POS Sync After Every Z Report

Hi All~

I'm wondering if it's the expected behavior to have a POS on another
station sync every time a Z report is ran?  Should the database sync
every time?  I thought only when the POS was in offline status.

I don't believe the POS is offline everyday, but everyday when we take
a Z report, the database syncs with the POS with the database.

Is this expected?
0
jerrypenna (71)
11/16/2004 9:03:11 PM
pos 14173 articles. 0 followers. Follow

Hi Jerry,

It syncs every z because there may be changes to the items, taxes and other
databases.

--
*
"Jerry Penna" <jerrypenna@msn.com> wrote in message
Hi All~

I'm wondering if it's the expected behavior to have a POS on another
station sync every time a Z report is ran?  Should the database sync
every time?  I thought only when the POS was in offline status.

I don't believe the POS is offline everyday, but everyday when we take
a Z report, the database syncs with the POS with the database.

Is this expected?

0
spam3944 (2163)

Reinstalling POS
We have the 30 day trial version of Dynamics POS installed on a Back Office computer and a POS computer. Everything is working fine. My question is if we now activate and register the software with the supplied Product Key will we have problems in a couple of monthe when we plan on replacing our POS computer with a new one? Can we just install the software again on the new POS computer using the same Product Key and leave our Back Office computer the way it is? TIA Bob, You should not have a problem using the same product key when you switch machines, but you may have to activate by ph...

Print A Report Automatically
Hello, I am using MS-Access 2003. I need to print a report every Tuesday, at 0900. Can someone point me to some examples or samples??? Thank you, Charles L. Phillips Use Windows Task Manager to start Access every Tuesday, at 0900. Use an autoexec macro in the database to print the report and then close Access. You can find Windows Task Manager in Windows Help file and autoexec macro in Access Help file. "Quit" in the macro will close Access. PC Datasheet Providing Customers A Resource For Help With Access, Excel And Word Applications resource@pcdatasheet.com "Char...

Payables Trial Balance Report with Options
I am trying to run an A/P Trial Balance Report today that will give me the A/P balance at January 31, 2007. I keep getting the balance as as February 28, 2007. I've run the same report for A/R and am able to get the balance as at January 31, 2007. Currently using GP 9.0. With my previous employer who was also using GP 9.0, I sure that we were able to run an A/P Trial Balance report for a previous period. Does anyone have any suggestions as to what I my be missing or what may be set up incorrectly? -- JR JR, The only date that you can spcify on the Aged Trial Balance With Options, ...

Sync'ing with the thrid parties...
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0036_01C6BC8C.4F0419F0 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable I've got a bunch of accounts setup in 2007 - most of 'em are sync'ing = just fine. But there are two FIs that are giving me problems. One, for = instance is the Credit Union of Denver. They are listed as = participating, but through a thrid party provider: Additional Information and Services -------------------------------------------------------------------------= ------- Statements D...

Inter Exch Organization GAL sync
I need to automatically syncronize the GALs between 2 different Exchange organizations in different forests managed by different admins. Anyone know of any tools to do this? Thanks. MIIS Feature Pack will do it. Don't have the link handy, but microsoft.com/miis is a good place to start. -- Thanks, Brian Desmond Windows Server MVP www.briandesmond.com "simonsmith" <simonsmith@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:88C3291C-76E9-4892-B6E0-8FF69102D1FF@microsoft.com... >I need to automatically syncronize the GALs between 2 different Exchange > organi...

Sorting Payroll Precheck Report by Department
My organization is currently using Great Plains version 8.0 and was hopeful that this upgrade would allow our organization to sort our Payroll Precheck Report by department instead of alphabetically by Employee ID. All of our timesheets come to Finance by department and all of our processes and filing are by department due to the nature of our business. We currently have 120-125 employees that we pay biweekly. Our VAR has not been successful in modifing this report to sort by department due to the amount of employee time transactions that are performed for each pay run. Microsoft i...

Z-Axis Scale Adjustment for Contour Plots
How do you set the contour plot z-axis legend scale in 2007? In 2003 I could double click on the legend and then select the bottom point, range between points and top point of the z-axis scale. Also, is there a way to get rid of the 3-D look of 2007 and go back to the 2003 countour plot look with flat/uniform colors for a given range of data? > How do you set the contour plot z-axis legend scale in 2007? Activate the Layout or Format tab, and choose the Vertical (Value) Axis from the dropdown in the top left of the ribbon. (Yes, it's there even though it's a flat contour c...

