QSC Import

I have found the tool and installed it.  I have Excel 2007 (and beginning to
think this is the problem).  I have attempted to use the QSCimport tool for
inventory only and I connect to the DB and map the fields.  I tried to map
just the fields I had data in and it didn't work.  I then mapped all 52
fields in Inventory.  That still didn't work.  QSC attached to the DB and the
import kicks off and completes but it does not enter any records.  I have
thought that maybe it didn't have a reference to some fields like suppliers
or item type and made them all Zero.  That didn't help.  The activity log
says nothing of errors, it just lists a comma delimited bunch of items with a
sequential number in the front of each line item in {  }.  I think it should
work, but it doesn't.  Any help here?

Doug
pos 14173 articles. 0 followers. Follow

Doug

First save your excel 2007 item file as excel 97 or 2003.  Open that up then
save the item file as a TAB delimited file.

Run your import again - set destination table = inventory, delimiter = TAB

Map your fields, and finish the import.

Typically, if you can see your items in the preview screen (where you can
indicate that the first row is a column header) it means it reads and
understands the file.

Give this a shot -

"Doug - Mountain POS" wrote:

> I have found the tool and installed it.  I have Excel 2007 (and beginning to
> think this is the problem).  I have attempted to use the QSCimport tool for
> inventory only and I connect to the DB and map the fields.  I tried to map
> just the fields I had data in and it didn't work.  I then mapped all 52
> fields in Inventory.  That still didn't work.  QSC attached to the DB and the
> import kicks off and completes but it does not enter any records.  I have
> thought that maybe it didn't have a reference to some fields like suppliers
> or item type and made them all Zero.  That didn't help.  The activity log
> says nothing of errors, it just lists a comma delimited bunch of items with a
> sequential number in the front of each line item in {  }.  I think it should
> work, but it doesn't.  Any help here?
>
> Doug
0
convoluted (621)
11/25/2008 7:49:02 PM
That was the problem - works like a charm.  Save as 97/2003 first and then as
a Tab text file.

First true install went fairly well.  I'm glad I have two years of alt POS
software under my belt.  There was a lot to think about for a store to truly
work well with this product.  I like the Alias tab.  It helped with Suppliers
that ship product with a different UPC code on a shipping document than what
is on the product itself.

Thanks,
Doug

"convoluted" wrote:

> Doug
>
> First save your excel 2007 item file as excel 97 or 2003.  Open that up then
> save the item file as a TAB delimited file.
>
> Run your import again - set destination table = inventory, delimiter = TAB
>
> Map your fields, and finish the import.
>
> Typically, if you can see your items in the preview screen (where you can
> indicate that the first row is a column header) it means it reads and
> understands the file.
>
> Give this a shot -
>
> "Doug - Mountain POS" wrote:
>
> > I have found the tool and installed it.  I have Excel 2007 (and beginning to
> > think this is the problem).  I have attempted to use the QSCimport tool for
> > inventory only and I connect to the DB and map the fields.  I tried to map
> > just the fields I had data in and it didn't work.  I then mapped all 52
> > fields in Inventory.  That still didn't work.  QSC attached to the DB and the
> > import kicks off and completes but it does not enter any records.  I have
> > thought that maybe it didn't have a reference to some fields like suppliers
> > or item type and made them all Zero.  That didn't help.  The activity log
> > says nothing of errors, it just lists a comma delimited bunch of items with a
> > sequential number in the front of each line item in {  }.  I think it should
> > work, but it doesn't.  Any help here?
> >
> > Doug
If you want to try our Import Utility that does Item import, Catalogue
import, transactional and historfical import, as well as link with store and
hq and also upgrade MS POS to RMS contact me.  I will send you a link to
download and evaluate the product.

