Prepaid items - how to?

I have a retail camera store and want to offer pre-paid print packages - but
I want the funds to only be available as item credits - i.e. say i want to
sell 100 prints for 25¢ - so when a customer comes in and orders prints, I
want to be able to subtract the number of prints from their balance - but I
do *not* want it to be a $$ credit.  IOW, the credits are only good on prints
- NOT on other merchandise.

Any suggestions on how to approach this in RMS?

Thanks!

Gary
0
Gary103 (266)
7/20/2005 1:55:26 PM
pos 14173 articles. 0 followers. Follow

You may want to consider setting it up like gift cards or vouchers
--

"Gary" wrote:

> I have a retail camera store and want to offer pre-paid print packages - but
> I want the funds to only be available as item credits - i.e. say i want to
> sell 100 prints for 25¢ - so when a customer comes in and orders prints, I
> want to be able to subtract the number of prints from their balance - but I
> do *not* want it to be a $$ credit.  IOW, the credits are only good on prints
> - NOT on other merchandise.
>
> Any suggestions on how to approach this in RMS?
>
> Thanks!
>
> Gary
I already have gift cards.  They work great - but this isn't really a gift
card (a set $$ amount) - this is giving the customer credit for a select
number of items (*not* the cash equivalent) - and yes, it really is different.

Ideas?...

"cosmicpinball" wrote:

> You may want to consider setting it up like gift cards or vouchers

Gary103 (266)
7/20/2005 11:11:02 PM
The only real way to do this is with a customization.

--
Jason Hunt
Advanced Computer Systems

0
jhunt (286)
7/21/2005 6:26:19 PM
Put the 100 prints on a Work Order and charge a 100% deposit

Each time they come in to have prints made, recall the work order, tender it
and select "Pick Up partial order".

--
Glenn Adams
Tiber Creek Consulting

"Gary" <Gary@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I have a retail camera store and want to offer pre-paid print packages -
>but
> I want the funds to only be available as item credits - i.e. say i want to
> sell 100 prints for 25� - so when a customer comes in and orders prints, I
> want to be able to subtract the number of prints from their balance - but
> do *not* want it to be a $$ credit.  IOW, the credits are only good on
> prints
> - NOT on other merchandise.
>
> Any suggestions on how to approach this in RMS?
>
> Thanks!
>
> Gary

0
glenn1806 (721)
7/22/2005 4:12:07 PM
Found this, but I don't know if it includes what you are trying to do.

RMS Photo Lab

This sweet application allows a client in the photo processing industry to
process transactions for film development. All of the options associated with
film processing transactions are taken into consideration including:

Exposure
Size
Finish
Type
Reprints
CD
Service
Paper type

For additional information call 800-393-9802, or email skin@obsol.com

"Gary" wrote:

> I have a retail camera store and want to offer pre-paid print packages - but
> I want the funds to only be available as item credits - i.e. say i want to
> sell 100 prints for 25¢ - so when a customer comes in and orders prints, I
> want to be able to subtract the number of prints from their balance - but I
> do *not* want it to be a $$ credit.  IOW, the credits are only good on prints
> - NOT on other merchandise.
>
> Any suggestions on how to approach this in RMS?
>
> Thanks!
>
> Gary
0
mark564 (750)

Getting item ID in ON_LBN_SELCHANGE
I would like to set the same member function to process multiple list boxes. How do I find out what the item ID is for the list box that I'm handling an selection changed message for? Chris Griffin wrote: > I would like to set the same member function to process multiple list boxes. > How do I find out what the item ID is for the list box that I'm handling an > selection changed message for? > Use ON_CONTROL_RANGE in the message map. It passes the ID to the message handler. You have to type it in to the message map by hand. Make the handler function prototype l...

Deleted items not updated!!!
Hello all, I'm developing an Outlook Addin... I encounter a problem that when my addin perform simple functionality which is looping through all folders, then when the user work on Outlook move messages from the inbox to Deleted Items folder, the Deleted Items folder still empty till you restart the outlook. In my code, I loop through all folders and get Items an do some process on them. For testing this problem I removed looping into items and processing and the problem still. Finally I found that the problem in "pFolder->get_Items" which when I call, the problem found,...

Sent Items folder only goes back 9 months.
Hi, I am new to Exchange Admin. Using Outlook, some of our staff notice that the emails in their Sent Items folder only goes back 9 months, whereas the Inbox goes back years. I want to remove the limit on the Sent Items folders. Where do I do this? Any help appreciated. Regards On 14 Mar 2007 05:26:40 -0700, "Control Freq" <nick@nhthomas.freeserve.co.uk> wrote: > >Hi, >I am new to Exchange Admin. >Using Outlook, some of our staff notice that the emails in their Sent >Items folder only goes back 9 months, whereas the Inbox goes back >years. > >I wa...

