QSRules Question

Hi, Still investigating possible interaction with Store Ops, and am
attempting to inteface with it using C#, presume its same process as VB.

I have no idea how to even connect to Store Ops, should store ops be
running, or will it be started by my app.
I have written the code below to try to send a message to an operator, but
am having no success, I get the status of 'statuscategoryServerFail' when
attempting to send a message.
I am obviously missing some initialisation step, can someone please tell me
what it is unitil I get my hands on the Customization Guide.
If someone could even write some sample code that starts/connects to Store
ops and does something simple I would be gratefull.

This is my code :

QSRules.SessionClass session = new QSRules.SessionClass();

    int id = 1;
    String hello = "Hello";
    String message = "Test from C#";

    QSRules.StatusCategoryEnum status;

    status = session.SendMessage(ref id, ref hello, ref message);

    MessageBox.Show(status.ToString(), "Message");
0
AndrewT1 (12)
10/19/2004 4:05:05 AM
pos 14173 articles. 0 followers. Follow

If you just want to send a message from an external app, write a row to the
Message table.  Direct DB interaction is the simplest solution for an
external add-in (one that isn't called from within POS).

If you want to use QS Rules, activate your code (via COM) from a Hook, or
from a custom POS Button.  Either a hook or a POS Button can pass an active
session object to your code.

This is the VB6 definition of the Process function that your component needs
to implement:

Public Function Process(mySession As QSRules.SessionClass) As Boolean

A Hook or POS Button that's tied to your component will call the Process
function...

You can use QS Rules from a stand alone app, but you have to connect it to
the database - just instantiating the object as you have done does not
connect the object.  Use Object Browser to check out the Gateway or Database
objects (I forget the name) - there are properties and methods in there to
connect to the DB - you will need to provide your own connection information
as the entries from RMS Administrator are encrypted. You may also be having
some COM Interop problems - I'm not sure what the specific errors you posted
mean...

--
Glenn Adams
Tiber Creek Consulting

"AndrewT" <AndrewT@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hi, Still investigating possible interaction with Store Ops, and am
> attempting to inteface with it using C#, presume its same process as VB.
>
> I have no idea how to even connect to Store Ops, should store ops be
> running, or will it be started by my app.
> I have written the code below to try to send a message to an operator, but
> am having no success, I get the status of 'statuscategoryServerFail' when
> attempting to send a message.
> I am obviously missing some initialisation step, can someone please tell
> me
> what it is unitil I get my hands on the Customization Guide.
> If someone could even write some sample code that starts/connects to Store
> ops and does something simple I would be gratefull.
>

> This is my code :
>

> QSRules.SessionClass session = new QSRules.SessionClass();
>
>    int id = 1;
>    String hello = "Hello";
>    String message = "Test from C#";
>
>    QSRules.StatusCategoryEnum status;
>
>    status = session.SendMessage(ref id, ref hello, ref message);
>
>    MessageBox.Show(status.ToString(), "Message");

0
glenn1806 (721)
10/19/2004 2:51:30 PM
Thanks Glenn.

Managed to get some interaction to the database by doing what you said with
the message table.
Guess I need to know now which table hold the details for the current
Transaction, I will need to be able to add an Item by its code from my app to
the current list of items to be purchased.

Will try to access my code by writing a COM Object as well, having problems
with this at the moment but will keep at it.

Also having problems in the stand alone app part, can create the Session
Object, but can figure out how to attach it to a server.

Thanks for your help, you have pointed me in the right direction. Hopefully
we will get our Customization guide soon.

Cheers

Andrew

"Glenn Adams" wrote:

> If you just want to send a message from an external app, write a row to the
> Message table.  Direct DB interaction is the simplest solution for an
> external add-in (one that isn't called from within POS).
>
> If you want to use QS Rules, activate your code (via COM) from a Hook, or
> from a custom POS Button.  Either a hook or a POS Button can pass an active
> session object to your code.
>
> This is the VB6 definition of the Process function that your component needs
> to implement:
>
> Public Function Process(mySession As QSRules.SessionClass) As Boolean
>
> A Hook or POS Button that's tied to your component will call the Process
> function...
>
> You can use QS Rules from a stand alone app, but you have to connect it to
> the database - just instantiating the object as you have done does not
> connect the object.  Use Object Browser to check out the Gateway or Database
> objects (I forget the name) - there are properties and methods in there to
> connect to the DB - you will need to provide your own connection information
> as the entries from RMS Administrator are encrypted. You may also be having
> some COM Interop problems - I'm not sure what the specific errors you posted
> mean...
>