Customizing the POS Screen
Is there a way to add Unit of Measure to the POS screen? I own a Garden Center, and it is critical that our sales staff knows this, because we sell items multiple units - so that they don't mess up. You can't change the display of the transaction screen itself, but you may be able to use a customized HTML Status page to display additional information, or an HTML Addin (see drilldown.htm) to display addtional information before adding the item to the transaction. You might also be able to do something with matrix or lot-matrix items to force a quantity selection. Check with y...

French RMS and POS available in Canada?
Are Microsoft RMS and POS available in French Canada? Thanks. We have the translation in French for France. Afshin Alikhani - [ afshin@retailrealm.co.uk ] CEO - Retail Realm = = = = = = = "Louis" <Louis@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:C947635D-0502-4382-9059-B1FA954370CB@microsoft.com... > Are Microsoft RMS and POS available in French Canada? Thanks. Thank you, but we need a French version for Canada, with local taxes and all (GST, QST...). Does any one know whether MS RMS and POS are available in French in Canada ? Thanks again. "Afshin A...

MRP workbench and Releases POs
We find that some POs raised and released after MRP is run appear in MRP workbench but others do not... I can only see that the lead time for the product (if its high) limits this ability to appear here, altho thinking that the PO has been raised, approved and released that it SHOULD appear on the workbench..?? Can someone confirm the requirements for a firm order to be included in the workbench screen..?? Thanks very much Theo :) ...

Reports won't run
I have been working on two reports. Now neither will run nor allow me to open in design mode. Can't imagine what happened? When I pulled in an old version of the same report - same thing. I opened the underlying query - looks fine. Anyone have any ideas? Thanks, Bonnie Sorry - I found one of the subreports was corrupt. When I recreated they all started working. "Bonnie" wrote: > I have been working on two reports. Now neither will run nor allow me to > open in design mode. Can't imagine what happened? When I pulled in an old > version of the sam...

Run SSRS stored procedure report from a CRM 2011 for a current record
Hi All, we need to run a SSRS report created via stored procedure for the current record in a custom CRM entity . we completed creating stored procedure , but pre-filtering is not working . when we tried to preview in visual studio it is picking up the lastest record values only . Could any one give some suggestion to resolve this issue ? Thanks, Sandy ...

Grouping and Sorting a Report On Open Event
I want to use a single report with pre-defined Group and Sort criteria and then Group/Sort on different Group Levels ( some or all groups). The following code works but gives me an Enter a Parameter False when running report. How do I turn off or suspend levels of Grouping rather than = False? If I remove the ControlSource.False, the reports grouops on three levels and not one as desired. Any help appreciated. Private Sub Report_Open(Cancel As Integer) On Error GoTo Report_Open_Err DoCmd.ShowToolbar "iTurns Command Bar", acToolbarNo Select Case Forms!Print...

POS
I purchased POS . Under the tools options my my screen for EDC configuration is to large to use the apply button. How do I size down this screen? ...

Reporting Services Sharepoint Add-in
I have recently setup SRSS in integrated mode and everything seems fine. I am using SQL Server 2005 with WSS 3.0 as part of a project server installation. Previously I had been using SRSS in native mode. The setup of SRSS has all completed successfully and I have gone in to Sharepoint Central administration and done all the Reporting Services configuration. I now want to set up a site on my server to publish all my reports to. However, the Report Center template that is constantly referred to is not available. Where do I go from here? ...

GP 10 AA Report Configuration
Ok.. we have AA active in a company, but have deselected all AA reports to print under Posting > Posting; however, the following report still prints to screen when processing comptuer cheques 'Analytical Accounting Edit List' Why? How do I remove this report from printing? Tx Les ...

sync, again
I'm noticing that all of my calendar items are in sync with my Windows smart phone. Some are there, some arent. Any ideas as to what's going on? I run Windows XP Pro and Office 2007 at home. My smart phone has windows 6.1 How do I tell if this is a Outlook poroblem or something else? Thanks. Sorry, I should have said are NOT in sync. "DH" wrote: > I'm noticing that all of my calendar items are in sync with my Windows smart > phone. Some are there, some arent. Any ideas as to what's going on? I run > Windows XP Pro and Office 2007 at home....

