PostgreSQL or other SQL servers in RMS

Has anyone successfully implemented RMS with one of the free SQL servers?
Theoretically, is there any reason why we have to use MS SQL Server 2000 for
large databases?

David
0
DH6373 (48)
8/24/2005 5:18:09 AM
pos 14173 articles. 0 followers. Follow

"dh" <dh@discussions.microsoft.com> ha scritto nel messaggio
> Has anyone successfully implemented RMS with one of the free SQL servers?
> Theoretically, is there any reason why we have to use MS SQL Server 2000
> for
> large databases?
RMS has implemented only for MS SQL Server (2000/MSDE) and isn't possible to
work with another sql server
because RMS use transact sql for query (IDENTITY, SCOPE_IDENTITY, temp
tables, queries, dts blablablabla)

bye
antonio

0
amazzeo (368)
8/24/2005 8:42:32 AM
MSDE doesn't cost anything, it's just limited to 2GB databases.

--
Jason Hunt
Advanced Computer Systems

0
jhunt (286)

writeback to SQL 2005
hello! I use excel 2007 iI open a connection agianst SQL server 2005 and choose a table. In my workbook i can now see this data from this table. if i change a value in some cell i wish to writeback to table in SQL server. Is this possible? It's possible through the use of VBA and ADO, but not simply using the data connection you've already established. Ross "CJ" <CJ@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:D54EC521-0DD5-4B3D-971B-4FF3394D6FA8@microsoft.com... > hello! I use excel 2007 > iI open a connection agianst SQL server 2005 and choose a table...

Server
Working in a large office we have recently replaced our exchange server. The new server has a different name fom the old one. For the vast majority of users this has not caused a problem. One user about once a week cannot open hois Outlook and the server name reverts back to the old server name. Please help ! ...

Project Server 2007 Hotfix dated 2/23/10
Need help in trying to determine what is actually being fixed in the newest hotfix they are the following first and second items in the kb article. Also, could someone let me know what the note applies to as well (that is the first item or the second item or both). Thanks!!!! 1. You accept updates for assignments in Microsoft Office Project 2007. In this case, the values for actual work and for actual overtime work differ from the values submitted by the resources. When you save and then publish the project, the resource timesheet on the My Tasks page shows the same incorrect...

Can someone tell me some newsgroup server about AI or datamining?
Hi, all I am sorry to post my question here, but i really need help from everyone here. I have googled for newsgroup talking about AI or dataming for a long time, however, it ends no result. Can someone show me any newsgroup servers just like msnews.microsoft.com, then I would post my question there and gather helps from those experts. Best wishes Hi, there are endless resources in the internet, you just have to look for the right words and places: http://aima.cs.berkeley.edu/ http://dir.yahoo.com/Science/computer_science/artificial_intelligence/ http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Artif...

Outlook access to mail servers blocked
For last two days I suddently been unable to down load any email via either my talk tal broadband or my vodaphone mobile connection the message i get is the same across 5 different POP3 servers Receiving' reported error (0x80042108) : 'Outlook is unable to connect to your incoming (POP3) e-mail server. If you continue to receive this message, contact your server administrator or Internet service provider (ISP).' past post suggest the firewalls but had tried disabling them and its still the same - i know there is mail as i have it on my balckberry account - any ideas folks? I am r...

Running server reporting errors
Hi Anyone seen this before - taken from the application log on an SBS 2003 server. Server does recover from this but this seems to be happening regularly. A process serving application pool 'CRMAppPool' terminated unexpectedly Appreciate any help or pointers. Regards After moveing to v3 mine did this too... and recovered.. after rebooting itself! PeteC wrote: > Hi > > Anyone seen this before - taken from the application log on an SBS 2003 > server. Server does recover from this but this seems to be happening > regularly. > > A process serving application po...

PostgreSQL or other SQL servers in RMS
Has anyone successfully implemented RMS with one of the free SQL servers? Theoretically, is there any reason why we have to use MS SQL Server 2000 for large databases? David "dh" <dh@discussions.microsoft.com> ha scritto nel messaggio news:1783A90D-AF3E-4D91-A445-0039D4E7E379@microsoft.com... > Has anyone successfully implemented RMS with one of the free SQL servers? > Theoretically, is there any reason why we have to use MS SQL Server 2000 > for > large databases? RMS has implemented only for MS SQL Server (2000/MSDE) and isn't possible to work with ano...

Outlook without Exchange Server
I am new to outlook. I am trying to find out if Outlook 2003 can be used with pier-to-pier sertup in a small office with leass than 5 employees. The functionality desired would be to be able to forward and recieve messages, tasks, appointments, share and view calendar etc. I was wondering if outlook can be used within a workgroup in a LAN setup without having exchange server. Thanks, Athiff In news:1ad6001c423e0$2a80b120$a601280a@phx.gbl, Athiff <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: || I am new to outlook. I am trying to find out if Outlook || 2003 can be used with pier-...

some problems with RMS 2.0
Recently I have faced the following problems using Microsoft RMS 2.0 with Windows Vista. 1)when printer was connected with the cash drawer, after printing 5 or 6 receipts, POS stops responding. POS then doesn't close and everything is stuck. 2) Sometimes the cash drawer opens, but the receipt doesn't print. The computer searches for a while and then at the end it displays an error message. 3) Sometimes when administrator is opened, manager and POS doesn't open. Any ideas what might be going wrong? Thanks ...