> --
> Glenn Adams
> Tiber Creek Consulting
> http://www.tibercreek.com
> glenn@tibercreek.com
> newsgroup so that all can share the information
>

> "AndrewT" <AndrewT@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Hi, Still investigating possible interaction with Store Ops, and am
> > attempting to inteface with it using C#, presume its same process as VB.
> >
> > I have no idea how to even connect to Store Ops, should store ops be
> > running, or will it be started by my app.
> > I have written the code below to try to send a message to an operator, but
> > am having no success, I get the status of 'statuscategoryServerFail' when
> > attempting to send a message.
> > I am obviously missing some initialisation step, can someone please tell
> > me
> > what it is unitil I get my hands on the Customization Guide.
> > If someone could even write some sample code that starts/connects to Store
> > ops and does something simple I would be gratefull.
> >

> > This is my code :
> >

> > QSRules.SessionClass session = new QSRules.SessionClass();
> >
> >    int id = 1;
> >    String hello = "Hello";
> >    String message = "Test from C#";
> >
> >    QSRules.StatusCategoryEnum status;
> >
> >    status = session.SendMessage(ref id, ref hello, ref message);
> >
> >    MessageBox.Show(status.ToString(), "Message");

0
AndrewT1 (12)
10/20/2004 4:53:02 AM
If you want to add items to the current transaction, that implies that your
component is being called from within POS, either via a hook or a Custom
Button.  There's no way to attach to 'the current transaction' except by
having it's Session passed into the Process function by one of the above
methods.

If you haven't already, check out the DrillDown.htm sample HTML Addin
installed with Store Ops.  It uses QSRules to add an item ( same thing
you'll need to do ) then uses a couple of fire events in QSBridge to refresh
the screen.  You'll also have to come up with a way to fire those QSBridge
events, as that's the only way to make the item you just added visible on
the transaction screen.  One method is to set a timer in Status.HTM that
refreshes the transaction display every second or so...

--

> [...]
>> > am having no success, I get the status of 'statuscategoryServerFail'
>> > when
>> > attempting to send a message.
>> > I am obviously missing some initialisation step, can someone please
>> > tell
>> > me
>> > what it is unitil I get my hands on the Customization Guide.
>> > If someone could even write some sample code that starts/connects to
>> > Store
>> > ops and does something simple I would be gratefull.
>> >

>> > This is my code :
>> >

>> > QSRules.SessionClass session = new QSRules.SessionClass();
>> >
>> >    int id = 1;
>> >    String hello = "Hello";
>> >    String message = "Test from C#";
>> >
>> >    QSRules.StatusCategoryEnum status;
>> >
>> >    status = session.SendMessage(ref id, ref hello, ref message);
>> >
>> >    MessageBox.Show(status.ToString(), "Message");

10/20/2004 5:32:03 AM
strange, drilldown.htm does not work on my machine
I get the error

Line : 148
Col : 2

Error : null is null or not an object

Will have a look into this thanks

"Glenn Adams" wrote:

> [...]
> >> connect the object.  Use Object Browser to check out the Gateway or
> >> Database
> >> objects (I forget the name) - there are properties and methods in there
> >> connect to the DB - you will need to provide your own connection
> >> information
> >> as the entries from RMS Administrator are encrypted. You may also be
> >> having
> >> some COM Interop problems - I'm not sure what the specific errors you
> >> posted
> >> mean...
> >>

> >> --
> >> Glenn Adams
> >> Tiber Creek Consulting
> >> http://www.tibercreek.com
> >> glenn@tibercreek.com
> >> ----------------------------------------------
> >> Please DO NOT respond to me directly but post all responses here in the
> >> newsgroup so that all can share the information

10/20/2004 6:07:01 AM
sorry, it does work.....

"AndrewT" wrote:

> strange, drilldown.htm does not work on my machine
> I get the error
>
> Line : 148
> Col : 2
>
> Error : null is null or not an object
>

> Will have a look into this thanks
>

> "Glenn Adams" wrote:
>
> > If you want to add items to the current transaction, that implies that your
> > component is being called from within POS, either via a hook or a Custom
> > Button.  There's no way to attach to 'the current transaction' except by
> > having it's Session passed into the Process function by one of the above
> > methods.
> >
> > If you haven't already, check out the DrillDown.htm sample HTML Addin
> > installed with Store Ops.  It uses QSRules to add an item ( same thing
> > you'll need to do ) then uses a couple of fire events in QSBridge to refresh
> > the screen.  You'll also have to come up with a way to fire those QSBridge
> > events, as that's the only way to make the item you just added visible on
> > the transaction screen.  One method is to set a timer in Status.HTM that
> > refreshes the transaction display every second or so...
> >
> > --
> > Glenn Adams
> > Tiber Creek Consulting
> > http://www.tibercreek.com
> > glenn@tibercreek.com
> > Please DO NOT respond to me directly but post all responses here in the
> > newsgroup so that all can share the information
> >