Make dropdown item list in invoice sheet
Hi all I have made an invoice in sheet1 and have list of items in sheet2. How can I make a dropdown list in invoice showing sheet2 items and at the same time get the unit price for the item too? i.e. In Sheet1(Invoice) : B20 = Items Descritpion C20 = Unit Price in Sheet2(Stock List) : A2 = Items description C2 = Unit Price regards See Debra Dalgleish's instructions at her website: http://www.contextures.com/xlOrderForm01.html Does that help? -------------------------- Regards, Ron Microsoft MVP (Excel) (XL2003, Win XP) "tim" <awoqwoiieurowier@asdfjkd.com> w...

Question about unread items icon
Microsoft Outlook 2000 SR-1 I use spam filtering software that automatically marks spam for me and then a rule that moves spam to a mail folder. Is there some way to either turn off the unread items icon that appears or better yet have Outlook ignore new messages that are put into the spam folder? Thanks, DLong ...

Error message:Unable to display the selected folder or item. Could not open the item
I recently uninstalled Outlook 2003 in favor of using Outlook in WinXP. No when I try to start Outlook i ge the error message: "Cannot start Outlook. Cannot disply the selected folder ot item. Could not open the item. Try again." In another news group it was recommended to check the "pst" file. I have done a search and find not pst files. Help would be gratefully accepted!! Don Don <donsylvester@comcast.net> wrote: > I recently uninstalled Outlook 2003 in favor of using Outlook in > WinXP. No when I try to start Outlook i ge the error message: > ...

Cannot open folders: Entourage cannot open the item due to an error
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Processor: Intel Email Client: pop When I try and open one of my subfolders, either in Inbox or Folders on My Computer, I get an error message: Entourage cannot open the item due to an error. An unknown error has occurred in Entourage. And the folder doesn't open. <br><br>This is very bad for me as these are work folders that I need to access often. Not all of them are doing this, but more and more are doing this each day. Admittedly, i have about 200 subfolders and about 20 of them don't open. Is this ...

How do you delete an Assembly Item?
I have an assembly item code, and I want to delete it to make it inactive. I cannot find any help on this, nor can I actually FIND the assembly item. Please help!! This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0461_01C6F844.55DE89B0 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="UTF-8" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Nutribodies, You can't make an Assembly inactive as its not really an item, just a = reference to a group of items. You can delete it though. One way of finding items is by their Item type. Click on the Item Type = column header and th...

prepaid expenses template-worksheet
I am looking for a worksheet or template to track and calculte monthly expense for prepaid expenses ...

"Can't create item" appears
Why do I get a message box stating "Can't create Item" if I click an email address in a web site or incoming email? OS - Windows XP Home Product - Microsoft Outlook 2003 - Home and Student go to the internet options applet in the control panel. go to the programs tab and set Outlook Express as your default e-mail client. After selecting the apply button, immediately switch it back to Microsoft Outlook. That may be enough to reset the necessary registry keys so that Outlook can create a new mail item when clicking on e-mail urls. "Priorslee Pete" <...

Recover a deleted item
Hod do I recover a deleted item. Accidentally deleted a item from headquarters. Thanks I think you can extract it from your backup file. -- Jocelyn "Palamino" wrote: > Hod do I recover a deleted item. Accidentally deleted a item from headquarters. > Thanks ...

Prepaid items
I have a retail camera store and want to offer pre-paid print packages - but I want the funds to only be available as item credits - i.e. say i want to sell 100 prints for 25¢ - so when a customer comes in and orders prints, I want to be able to subtract the number of prints from their balance - but I do *not* want it to be a $$ credit. IOW, the credits are only good on prints - NOT on other merchandise. Any suggestions on how to approach this in RMS? Thanks! Gary You may want to consider setting it up like gift cards or vouchers -- "Gary" wrote: > I have a ret...

Restricting items based on order total or previously selected item
We have several items (mostly coupons) whcih should only be available for sale if the order total is a certain level (ex: if the order total is $500 or more, let them use a $50 coupon. Coupon should not be alowed on the order if order total prior to the coupon is less than $500) or if certain items are already on the order (ex: we have a coupion for $25 off all jackets [category Jacket]. Coupon should not be allowed if a jacket is not already on the order). In a similar vein, have special item pricing based on the order total (ex: if the order total is $500 or more, allow them to purcha...

sum values from the same item in a single column?
Hi, I have a query to get a table like this: Item Num Values A 1 10 A 2 22 A 3 78 B 1 32 B 2 40 B 3 87 C 1 34 C 2 76 C 3 98 actually each "Item" has more than a thousand of "Num". how to sum all "Item" (A+B+C) at each "Num"? Like: Num Sum 1 76 2 138 3 263 Thanks! pemt pemt, Have a look at Crosstab queries under Help, that should give you what you...

item report by date created
I am looking to create a report of items created on a specific date. Any ideas? Thanks in advance. Use MS Access. -- John M. "A.J." <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:44dc01c47fb7$d10fc1b0$a401280a@phx.gbl... > I am looking to create a report of items created on a > specific date. Any ideas? > > Thanks in advance. Wow, Eric H., that is and old name. From the pre MS days. In here too. Hmm. mte "Eric Hawthorne [MSFT]" <ehawth@online.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:A7B05594-5B84-4C42-A8E1-1208AFA4AF7B@microso...

Sent items from Blackberry 9700 not showing properly in Entourage sent items

Items Being Deleted When Moving Deleted Items
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_000C_01C8001F.DCFCA470 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Greetings all, I have a user that's trying to move a message from her personal Deleted = Items folder to the Deleted Items folder of a shared mailbox. When = doing so, the message disappears altogether: it's no longer in her = personal D.I. folder nor is it moved into the D.I. folder of the shared = mailbox. =20 The strange thing is that this process works flawlessly for me. Oh, and = we both...

Pictures in mail item body
Hi all, I have an htm page that I opened in internet explorer and saved as archive (mht). Then I opened the mht file in word, did some changes and saved it as a doc. The doc has various pictures. I create an email message and insert the doc contents (copy from word and paste into email message), and save the email as a draft. I have a macro that sends an email to a recipient based on this draft. The code is: Set oMal = Application.CreateItem(olMailItem) With oMal .To = emailaddress .S...

Retrive deleted items.
Is there a way to retrieve the items hard deleted ( Shift + Del ) from the Inbox ? XCLN: How to Recover Items That Have Been Hard Deleted PSS ID Number: 246153 "Sudharson AN" <meetsudhar@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:%23p8eaFzQEHA.1892@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl... > Is there a way to retrieve the items hard deleted ( Shift + Del ) from the > Inbox ? > > If you're on an Exchange server that's configured for deleted item retention, you can get them back - you just need to use the DumpsterAlwaysOn registry hack as per the following http://support.micros...

Sent items missing
I have one user, who is missing emails in there sent items folder. For some reason, this user doesn't have any emails from longer then a month ago. Is there a setting in Exchange or Outlook that could be set or unset to do this? Also is there a setting to track what the hell is going on with this one users's sent items? The user does do archiving, but I have checked there archive folder, and it doesn't contain anything. have you checked for a "view" filter? how about an "advanced find" to see where they might be? also check in Tools, Options, Email optio...

jutaan pengguna prepaid di Malaysia!
-Gunakan apa yang anda guna sekarang dan tukarkan kepada wang! -Mudah sangat! Semua orang boleh buat. -Murah sangat! Tiada risiko. -Kenapa harus kayakan orang lain? Baik kayakan diri sendiri! -Persaingan -Setkan sasaran anda. http://prepaid.cynexx.com/?b=twbiz50 my email is twbiz50@yahoo.com Thanks ...

Error archiving Deleted Items in MSN
Hi, I receive this message everytime archiving takes place. I am not interested in archiving these folders, but can seems to find anyway to tell outlook not to archive them. I tried right clicking properties of the msn folder but nothing about archiving there. Error while archiving folder "Deleted Items" in store "MSN". Some items could not be copied. They were either moved or deleted, or access was denied. ...

tsql help
Hi All, I have an order history file. It has an Action column to store action performed on the order. Order Id, Action, Date 1, Created, 8/1/10 1, Changed, 8/15/10 1, Changed, 9/1/10 What is the best t-sql to say Give me the most recent changed date for all orders And if there is no Changed status just give me the Created date. Now I can imagine doing this by stringing the sql together and then executing the sql string but is that the best way? Thanks, rod. CREATE TABLE FooBar(OrderId INT, ActionType VARCHAR(10), ActionDate DATETIME); INSERT FooBar(OrderId, Actio...

Changing Item type after item has history
The J. Rousek Toy Co. would like the ability to change the inventory item type after the item has history. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http://www.microsoft.com/Businesssolutions/Community/NewsGroups/dgbrowser/en-us/default.mspx?mid=0f817269-980f-4fa...

Inventory Items as NON-Inventory Items
I have seen several cases today where during a receipt from PO, an item was marked as non-inventory. It had been entered on the PO that way. Problem is, these items have all been inventory items for several years. How can someone enter a PO for an inventory item and have the PO line marked as non-inventory? -- Richard L. Whaley Author / Consultant / MVP Documentation for Software Users For help learning and better using Dynamics GP,... check out our books at http://www.AccoladePublications.com Richard, Check how the item number is being entered. This is usually caused by trailin...