Prompting for customer information

Does anyone know of a way to force the POS to prompt for an E-mail address
at each transaction?  I would like to start sending coupons and such using
E-mail.

Thanks in advance,

Scott

0
scott8552 (28)
10/2/2007 8:58:36 PM
pos 14173 articles. 0 followers. Follow

Scott,
There is no such feature out of the box with RMS, however we have two
applications that are very similar in nature that could be easily modified
to suit your needs.  If you are interested please drop me a line at
1-888-267-RITE or drop me a line at rsakry@rite.us.

--
Thank you,

Ryan Sakry
Program Manager
Retail Information Technology Enterprises (RITE)
rsakry@rite.us
http://www.rite.us
320-230-2282 ext. 4002 (Office)
320-230-1796 (Fax)
"Scott Santorio" <scott@tt-newyork.com> wrote in message
> Does anyone know of a way to force the POS to prompt for an E-mail address
> at each transaction?  I would like to start sending coupons and such using
> E-mail.
>
> Thanks in advance,
>
> Scott

0
rsakry (322)

downloading information into Money
I have been trying to download info from my bank into money and it's not updating the new info received.I have done it before and it worked...what can be the problem?? Thanks!! In microsoft.public.money, Lala wrote: >I have been trying to download info from my bank into >money and it's not updating the new info received.I have >done it before and it worked...what can be the problem?? No telling. A really neat way to find prior postings in this group is to use the Google Usenet Groups archive. http://groups.google.com/advanced_group_search enter words that you think wo...

Password prompt keeps popping up.
My network connection password request keeps comming up every minute. The 'test settings' feature says that incomming mail is not happening because of an incorrect password. New incomming mail is being turned away. What is hapening???? Stuts wrote: > My network connection password request keeps comming up every minute. The > 'test settings' feature says that incomming mail is not happening because of > an incorrect password. New incomming mail is being turned away. What is > hapening???? A "network password" is completely different than...

Custom CRM Field Types
Hello, I've been adding custom fields to the Account entity, however one field I'd like to add is a 'Lookup' type and the other is a multi-select picklist. How can I add the 'Lookup' type using the Deployment Manager? How can I specify that the picklist should allow multiple selections? If the Deployment Manager does not support these types of customization, what is the most practical way to make these customizations? They are customer requirements. Thanks for any help, Rebecca Rebecca, Neither of these fields types are supported within the application. The m...

Custom Lists #6
I have a workbook that I have developed a set of custom list criteria. However, this list was created on the home computer (faster). I run the program mainly on the laptop. My question is: when the program gets moved over to the laptop is there an easy way (macro etc) to transfer the custom list over to the laptop at the same time? Thanks in advance -- Buddy Custom lists are stored in the Windows registry. There's information in the following MSKB article: XL2000: How To Share a Custom AutoFill List http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=213796 BuddyB wrote: > I have a wo...

Command Prompt
What is the administrator command prompt for 'defrag.exe' in 'cmd'? I am being asked when trying to open defrag.exe in cmd. It seems windows defrag was hijacked by DiskeeperLite, a downloaded program I thought was free, but turned out to be a mistake. When I want to run defrag now, I am asked to reinstall it via add or remove programs, which is not available in my Vista Home Premium, SP2, 32 bit. Is there a way to recover it? If not, that's not all bad, because I have 'Defraggler', which works quite nicely. Thanks for any suggestions. Harry. ...

QAT does not allow enough room for customization
I posted the paragraphs below on a message board (http://www.exceluser.com/explore/surveys/ribbon/ribbon-survey-results.htm) some time ago. My company's #1 client has migrated to 2007, and are were forced to do so in order to maintain our relationship. The option to 'stick with 2003' is not available to us , and 2007 is crippling our productivity. There is no end in sight, as the custom programming we built in is now gone forever, and we will lose work due to loss of competitive advantage. I'm not critical of change, and I'm not trying to hold on to a dino...

Multiple Formula Custom Formatting
I was recently challenged to create a formula that displays two values separated by a slash in the same cell. For example A1=40 and B2= 10. C3 displays [30 / .75]. The difference between the two, and what should be the percentage. The formula I put together is =(A1-B2)&" / "&((A1-B2)/A1). The formula works but I can not get the second value to format as a %, it only displays as a decimal. Does anyone know how I can make the second value display as a percentage without messing up the formatting of the first value? Any advice would be much appreciated. ...