> > "AndrewT" <AndrewT@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > > Thanks Glenn.
> > >
> > > Managed to get some interaction to the database by doing what you said
> > > with
> > > the message table.
> > > Guess I need to know now which table hold the details for the current
> > > Transaction, I will need to be able to add an Item by its code from my app
> > > the current list of items to be purchased.
> > >
> > > Will try to access my code by writing a COM Object as well, having
> > > problems
> > > with this at the moment but will keep at it.
> > >
> > > Also having problems in the stand alone app part, can create the Session
> > > Object, but can figure out how to attach it to a server.
> > >
> > > Thanks for your help, you have pointed me in the right direction.
> > > Hopefully
> > > we will get our Customization guide soon.
> > >
> > > Cheers
> > >
> > > Andrew

0
AndrewT1 (12)

Question on mailbox security tab on a user i see listed there
When i pull up a users mailbox and look at the security tab to see the list of who has security access to the mailbox it has a listing that looks like this. HQDC4$(administrator\HQDC2$) I do not have a domain controller named HQDC4 (Their could have been one before i started here.) What is it for and does it need to be there? That's not something that shows by default. My guess is that at some point you had a machine by that name in the environment. You could find a guinea pig account and remove it and see what happens but my guess will be nothing. Thanks, Dan "charles18...

SORTING question
Hi. I'm using MS XP (Home) and MS Excel 2003, and I'm just learning how to use the program, so please bear with me (what follows below is a little long-winded). I recently imported a very large Access database file into Excel. This file has five columns, and one of them is a KeyID column (numbering 1 to 60,000). I will be sorting this Excel Sheet frequently, but I need to maintain the exact (original) order of the file for reasons I won't go into here. I will sort the Sheet, make some changes, then sort on the KeyID column to return to the original order (which starts a...

Questions about the Data Migration Framework
Hello, I try to use the Data Migration Framework and during population of the CDF-Database I run in a problem which I would like to discuss. The task is quite simple but I found the DMF to be the most suitable solution to it. We want to remove the leads from our database and only run contacts and customers. We found that our organization doesn't need the separation of Leads and Customers in the sense CRM sees it. We will set the status of a contact/account via a customized field. So in an Access-Database I set links to the CRM-tables for Lead and Annotation. Also I set links to the CDF-...

create automatic response to questions in excel....
Hi, Is there a way in excel where I have 10 questions and can click on one question and get the answer to pop up in my spreadsheet? thank you, Felicia On Dec 1, 6:39 am, felicia <feli...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > Hi, > Is there a way in excel where I have 10 questions and can click on one > question and get the answer to pop up in my spreadsheet? > > thank you, > > Felicia One way, with questions in A1:A10 and corresponding correct answers in A1:A10 on a hidden worksheet with tab name "Answers"... right click the tab of the sheet with the qu...

Attachment Question.
Mayhaps I'm on drugs, but I recall that when I sent an attachment it was ATTACHED as an attachment. Now when I send an attachment, it is included in the body of the message. Hugh??? WazUp Sounds like you sent a message in rich-text format. Compare with the = results for HTML and plain text messages.=20 --=20 Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP Author of Microsoft Outlook 2007 Programming: Jumpstart for Power Users and Administrators http://www.outlookcode.com/article.aspx?id=3D54=20 "Waz Up" <ms_mvp@netservices.net> wrote in message = news:eYnUz4kvHHA.4528@TK2MSF...

2 questions
Just bought the PC with Vista Home and IE7. There are 2 questions please. 1. I don't know how Microsoft Bing is on the browser toolbars. How can I get rid of it? 2. Icons on the desktop are somewhat too big. How can I reduce their size? TIA One answer. 1. Click the down arrow to the right of the search box and then Search Options-Change Search Defaults, highlight Bing and Remove. ....Alan -- Alan Edwards, MS MVP Windows - Internet Explorer http://dts-l.com/index.htm On Fri, 27 Nov 2009 13:32:23 +0800, in microsoft.public.windows.v...

