Printer Hardware question?

I have a differnt printer at each pos register. One is a epson tmu220 and the
other is star sp512 on both of these i have it so it doesnt print each
transaction. But if I do tht it doesnt print it says that it cant find the
opos driver. If i have it print only after it ask the transaction it works
fine. At one point it was working with it like that but now it isnt. Does
anyone have any ideas of how I get it back todo that again?
0
DougPicNPac (141)
3/23/2007 1:29:39 PM
pos 14173 articles. 0 followers. Follow

question on pivot table #2
i have a column which states months. Before i had abbreviations for th months and now i want them to be full names. when i changed them th drop down list for the month field in the pivot table shows th abbreviated names as well. is there any way to get rid of them withou making a new pivot table. thank -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Hi Remove the month field from the pivot table, then refresh and then add the month field again. Hopefully this helps. regards >-----Original Message----- >i have a column which states months. Before i had abbreviations for the &g...

Citrix Printer Problem
When running on our Citrix server, everytime we change companies in Dynamics the printer changes from the user's default to another printer. Anyone know how to make Dynamics stay with the default printer? We are running Dynamics Ver 7.0 and Citrix Metaframe XP Ver 1.0 on a Windows Sever 2003. Thanks Hi How is the GP client installed on the Citrx server? Are all the users using the same DEX.ini file? "JEK" <JEK@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:0BB7F031-0E3C-4BF0-91AD-1160B34EC642@microsoft.com... > When running on our Citrix server, everytime...

Requery Question????
I have a form that changes with a parameter that is entered through a combo box. The syntax of the parameter follows: Forms!frmWhatState![cboStateCode] This parameter is entered in underlying crosstab queries that supply my main form named frmStateCriteria. In an effort to try to broaden the amount of information supplied by this form, I have added tab controls and subforms to the main form and the form now displays monthly/quarterly totals filtered by the State Code. My form displays the correct result set and totals by state as requested. The problem occurs when I change the Stat...

Question #5
Hello All: I would like to accomplish the following and need some direction. We have several T1's coming into our sitre from different vendors. To create a "failover" if you will for our exchange environment, I'd like to place a server on each line, replicate etc, and have the ability to receive mail even if one line goes down. Multiple DNS entries of course, but what has to be done on teh Exchange side to execute this design. Thanks This is not an Exchange issue as much as a routing issue. Talk to your network guys. On Sun, 13 Feb 2005 09:40:08 -0500, "DJ&...

Payables Cheque
When printing a payables cheque (Transactions > Purchasing > Print Cheques), after selecting Process, I am prompted to print to the screen, printer or a file. Is there a way to default this always to the printer & not even be prompted for it. Thanks Yes, in Posting Setup (Administration>Posting>Posting) select the Purchasing Series and Computer Checks Origin. In the bottom section of the window, you'll see each of the reports that print when you hit Process. You can de-select the ? to prevent the system from asking for the destination, de-select the Scre...

Printer status?
Hi to everyone! I don't know if this argument is OffTopic. Anyway I would like to seriously discuss about Getting the status of a common windows printer. I think I've read most of the threads about this argument. Most of them suggest to view an example on an MSDN article ... something like Q160129 "How To Get the Status of a Printer and a Print Job"...or anyway suggest to use the PRINTER_INFO_n structures... Well, this DOES NOT WORK!. Probably I make some mistakes... but if is true that there are some structures like PRINTER_INFO_n, that have an entry for the status... is...

PDF Printer as default GP printer
I have my PDF printer set up as my default printer. When printing a SOP Invoice - it asks me where to create the file to....is there a way to setup a default file location for the creating of PDF's? Thanks Andrea, This issue cannot be done through GP since GP is only sending the printing job to the printer, you may need to look in the application settings that created this printer. For printers created by Adobe PDF follow steps below: 1. Right click the printer. 2. Go to Advanced Tab 3. Click on Printing Defaults. 4. Uncheck "Prompt for Adobe PDF filename" Regards, -- M...

Domain users cannot print on networked printer in SBS 2003 R2 netw
Hi , I have an Epson CX11NF printer networked to a server running SBS 2003 R2. The printer has been added to the server and I can print from the server. When logged onto a network client as a domain admin I can print. When logged on as a domain user on a network client I cannot print (error printing). When logged on as a domain print operator on a network client I cannot print. Domain users have the correct permissions on the server Windows Temp and Spool folders. I have the same results whether the printer properties are set for spooled printing or direct to printer printing....

an ALIAS question?
hello gurus I have a Report based on the Cross Tab query shown below: TRANSFORM Count(qryEmp.SiteID) AS CountOfSiteID SELECT qryEmp.SiteName, Count(qryEmp.SiteID) AS [Site Count] FROM qryEmp GROUP BY qryEmp.SiteName PIVOT qryEmp.MtgCode; Each record in the detail section of the report shows SiteName, [Site Count], and up to 10 more fields, one for each of the values of MtgCode. Typical values for MtgCode might be York1, York2, D1, Essex-05 ... Here is my problem. Because these values change all the time, I want the text boxex in the Report's detail section...

Why is printer driver receiving JPG?
Hello, I'm working on a printer driver based on the Oemuni example from the DDK. The problem is that OEMBitBlt (and other functions) are receiving jpegs as the destination source (as identified by psoDest- >fjBitmap == BMF_JPEG). In my EnablePDEV, I'm setting the DEVINFO->flGraphicsCaps2 flag to 0 (even though it should already be 0). Am I understanding the documentation wrong or should psoDst not be in jpeg format? On Jan 19, 4:51=A0pm, Agromatic <sutton1...@gmail.com> wrote: > Hello, > > I'm working on a printer driver based on the Oemuni ex...

Exchange 2003 Question #6
What would be the implications of installing an Exchange 2003 server on my network, when an Exchange 2000 server already exists? TIA, James A part of the Installation and setup process is to prepare AD for the Exchange implementation (forestprep and domainprep). If you are attempting to install Exchange into the same AD, then it would assume that the same Exchange Org will be used for the new installation of Exchange, causing the 2 to be semi connected (also would depend on site configuration, etc) When you are mentioning "on my network" - are we assuming that you are using ...

formula question, IF/AND
=IF(AND(D14>1,(L14="Correspondent")),((M51/D14)+D17),(((P29+M51)/D14)+D17)) This is the formula I'm currently using. Here's my question: if nothing is filled in the precendent fields, the above returns the DIV/0! error, of course. How can I avoid this? Typically, I do the =IF(SOMETHING, IF YES, "") to get rid of the divide by zero error. But in the above case, I need my result cell to show once formula if yes, and another if no, and then if nothing at all, don't display the DIV/0!. Does that make sense?? I hope so! Thanks for your help, Jacob Hi tr...

richedit version and dual font binding questions
Hi everybody, I am struggling with richedit control. The first is richedit version. Now in msdn document there are only for v2.0, 3.0, 4.1. But in fact there are also v3.1 and v4.0 (e.g., version number is 5.31.23.1218 and 5.40.11.2210). Is there any differences between 3.0, 3.1 and 4.0? The second question is very strange about dual font binding. I need to support the line number display in a richedit control. This need all the lines are same height. I thought richedit v3.0 TM_PLAINTEXT mode should support this easily. But if I load a text file into a CRichEditView with the mixing of Eng...

MSPOS: Number of printers available
Refresh my memory please, why are we allowed only 2 printers for each register? I have access to 7 printers on my network, why can't I print to most of them. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http://www.microsoft.com/Businesssolutions/Community/News...

basic question about offline mode
Hi there! I want to know what has Microsoft designed to happen when someone goes offline? In his local machine he can transfer only items that he ownes, or everything that he has the privilige to see when online? If the first happens, why it takes so much time? Thank you, Elena This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_03DE_01C452AC.AFEE0240 Content-Type: multipart/alternative; boundary="----=_NextPart_001_03DF_01C452AC.AFEE0240" ------=_NextPart_001_03DF_01C452AC.AFEE0240 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-En...

Question about styles and defaults
I am very new to Word 2007 but very familiar with W 2002. I have a Word 2002 document that I opened in Word 2007. I also started a new document in Word 2007 and would like to use the same fonts, heading styles, etc. How do I transfer these settings to the new document in Word 2007 (which presently has weird default fonts like "Calibri" and no default Heading 3, etc.). I prefer the settings I am used to in Word 2002 and would like to transfer them to Word 2007. Thank you, Jeff If you are saying that you want to use the factory defaults of Word 2002 (and 2003)?...

Printing question #3
My boss has an Excel spreadsheet that has 20 or so worksheets. On each worksheet there are several hyperlinks to web pages. He wants to print out each worksheet and all their related hyperlinked pages. Right now he has to do it manually which takes a lot of time. Is it possible to do this. If so, how? Thanks! -- looking... ...

users should administer printers not administrators
Great Plains administration of printers (Unnecessary administration is required) Named Printers is obviously a flawed idea. The administrator of the GP program should not be involved with the user period…. The basic concept is that the administrator knows every printer in the company or multiple companies in my case, the users and where all things should print… That’s a phenomenal amount of memory required to do a simple job… As an administrator it’s best to stay out of the way of all the users needs, keep with the security issues and have as little to do with Let the user assign his ow...

backup/restore question
W2K, 2 Exchange 2K Enterprise servers. Can I backup the store from server1 and restore it on server2 without overwriting the existing store on server2, maybe by renaming a store, or something? I am trying this in a test environment and get a 8012 error: The 'Microsoft Information Store' returned 'Database is in use. ' from a call to 'HrESERestoreAddDatabase()' additional data 'Mailbox Store (EX1)'"1 I tried (out of desperation, really) to create a store first on server2 with the same name as that of the backed up one, but still get the same error. Than...

Simple question I hope....
I have a worksheet that has a column with the fields filled with 000009620300000058718030916 or very similar numbers....I would like to take 6 digits off the end of the number and ten off the front, so it would be 00000058718. I think this could be done easliy, but I'm not very good with Excel. Any help is appreciated. Thanks 3steps 3steps, If your numbers always have 27 digits it's =MID(C15,11,11) OR if the lengths can vary but you always want 10 removed from the front and 6 from the back =MID(C15,11,LEN(C15)-16) Dan E "3steps" <anonymous@discussions.microsof...

Sum Question
I am using Excel 2000 I have the following very simple formula in column j Sheet1 =SUM(B5*H5) I have this copied all the way down to line 40. It shows 0 in all of the cells all the way down. I would like for there to be a way that the cell would not show anything in it UNLESS there was something that it was calculating. For example. I have entered data in column b and column h through line 10, but it still shows 0 in column J all the way down to line 40. I realize that it is showing these 0's b/c I have placed the formula there, but is there a way that it will still calculate but only ...

Networked Printer
We have a HP 2605dtn that is shared out on a Windows 2003 server. This week people have been complaining that PDF files take a long time to print. It prints a page, then stops, then starts back up. The driver on the server is a PCL6 driver. I have had problems in the past with PCL6 drivers, so I went to HP's site, but did not find a PCL5 driver, just a PostScript driver. I downloaded that and changed the driver on the server. Now on my PC, it's saying "printer not found on server". The share name is the same. If I change it back to the PCL6 driver, my ...

Autoformat question
We have a need to turn off AutoFormat replacement of "straight quotes with smart quotes", "fractions with fraction characters", "ordinals with superscript", and "hyphens with dashes" on a 1,000 of our 13,000 installations of Office 2007. I can use a specially filtered group policy with the Office 2007 group policy templates to disable those options in AutoFormat As You Type/Replace As You Type, but there is not a similar group of settings for AutoFormat/Replace. Does anyone have any idea how I can accomplish this aside from emailing man...

Journal question #2
Is there a way to make the "Journal" in Outlook a little less business like and more like a Log or Diary? it asks for "start time, end time" ...."Importance"... "Phone log time" etc... I just want my journal to be like .... "this happened to me today" or "this happened at this time"...? ...

modification questions
Does anyone know for sure if setting up modifications in the isv.config and web.config files before migrating data from siebel into crm will cause any problems? Every time I talk to someone at Microsoft they ask me if I've done any modifications....I need to make some modifications when I go live before I run the migration scripts. I just don't want it to cause any problems. Thanks, Jen Hi. I can't think of any reason why modifying these files would impact on data migration but logically I would have thought you would want to migrate the data first and then make the cha...