POS - Layaway Work Around

Hi I know POS can't accept deposits nor layaways. My question is, has anyone
figured out a procedural workaround for this?

-Luis

TIA
0
Luis (32)
9/3/2007 1:22:00 AM
pos 14173 articles. 0 followers. Follow

Hello Luis,
I am in the same boat as you are. I have a brand new "unsable" POS because
there is no way to have a lay away...
Is there a work around or should I stay with my old POS?

-- Fabien in seattle

"Luis" wrote:

> Hi I know POS can't accept deposits nor layaways. My question is, has anyone
> figured out a procedural workaround for this?
>
> -Luis
>
> TIA
0
Fabien (6)
9/24/2007 9:32:01 PM
Citi Provides gift cards that can be used as a work around. It still does
require some manual process. But, that's about the best I've heard yet.

"Fabien" wrote:

> Hello Luis,
> I am in the same boat as you are. I have a brand new "unsable" POS because
> there is no way to have a lay away...
> Is there a work around or should I stay with my old POS?
>
> -- Fabien in seattle
>
> "Luis" wrote:
>
> > Hi I know POS can't accept deposits nor layaways. My question is, has anyone
> > figured out a procedural workaround for this?
> >
> > -Luis
> >
> > TIA
0
Luis (32)
9/24/2007 10:08:02 PM
Thanks Luis.
This is very dispointing...
I make custom bicycles and sometimes customer put a 2k deposit... a gift
card is not an option as I need to track down all the deposit for tax
purpose...

--fabien

"Luis" wrote:

> Citi Provides gift cards that can be used as a work around. It still does
> require some manual process. But, that's about the best I've heard yet.
>
> "Fabien" wrote:
>
> > Hello Luis,
> > I am in the same boat as you are. I have a brand new "unsable" POS because
> > there is no way to have a lay away...
> > Is there a work around or should I stay with my old POS?
> >
> > -- Fabien in seattle
> >
> > "Luis" wrote:
> >
> > > Hi I know POS can't accept deposits nor layaways. My question is, has anyone
> > > figured out a procedural workaround for this?
> > >
> > > -Luis
> > >
> > > TIA
0
Fabien (6)
9/25/2007 7:58:03 PM
If you want advanced features such as layaways and deposits and such you
need to buy RMS. MSPOS is intended to be a replacement for a cash register
and not a complete POS system. It's really just Inventory control software
with customer tracking. If you read the marketing materials you will notice
that for layaways, quotes, deposits, gift cards, etc. they tell you you will
need RMS. I have a relatively small shop, but still chose RMS for all the
advanced features. The additional cost is negligable(about $350) compared to
all the added features you get with RMS versus MSPOS. I really don't
understand why they still have MSPOS because most people either
misunderstand the marketing materials or thought they could get along with
the limitations of MSPOS to save a few bucks, just to realize they are
disappointed with the lack of features.
Craig

"Fabien" <Fabien@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Thanks Luis.
> This is very dispointing...
> I make custom bicycles and sometimes customer put a 2k deposit... a gift
> card is not an option as I need to track down all the deposit for tax
> purpose...
>
> --fabien
>
> "Luis" wrote:
>
>> Citi Provides gift cards that can be used as a work around. It still does
>> require some manual process. But, that's about the best I've heard yet.
>>
>> "Fabien" wrote:
>>
>> > Hello Luis,
>> > I am in the same boat as you are. I have a brand new "unsable" POS
>> > because
>> > there is no way to have a lay away...
>> > Is there a work around or should I stay with my old POS?
>> >
>> > -- Fabien in seattle

0
craig6967 (916)
9/25/2007 8:33:38 PM
Oh so if I buy RMS, I can make it work with POS?
Where can I buy RMS?

