Printing Serial Numbers barcodes along with item code barcode

We use code 128a for or barcode format in-house.

I've been trying to find a way within RMS's Label Designer, using an
aftermarket code 128a font to add the serial number to the barcode label.
I've been able to use the code 128a font for the serial number field, but
that won't generate the necessary start code, checksum code and the stop
code. So it's useless.

My goal is to print the item code barcode and the serial number barcode on
the same barcode label within the Label Designer.

Does anyone know of a utility/add-in, etc. that will insert the correctly
encoded 128a barcode into the serial number field with the encoded value for
the serial number?

As a work around, I simply create the barcodes from Excel, print out a
seperate label and label the merchandise twice.  It works, but it's time
consuming and error prone...

Thanks, Randy
0
Randy1 (153)
10/29/2006 7:15:01 PM
pos 14173 articles. 0 followers. Follow

Our Power Ops and Serial Editor add-ins allow you to create up to 9 custom
labels for use with dedicated barcode printers.
These label formats can include the serial number printed as a barcode.
Label Designer is not supported. Our add-ins send commands directly to the
printer in native printer control language (PCL). Sample PCL labels are
included for Cognitive and Zebra printers. We recommend Cognitive as Zebra
models are known to skip labels or fields when using the Generic Text-only
driver.
To download 30 day trial versions of our add-ins visit the link below.
I recommend RMS Toolkit as Power Ops and Serial Editor are included.
See Help, Labels within the applications for instructions on creating custom
label formats or contact your RMS reseller for assistance.
To purchase a DRS add-in, contact your RMS reseller.

Greg
Digital Retail Solutions
www.digitalretailer.com/rmsaddins

"Randy" <Randy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> We use code 128a for or barcode format in-house.
>
> I've been trying to find a way within RMS's Label Designer, using an
> aftermarket code 128a font to add the serial number to the barcode label.
> I've been able to use the code 128a font for the serial number field, but
> that won't generate the necessary start code, checksum code and the stop
> code. So it's useless.
>
> My goal is to print the item code barcode and the serial number barcode on
> the same barcode label within the Label Designer.
>
> Does anyone know of a utility/add-in, etc. that will insert the correctly
> encoded 128a barcode into the serial number field with the encoded value
> for
> the serial number?
>
> As a work around, I simply create the barcodes from Excel, print out a
> seperate label and label the merchandise twice.  It works, but it's time
> consuming and error prone...
>
> Thanks, Randy

0
support7094 (156)

How do I find my serial number?
Hi I want to purchase the upgrade from Microsoft Office X to the new 2004 version BUT I cannot find my original install disks with the Serial number on. Is there any way I can discover what my serial number is from the installed software? Cheers. Robin In article <BD842C67.1AB92%robinjackson@mac.com>, Robin Jackson <robinjackson@mac.com> wrote: > I want to purchase the upgrade from Microsoft Office X to the new 2004 > version BUT I cannot find my original install disks with the Serial number > on. > > Is there any way I can discover what my serial number is ...

Clipboard Retains Cut Items In Excel
Hello! I'm having a problem with the clipboard that I didn't have before. Its only in Excel. For some reason, when I highlight a cell or group of cells with the intention of either cutting or copying it, by right clicking on the selection, the little list of options that pops out does not include 'cut' nor 'copy. The 'cut' and 'copy' options aren't on the option list at all, not even in 'ghosted' form. But 'paste' and 'paste special' are ghosted. When this happens, I see that the clipboard still has retained the last cell tha...

routing numbers #3
Third time is the charm maybe... How do I change the routing numbers on my accounts in Money 2004? If nobody knows... OK. I just need to know if there is a way! What is this routing number used for? Epay? "Stephen" <guzzetti@xmission.com> wrote in message news:10b6301c3f36c$7ab537a0$a501280a@phx.gbl... > Third time is the charm maybe... > > How do I change the routing numbers on my accounts in > Money 2004? If nobody knows... OK. I just need to know > if there is a way! All accounts have a routing number and account number. The routing number can ...

printing copies

Ghosted print and print preview

Using VBA to select Items in multiselect Listbox
How can you programatically select items in a multiselect list box based on their lables? Certain groups of items in my multiselect listbox will be frequently selected together. I want to have check boxes elsewhere on the form that a user can click that will cause a group of items to be selected in the list box. The list box itself is used to make an sql statement. Thanks. Marcie "bymarce" <bymarce@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:FF7548C3-FBE9-498B-9455-6EE50A8F2E17@microsoft.com... > How can you programatically select items in a mult...

code wild card value for form variable
i use a check box in an option group to generate a specific value for a variable. using the following code If Forms![fee sched form]![select region] = 2 Then Forms![fee sched form]![region var] = "Roch" End If If Forms![fee sched form]![select region] = 3 Then Forms![fee sched form]![region var] = "CNY" End If this variable is hidden on the form and value is used a query. how do i code this, so i can put "*" in the variable and thereby get all values in the query? the query code generates like "*" but i do not know how to code via the fo...