Afshin Alikhani - afshin@retailrealm.co.uk
Retail Realm
= = = = = = = = = =
"Doug - Mountain POS" <DougMountainPOS@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
message news:D793F04B-CEEB-461C-BFC2-FEE7A2AF41C6@microsoft.com...
>I have found the tool and installed it.  I have Excel 2007 (and beginning
> think this is the problem).  I have attempted to use the QSCimport tool
> for
> inventory only and I connect to the DB and map the fields.  I tried to map
> just the fields I had data in and it didn't work.  I then mapped all 52
> fields in Inventory.  That still didn't work.  QSC attached to the DB and
> the
> import kicks off and completes but it does not enter any records.  I have
> thought that maybe it didn't have a reference to some fields like
> suppliers
> or item type and made them all Zero.  That didn't help.  The activity log
> says nothing of errors, it just lists a comma delimited bunch of items
> with a
> sequential number in the front of each line item in {  }.  I think it
> should
> work, but it doesn't.  Any help here?
>
> Doug

0
afshin (783)

problem importing accounts into crm 3.0 through th bulk import wiz
We are trying to import accounts records into CRM 3.0 through the application's bulk import wizard (tools --> import). the source file is a text file, which contains small amount of data. the process is going well, and being finished successfully, without any warnings or error messages. but the accounts records aren't being imported. when we go to Workplace --> Activities --> Bulk import, to check the status of our import, we can see our import record, but with a Status Reason 'pending'. (is not executed?) there are no start or finished indications, and no fail...

Import Export
I have oulook 2003 under xp pro I'm trying to use import to import my emails from oulook express 6 but it is there and in gray color and not active so how do I fix it. I reinstalled oulook 2003 but same problem exist. Please some help On Mon, 06 Mar 2006 19:43:38 +0200, smh wrote: > I have oulook 2003 under xp pro I'm trying to use import to import my emails > from oulook express 6 but it is there and in gray color and not active so > how do I fix it. I reinstalled oulook 2003 but same problem exist. > Please some help Why oh why do people think that "re-inst...

Exporting entites from 3.0 and import it to Titan
Is it possible to export entities from CRM 3.0 and import them to Titan? If it is possible... how will I do that? The SDK documentation is pretty clear about it: "You can import and export only between systems that are running the same version of Microsoft Dynamics CRM. " http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc151166.aspx However, I'd like to get some more clarification on this from the Dynamics team. Obviously they have a tool for upgrading existing customizations, and it would be nice if that tool could be run "standalone" on a customizations.xml file from...

Fix cell formatting when importing data
Hi I am importing data from websites but when it comes in, the cell formatting is terrible and I always have to readjust the row height and column width to be able to read the data. Is there any way to fix the size of the cells so that they are not affected by importing. help appreciated, thanks ...

import nultilinkage sql table into excel
hi all, Again i have problem to import my sql table from Excel 2002. I intend to import few joining table and expected a data from the joining table as a result into my excel file. How can i do that ? Using Import external data, i only can import one by one all my sql table without any linkage for each of the tables. Kindly please advice. -- masita On Mar 5, 5:02 am, "Masita" <masi...@johordt.com> wrote: > hi all, > > Again i have problem to import my sql table from Excel 2002. > I intend to import few joining table and expected a data from the joining >...

Import GL accounts
I need to import a lot of gl accounts using Import manager but I cant seem to setup the excel spreadsheet correctly. My imports fail as a result. Can somebody send me a sample excel spreadsheet of how it should be setup witht the basic minimum requirements. or can somebody show me here what are the required fields to import gl accounts? "Michael@nyresume.com" wrote: > I need to import a lot of gl accounts using Import manager but I cant seem to > setup the excel spreadsheet correctly. My imports fail as a result. Can > somebody send me a sample excel spreadsheet of...