Column to Text Question
I am stuck on a text -> Column issue. This feature is wonderful and ha saved me hours of work, but i was wondering if there was a way to jus seperate the text in a column only once. For Example: Julia Goolia, II, Esq. In text -> Columns, if breaking at the (space), that data would make column for the word "Julia" another column for "Goolia", yet anothe for "II", and finally a column for "Esq." What I want to do is have Text -> Columns stop after the first (Space so that the first column would be "Julia" and the second column woul...

QSRules
Can anybody please help me out? I need a list of QSRules to meke some customezation at POS If you have the list of the QSRules please send a copy to josecwa@bellsouth.net Thank u. https://mbs.microsoft.com/partnersource/products/rms/documentation/installationsetupguides/rmscustomizationguide.htm If you are a certified Partner you can request the customization guide from M$. Or contact you RMS Partner for help. -- "Jose SanMartin" <copidorapa@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:D7DEA027-CA79-41F2-AA0C-1C886514DE85@microsoft.com... > Can anybody please help me out? >...

Template Question
I'm considering trying excel. Haven't used a spreadsheet program in years and was wondering where or if I might find a template for personal finances. Thanks, James Hi James Try this site http://officeupdate.microsoft.com/templategallery/default.asp You can do a search on Google also HTH John "JamesJ" <jjy@darwin_roadrunner.com> wrote in message news:ep2uov8hJHA.2204@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl... > I'm considering trying excel. Haven't used a spreadsheet program in years > and was wondering > where or if I might find a template for personal finances. ...

QSRules Question
Hi, Still investigating possible interaction with Store Ops, and am attempting to inteface with it using C#, presume its same process as VB. I have no idea how to even connect to Store Ops, should store ops be running, or will it be started by my app. I have written the code below to try to send a message to an operator, but am having no success, I get the status of 'statuscategoryServerFail' when attempting to send a message. I am obviously missing some initialisation step, can someone please tell me what it is unitil I get my hands on the Customization Guide. If someone could e...

DRW Questions...
I performed a 'Save As' on a page containing a DRW so I can mess with the NEW page. On the NEW page when I click on the Submit button, the results divert to the original page. Can this be corrected with out recreating the page? David Change the form action attribute to point to the "NEW" page, it probably now points to the original page. -- Ron Symonds Microsoft MVP (Expression Web) http://www.rxs-enterprises.org/fp/wf-menu.aspx 116 laid this down on his screen : > I performed a 'Save As' on a page containing a > DRW so I can mess wit...

CString question
CString ext = path.Right(3); s.Format(_T("length %d\n[FILE %s]\n"), tmpFile.GetLength (), (LPCTSTR)ext); When this line executes I wind up with a string value of "length 1110\n[FILE (null)]\n" If I reverse the parameter usage, I'll get the correct "[FILE GIF]\nlength 1110\n" Does anyone know why I can't use a string for the second optional parameter of Format? Thanks, Scott Since you haven't received any answer yet, I'll throw in my 2 cents. It's not that you cannot use a string for the second parameter (which you by the way don't n...

Email question #4
Hi Can you please let me know how to stop Outlook opening if I click an email address online? Thank you G'Day Julia, If you were browsing the Web and you clicked a hyperlink for another page, you would be upset if nothing happened. An email address (in a web page, a Word document etc) that is also a hyperlink is DESIGNED to cause your browser (Word etc) to open your default email application, and supply it that address. A lot of people would be upset if it did not!! Don't click an email hyperlink unless you want to sent an email to it. -- Regards, Pat Garard Melbourne, Aust...

CComQIPtr and XML question
Hi all! On VC6 this code worked perfectly: MSXML::IXMLDOMDocumentPtr CXMLDocItem::GetXMLNode() { CComQIPtr<MSXML::IXMLDOMDocument> docPtr = CXMLItem::GetXMLNode(); return docPtr; } It is a part of Expat XML wrapping library. But, on VS2008 it gives me the following error: error C2664: '_com_ptr_t<_IIID>::_com_ptr_t(int)' : cannot convert parameter 1 from 'ATL::CComQIPtr<T>' to 'int' 1> with 1> [ 1> _IIID=_com_IIID<MSXML::IXMLDOMDocument,& _GUID_2933bf81_7b36_11d2_b20e_00c04f983e60> ...

formula question #2
I have a column of 0's and 1's. I need a formula to change the 1's to "yes" and the 0's to "no". Thanks for your help. Tim Hi why not use Edit-Replace? -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany Tim wrote: > I have a column of 0's and 1's. I need a formula to change > the 1's to "yes" and the 0's to "no". > > Thanks for your help. > Tim Tim If you don't want to actually change them, but change the way they are displayed, you could use a custom format >Cells...>Number>Custom and type ...