Print Dynamic Range

TCP/IP printing

Number to Text Value
Hey, I have data coming from Access via ODBC with a value of 0 (NO) or 1 (YES) from a tickbox in Access. Is there a way I can covert these 0 & 1's to a text word in excel in another column. 0 = NO or FALSE 1 = YES OR TRUE Thanks in Advance. "=?Utf-8?B?S1lNTw==?=" <KYMO@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in news:C7FAFC78-67BA-4747-905D-497AF99727DB@microsoft.com: > Hey, > > I have data coming from Access via ODBC with a value of 0 (NO) or 1 > (YES) from a tickbox in Access. > > Is there a way I can covert these 0 & 1's to a text word ...

Adding multiple items to a discount schedule in HQ
I would like to run a discount every Wednesday on most items in my store from 8am to 11am. I know how to create the schedule but can't seem to find a way to add the items to this schedule in HQ without going through each individual item. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Hi, I am just looking through old posts. Are you still wondering about how to script this change? -- Jocelyn "Pierre" wrote: > I would like to run a discount every Wednesday on most items in my store from > 8am to 11am. I know how to create the schedule but can't seem to find a way &g...

Code about setting Y Axes scale.
I couldn't understand the lines between 35-42, why he thought the dbMinScale after the change is the one he want. What the logic of this code section. Any one who could understand please help me. thanks in advance!:) Private Sub USP_SetYAxesScal(ByVal i_strWSName As String, ByVal i_strChartName As String, Optional ByVal i_intDecimal As Integer = 2) Dim dbMaxScale As Double, dbMinScale As Double, i As Integer, j As Integer Dim xTargetChart As Chart, vTemp() As Variant, blnInit As Boolean, dbMax As Double, dbMin As Double 1 On Error Resume Next 'get max/m...

Printing booklet

Check printing in GP 7.0

"Tiled" print setting.

CHtmlView and Printing

Old product code wont work on reload
I am trying to put my copy of OfficeXP 2002 on my new computer with Windows 7. It is telling me that my product code is incorrect. What do I do? Jaren Horsley From where are you getting the product code? "Jaren Horsley" <Jaren Horsley@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:E03D19DE-2467-4DC0-A12E-21A72CE93C37@microsoft.com... :I am trying to put my copy of OfficeXP 2002 on my new computer with Windows : 7. It is telling me that my product code is incorrect. What do I do? : : Jaren Horsley At what point do you get this message? Did you tri...

Problems with printing

Text vs. Number
Why is is that if I have a tab-deliminated file or csv file that I open in excel the following happens: If the field has twelve digits (a UPC code) -- say 068888701648 -- that when it gets into the Excel spreadsheet is drops the front zero and calls it a number. I don't want that to happen. Also when I export to a csv file I want the field to be a text field -- "068888701648" -- as opposed to a number. This is the reason. What I've been doing up to this point is creating a custom format -- 000000000000 -- twelve digits. Most UPC codes have a zero at...

Vlookup with a specific item
Hi, I would like to vlookup on employees' degree start date, eg.: A B C emp. no. Start date Edu 1 01/01/90 Dip 1 01/01/95 Deg 2 01/01/82 Cert 2 01/01/86 Dip 2 01/01/90 Deg How do I vlookup on the emp. no and deg start date? Thanks in advance. Please note that this is an array formula. You create array formulas in the same way that you create other formulas, except you press CTRL+SHIFT+ENTER to enter the formula. If successful in 'Formula Bar' you can notice ...

Printing--How not to Print Bkground

Printing in Vista

Formula/Macro to tally up numbers in Excel
I have a list of numbers in a column, e.g. :- 1 4 6 1 35 14 15 15 2 1 6 6 1 19 15 5 and want the computer to work out for me, how many times number x has turned up in column B? I presume this is possible with a function/macro within excel fairly easily? Any advice/pointers in the right direction would be appreciated. Please prefably reply in the newsgroup, or via email to "newshelp@the-core.freeserve.co.uk.DELETE", removing the .DELETE from the end of my address. Thanks, Mark Pyne Hi Have a look at COUNTIF() and try something like: =COUNTIF(B:B,1) to count how many 1s there ...