Text or Sub-report on even pages of a report
I would like to print "a standard text message" on even numbered pages of a report. This is akin to printing "disclaimers" on the back side of two-sided printing. I can see a way to do this using the "Page Footer" format event. Not having tried this before, can you offer any advice? Hi, you can put following code in page footer format event: Me.lblDisc.Visible = (Me.Page \ 2 = Me.Page / 2) where lblDisc is a label control with text message -- Best regards, ___________ Alex Dybenko (MVP) http://accessblog.net http://www.PointLtd.com ...

MS Money Project Leader needs FIRED- NO SYNC?
What in the heck was the idiot project leader for MS Money thinking when it was determined that Money 2007 shouldn't sync with a Pocket PC? And what is MS thinking when it determined that Windows Mobile 2005 wouldn't sync with ANY version of Money? People, I thought software and PDA's were supposed to HELP with productivity. What idiot is running the show at MS for their Mobile and productivity product lines? These two decisions have immediately kept me from buying MS Money 2007 (a product line I've used for YEARS) as well as upgrading to a newer Pocket PC. Way to go MS! ...

Bank Of America Credit Card
Damn it! Microsoft, whats going on here!!!! If I add my Bank Of America credit card account via MS it synchronizes the account and all is well. If I then sync Money 2005 it sees the acocunt and adds it. If I try to sync money 2005, it says that there is no provider available for my BoafA credit card. But! If I go back online I can do it via money. Now for the really annoying part.. Eventually, Money 2005 disables the online sync and the next time I sign on MSN its disabled here as well. This is clearly a problem with 2005 because I had no problems with 2004. Brian, here's the possi...

restrict file sync
Using Windows Home Server with an HP MediaServer and I've got two minor problems: 1. The Server Console says I need to update the HP media collector software on the client side but the client seems up to day (all HP updates are done) 2. I want to restrict the Media Collector to a certain file (F:/pictures) but it will only specify which drives to sync (e.g. all of F:). I can't seem to expand the drop menu in the mediacollector window beyond the root directory. Any ideas? Hi, this is the media center newsgroup, not the media collector group. You need to repost in an H...

Reporting Services + Microsoft CRM
Hi everyone, Don't know if I should post this message here or on the Reporting Services newsgroup. Anyway, I know that there is a problem when installing Reporting Services on a box that contains Windows Server 2003 & Microsoft CRM v1.2. Has anyone been able to overcome this limitation ? Thx in advance, Oliver Hi Olivier, What problem are you talking about? I've got this solution up and running in a client situation. SRS seems to be working for them a lot better then Crystal. The setup is not default though. We've got 2 servers. One database server and one frontend...

Pomocy z excelem,bo jestem zielona :(
Witam, Mam problem!Dosta?am polecenie,?eby stworzy? sobie szablon w kt�rym wpisz? sobie np. 10%, albo 7% a to mi automatycznie pozmienia ceny w kilku innych cennikach oczywi?cie excelowskich,konkretnie - obni?y je o tyle %. Przestudiowa?am ju? ksi?ge pt."pomoc excel",ale nic mi to nie pomog?o - nadal nie wiem od czego zacz?? :( Je?li kto? m�g?by mi pom�c to by?abym baaardzo wdzi?czna. Zdruzgotana net - maniaczka! hein ?? peut pas parler fran=E7ais can speak french ?? ...

Reports and 9.0 sp3
I installed 9.0 SP3 and 2007 year-end tax update last week and my users are reporting some differences in some payroll reports. Here is one... Precheck Report Transactions->Payroll->Calculate Checks There is more detail (and a larger number of pages) showing on the "Calculate Checks Report" (aka "Precheck Report"). Instead of a two-line summary of REGPAY and OT, there is a multi-line detail showing what looks like each day's totals. Did the "9.0 SP3 and 2007 year-end tax update" modify the precheck report in any way and is there a way to go back ...

For POS
Is there a way to enter a quantity prior to entering the Item #? It is time consumming to constantly touch the Edit Qty button after each item where you want more than one and then enter the quantity information. In RMS you can use the asterisk key. Something similar would be helpful with POS. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft ...