Print Ext. Description on Receipt.

Is there a way to print Ext. Description and/or all three sub descriptions
onto receipts?

I've looked in all the settings and i can't find anything on this one.

Thank you.

pos 14173 articles. 0 followers. Follow

SO Manager
Configuration / Options
Item Options
    "Show Item Extended Description"
    "Show Item SubDescriptions"

selecting those options will make the Ext Desc or Sub Desc display both on
the transaction screen and on the receipt.  - I think the Extended
description may get truncated on the receipt.  There may be a tech knowledge
article on this.

It is also possible to add these values to the receipt by editing the xml
file.  This would let you show the data on the receipt without showing on
the transaction screen.

--
Glenn Adams
Tiber Creek Consulting

"Simona Jewelry" <simonajewelry@msn.com> wrote in message
> Is there a way to print Ext. Description and/or all three sub descriptions
> onto receipts?
>
> I've looked in all the settings and i can't find anything on this one.
>
> Thank you.

0
glenn1806 (721)
6/17/2004 1:00:34 AM
Hi,

Thanks for reply, but I did have those options selected and it does appear
on the screen but it won't print on the receipt.  The only thing that gets
printed on the the receipt is the description.  Is it also because only the
description gets display on the pole display?

I did search for a tech knowledge on this issue but I couldn't find
anything.

"Glenn Adams" <glenn@tibercreek.com.nospam> wrote in message
> SO Manager
> Configuration / Options
> Item Options
>     "Show Item Extended Description"
>     "Show Item SubDescriptions"
>
> selecting those options will make the Ext Desc or Sub Desc display both on
> the transaction screen and on the receipt.  - I think the Extended
> description may get truncated on the receipt.  There may be a tech
knowledge
> article on this.
>
> It is also possible to add these values to the receipt by editing the xml
> file.  This would let you show the data on the receipt without showing on
> the transaction screen.
>
> --
> Glenn Adams
> Tiber Creek Consulting
> http://www.tibercreek.com
> glenn@tibercreek.com
> newsgroup so that all can share the information
>

> "Simona Jewelry" <simonajewelry@msn.com> wrote in message
> > Is there a way to print Ext. Description and/or all three sub
descriptions
> > onto receipts?
> >
> > I've looked in all the settings and i can't find anything on this one.
> >
> > Thank you.

Yes there is away to print Extended Description and all three sub
descriptions onto the receipt.
Go to customer source and in the library for receipts and there are 40 new
receipt formats.

I have taken bits and pieces from the different receipts to custom format my
own receipt.

"Simona Jewelry" <simonajewelry@msn.com> wrote in message
> Is there a way to print Ext. Description and/or all three sub descriptions
> onto receipts?
>
> I've looked in all the settings and i can't find anything on this one.
>
> Thank you.

0
rlfabiano (10)
6/19/2004 8:22:52 PM
Thanks Glenn, that solves the problem for me.

> try TechKnowledge Document ID: 32267
> or Knowledge Base # KB861003  ( they are the same document )
>
> --
> Glenn Adams
> Tiber Creek Consulting
> http://www.tibercreek.com
> glenn@tibercreek.com
> newsgroup so that all can share the information
>

> "Simona Jewelry" <simonajewelry@msn.com> wrote in message
> > Hi,
> >
> > Thanks for reply, but I did have those options selected and it does
appear
> > on the screen but it won't print on the receipt.  The only thing that
gets
> > printed on the the receipt is the description.  Is it also because only
> the
> > description gets display on the pole display?
> >
> > I did search for a tech knowledge on this issue but I couldn't find
> > anything.
> >

> > "Glenn Adams" <glenn@tibercreek.com.nospam> wrote in message
> > > SO Manager
> > > Configuration / Options
> > > Item Options
> > >     "Show Item Extended Description"
> > >     "Show Item SubDescriptions"
> > >
> > > selecting those options will make the Ext Desc or Sub Desc display
both
> on
> > > the transaction screen and on the receipt.  - I think the Extended
> > > description may get truncated on the receipt.  There may be a tech
> > knowledge
> > > article on this.
> > >
> > > It is also possible to add these values to the receipt by editing the
> xml
> > > file.  This would let you show the data on the receipt without showing
> on
> > > the transaction screen.
> > >
> > > --
> > > Glenn Adams
> > > Tiber Creek Consulting
> > > http://www.tibercreek.com
> > > glenn@tibercreek.com
> > > Please DO NOT respond to me directly but post all responses here in
the
> > > newsgroup so that all can share the information
> > >

> > > "Simona Jewelry" <simonajewelry@msn.com> wrote in message
> > descriptions

THank you so much for the tip.  DIdn't even know it's there.

"Raffaele & Lula Fabiano" <rlfabiano@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> Yes there is away to print Extended Description and all three sub
> descriptions onto the receipt.
> Go to customer source and in the library for receipts and there are 40 new
> receipt formats.
>
> I have taken bits and pieces from the different receipts to custom format
my
> own receipt.
>

> "Simona Jewelry" <simonajewelry@msn.com> wrote in message
> > Is there a way to print Ext. Description and/or all three sub
descriptions
> > onto receipts?
> >
> > I've looked in all the settings and i can't find anything on this one.
> >
> > Thank you.

printing copies

Read Receipt Error
I tried to send a read receipt in response to an e-mail I recieved, but apparently my mail system doesn't support them. Now Outlook (2003) tries to send the receipt every time I do a send/recieve and generates an error message. Unfortunately, I can't find any way to cancel the read receipt, since it doesn't show up in my Outbox or Sent Items folders. I've gone so far as to completely disable sending read receipts, and removing the mail account and recreating it - all to no avail. Anyone have a fix for this? -Kevin ...

Ghosted print and print preview

Print Dynamic Range

TCP/IP printing

Printing booklet

Check printing in GP 7.0

CHtmlView and Printing

"Tiled" print setting.

Problems with printing

Printing--How not to Print Bkground

Printing in Vista

How do you customize the 'Print View'?

Printing problem

Print a report without displaying print preview
Hi, Please can someone tell me in a really basic way how can I print a report WITHOUT it also previewing. I'm using 2007 I have several forms which have a print button ( created with the command button wizard, report operations, print report, then relevant report is chosen to print). This works great, and prints the relevant report for the the associated record, however when you click the print button it also displays the print preview and doesn't close it again. This means that until the preview is closed the same thing keeps printing when the button is clicked....

Currency to Print
Is there a way to set up the defaut "Currency To Print:" to Originating when printe the Invoice from the Sales Batch ID. There is no problem to print the Invoice from Sales transaction Entry, because the default Currency was set using Originating. Thanks, Kevin, Yes. When you select the Print icon in Sales Batch, print options window will open where you specify Originating in Print currency in Dropdown. This should work the same way as printing invoice from sales transaction entry -- Thanks Janakiram M.P. MCP-GP http://janakirammp.blogspot.com "Kevin Zhou" wro...

Printing clips the side of the document words
Hello, I've just installed all the updates for Windows XP that were required and others also and have Office 2003 with Outlook 2003. I've tried to print an email message and the words in the narrative are clipped on the right and left margins. The "TO" "FROM" "SUBJECT" and all the other header information is aligned correctly and the problem is only with the main text portion. When I print regular WORD documents, I don't have this problem and my printer can print directly to the edge of the paper (Laser). The formatting is coming from Outlook a...

Printing
Hi, I have a custom list control (base class is not CListCtrl but simply CWnd). I need to implement printing. I once created a whole printing function for a standard CListCtrl, by making complete custom drawing routines to take data out of the list control and draw it onto a printer DC. However, I have seen how "Custom Grid Control" and other controls can somehow simply map the screen (including icons and everything) onto the printer.. it's not simply a screen print obviously, because it adapts to the printer resolution, but I do wonder if there isn't just a standard print...

Slowing Printing with Publisher & Merged Database
I am doing a newsletter that prints out customers addresses by pulling them off an Excel spreadsheet. I have about 1200 records in the spreadsheet. As the printer runs, it prints out each newsletter with one customers address and then moves down to the next record. The problem I am having is that it takes an extremely and I mean extremely long time to print. 10 copies takes about 15 to 20 minutes. My Publisher file is about seven megabytes. I am using Publisher 2003 and Windows XP Pro SP2 printing to a Xerox 3535 creo Spire. The Spire shows the file as being 900 MB for each 100...

Printing on banner paper
Hi, I have an HP1220C printer, and am running Publisher 2000 on Windows 98. I would like to print on HP banner paper, but even when I set the paper type to banner, it breaks across the page with spaces between the letters. Can you help me? After managing to set up OE-QuoteFix on his new PC, Ed reads a message from Peter <Peter@ascboston.org>... > I have an HP1220C printer, and am running Publisher 2000 > on Windows 98. I would like to print on HP banner paper, > but even when I set the paper type to banner, it breaks > across the page with spaces between the letters. ...

Macro to print document in Duplex format
I am trying to write a macro in a template (.dot) file to be used on 2000 documents based on it. The macro has code to print duplex. The code is give below. I get error 'Unable to set shared printer settings' while trying to assign printersettings. Isnt it the same like changing the Duplex setting in the print->printing preferances? Please advice. ------------------------------------------------------------------------ Option Explicit Public Type PRINTER_DEFAULTS pDatatype As Long pDevmode As Long DesiredAccess As Long End Type ...

find a description in a list and add it in an other one
Hello, I would like to create a small vb code, to find a description in a list and add it in an other one... Let me explain my case : I have an excel spreadsheet with two sheets... The first one (sheet "result") contents a list like this one : D10993300 YG37 DistrDemand (Plnd.) D10385135 YG38 Total Demand D10387412 YT23 Dependent Demand D10385167 TE45 Total Demand This list can have a very variable size, One line or several thousands of line The second one, sheet "Dcode list" contents the description of ALL the code like "D10993300" D10383164 p...

Printing 11" by 8.5"
How do we setup the page so it will print vertically11" by 8.5? I just want the text wide and bigger but the defautl print setting which is 8.5 by 11 is not big enough. Thank you. Raymond - In Page Setup, try the Landscape orientation. - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP Peltier Technical Services Tutorials and Custom Solutions http://PeltierTech.com/ _______ Raymond wrote: > How do we setup the page so it will print vertically11" by 8.5? I just want > the text wide and bigger but the defautl print setting which is 8.5 by 11 is > not big enough. > &g...