Management Studio
I have both a named instance of SQL Server 2008 and Express 2008 installed. When I try to connect with Management Studio, neither of those instances appears in the list of local servers. But I can see them in the list of network servers. In Local, I can see Integration Services only. Under the Network Servers tab, I see my server with the two database engines listed. In both cases, I have protocols Shared Memory, Named Pipes, and TCP/IP enabled, and VIA disabled. Is that the way it should be? I checked HideInstance in the Configuration Manager and it is set to No for both ins...

sql.request #2
Does anyone have a comprehensible guide on how to use it that a dolt like me can follow? Every time I try I get a #N/A. The only guide I can find is at http://www.bygsoftware.com/examples/zipfiles/UsingSqlRequest.zip but it's really hard to follow. From the MSDN Library: http://msdn.microsoft.com/archive/default.asp?url=/archive/en-us/office97/html/SEC41.asp Not sure how familiar you are with ODBC; but if you are getting #N/A as a result, it is usually because of problems either with the SQL syntax or the connection string. There are a few examples of connection strings in the re...

I did a reset account of a computer account in AD which is an exchange server
How can I get the exchange to talk back to the AD again ... Thanks Andy ...

MSDE or SQL Personal or SQL Developer? or SQL Workstation?
Hi, which one is better for personal non-server computer? MSDE? SQL Personal? SQL Developer? SQL Workstation? Thank you. It depends on what edition of GP you are going to run. If you are going to use Professional, you need to go with SQL Server developer, assuming you are installing on a non-server OS. "ano" wrote: > Hi, which one is better for personal non-server computer? MSDE? SQL Personal? > SQL Developer? SQL Workstation? > Thank you. Is the function of SQL Developer the same as Enterprise edition? How about personal edition? Can it be used for GP Pro? Can dev...

Changing Port for Report Server
Dear all, I installed the Reporting Service of Sql Server 2000 and The Report manager worked, but the i had to change the port from 80 to 8080 . when i changed the port number of the report server i can't view the report manager any more. the web page displays the following error : "The request failed with HTTP status 400: Bad request. " So,Could any one help me. Another Problem : I am trying to change back the port to 80 but i couldn't because The IIS Messages: "The process can't access the file because it is been used by another process" I think there is ...

Schema validation error with both servers on Rollup 2
I'm trying to import customizations into my Server from an existing CRM installation. We are experiencing the dreaded “The selected customization file does not conform to the required customization file schema. A schema validation error has been detected at the line…” error even though both servers have had Rollup 2 applied. Any suggestions? Jim Hi James, Search for the line 'VisibleToPlatform' in your customizations file. Remove this complete line and store it again. The import will work then. Kind regards, Ronald -- Ronald Lemmen - MSCRM MVP Avanade Netherlands http://...

Excel RoundUp in Transact-SQL
Last week I posted the following computation in Excel... roundup(roundup(rate * 500),4) - roundup(rate * 200,4) + polfee,2) ((6.108934 * (500000/1000)) - (200 * 6.108934) + 1311.51) = 3144.20 In SQL using round(num,4) = 3144.19 I've moded this to... round(num+0.0005,4) = 3144.20 This works most of the time but occasionally I'm still off from what Excel returns. I'm under 2% in my 342 calcs, so it's do-able and we'll explain if any client notes this that we've reduced their pmt by .01 cents. BUT, I'd still like a way to replicate Excel'...

Calling Dex Procedures from SQL

Cannot install the 3rd Exchange 2003 Server
Hi All, Please help me. I cannot install the 3rd exchange Server 2003 on windows server 2003 Std with SP1 and without SP1. My AD is Server 2003 with SP1. The other 2 Exchange Server is 2003 std with SP2. During installing a new Exchange computer into the organization, I receive the following error message: Setup failed while installing sub-component Site Replication Service with error code 0xC007054B (please consult the installation logs for a detailed description). You may cancel the installation or try the failed step again. And the log is have the following error: [19:50:13] DS or RPC is b...

RMS 1.3 /Firewall winxp sp2
How do I open the firewall on winxp sp2 (RMS 1.3.x running msde database on the cash register) to the back office computer using SOM. Dan Allow exception for the SQL port TCP 1433 in the windows firewall configuration of your control panel. Make sure to specify the scope to your local network so it doesn't invite outside virus. "Dan-902" <alias@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:eZ5DajLtKHA.1608@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl... > How do I open the firewall on winxp sp2 (RMS 1.3.x running msde database > on the cash register) to the back off...

SQL 'for xml' and C# example??

sql summarizing help

Update multivalue field in table from form with SQL
Access 2007 on Vista I am using a form to establish the variables for a report before it is created. One field on the underlying table is a multivalue field, and the form includes a multi-select combo box control. After selections are made and the OK button on the multi-select combo drop down is clicked, focus moves to the next control. I have discovered though, that the underlying table does not update immediately, but does so correctly when I close the form. This sequence does not deliver the proper report data, so I need a way to immediately update the underlying table (m...