIN Item WITH(NOLOCK) ON TransactionEntry.ItemID =
>> Item.ID LEFT JOIN Department WITH(NOLOCK) ON Item.DepartmentID =
>> Department.ID LEFT JOIN Category WITH(NOLOCK) ON Item.CategoryID =
>> Category.ID LEFT JOIN Supplier WITH(NOLOCK) ON Item.SupplierID =
>> Supplier.ID LEFT JOIN ReasonCode AS ReasonCodeDiscount WITH(NOLOCK) ON
>> TransactionEntry.DiscountReasonCodeID = ReasonCodeDiscount.ID LEFT JOIN
>> ReasonCode AS ReasonCodeTaxChange WITH(NOLOCK) ON
>> TransactionEntry.TaxChangeReasonCodeID = ReasonCodeTaxChange.ID LEFT JOIN
>> ReasonCode AS ReasonCodeReturn WITH(NOLOCK) ON
>> TransactionEntry.ReturnReasonCodeID = ReasonCodeReturn.ID LEFT JOIN Store
>> ON [Transaction].StoreID = Store.ID WHERE [Transaction].Time>=
>> '#Form.startdate#' and [Transaction].Time<= '#Form.enddate#'.
>>

>> I get a total sum, but it is not the same total as is showing on the
>> detailed sales report. Anyone have any help on how to fix this?
>>
>> Thanks,
>> nick

0
holly1 (18)
6/6/2005 7:13:48 PM
Holly,

Where would I add this to in my query? I think I know what you mean, I want
to multiply each transaction item by the quantity that was sold, then add
those up at the end to get my final total price. What SQL would I use for
this?

Thanks,
"Holly C" <holly@christmasspiritshop.com> wrote in message
>I don't see any reference to Quantity in your query.  I haven't tested
>this, but I believe you need to modify your select statement to accomodate
>TransactionEntry.price * TransactionEntry.Quantity.
>
> Hope this helps.
>
> "Nick" <Nick@me.com> wrote in message news:E11pe.1808$mZ2.904@fe07.lga...
>> Would someone please give me a hand here? Anyone?
>>
>> Thanks,
>> nick
>>

>> "Nick" <Nick@me.com> wrote in message news:CPEne.124$mZ2.16@fe07.lga...
>>> Ok, I am trying to write a query that basically calculates the same data
>>> as the HQ Report labeled "Detailed Sales Report".
>>>
>>> The only number I want is the final total sales run between two dates.
>>> This information is going on a custom report I am creating for my CFO.
>>>
>>> The query I have so far is this:
>>>
>>> SELECT sum(transactionentry.price) AS price FROM TransactionEntry INNER
>>> JOIN [Transaction] WITH(NOLOCK) ON TransactionEntry.TransactionNumber =
>>> [Transaction].TransactionNumber AND TransactionEntry.StoreID =
>>> [Transaction].StoreID INNER JOIN Batch WITH(NOLOCK) ON
>>> [Transaction].BatchNumber = Batch.BatchNumber AND [Transaction].StoreID
>>> =
>>> Batch.StoreID LEFT JOIN Item WITH(NOLOCK) ON TransactionEntry.ItemID =
>>> Item.ID LEFT JOIN Department WITH(NOLOCK) ON Item.DepartmentID =
>>> Department.ID LEFT JOIN Category WITH(NOLOCK) ON Item.CategoryID =
>>> Category.ID LEFT JOIN Supplier WITH(NOLOCK) ON Item.SupplierID =
>>> Supplier.ID LEFT JOIN ReasonCode AS ReasonCodeDiscount WITH(NOLOCK) ON
>>> TransactionEntry.DiscountReasonCodeID = ReasonCodeDiscount.ID LEFT JOIN
>>> ReasonCode AS ReasonCodeTaxChange WITH(NOLOCK) ON
>>> TransactionEntry.TaxChangeReasonCodeID = ReasonCodeTaxChange.ID LEFT
>>> JOIN
>>> ReasonCode AS ReasonCodeReturn WITH(NOLOCK) ON
>>> TransactionEntry.ReturnReasonCodeID = ReasonCodeReturn.ID LEFT JOIN
>>> Store
>>> ON [Transaction].StoreID = Store.ID WHERE [Transaction].Time>=
>>> '#Form.startdate#' and [Transaction].Time<= '#Form.enddate#'.
>>>

>>> I get a total sum, but it is not the same total as is showing on the
>>> detailed sales report. Anyone have any help on how to fix this?
>>>
>>> Thanks,
>>> nick

0
Nick6962 (48)
6/6/2005 7:51:14 PM
Nick,

It will go right in your select statement.  So: SELECT
Sum([TransactionEntry.Price]*[TransactionEntry.Quantity]) AS Total FROM.....
and the remainder as you have it.

Holly

"Nick" <Nick@me.com> wrote in message news:jM1pe.7694$K66.1903@fe02.lga...
> Holly,
>
> Where would I add this to in my query? I think I know what you mean, I
> want to multiply each transaction item by the quantity that was sold, then
> add those up at the end to get my final total price. What SQL would I use
> for this?
>
> Thanks,
> "Holly C" <holly@christmasspiritshop.com> wrote in message
>>I don't see any reference to Quantity in your query.  I haven't tested
>>this, but I believe you need to modify your select statement to accomodate
>>TransactionEntry.price * TransactionEntry.Quantity.
>>
>> Hope this helps.
>>
>> "Nick" <Nick@me.com> wrote in message news:E11pe.1808$mZ2.904@fe07.lga...
>>> Would someone please give me a hand here? Anyone?
>>>
>>> Thanks,
>>> nick

0
holly1 (18)
6/6/2005 8:19:48 PM
Thanks Holly,

It is working better, but I still am not coming up with the same total as
the HQ Detailed Sales Report is giving. Very weird....

> Nick,
>
> It will go right in your select statement.  So: SELECT
> Sum([TransactionEntry.Price]*[TransactionEntry.Quantity]) AS Total
> FROM..... and the remainder as you have it.
>
> Holly
>
> "Nick" <Nick@me.com> wrote in message news:jM1pe.7694$K66.1903@fe02.lga...
>> Holly,
>>
>> Where would I add this to in my query? I think I know what you mean, I
>> want to multiply each transaction item by the quantity that was sold,
>> then add those up at the end to get my final total price. What SQL would
>> I use for this?
>>
>> Thanks,
>> "Holly C" <holly@christmasspiritshop.com> wrote in message
>>>I don't see any reference to Quantity in your query.  I haven't tested
>>>this, but I believe you need to modify your select statement to
>>>accomodate TransactionEntry.price * TransactionEntry.Quantity.
>>>
>>> Hope this helps.
>>>
>>> "Nick" <Nick@me.com> wrote in message

0
Nick6962 (48)
6/6/2005 8:59:41 PM
My bet is that it is the date range.  Because the database field includes
timestamps, selecting date ranges can be interesting at best.

0
holly1 (18)