purchase limits

Is there any way anybody can think of that i could limit the purhase of an
item to 1 per customer ever? I know of the purchase limits feature - but not
sure how capable it is!

I want to use this for a coupon i will be emailing - so that the customer
can only use it once, and not print multiple copies!

Any suggestions greatly appreciated!

0
philip168 (189)
8/21/2007 12:43:49 PM
pos 14173 articles. 0 followers. Follow

Philip,
Looks like you can use limit purchases to limit the purchase to 1 item per
customer, but this will only work for 1 year.  If this is acceptable to you
I'd say go for it.  If your coupon expired before 1 year is up you could
simply make this an inactive item then you need not worry about it.

If you are looking for something else we could certainly develop a custom
solution for you so keep it in mind, but I think given your situation limit
purchases should be just fine.

--
Thank you,

Ryan Sakry
Program Manager
Retail Information Technology Enterprises (RITE)
rsakry@rite.us
http://www.rite.us
320-230-2282 ext. 4002 (Office)
320-230-1796 (Fax)
"Philip Gass - Creative Gardens -" <philip@creativegardens.net> wrote in
message news:OBqSwD$4HHA.4964@TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl...
> Is there any way anybody can think of that i could limit the purhase of an
> item to 1 per customer ever? I know of the purchase limits feature - but
> not sure how capable it is!
>
> I want to use this for a coupon i will be emailing - so that the customer
> can only use it once, and not print multiple copies!
>
> Any suggestions greatly appreciated!

0
rsakry (322)
8/21/2007 2:18:08 PM
I thought it would do the trick ok - but i operate in an HQ environment, and
i cant find any way of assigning the purchase limits to an item from within
HQ.

Am i missing something?

"Ryan @ RITE" <rsakry@rite.us> wrote in message
> Philip,
> Looks like you can use limit purchases to limit the purchase to 1 item per
> customer, but this will only work for 1 year.  If this is acceptable to
> you I'd say go for it.  If your coupon expired before 1 year is up you
> could simply make this an inactive item then you need not worry about it.
>
> If you are looking for something else we could certainly develop a custom
> solution for you so keep it in mind, but I think given your situation
> limit purchases should be just fine.
>
> --
> Thank you,
>
> Ryan Sakry
> Program Manager
> Retail Information Technology Enterprises (RITE)
> rsakry@rite.us
> http://www.rite.us
> 320-230-2282 ext. 4002 (Office)
> 320-230-1796 (Fax)
> "Philip Gass - Creative Gardens -" <philip@creativegardens.net> wrote in
> message news:OBqSwD$4HHA.4964@TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl...
>> Is there any way anybody can think of that i could limit the purhase of
>> an item to 1 per customer ever? I know of the purchase limits feature -
>> but not sure how capable it is!
>>
>> I want to use this for a coupon i will be emailing - so that the customer
>> can only use it once, and not print multiple copies!
>>
>> Any suggestions greatly appreciated!

0
philip168 (189)
8/21/2007 3:47:36 PM
Philip,
Unfortunately, I know of no way to manage this at HQ.  If you wanted this to
work you'd have to do it at each store, unless one of my wise colleagues can
come up with another way.

--

message news:eFjNaqA5HHA.1484@TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl...
>I thought it would do the trick ok - but i operate in an HQ environment,
>and i cant find any way of assigning the purchase limits to an item from
>within HQ.
>
> Am i missing something?
>

> "Ryan @ RITE" <rsakry@rite.us> wrote in message
>> Philip,
>> Looks like you can use limit purchases to limit the purchase to 1 item
>> per customer, but this will only work for 1 year.  If this is acceptable
>> to you I'd say go for it.  If your coupon expired before 1 year is up you
>> could simply make this an inactive item then you need not worry about it.
>>
>> If you are looking for something else we could certainly develop a custom
>> solution for you so keep it in mind, but I think given your situation
>> limit purchases should be just fine.
>>
>> --
>> Thank you,
>>
>> Ryan Sakry
>> Program Manager
>> Retail Information Technology Enterprises (RITE)
>> rsakry@rite.us
>> http://www.rite.us
>> 320-230-2282 ext. 4002 (Office)
>> 320-230-1796 (Fax)
>> "Philip Gass - Creative Gardens -" <philip@creativegardens.net> wrote in
>> message news:OBqSwD$4HHA.4964@TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl...
>>> Is there any way anybody can think of that i could limit the purhase of
>>> an item to 1 per customer ever? I know of the purchase limits feature -
>>> but not sure how capable it is!
>>>
>>> I want to use this for a coupon i will be emailing - so that the
>>> customer can only use it once, and not print multiple copies!
>>>
>>> Any suggestions greatly appreciated!

