Prompting for customer information

Does anyone know of a way to force the POS to prompt for an E-mail address
at each transaction?  I would like to start sending coupons and such using
E-mail.

Thanks in advance,

Scott

0
scott8552 (28)
10/2/2007 8:58:36 PM
pos 14173 articles. 0 followers. Follow

Scott,
There is no such feature out of the box with RMS, however we have two
applications that are very similar in nature that could be easily modified
to suit your needs.  If you are interested please drop me a line at
1-888-267-RITE or drop me a line at rsakry@rite.us.

--
Thank you,

Ryan Sakry
Program Manager
Retail Information Technology Enterprises (RITE)
rsakry@rite.us
http://www.rite.us
320-230-2282 ext. 4002 (Office)
320-230-1796 (Fax)
"Scott Santorio" <scott@tt-newyork.com> wrote in message
> Does anyone know of a way to force the POS to prompt for an E-mail address
> at each transaction?  I would like to start sending coupons and such using
> E-mail.
>
> Thanks in advance,
>
> Scott

0
rsakry (322)

How to change Machine name without Prompt for credentials
Hi I'm hoping there's a way to do this, but I'm not sure. I have an OU configured which contains some Computer accounts and a couple of user accounts. To one of the accounts I've delegated permissions to add and delete "computer" objects in that OU. When I'm logged into one of the computers in the OU and I try to rename the Computer, I'm prompted for credentials, even though I'm already logged on using the delegated account. I enter the username/password and all is good but I'd like not to be required to enter the user/pass. Is the...

Exception when using Notify User alerts in custom view
Hello all! One of our users have found an error when he tried to setup notify user alerts from a custom list whenever there are changes on the list items included in a custom list view. Exception occured. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80020009 (DIS_E_EXCEPTION)) Looking at the logs, we found the corresponding entry: Watson collection started: Windows SharePoint Services 3, ULSException12, w3wp.exe, 6.0.3790.3959, 45d6968e, onetutil.dll, 12.0.6327.5000, 48a405c4, NA, b51c6, c0000005, 837l Any clue to what have triggered this problem? Thanks! ...

SQL Select Query Prompting for NonExistent Parameter
I'm using Access 97. I've entered the following SQL Query into the Query Tab. =================== SELECT * FROM tblVehicles WHERE fldVehicleTag = ABC123; ==================== When I double click the Query to execute: Instead of returning the recordset Access prompts me for a Parameter. When I enter the tag # --> ABC123 it returns the correct record. Why am I being prompted for a Parameter and how do I stop it? Thanks David On Wed, 17 Mar 2010 22:25:13 -0400, "David" <NoWhere@earthlink.net> wrote: >I'm using Access 97. &g...

Prompting for customer information
Does anyone know of a way to force the POS to prompt for an E-mail address at each transaction? I would like to start sending coupons and such using E-mail. Thanks in advance, Scott Scott, There is no such feature out of the box with RMS, however we have two applications that are very similar in nature that could be easily modified to suit your needs. If you are interested please drop me a line at 1-888-267-RITE or drop me a line at rsakry@rite.us. -- Thank you, Ryan Sakry Program Manager Retail Information Technology Enterprises (RITE) rsakry@rite.us http://www.rite.us 320-230...

adding a new customer
Ok, I have been away from Access for a couple years now and was only a moderate user to begin with. I am trying to build a database in 2007 that has several details or fields about a product. I have a drop down list of customers to choose from in the customer field, but if an operator comes across a customer that is not in the list, what is the easiest way for them to add it to list? I don't want them to have to retype if possible, but that's not critical. I am not real good at code, so is there an easy way to do this with queries or macros? Thanks for the help. -- Mes...

Portfolio Manager / Customizing
When I customize Portfolio Manager, Money finish leaving the screen with no columns. I tried to comeback to the defaut view, but no changes happens when I finish the customize and back to portfolio manager. Sometimes the "sorry, but a internal..." appears. I can't go to the Portfolio Manager again, except if I back up an older file. Thanks, Marco The Money version is 2006, naturally... "MarcoJes" escreveu: > When I customize Portfolio Manager, Money finish leaving the screen with no > columns. > I tried to comeback to the defaut view, but no changes happ...

Custom Markers
Hi all, I need to a create new custom marker for plots in Excel 2002... is there anyway to do it? This is my problem (if there's another solution I would be glad to hear it): I have 3 sets of data in a scatter plot on Excel. They need to have very specific markers (or whatever is called the little figure that represents a data point), two of them are easy (a full circle and an empty circle), but the third one *must* be a half-full circle (and AFAIK there's no way I can put that there). I could use another figure (like a square)... but I must get the full-half-empty trilogy in order t...