Paper output size question
Hi, I'm trying to set up a continuous feed printing system using an Okidata 9 pin printer on an XP system with Excel 2003. The paper is an odd size. Between the tractor pins it is 9 inches, between vert perfs its 8 3/8 inches. But its only 4 and a quarter inches between horizontal perfs. After you tear off the edges, etc., you wind up with a rectangular piece of paper 4 1/4 long by 8 3/8 wide. (which is exactly what I want) The problem is when I go to page setup, I can't find a place to tell it the paper size. It has 5 pre-defined paper sizes, 8 1/2 by 11, A 5, A4, B5, ...

Newsgroup showing my messages as comments when they are sent with the radio button on Question
I have sent two questions in the last couple of days and in Windows Mail they are listed with the comments icon rather than the question icon. When the messages are sent the radio button is checked for question. Is anyone else getting the same problem or do you see my questions with the question icon? Thanks, Nigel Nigel Freeney <nigel.msnewsgroups@freeney.co.uk> wrote: > I have sent two questions in the last couple of days and in Windows > Mail they are listed with the comments icon rather than the question > icon. > > When the messages are sent the radio butt...

question about macro in excel
hello, i have a macro that i want to run on different excel sheets. i want to be able to choose it from every sheet. how can i make it general? thanks in advance, tal --- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ Write your code against the activesheet. Store the workbook with the code somewhere nice. When you need the macro, open this file and tools|macro|macros... and run your macro. A lot of people save all their general utility macros into a file called personal.xls and make sure that it's in their XLStart folder. Then each time excel opens, this workbook also opens and th...

error "qsRules is null or not an object"
Hey guys, i am trying to call qsrules in html file but it gives me this error qsRules is null or not an object when it goes to second line of code var qsRules = qsBridge.RequestQSRules(); var rs = qsRules.OpenRecordSet(sql, true); can anybody tell me what i might be doing wrong thanks a lot shoby ...

Basic questions re threads and cleaning up
I'm new to C++ and I have some basic questions. I have written an app that does some network stuff in a worker thread. The thread function requests something from the server, gets it and creates an object from the server response. Does this thread terminate/stop/die as soon as it completes its last line of code? Or do I have to do something to kill it? I am used to coding Java so I am totally unsure of what I have to do to "clean up" my variables/objects and free up memory etc. Should I use "delete" for all objects I instantiate? How do I remove remove primitive...

2 Questions #2
Thank you!! -- KellyMcG0 ----------------------------------------------------------------------- KellyMcG03's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1454 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=26648 ...

data validation question #4
Within the same Excel Sheet, I am creating an account profile sheet. I have used Data Validation and lists to choose both the account name, and the data fields. When I select the account name, I would like the appropriate data to populate. I would like to have this 'stored' in one sheet versus several. Ex, Account Name: <Microsoft> Field 1: <apples> Field 2: <oranges> or if I choose... Account Name: <XYZ> Field 1: <lemons> Field 2: <grapes> Is there a way to do this? take a look at Debra Dalgleish's site: http://www.contextu...

ShellExecute question
I have a script that uses the ShellExecute function to run wscript.exe in Windows 7 as an elevated user (with the "runas" verb). When it runs, a UAC window pops up and the user must click "Other User" and then enter the username and password of an administrative account to continue. Is there a parameter I can include in the script which will pre-populate the username box in the UAC window so the user only needs to enter the password? Thanks... ...

VBScript Question
Sorry for posting here, but it's the closest thing I could find to VBScript for administrative monitoring. I'm following the example in an old Windows 2000 Scripting Guide book on how to subscribe to a permanent event monitor, and I can't get it to work, but have no error messages being reported to troubleshoot. This technology doesn't exactly lend itself to piece-wise testing, either. I'm on XP Pro, 5.1.2600 (SP 3). I've executed (successfully) the mofcomp script scrcons.mof to register the consumer classes. Here's my do-nothing script if anyone is...

Randbetween question
Is it possible to generate numbers that have decimal numbers? When I use RANDBETWEEN function I only seem to get integers. It sure would be nice to gereate random numbers that are between specific numbers that have decimals. Why not simply use RAND? To get numbers between 50 and 80, for example, you can use =30*RAND()+50 where the 30 is the difference and the 50 is the lowest #. Bob Umlas, Excel MVP "Phil" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:074f01c424fc$17225120$a301280a@phx.gbl... > Is it possible to generate numbers that have decimal >...