0
rsakry (322)

New items with purchase order integration
I'm running a daily integration to bring purchase orders into GP using Integration Manager. The source is a text file. It works very well. The problem I have is with new items. When there is an item in the source file that does not exist in Great Plains, I would like the integration to fail or skip the line item. Currently, it brings the item into the Purchase Order as a non inventory item. The document will show the item number and the cost but no item description. Where can I change the behavior for this? Unfortunately, with the users that put non-inventory items on POs Wh...

Purchase Order Failure
I am getting the following error when trying to transfer a final-approved purchase request into a PO in Microsoft Business Portal Requisition Management System: Purchase Order Failure Error in the application. Message More data was found in the result set than was expected. ************************************** I am using Business Portal 3.0 with Great Plains 9.0. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Hi Steve, I would try this: The SY00600 table in the company database contains company ID values that reference a different company. All company ID values in this table must be t...

Excel Limitations & Possible Add-Ins
Is there any way to get more rows in Excel? I use a combo of SQL & Access databases to refine my output but in many cases my data dumps exceed 65,536 rows on the narrowest filter of data. Hi There is no way to increase the number of rows in Excel. I believe QuattroPro offers more rows, but if you use Access, I'd stick to that for the big jobs - it's designed to handle larger amounts of data than Excel. -- Andy. "Sean" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:194c01c426dc$fc7d0990$a301280a@phx.gbl... > Is there any way to get more rows...

More Item Line Space in Purchase Order Entry
We need more space in the Item Description Line for Purchase Order Entry, we dont need to customize the item note and include it in the PO document during te printing. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http://www.microsoft.com/Businesssolutions/Community...

Cell Character Display Limit
I have numerous cells with over 3500 characters in them. In one case, only about 2000 characters are displayed. Is there some way to get all the characters to display. Must I format the cells a specific way? Thanks, Barb Reinhardt Place ALT+Enter periodically in the text, say every hundred characters or so. Barb Reinhardt wrote: > I have numerous cells with over 3500 characters in them. In one case, only > about 2000 characters are displayed. Is there some way to get all the > characters to display. Must I format the cells a specific way? > > Thanks, > Bar...

Need more columns! How to exceed default limit for number of columns per worksheet
My worksheet has reached the limit to the number of columns it wil allow me to utilize (IV is the last lettered one): how can I overrid that limit and add about 600 more columns?? Thanks. Sally Embe -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Hi Sally no chance with Excel -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany > My worksheet has reached the limit to the number of columns it will > allow me to utilize (IV is the last lettered one): how can I override > that limit and add about 600 more columns?? > > Thanks. > > Sally Ember > > > --- > Message pos...

How to zero or delete transactions of purchases, sales and invento
We've testing different configurations with a company data and have reach the configuration we want (that is master files and thiers classes, etc.). The problem is that the same company data has been entering purchases, checks, sales and inventory transactions. We would like to zero or clean only the transactions (purchase, sales, inventory) so we can us the company setup & master files to start operation; otherwise, we would have to start a new company and start entering all setup from start. Get Help. Yes, this can be done. I have done exactly this. But you n...

How to limit users views
I have recently set up a database which has a number of users. To prevent any inadvertantly deleting tables etc, I want to limit the users to using / viewing only the forms which navigates then to the relevant section of the database. Simply put I want to stop the tables view when opening the database (I done it in the past and can't remember how...old age is not as much fun as I was told!!!!) Thanks in anticipation. Richard, You should disable the database window in the startup window. Furthermore if possible create an .mde file from the db. Include the bypass feature to make su...

