Query from RMS data

I am trying to create a Pivot table in Excel, using Microsoft Query linking
to RMS SQL database. SQL stores the date as Date/Time. It becomes impossible
to group in Excel using Pivot Table, by date/time. I want to create a record
in Microsoft query using the date field, but convert to Date only as
dd/mm/yyyy and retain the format as Date and not as Text. I have tried
Left(Date,11) and Convert(VARCHAR,1,101), none of them work. Could someone
help me with the correct syntax. Microsoft query does not recognize MID.

Thanks
0
Krish1 (11)
10/6/2005 9:07:02 PM
pos 14173 articles. 0 followers. Follow

I've had a similar problem. The solution I used was to convert the dates into
text data and then convert that text data back to date format in dd/mm/yyyy
form. I used the Excel add-in product from www.digdb.com as it has a nice
data conversion tool. If anyone knows how to deal with this problem without
the purchase of additional software I'd like to hear it.

"Krish" wrote:

> I am trying to create a Pivot table in Excel, using Microsoft Query linking
> to RMS SQL database. SQL stores the date as Date/Time. It becomes impossible
> to group in Excel using Pivot Table, by date/time. I want to create a record
> in Microsoft query using the date field, but convert to Date only as
> dd/mm/yyyy and retain the format as Date and not as Text. I have tried
> Left(Date,11) and Convert(VARCHAR,1,101), none of them work. Could someone
> help me with the correct syntax. Microsoft query does not recognize MID.
>
> Thanks
0
lance (92)

RMS Report Builder
What reporting tool does RMS use? I see that the report files have a .QRP extension, which is either QuickReports (doubtful, as that is a Delphi tool), Centura Report Builder, or Liberty for Windows report file. The file can be edited directly in NotePad. If I knew what reporting tool it used, I might be able to find a tutorial or some documentation. I'm trying to customize a report. I've been able to add tables to the query, and add fields and expressions to the column list. I'd like the report to sort by a non-grouped field (customizing the Detailed Sales report, and I w...

Timer for Queries?

Filtering Data
I have a spreadsheet that contains a column for Investigator Name, Pt. ID and Date of Enrollment as follows. I need to filter how many patients were enrolled by each site per month. Should I use an advanced filter, I'm not sure how to do this. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Investigator Pt. ID Date Dr. Black 01-001 08/09/03 01-002 08/09/03 01-003 08/12/03 01-004 08/13/03 Dr. Smith 03-001 08/16/02 03-002 08/16/02 03-003 09/06/02 03-004 09/06/02 03-005 09/06/02 03-006 09/20/02 Regards, Dee ...

How to dump smartlist definition data
We are migrating from GP 8 to GP 10 and we need to go through and cleanup the existing smartlists. I would like to be able to query the definition tables for smartlist and provide the user community a spreadsheet that contains each of the "favorites" created under each of the out-of-the-box smartlists so they can let me know which ones are not used anymore and can be cleaned up. The ASIEXP81 table seems to house the Favorites in it so I am almost there. However, I cannot find where to join to the main smart lists so these favorites can be grouped. Does anyone know how to ...

Erratic results from query criteria

how to assign color for a data type
Hi i have made a chart for sales of 12 items in 28 outlets over a period of 4 years (ie total sale for the year), not all outlets have all 12 items. the outlest only stock what they think they can sell. so they may have sold an item one year, and not sold it next year. when I make a bar chart for each outlet I have 4 bars, one for each year, and each item is stacked up on the other on the bar, now only problem is that when i select another store, the bars all change colors, as in even if item 7 were there in both shops, the color representing item 7 is diffrent. In other words, irrespective o...

Making data span 2 columns
Hi, I'm new to this community and new to the RMS system. I am trying to modify the PrintTransactionDetails sub in the receipt.xml to be 2 columns and put the entry.description information onto another row. The person who writes the descriptions likes to be wordy and I need the entire 40 columns in order to hold the text. I changed the 3 columns into 2 with a format of 71% for the item number or description and 29% for the sales amount. The description and a null field occupy the first row and the item number and amount occupies the second row. I have the transaction d...

Updating Data from two different worksheets
I have two worksheets, General Ledger and Out Ledger. The general ledge lists our inventory according to a LOT ID and the total number of item in that lot; i.e. column A: Lot ID, column B: Total Number of Pieces column C: Balance The Out Ledger lists the number of items sold from a particular lot i.e. column A: Lot ID, column B: Number Sold I want to be able to calculate the Balance in the General Ledger give the Number Sold in the Out Ledger. I am having difficulty in makin sure the Lot ID's match up and that the proper cells are referenced. Any suggestions/advice would be greatly appr...

Update Query ?

design query match anywhere?
In the design query I want to match the letters "ABC" anywhere in the column 'description'. I could not get instr to work by using: InStr(description, "ABC")) > 0 How else can I match ABC (upper and lowercase) to anywhere in my 'description' column? Thanks! Are you saying you put that InStr bit as a criteria under your Description field in the query designer? Try putting Like "*ABC*" as the criteria instead. Alternatively, you could add a computed field to the query InStr([Description, "ABC") and then put >0 as the ...

Matching data in tables
I have two tables of data, some of the rows are duplicated in these tables i want to find the data that is different. will an advanced filter do this? Chip Pearson has lots of info about working with duplicates at: http://www.cpearson.com/excel/duplicat.htm Jo Davis wrote: > > I have two tables of data, some of the rows are duplicated in these tables i > want to find the data that is different. > > will an advanced filter do this? -- Dave Peterson Cheers Dave "Dave Peterson" wrote: > Chip Pearson has lots of info about working with duplicates at: >...

keep value if formula has no data
I have a worksheet that automatically updates everyday and works some calculations for me. How can I get the formula sheet to keep the value from the previous day if there is no data today. Because now it is filling in all my cells with zeros. Thanks -- Nicki Taylor Post your formula. -- Regards, RD ---------------------------------------------------------------------------- ------------------- Please keep all correspondence within the Group, so all may benefit ! ---------------------------------------------------------------------------- ------------------- "NTaylor" <...

