Problem with SessionClass setting to Nothing

Hi,

I have a TenderEnd hook registered for my RMS. I am getting a reference
of SessionClass object through the Process function. But later in my
code, the SessionClass object is automatically getting set to Nothing.
So one of my call is failing and the Err.Description is "Invalid
Procedure call or argument".

Is there any chance that a SessionClass reference can get set to
"Nothing". Is there any Timeout for SessionClass.

Public Function Process(objSession As Object)
On Error GoTo ERR_HANDLER:
	// All my code goes here

	// The following call fails because objSession is getting set to
"Nothing".
	Call DisplayTransactionDetails(objSession)
        Process = True
ERR_HANDLER:
	Call MsgBox(Err.Description)
End Function

Private Function DisplayTransactionDetails(objSession as
QSRules.SessionClass)
	// Displaying the Amount and others
       DisplayTransactionDetails = True
End Function

pos 14173 articles. 0 followers. Follow

Try running this from a custom pos button should get you started:
Public Function Process(objSession As Object) As Boolean
On Error GoTo ERR_HANDLER:
    ' All my code goes here
    ' The following call fails because objSession is getting set to "Nothing".
    MsgBox objSession.Cashier.Name
    Dim blnValue As Boolean
    blnValue = DisplayTransactionDetails(objSession)
    MsgBox blnValue
    If blnValue = True Then
        Process = True
    Else
        Process = False
    End If
    Exit Function
ERR_HANDLER:
    Call MsgBox(Err.Description)
End Function

Private Function DisplayTransactionDetails(displaySession As Object) As
Boolean
    ' Displaying the Amount and others
    MsgBox ("The current cashier is" & displaySession.Cashier.Name & ".")
    DisplayTransactionDetails = True
End Function

Rob

"harshalenator" wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I have a TenderEnd hook registered for my RMS. I am getting a reference
> of SessionClass object through the Process function. But later in my
> code, the SessionClass object is automatically getting set to Nothing.
> So one of my call is failing and the Err.Description is "Invalid
> Procedure call or argument".
>
> Is there any chance that a SessionClass reference can get set to
> "Nothing". Is there any Timeout for SessionClass.
>
> Public Function Process(objSession As Object)
> On Error GoTo ERR_HANDLER:
> 	// All my code goes here
>
> 	// The following call fails because objSession is getting set to
> "Nothing".
> 	Call DisplayTransactionDetails(objSession)
>         Process = True
> ERR_HANDLER:
> 	Call MsgBox(Err.Description)
> End Function
>
> Private Function DisplayTransactionDetails(objSession as
> QSRules.SessionClass)
> 	// Displaying the Amount and others
>        DisplayTransactionDetails = True
> End Function

0
rob242 (534)
2/6/2006 9:33:25 PM
Thank you very much Rob,

But my concern is why the SessionClass object is getting set to
"Nothing"? Did anyone had this problem before?

Problem shortcuts in Word

Outlook 2003 PST problems

Settings for removable media?
At some point I chose an option that was supposed to improve performance for removable media at the expense of (IIRC) having to wait longer before such devices could be removed. Now I want to reverse that choice, but I cannot find it. Yes, I have Googled but so far have not found what I want. Anyone? Perce Percival P. Cassidy wrote: > At some point I chose an option that was supposed to improve performance > for removable media at the expense of (IIRC) having to wait longer > before such devices could be removed. > > Now I want to reverse that choice, bu...

Problem with Authentication

calendar problem

problem #4

95 and 97 problem

sync problems

Date problem

Outlook 2003 won't save password in pop3 account settings
I am trying to set my email account settings to remember my password and it still prompts me everytime I send or receive email for the password. If I type it in, I have no trouble connecting and getting mail though. I am working through a citrix terminal to connect to outlook 2003 running on our company server. Is this a known bug? Is there a patch? Help! Sean Cartwright ...

Installation Problem!!

Office 2007 - HELP

Resource editor problems

Directory Replication Problem #2

Cell Format

outlook web access redirect problem

Problem after sorting

SSRS
Is it possible to change the list of reports a user can access through stored procedures? At the moment I run a stored procedure to get a list of all reports a user has access to but then change permissions manually as I don't have a definitive list of all relevant SQL Server tables. SQL Servant ...

IF AND problem

how to set default commission options and default barcode format?
this could easily be scripted into a trigger, but is there a add-in already available? thanks -- Eddie B ...

Problem SHAppBarMessage
Hi, I am creating an application bar which shall be displayed always at the top of the screen to show the user certain alerts. I am using the commands SHAppBarMessage(ABM_NEW, &abd); SHAppBarMessage(ABM_QUERYPOS, &abd); SHAppBarMessage(ABM_SETPOS, &abd); SetWindowPos(NULL, abd.rc.left, abd.rc.top, abd.rc.right - abd.rc.left, iClientHeight, SWP_NOACTIVATE); Works fine. The problem begins, when I start moving the taskbar. I am catching the event OnSettingChange and my application bar is resizing/moving correctly. BUT: If the taskbar moves to the top and my application bar ...