MSRP on Purchase Order
I need to get the MSRP on the PO (line details), how do I reference this field in the XML template? I've tried the obvious PurchaseOrder.Entry.MSRP but no luck even though PurchaseOrder.Entry.SubDescription1 etc works fine. Any help would be appreciated! PurchaseOrder.Entry.ItemPrice "Al" <Al@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:5700EFC8-0041-4415-8E1C-D3C1664DF2C7@microsoft.com... > I need to get the MSRP on the PO (line details), how do I reference this field in the XML template? I've tried the obvious PurchaseOrder.Entry.MSRP but no luck even thou...

Is there a limit on how much information a cell can hold?
I am typing a very large description of a parcel of land in an Excel spreadsheet. At a certain point, the text no longer appears in whole. I only am able to see part of it. If I select the cell, then I see everything. When I print, I only print part of it. I have tried left indent, expanding the width, exapanding the height. Anyone Anyone?? Excel only displays about 1024 characters in the cell. This can be adjusted slightly by using Alt+Enters (line feeds), but you are limited. "jcotleur@reminger.com" wrote: > I am typing a very large description of a parcel of land...

Purchased Microsoft Project Professional 2010, got Standard versio
I purchased Microsoft Project Professional 2010 thru my companies Microsoft HUP program. When I try to install what I downloaded I only get the title for the Standard version. The product key does not work either. I am told that it is incorrect. I got these thru Digital Rivers which is not known to be a good way to get software. Best to contact Digital River about this. BTW. Digital River is a well know and respected company -- Peter Please Reply to Newsgroup for the benefit of others Requests for assistance by email can not and will not be acknowledged. http://...

Investment Price SIgnificant Digits Limited?
Money refuses to let me enter an investment price of 100.82175, truncating it to 100.8218 for total value calculations and transaction listing, and only 100.822 in the portfolio listing. Is there a work around or is it that limited? The calculational limit is the most serious as it skews total value. In microsoft.public.money, W. Groth wrote: >Money refuses to let me enter an investment price of >100.82175, truncating it to 100.8218 for total value >calculations and transaction listing, and only 100.822 in >the portfolio listing. Is there a work around or is it >th...

Cannot preview unapproved purchase orders via printing on screen
Our customers would like to be able to click a preview button to see what the purchase order looks like before it is approved then printed. This is not currently possible with PO approvals as you cannot print a PO to screen without first approving it. -- Thanks, Peter ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and the...

Purchase Line Items in SmartList
I using GP 7.0 I generate a SmartList Report in the Purchase Line Items where I need to see all POs with the Document Status = OPEN. There are some POs that status should be history because they were fully received against. How do I change the document status to history? Also, I notice some items on the PO were not completely received and the remaining items are canceled. Example I purchase 250 I received 240 so I canceled 10 remaining items. How can I move this PO into history so it will not show up as open? Thanks in advance for your help, Kevin You need to go to to Routines>...

Can a Purchase Order be created and approved in Business Portal?
Hi everyone, I have been researching Microsoft Dynamics GP literature, hot topics, pdf files to find out if a PO can be created and approved in Business Portal. Most of the information stops short of stating this can be done, or giving examples of how it is done. Any info on this subject would be appreciated. Jim T. There is not functionality in Business Portal to create and approve a PO. You can however launch a Terminal Services session that can open the PO Entry window in Great Plains. This will use a GP license. "timmonsjd@gmail.com" wrote: > Hi everyone, > &g...

Information Store has reached 16gb limit
I have a Win2k SBS server that has reached its limit. Just to buy some time until I upgrade I removed some mailboxes and archived a lot of mail but yet the store still reports that the file is 17GB. How do I clean up the store to get under that 16GB limit? Hello, > How do I clean up the store to get under that 16GB limit? Deleting objects does not minimate the information store (IS). but you can offline defrag the IS for that, you need additional ~ 17 GB HDD space for that. the file will be NEW created during offline defrag so no need to save the EDB file. take a look at ESEUTIL /?...

limiting number of characters in a cell
I am trying to create a mailing list sorted by zip codes. The file I am working with has zip codes in the "plus 4" format and I need to limit the zip codes in a column to just the basic 5 zip code numbers. For example, I need to limit zip code 123456789 to just number 12345. Any help would be appreciated. Hi Jack, Try: Data | Validation | Settings tab | Allow: Text length | Equal to: 5 Error Alert tab | Add a suitable error message --- Regards, Norman "jack du lin" <jack@lionpool.com> wrote in message news:ad2b829bcc632b5d672b44bf44cbfc55$1@www.dotxls.co...

limited columns?
I am working with a large data set. (It is currently a form in Microsoft Word) I need to import data into Excel (2003) but am getting an error message which does not allow me to import all of the data since I have exceeded the range of columns available in my spreadsheet. I thought that i could get around this by importing the data vertically (into columns) as opposed to horizontally (into rows) (ie : currently each row is a client, and each column represents a question - I was hoping that I could import the data whereas one client would be represented by a column) Could anyone tell...

Limiting number of duplicate records
I'm trying to use If and DCount in my form to give me a message when a user tries to create more than the allowed number of duplicate records. The number of duplicates allowed is established in the table tblFloorProgCriteria. These are the three fields where I’m looking for duplicates: AuditID (Number Field) FloorProgCriteriaID (Number Field) AuditorID (Text Field) Here’s what I have so far... Private Sub Form_BeforeUpdate(Cancel As Integer) If DCount("*", "tblFloorProgAudit", "[AuditID] = " & Me.[Audi...

Please remove limitation of 8 tabs on forms
It should be possible to have as many tabs as you want on a form. 8 tabs is not much and I cannot see a reason for this limitation. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http://www.microsoft.com/Businesssolutions/Community/NewsGroups/dgbrowser/en-us/default.m...

Purchase Order check payment
Hi All, I cant seem to figure out how to print a check voucher for paying a purchase order. I could only apply purchase order payments via manual payment which cannot print a check invoice and voucher. Daniel Daniel: Technically, you don't pay a purchase order. You pay an invoice that has been received against a PO. The way this is typically done is to post either a separate Shipment receipt, then match an Invoice receipt agains the Shipment using the Enter/Match Invoice transaction, or you can enter a combination Shipment/Invoice receipt that posts the Shipment and the Invoice simul...

Reopen Closed Purchase Order
Hello. Ability to reopen a purchase order that has already been closed. For example, received into the wrong PO. The PO is then closed even, If a return is done, the po is not reopened. Then a new PO needs to be recreated. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message p...

Can Purchase Receipts table be "fixed"
We just took on a new client running 9.0 w/SP3 and performed an inventory reconcile on their test company (just copied from live) with disastrous results. Example: Qty on hand for an item showed 459 vs 511 actually in stock, after reconcile qty on hand shows (12,897). Is it possible to "start over" with current inventory in the purchase receipts table and move on from there? MES, Where to start... this a bit more complicated than it sounds. When you run the inventory reconcile process, there are numerous files that the system looks at to come up with the value it provided yo...

WRONG PAYEE NAME DOWNLOADED FOR CHECK CARD PURCHASES
I pretty much let my bank download transactions - the only thing that gets entered by *me* are the e-payments (because it does it automatically). Anyway, somehow every check card purchase I make at *Albertsons* shows up (downloaded from the bank) as *Public Utilities Department*. The amount is correct, but totally wrong payee name. How do I change this? Thanks Susie F In microsoft.public.money, MTSUSIE wrote: >I pretty much let my bank download transactions - the >only thing that gets entered by *me* are the e-payments >(because it does it automatically). Anyway, somehow...

Defining Min Max levels as well as a $ amount for Purchase orders
My potential client wants to create a purchase order off of min/max levels, but also wants to make sure the purchase order is not processed until they meet the suppliers minimum order $ level to ensure the shipping fees are waived. Does Microsoft RMS give the capability to establish purchase orders based on a $ amount of product being ordered? Andrea i need to do the same. right now we have to manually do it. under notes i have typed what their minimum order is and we create a po. if it has reached that dollar amoutn we use that po and if its off by a lot we delete it. also if its unde...