Retrieve Culture information
Hi, Is there a way to retrieve in MFC the Culture string ("en-US", "de-DE", etc..) as in c# ? Yoav. I use code like this: // The code to load different languages goes here. LCID lcid = ::GetThreadLocale(); lcid = LANGIDFROMLCID(lcid); lcid = MAKELANGID(lcid&0xff, SUBLANG_DEFAULT); switch(lcid) { case 0x0409: // It is English US break; case 0x0407: // It is German break; case 0x040a: // It is Spanish break; case 0x040c: // It is French break; case 0x0410: // It is Italian break; case 0x0411: // It is Japanese break; } Of course you can do whatever you want with ...

Custom CRM reports
I am struggling to find good documentation on how to create custom CRM reports. Can someone point me in the right direction? TIA, -Cliff The best resource is going to be a book on Crystal reports. There are a lot of them out there. If you have Crystal installed on a client machine, and have successfully installed the Crystal Enhancements for CRM (on one of the CDs that came with CRM) and connected to the CRM APS database, then I would start by opening a canned report and deconstructing it. Tweak it to make some minor changes and gradually add formulas and parameters and the like. Her...

status for custom entity
I need to create a custom entity with status “Open”, “Completed”, “Cancelled” instead of the default “Active” and “Inactive”. I am not sure whether there is a way to set those statuses directly. I couldn’t find any. So I change them by modifying the exported XML file. It works but I still only have the “Activate” and “Deactivate” under Actions menu, which change between the active and inactive states. Is it possible to customize the menu so that my entity can switch between “Open”, “Completed” and “Cancelled”? Or maybe there is another way to solve this problem. Can anyone help me with...

Custom Formats #3
I have created a custom format for a cell that will be used in a general company form. The custom format is for a credit card number and was written as follows: #### #### #### ####. When ever I type in a number 9999 9999 9999 9999 the final digit is convert to a zero. I do not understand why it is doing this. It is not being rounded. Can anyone help correct this very irritating formatting issue? Thanks -- bb Excel has only 15 digits precision and you can't use a custom text format that way, You need to either preformat as text or precede the entry with an apostrophe ...

Security prompt also
I have Verizon ISP Have Windows Vista w/ sevice pack 2. Windows mail is asking for ID and password, so I tried, SORRY. Now won't work properly, can't receive or send mail. I am trying to get my info on Acct. cuz forgot it (password). Please bare with me as I am trying to fix this. I would like to cancel Windows Mail and use Windows Live instead. I did try to add the Hotmail address to WM but it wouldn't let me. This problem did happen all of a sudden. I've been using WM since '08 and never any issues til now (prompt). Thank you for your time and any suggestions. ...

Active Directory information for crm users
Why is a lot of user information duplicated for CRM users that is already available in the Active Directory user accounts? Examples include address information and phone numbers. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http://www.microsoft.com/Businesssolution...

Prompted for Identity
I recently updated to Outlook 2003, and then more recently to Windows XP SP2. Since SP2, in Outlook and Express (which I only use for Newsgroups), I get prompted for the Identitly to use (only Main identity is listed), which never happened before. Anyone else had this, and is there an easy way to stop it when there's only one Ident anyway? Cheers Neil I suspect unrelated - I've installed SP2 on multiple PCs without seeing this issue arise. Justin ...

"Some of the files in this Web page aren't in the expected location." Prompt
"Some of the files in this Web page aren't in the expected location. Do you want to download them anyway. If you'r sure the Web page is from a trusted source, click yes." Good Afternoon, I am receiving this message only on machines with Microsoft Excel 2003 installed. The application (Cognos Reportnet) renders their data in a web page using Excel but I receive a dialog box with the above message every time I click on the application link. I must click yes to view the data. I have lowered every security setting I could find in an attempt to locate the cause of this message....

Customization exam results are where?
Hi, I have just passed the Customization 1.2 exam at a VUE testing centre and want to know how I can view my results with Microsoft online. I have been to my MCP site and logged in using my MCP ID no. but nothing is showing up. I have a feeling I have to log in somewhere different as I have now gained a NAV ID no. and Microsoft exams and Microsoft Business Solutions exams appear to be separate entities. Please does anyone know what happens from here: Do I get a certificate? Yes, I have received a Certificate by Microsoft Business Solutions. But it lasts about 2 months. >-----Or...