--fabien

"Craig" wrote:

> If you want advanced features such as layaways and deposits and such you
> need to buy RMS. MSPOS is intended to be a replacement for a cash register
> and not a complete POS system. It's really just Inventory control software
> with customer tracking. If you read the marketing materials you will notice
> that for layaways, quotes, deposits, gift cards, etc. they tell you you will
> need RMS. I have a relatively small shop, but still chose RMS for all the
> advanced features. The additional cost is negligable(about $350) compared to
> all the added features you get with RMS versus MSPOS. I really don't
> understand why they still have MSPOS because most people either
> misunderstand the marketing materials or thought they could get along with
> the limitations of MSPOS to save a few bucks, just to realize they are
> disappointed with the lack of features.
> Craig
>
> "Fabien" <Fabien@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Thanks Luis.
> > This is very dispointing...
> > I make custom bicycles and sometimes customer put a 2k deposit... a gift
> > card is not an option as I need to track down all the deposit for tax
> > purpose...
> >
> > --fabien
> >
> > "Luis" wrote:
> >
> >> Citi Provides gift cards that can be used as a work around. It still does
> >> require some manual process. But, that's about the best I've heard yet.

0
Fabien (6)
9/25/2007 9:02:32 PM
RMS is MSPOS's sophisticated sister ;-) . You don't use them together, you
use one or the other. If you already bought MSPOS then you either continue
to use it with it's limitations, or you ditch it and buy RMS if you want all
the features.
Craig

"Craig" <craig@cctropicalparadisepets.com> wrote in message
> If you want advanced features such as layaways and deposits and such you
> need to buy RMS. MSPOS is intended to be a replacement for a cash register
> and not a complete POS system. It's really just Inventory control software
> with customer tracking. If you read the marketing materials you will
> notice that for layaways, quotes, deposits, gift cards, etc. they tell you
> you will need RMS. I have a relatively small shop, but still chose RMS for
> all the advanced features. The additional cost is negligable(about $350)
> compared to all the added features you get with RMS versus MSPOS. I really
> don't understand why they still have MSPOS because most people either
> misunderstand the marketing materials or thought they could get along with
> the limitations of MSPOS to save a few bucks, just to realize they are
> disappointed with the lack of features.
> Craig
>
> "Fabien" <Fabien@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> Thanks Luis.
>> This is very dispointing...
>> I make custom bicycles and sometimes customer put a 2k deposit... a gift
>> card is not an option as I need to track down all the deposit for tax
>> purpose...
>>
>> --fabien
>>
>> "Luis" wrote:
>>
>>> Citi Provides gift cards that can be used as a work around. It still
>>> does
>>> require some manual process. But, that's about the best I've heard yet.

0
craig6967 (916)

Reinstalling POS
We have the 30 day trial version of Dynamics POS installed on a Back Office computer and a POS computer. Everything is working fine. My question is if we now activate and register the software with the supplied Product Key will we have problems in a couple of monthe when we plan on replacing our POS computer with a new one? Can we just install the software again on the new POS computer using the same Product Key and leave our Back Office computer the way it is? TIA Bob, You should not have a problem using the same product key when you switch machines, but you may have to activate by ph...

Customizing the POS Screen
Is there a way to add Unit of Measure to the POS screen? I own a Garden Center, and it is critical that our sales staff knows this, because we sell items multiple units - so that they don't mess up. You can't change the display of the transaction screen itself, but you may be able to use a customized HTML Status page to display additional information, or an HTML Addin (see drilldown.htm) to display addtional information before adding the item to the transaction. You might also be able to do something with matrix or lot-matrix items to force a quantity selection. Check with y...

LoadString() not working
I have a resource only DLL that contains all string related resources. I use LoadString() to retrieve my string resources which has worked until now. I added two additional string resources and these particular resources fail to load. All original string resources load fine, it's just these two new ones that don't. GetLastError() returns 0. I've tried Rebuild All, I've tried deleting generated files like .aps, .ncb, .plg, ..opt. What else could it be? Thanks, Drew There is a call to set the resource handle to direct the resources to be loaded from your DLL. Look at AF...

inserting equations in Word document from MathType not working anymore
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Processor: Intel I've just starting using Snow Leopard after worked with Tiger previously. I'm noticing some odd behavior that's different than before. <br><br>I have the MathType 6 Insert Eqn button installed in Office 2008 for Mac. When I click on that, MathType opens. So far, so good. I type in my equation, but, when I'm finished editing or creating my equation, I'm used to clicking on the red button to close the MathType window and return to my Word document. When I do that now, my Word d...

group work on Publisher document
Can more than one person work simultaneously on the same document in Publisher 2003? -- Librarian02 Anne <Anne@discussions.microsoft.com> was very recently heard to utter: > Can more than one person work simultaneously on the same document in > Publisher 2003? No. -- Ed Bennett - MVP Microsoft Publisher ...