Quickbook Online
Note to all RMS users: Quickbooks online has no import function for .iif files. My accountant and I [unwisely] decided to switch to QB online so we could both work on our accounting file. Now we are somewhat stuck with the decision (for a lot of reasons-not important). I used to import .iif files from RMS to QB to do the daily journal entry. Now I have to enter everything manually - a real pain the in a$$. Does anyone have a workaround for this? does QB Online allow import of ANY file types? Glenn Adams Tiber Creek Consulting http://www.tibercreek.com glenn@tibercreek.com ---------...

importing from OE
all, i'm trying to import *.eml messages to ms outlook 2000 through "import internet mail & addresses", "outlook express 4.x,5", then browsing to the folder which contains the *.eml messages but keep getting the error message "the mail folder can not be opened. If another application is using this files, please close it and try again". i'm sure that no other application is using the files, neither using the folder, since the only application running is ms outlook. what did i do wrong? can someone please help? thanks, You can't. You must...

Importing a txt file into Excel -
In importing a txt file into excel, after I select the column sizes, a dialogue box appears that says: 'there is more than one cell with this label'. Below that is says: "Select the cell containing the label to use.' I'm not sure what I'm supposed to put here. Whatever I do - it says it is not right, and goes on an endless quest for the label. It doesn't load the file into excel, and I have to force quit excel to get out of this. Help! Are you using 'Get external data from text' or 'Text to columns' feature? -- Russell Dawson...

importing dlls
What exactly does the following statement do: #import <shdocvw.dll> ? Can I do something similar if I want to use routines in gdiplus.dll but don't want to redistribute the DLL <anonymous@coolgroups.com> wrote in message news:efa861160f850466c3ae28800f7a70d3@news.scbiz.com... > What exactly does the following statement do: > > #import <shdocvw.dll> > > ? http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/vccore98/html/_predir_the_.23.import_directive.asp > > Can I do something similar if I want to use routines in > gdiplus.dll b...

Import Data from Access
I am running Power Point 2007 SP 2 MSO on a Windows XP Professional service pack 3. I am attemping to link data in a Access 2007 database (query) into a chart in Power Point. I can cut and paste the data into the chart but it only sees a few lines in the graphic display of the chart. When I insert a chart in the Excell spread sheet the grahics are displayed properly. The second feature is that I want this data to be dynamic (updated automatically). I have tried all the help issues but cannot seem to overcome this one issue. Can anyone offer me some assistance in this matter? -- ...

CSV import with Formatted numbers
Is there a way to format a CSV file such that numbers can be formated (like # $,0.00) at the time they are imported? We don't want to have people reformat the data after the file is imported. We would like the numeric picture to be included in the CSV data. This includes formula fields as well. A simple example of the CSV file would be: UserId,Name,Oct_Sales,Nov_Sales,Tot_Sales 1002,John Doe,1000.00,1500.00,=Sum(C2:D2) 1005,Jane Roe,1420.00,2125.00,=Sum(C3:D3) I want the Total (in column E) to be formatted such that it looks like $2,500.00 and $3,545.00 when it is imported. Thanks ...

Can Outlook XP import Mozilla Thunderbird Email
Hi, I like to import my emails from Mozilla Thunderbird into Outlook XP under Windows XP. Is this possible? How can I do it? Thanks a lot! Alex ...

Unable to import outlook.pst
My harddrive crashed and I reinstalled Outlook 2003 and got it running. I tried to bring Outlook.pst from an old backup over and open it. I get the following message: File access is denied. You do not have the permission required to access the file c:\.... My user name is the same on both the old and new install. Any suggestions? Thank you, Gary On 14 May 2004 15:16, "Gary Knox" wrote: >My harddrive crashed and I reinstalled Outlook 2003 and got it running. >I tried to bring Outlook.pst from an old backup over and open it. I get >the following message: > >Fil...

QSC Import
I have found the tool and installed it. I have Excel 2007 (and beginning to think this is the problem). I have attempted to use the QSCimport tool for inventory only and I connect to the DB and map the fields. I tried to map just the fields I had data in and it didn't work. I then mapped all 52 fields in Inventory. That still didn't work. QSC attached to the DB and the import kicks off and completes but it does not enter any records. I have thought that maybe it didn't have a reference to some fields like suppliers or item type and made them all Zero. That didn't...

CRM 4.0 can't import "import into marketing list"
Hi, Please help In CRM 3.0, when you import leads you can select a marketing list (or create a new one) to import to. But I can not find the same thing in CRM 4.0. How can I import leads and put them under a marketing list? Thanks ...