Restore Custom Forms in Organizational Forms
Hi, running Exchange 2003 SP2 on Windows Server 2003 SP1 backup up with Veritas Backup Exec 10d. We have some custom forms placed in the Organizational Library. Some have been deleted - how can they be restored from backup? The rest of the Org forms are OK. I do not have an Outlok PST backup of these forms - just what Veritas BE backs up. Thanks in advance! Organizational forms are in the public store, so you'd have to restore the public store before they were deleted to a recovery server, connect to it with Outlook, and get the forms. I believe that you should be able to connect ...

https content ok prompt
Vista SP1 IE 8 How to stop IE from asking if ok to display content not delivered via HTTPS ? Thanks. John A Grandy wrote: > Vista SP1 > IE 8 > How to stop IE from asking if ok to display content not delivered via > HTTPS http://preview.tinyurl.com/yeu9xza Personally I set to Disable so that the non-secure content gets blocked. If I'm on a secure page that includes non-secure content then it is NOT a secure page. ...

Excel exit prompt for auto-save not prompting.
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0018_01C3D910.7450EAB0 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable I have a user whos machine is not prompting to save a workbook when they = close excel, it just closes with no prompts.=20 He opens up excel types in the some text into a cell clicks close (at = this point it SHOULD ask to save the document) and excel just closes = without prompting to save it deleting the file and his changes.=20 I checked options and couldn't find any reason for this. Any and all...

Custom Header = Cell Contents...
Using Excel 97 Is it possible to have a custom header (Page Set up>Header Footer> Custom Header) reference the contents of a cell? I've tried" =Sheet1!A1" etc but this just prints =Sheet1!A1" Any ideas??? Right-click the Excel LOGO near the file menu, select View Code, enter this: Private Sub Workbook_BeforePrint(Cancel As Boolean) Activesheet.Pagesetup.LeftHeader = Sheets("Sheet1").Range("A1").Value End Sub "Wayne" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:f7b801c43dfb$70323240$a501280a@phx.gbl......

Click and Add new order year to all customers?
I have a main form with customer info. A subform below has a yearly record of the progression of the order. I would like to click a button and instantly add a new year record for each customer. I currently have it set up that the user has to look up each customer individually and go down to the subform click the combo and select order year. How can I do this with one click instead? Thanks Dustin Execute an append query statement to add the records. This example adds a record to tblOrderInfo for each customer in your tblCustomer table, using the year of today's date: Dim strSql ...

How to get information from a Pivot TAble without retyping?
Hi, Someone has made a Pivot Table with a bunch of figures in a spreadsheet. I'd like to link to one of the cells in the Pivot Table instead of typing it up manually. Is this possible? Thanks in Advance Janet You can use the GetPivotData function to return data from a pivot table. There's information here: http://www.contextures.com/xlPivot06.html Grd wrote: > Hi, > > Someone has made a Pivot Table with a bunch of figures in a spreadsheet. > I'd like to link to one of the cells in the Pivot Table instead of typing it > up manually. > Is this possible...

Custom attribute
hi I have created a new entity called device which should have one to many relationshop with service activity. What i am now trying to do is create a lookup field in service activity which looks up all the devices in the device table. Can someone pleaseeeee guide me how to go about this. Thanks heaps Ridhima "Ridhima Sood" wrote: > hi > > I have created a new entity called device which should have one to many > relationshop with service activity. What i am now trying to do is create a > lookup field in service activity which looks up all the devices in the...

Command Prompt
What is the administrator command prompt for 'defrag.exe' in 'cmd'? I am being asked when trying to open defrag.exe in cmd. It seems windows defrag was hijacked by DiskeeperLite, a downloaded program I thought was free, but turned out to be a mistake. When I want to run defrag now, I am asked to reinstall it via add or remove programs, which is not available in my Vista Home Premium, SP2, 32 bit. Is there a way to recover it? If not, that's not all bad, because I have 'Defraggler', which works quite nicely. Thanks for any suggestions. Harry. ...

Prompt for variable
I have a main spreadsheet that is linked to other Spreadsheets. I receive these other spreadsheets daily (i.e. MMDDYYYY.xls). I would like to have the main spreadsheet prompt me for file name and then replace all links within the main spreadsheet to point to the filename entered. Thanks in advance for your feedback! --- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ Below is a macro for changing all links in a spreadsheet. Sub Change_Links( Dim CurrLink, NextLink As Strin '*****Option 1 Promt User for Path Name***** NextLink = InputBox("Enter File Name and Directory...