SetMessagePendingDelay not working?
I have a basic MFC app in which I call AfxOleInit and then AfxOleGetMessageFilter->SetMessagePendingDelay(-1) to disable the "Switch to..." dialogs. This eliminated the dialogs, except for one user running the program on Windows 2000 Server SP4. Are there any other settings which would override this method call? Why would only one user still get the dialogs? AfxOleGetMessageFilter()->EnableBusyDialog(FALSE); AfxOleGetMessageFilter()->EnableNotRespondingDialog(FALSE); "Ken" <gh7alss02@sneakemail.com> wrote in message news:dcdhrf$8gj$1@lenny.tc.umn.ed...

French RMS and POS available in Canada?
Are Microsoft RMS and POS available in French Canada? Thanks. We have the translation in French for France. Afshin Alikhani - [ afshin@retailrealm.co.uk ] CEO - Retail Realm = = = = = = = "Louis" <Louis@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:C947635D-0502-4382-9059-B1FA954370CB@microsoft.com... > Are Microsoft RMS and POS available in French Canada? Thanks. Thank you, but we need a French version for Canada, with local taxes and all (GST, QST...). Does any one know whether MS RMS and POS are available in French in Canada ? Thanks again. "Afshin A...

Start Button Does Not Work
I have lost all Left-Click functionality in the Start Button (Far Left Orb on the Task Bar) on my Vista Home Premium system. When I "click" on the button nothing happens. The Right-Click of the Start Button pops up a dialog box that shows (Open, Explore) and nothing else. Without the Start Button I am not able to access Run, Programs, Control Panel, Administrative Tools, etc from the Start Menu. This is a persistent problem. Fixes that prescribe removing and re-adding "explorer.exe" from the Processes Tab do not resolve the problem. Fixes that require ...

Sort-function of AutoFilter doesn't work, when sheet is protected
Hi there, I have a sheet with some columns of locked cells and an AutoFilter in the header-line of the sheet. I have to protect the worksheet to protect the formulas in some cells. When protecting, I choose to allow all users to use AutoFilter and Sort function. However, when I open the sheet in protected mode, I can use the AutoFilter-function to filter the data, but then cannot sort the data. A warning appears, that I have to unprotect the sheet in order to sort. Has anyone got an idea how to solve that? I'm using Excel 2003 SP2. Lucas. Make sure that all the cells in the range ...

MRP workbench and Releases POs
We find that some POs raised and released after MRP is run appear in MRP workbench but others do not... I can only see that the lead time for the product (if its high) limits this ability to appear here, altho thinking that the PO has been raised, approved and released that it SHOULD appear on the workbench..?? Can someone confirm the requirements for a firm order to be included in the workbench screen..?? Thanks very much Theo :) ...

Cell Not working
I have office 2002, my windows is home xp. Last week we had to reformat my xp, got a hold of a nasty worm! I just use a chart to display numbers in series. Now when I try it from an old sheet it inserts the number as a date? I keep trying to change the cell to GENERAL, but it dosen't work. Can't understand it. When you say you keep trying to re-format the cell as General, what result do you get? If I do it on a date cell (re-format) I get the date code (i.e. the value of the date). Ex. cells has "03-01-11", select cell and re-format to General = 37632. -- Regards; Ro...

Windows Explorer has stopped working
I keep getting a pop up saying something like "windows explorer has stopped working" and then says "windows explorer is restarting" but nothing ever happens it just keeps popping up! http://www.microsoft.com/communities/newsgroups/en-us/default.aspx?query=%22windows+explorer+has+stopped+working%22&dg=microsoft.public.windows.vista.general&cat=en_US_9CA88DDB-D18D-FA0E-A366-6E527B0FBA67&lang=en&cr=US&pt=&catlist=&dglist=&ptlist=&exp=&sloc=en-us "Joel Honrade" wrote: > I keep getting a pop up saying something like...

POS
I purchased POS . Under the tools options my my screen for EDC configuration is to large to use the apply button. How do I size down this screen? ...