I am getting a message that says "Unexpected Error An Error has occurred" when I am running an advanced find query on two custom entities. It seems to be when I have certain custom fields included in my view that the query errors out. Any help on this would be greatly appreciated. Thanks so much. Just wanted to add that I seem to get errors when there is a 0.00 amount in these fields... "TJ" wrote: > I am getting a message that says "Unexpected Error An Error has occurred" > when I am running an advanced find query on two custom entities. It se...

CRM Data Migration 11-03-04
Hi, I would like to enquire how long will I need to take to migrate data from a table in an access database to MS CRM? For instance I wana migrate 10 columns in customer table in access database to MSCRM. How much effort need to be done? As I have not done any data migration before. So wat do I need to do n prep myself in order to start the data migration for my customer? any guidelines to assist me? Kindly assist me pls. thanks Johnson Dear Johnson, You should take a look at the data migration framework. This is on a cd which is delivered with crm, or you can download it from t...

How do I replicate data from primary worksheet to other worksheet
I want to copy data from my primary worksheet (which will be modified frequently) to other my other worksheets (which have filters applied to the data) I want these to be updated automatically. I have already set up the filters on the other worksheets. To put you in the picture, it is for a stock room system, with the current stock in the primary sheet and the stock per shelf in the other worksheets. Thankyou Your help is warmly welcomed! Hi Jon Why are you doing the filtering on a copy? Why not just filter the original? If you do want to copy all data to another sheet, then on Sheet2...

pass through query

SQL2008 and Access 2007 Data Project
I am have SQL 2008 and Microsoft office 2007. I created a adp DB that connects to a DB in SQL 2008. Everything seems fine but I can’t edit the records in the Microsoft adp database. I have full rights to the db so that is not the issue and. In fact I go into SQL and edit the records without any issues. Another odd thing is I do have a command button set up that runs a delete stored procedure in SQL and updates a table in SQL and this works fine. Has anyone ran into this problem and if so is can you point me to the solution? Thanks Andy > Has anyone ran into this...

a count field in a query?

Saving Username and Pass with Web Queries
I am pulling data from a website that requires you to provide a usernam and password everytime you visit the site. Excel has cachin capabilities, but everytime you close excel and try and open up th spreadsheet again, it can't login. What is the fix for this? Thanks, Hend -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Bump! --- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ ...

Conditioning formating a data value to change to a color
Hello, What I am trying to do is lets say I have a bunch of numbers in column F (for illustration purposes I will only show one number) and what I would like if any of the numbers in column F are greater than 300 I want it to change the color of that number to red automatical (See example) date time day evening night 24hr. Totals 3/12/04 8:00 100 12:00 300 4:00 600 1000 (change to red) I have no problem with changing the number to red m...

Birthday query for many children in one record
I have a database for the church, it has one main flat table only. Each record for the parents have field for child1 name, child1birthday, child2 name, child2birthday, child3 name, child3birthday - up to 5 children. I am having difficulty trying to get a report to list the birthdays of the children like this parent name, child 1 name, child 1 birthday month etc. so you get something like this:- Parent John Smith, child Mary Smith January 3 Parent Fred Jones, child Bert Jones March 4 Parent John Smith, child Jane Smith March 6 Parent Harry Brown, child Jane Brown March 6 Parent Bert Taylor,...

Unresponsive Query Wizard
Hi there, I have an Excel 2003 user who is using a spreadsheet that pulls data from our SQL server. When he opens it and refreshes the data it is fine, it pulls the current data, but when he tries to edit the query, the Query Wizard does not appear, he can see it on the task bar, but when he switches focus using task manager everything is greyed out and nothing works. I have tested the file from my computer and it is fine, which suggests a problem with his machine or installation. Does anyone have any ideas? Cheers, Steve Dooza wrote: > Hi there, > I have an Excel 2003 user who...

Import data from a web page
I've read the suggestions about this topic and none of them work. The only thing I am able to do is manually copy and paste data from a website to my Excel worksheet. In the past, with the previous version of Excel I had a web query that worked but now I just get an error message that says the query retrieved no data. Following the instructions in the error message window yields no results. Has anyone else had this problem and arrived at a solution? What version of Excel, previous version is not descriptive of what you had what you have now. And it possibly does not matter. In...

Pivot Chart
Hi, I've got a pivot chart which has X = Total Sales, Y = Product Code, and Data Series = Year&Month; from a pivot table which has Rows = Product Code, Columns = Year&Month, and Data = Total Sales. This graph isn't particularly usefull to my sales guys as it doesn't really show how a product has been bough over a period of time, more of a colourful mess however the table is. What I really want is to have X = Total Sales, Y = Year&Month, and Data Series = Product Code. This should display a graph which will show what the sales guys are after. However when I move...

RMS + PCCharge + Voiding
We've experienced problems in our store where a sales associate rings in a customer charging a credit card, then the associate realizes they did not give the customer an appropriate discount. Ideally, the person should be able to simply void this transaction, but I read that since it was charged to a card, funds can only be returned instead of voided. The thought being that the funds have already been removed from the customers account. However, this is not the case, (as I understand) because at this point, the batch in PCCharge has not been settled. I know that I can manu...