Custom fields in item forms?
It appears as though POS2009 allows Custom fields (date, text, number) in the Customer form but not in the Item form. Our business requires tracking of item information (release dates, labels, configurations, formats, etc.) beyond which the standard fields in the Item form allows. Is it possible to add custom fields to the Item form beyond the three text fields that are limited to 30 characters? If not, is it possible to adjust POS2009 using the SDK to add the ability to add custom fields (for dates, text greater than 30 characters, drop-down lists, numbers) to the Item form? Would it t...

Importing from Outlook to CRM using a custom Contact form in Outlook
The subject says it all. I'm trying to import contacts from Outlook into CRM using Scribe. We have a custom contact form for Outlook contacts, and Scribe isn't picking up the custom fields. Any ideas? I would post a question on the Scribe support forum <joshm@susqtech.com> wrote in message news:1120136692.551538.88360@g43g2000cwa.googlegroups.com... > The subject says it all. I'm trying to import contacts from Outlook > into CRM using Scribe. We have a custom contact form for Outlook > contacts, and Scribe isn't picking up the custom fields. Any ideas? > ...

Merging Customer Records
I have two customer records that I need to merge into one. How do you do this? I am using version 8.0. I looked in help, however I can't find anything on the subject. Also does it merge the history info as well? Thank you! Jeremy Jeremy, There is a utility you can buy from Microsoft through your Great Plains partner called Customer Combiner - it does exactly what you're asking. Without it, the only way would be to manually transfer either the balance or the individual open transactions from one customer to the other. There really isn't too much you can do for hist...

Pasting text and unwanted custom format
Morning all, I have three columns of data from a ms access database and I am trying to paste them into an excel spreadsheet to do a VLOOKUP function. There are about 30000 records and I need to provide the storage locations of certain gauges of about a 1000. the table below is an example of the data Col A Column B Column C Gage ID Status Storage Location G123456/1 1 B1 - 3 G56789/2 4 A9-9 Cols A and B paste in no problem however col C does not; I have formatted t...

Cannot customize Outlook Today #5
I recently had to upgrade my system from 98 to XP using a full install rather than an upgrade. I had to reload all my software, of course, and now my Outlook 2000 will not allow me to customize Outlook Today. Any suggestions? The following MSKB article provides the fix for this issue. OL2000: You Cannot Customize Outlook Today After You Install Critical Update 813489 for Internet Explorer: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;820575 -- Jocelyn Fiorello MVP - Outlook *** Messages sent to my e-mail address will NOT be answered -- please reply only to the newsgroup t...

resize prompt #2
Outlook 2003 How can I disable the pop-up prompt I get every time I want to send a photo in e-mail "Windows can resize the pictures you send in e-mail..." and the default is always set to "make pictures smaller" Is there at least a way to make the default "original size"? Thanks Dale ...

Importing customer addresses
I am trying to import about 1000 customers and customer addresses from an external system into RMS. I have the external system's customer data, including their address, in a SQL table I created in the Store Operations database, and will later drop. I've imported the customers and populated the address fields in the Customer record. Initially, the PrimaryShipToID field is set to 0. Next, I am creating ShipTo records from that Customer's record (each customer has one and only one ShipTo address). Immediately after, I am updating the Customer table, setting the PrimaryShipToI...

Outlook Shortcut Bar Prompt
Greetings, To re-enable this prompt (As what SP was asking), you navigate to HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Office\10.0\Outlook\Options\NewFolder and turn NoShortcutPrompt from value of 1 to value of 0. Close Outlook, reopen, create a new folder and you will be prompted to add to Shortcut Bar. That was a couple of days worth of effort! Peace Patrick <yopaddy@gmail.com> wrote: > To re-enable this prompt (As what SP was asking), you navigate to > HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Office\10.0\Outlook\Options\NewFolder > and turn NoShortcutPrompt from value of 1 to val...

Customize default view of a contacts cases
Right now when I bring up a contacts cases it defaults to only show Active cases. I need it to default to show All cases. Can this be done? Also I would like the cases to be ordered by Date Created rather than Title. On the same topic I would also like it to default to include "This Record Only" and not all records. There is no way to modify the Filter On: field and chnage it to ALL. You have to hit the drop-down. You cant move that first field in the View. What you can do is add the 'Date Created' column to the view and move it next to Title. "Brian&qu...

ADmodify & custom attribute
Can anybody tell me which custom attribute and value should I use in order to change "Exchange General - Message restriction - Accept messages - Only from athenticated users" ? Im using ADmodify. Many thanks! msExchRequireAuthToSendTo = TRUE -- Bharat Suneja MVP - Exchange www.zenprise.com NEW blog location: www.exchangepedia.com/blog ---------------------------------------------- "Hrc" <hmrx@xnet.hr> wrote in message news:gveje21koc6srngdlbhc8ci10jg4d567ee@4ax.com... > Can anybody tell me which custom attribute and value should I use in > order to change...

Customer Zoom
Somehow I messed up my customer zoom feature and cannot zoom to my advancerd lookups anymore. My zoom display is completely different than the Vendor zoom display. How can I get the default zoom feature back? ...

Prompting to allow External Query Data Refresh
I have several workbooks with queries to external data and a while back I ticked the 'Enable automatic query refresh for all work book and do not show this warning again' box on the window which used to pop up to comfirm Query Refresh. I now wish to disable this again so that it always prompts first. Does anyone know how I do this ? How about "Edit Query" or "Data Range Properties" under Data, Import External Data? Btw, always mention your Excel version. -- Jim Rech Excel MVP "Tim Baker" <TimBaker@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in messag...

Custom filter
I am using the autofilter, and wish to Customise a data set in one of my columns. A column has a listing of numbers 1-32. I wish to undertake a filtered selection of of only cells wish contain the numbers 1,2,3 & 7. How do I do this using the autofilter option? I have tried the 1-3,7 option but it didn't work w/ the 'contains' mode. Can anyone advise? Thanks, Unfrotunately Autofilter only allows for a limited number of criteria. I appears that you now need to use advanced filter. That allows for a lenghtier criteria lsit like 1, 2 ,3 , 7. --- Message posted from http://ww...

Query Date Prompt
I have a parameter query that prompts user for date. I'm not sure how to explain this, but I've created a field in the query that pulls only the date information from the date/time field in the table and not the time. I did this by using DateValue([Call_Date]). When the query prompts for date, I must enter 8/9/2007 for it to return results. How can I set it to return results no matter what format user types? 8907 080907 08092007 etc. I am new to Access 2003 and this is my first project, so I'll need detailed responses. Thanks for any help you can provide. Also, am I defini...

Developing custom chart add-in
I want to develop custom chart add-ins for Excel. Where can I find some developer documentation ? Thanks, Ram Developer documentation, eh? How about local bookstore, library, msdn.microsoft.com? And, of course, don't forget to search google.com. -- Regards, Tushar Mehta www.tushar-mehta.com Excel, PowerPoint, and VBA add-ins, tutorials Custom MS Office productivity solutions In article <OILyo#DgFHA.3936@TK2MSFTNGP14.phx.gbl>, rawdata@nospam.com says... > I want to develop custom chart add-ins for Excel. Where can I find some > developer documentation ? > > ...

Problem with Published Customizations
We have CRM 1.0 and, for the most part it works great. We have some jscript added to 2 of the onchange events which usually works fine. And all of our user logons usually work fine. However, when we make any customizations, even as simple as moving a field up a row on a form, then publish the change, AND reset IIS, we run into problems: ALL Logons that are not System Admins cannot "browse" thru CRM AND the jscript program quits working. After numerous restarts and IIS resets, EVERYTHING works fine again. Can anyone explain? We shouldn't have this problem, should we?...

Password Prompt
I have a file that is set to prompt for a password at startup for write access. I would like to give someone a copy of the file that is not set to prompt for password. How do I remove the protection. I don't want to give out the password. File>Save As>Tools>General Options. Delete the password from here and save the workbook with a new name. Send that to the "someone". Gord Dibben Excel MVP On Tue, 8 Mar 2005 08:53:01 -0800, "LuhElle" <LuhElle@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I have a file that is set to prompt for a password at startu...

User Name prompts
Hi, I am using Microsoft Outlook 2002 and have a two word username separated by a space. I have been having this problem with Outlook wherein I have entered my username and password in the account setup process, but it still prompts me for it whenever it is checking for new messages. Also, when it prompts, it shows the username without the space. Does Outlook not accept usernames with space, because I tried changing the original settings many times, but every time I open the Edit window of email accounts, I see my user name without space. ...