TransferText / Import
I've been using DoCmd.TransferText to import a prenamed text file, however, would like to giv the user the ability to specify the file to be imported, including the ability to select multiple files to import/ append to table at once. Is this possible? Thanks in advance for your help! magmike On Sat, 1 May 2010 20:29:56 -0700 (PDT), magmike <magmike7@yahoo.com> wrote: Sure it is. Open a standard File/Open dialog to ask the user for the file name, then use that value in DoCmd.TransferText. Sample code can be found in many places, including: http://www.tek-tips.com/faq...

Can i import a WAB file into Outlook 97 ?
How can I import a 'wab' address file into Outlook 97? -- Gerry Mitas Ryemont Abbey, Leixlip, Co. Kildare Phone: 01 6104509 Fax:01 601 4716 Info@mitas.ie www.mitas.ie _______________ DISCLAIMER: This e-mail may contain proprietary information, and is covered by copyright. It may be legally privileged, and is for the intended recipient only. If you are not the intended recipient you must not use, disclose, distribute, copy, print or rely on this e-mail. You'd have to import it into Outlook Express on that same machine first, then use Outlook Express's File | Export com...

importing from express to outlook
i have imported messages from outlook express to outlook 2007 all of the folders have appeared and some of the emails however there are a lot of the emails that are not there. can anyone help please thank you Ideally you should export from OE to OL in order to mainatin the modified dates. If you had OE msgs stored in differing folders these would not neccessarily be exported I believe its neccessary to place all the msgs in the root OE folder "jm" <jm@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:CAED6E62-CFEA-4637-B715-071E159F2248@microsoft.com... >i have impo...

Importing a calendar from Excel to OUtlook
I created a calendar in Excel that I want to transfer to Outlook. How do i do that? Thanks ...

How to import my sister company's Exchange 2003 Email addresses
Dear friends help. How to import my sister company's Exchange 2003 Email addresses and have this imported into my Exchange 2003's Global Recipients for our Global Address list. We are both using Exchange 2003 and 5.5 had this feature before. Both our exchange 2003 servers are independent. "Clement" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Dear friends help. >How to import my sister company's Exchange 2003 Email >addresses and have this imported into my Exchange 2003's >Global Recipients for our Global Address list. >We are both using E...

Import PickList values
It does not appear that you can import a .txt/.csv file into a picklist in v3.0. This functionality would be very helpful and time saving if you have large pick-lists and especially if it needs to be mapped with another entity because its important that the index numbers match exactly. Im wondering if this can be safely accomplished by "importing" directly into the table in SQL... It may work although it's definitely not supported. You could also take a look at Scribe's import software which I believe will import into picklists. Hi Going directly through SQL is al...

Import from Access
I have used queries to import data into an excel sheet for a while but have a new problem. When I browse I can see the table but the fields don't show up. I can't select them to import? It works on other databases, but not the one I need to work with. Is there a reason why this could be happening? What set up could cause this? Thanks! Dave ...

Import Budgets from an Excel file
I got an Excel file from the financial department and they asked me to upload it into GP (8.0). In GP, I used Cards -> Financial -> Budgets -> Excel -> Import and got an error message, "The number of periods for the budget does not match the number of columns in Excel. Impot will not be able to complete." The columns in the Excel file are "Account", "2nd Segment", "Description", "Beginning Balance", "Period1", "Period2", "Period3", "Period4", "Period5", "Period6", &qu...

Excel to publisher import
How can I import an excel spreadsheet to publisher doc.? If you want to insert the actual spreadsheet, you can go to Insert > Object > Create from file and browse to the Excel file. If you want to merge the contents of the cells, you can use the Mail Merge feature in Publisher. -- Brian Kvalheim Microsoft Publisher MVP http://www.publishermvps.com This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. "Bill" <Bill@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:80F32E78-1710-40E9-8922-CE4EBD69F5C2@microsoft.com... > How can I imp...