Word stopped working, I saved however most of my work is gone?
I was working on a very imprortant Academic Guide... I typed 10 pages and then a pop up that said to diagnose and stop word... I did... have just gone back into word to finish... only 3 pages exist... I had saved on page 9... how do I find the rest? If you had saved on page 9, the document you saved should be still available. If Word crashed and re-opened invoking the recovery file, that file will be the version that was last saved by the recovery system. I would have thought that it would be at least the vesrion you saved, but conceivably not. If you save the recovered file wi...

Work Orders & Shipping
I have a customer who has set up a shipping carrier in Manager to "Charge By Total" to calculate shipping charges on Work orders. If a transcation has 2 items totaling 25.00, shipping is calculated at 12.95. However if you do a partial shipment RMS recalculates the shipping base on the total of the partial ship.And now the customer is charged 8.95 for each item shipped. Now the customer has been charged 17.90 for shipping. Other than manually overriding the shipping charge, is there some other work around so the customer isn't overcharged. Also, at the time the work order...

Found Page Border Template. But How Does it Work?
I have been looking for a way in excel to put a border around each pag printed (similar to Word's Page Border option). Apparently, so hav many other users. I found the attached excel file in response to a similar post b another user on this site but for the life of me a cannot figure ou how it does it. Are their any excel wizard's that can look at the attached excel fil and help me figure out how this file accomplishes the bodering of eac page? I cannot sleep until I know Attachment filename: page border template.xls Download attachment: http://www.excelforum.com...

Program works when running from debugger but not as an .EXE
Hi have a MFC program that reads voltage measurements from a mulitmeter via GPIB using VISA API. The program works find when running from the debugger but crash with the following error when running from the actual generated executable (and I even Debug executable not the Release executable). I using Visual C++ 6.0 running on Windows XP. I got the following error signature: AppName: arc.exe (this is my program) AppVer: 1.0.0.1 ModName: ntdll.dll ModVer: 5.1.2600.1217 Offset: 000085c0 any ideas? Please any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks. Have a look at this Article, it...

One OU works fine, other does not work at All for Exchange
Hi Everyone, I am new to Exchange, and have gotten it setup and working properly (or so I thought). Users who belong to the PowerUsers OU in Active Directory can access their Exchange mailboxes with no problem. Users in the OU setup for general users (lets call it XXXUsers) can not. I have verified that all settings in AD are the same for both types of users. Even attempting login through OWA causes the Exchange Server to 'burp' and request authentication, though the user is already logged into windows. This didn't happen with ANYONE in the power users group? Any t...

For POS
Is there a way to enter a quantity prior to entering the Item #? It is time consumming to constantly touch the Edit Qty button after each item where you want more than one and then enter the quantity information. In RMS you can use the asterisk key. Something similar would be helpful with POS. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft ...

"Forward to" altRecipient not working in script
I am trying to assign the "Forward to" value using a script. I write the value in distinguished name format to "altRecipient". I wait 15 minutes or more. But nothing shows up. Same for "DeliverAndForward". Does anyone know what I might be missing? Thanks very much in advance. Ron Proschan On Wed, 19 Jul 2006 10:59:01 -0700, Ron Proschan <RonProschan@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I am trying to assign the "Forward to" value using a script. I write the >value in distinguished name format to "altRecipient". I wait 1...

how do I log into my work email from home
how do I log into my work email from home Ask your work email Admin. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the (insert latest virus name here) virus, all mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. After furious head scratching, blampani asked: | how do I log into my work email from home ...

PS POS 2.0
Does POS 2.0 come with gift card functionality or is it only the RMS version of POS? The screenshots I have seen show a gift card tender type, but I havent been able to try a demo of it yet to see if it comes built in now or now. Thanks, --Mike It's there as "description" for a tender type. No extra function around it that I'm aware of. -- John M. "DomitianX" <DomitianX@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:5D75C630-2C67-4FAA-9819-063C2A0A40D3@microsoft.com... > Does POS 2.0 come with gift card functionality or is it only the RMS >...

OWA not working.
Hi, I have an exchange system, where i have created a new website under IIS .After configuration of the new website i am able get it from the URL , but the problem it that before the starting of the new website, the OWA is working from the URL by giving "http://computername/exchange",now it is not working at all from the URl. If i come under IIS -->default website --->exchange and give browse it is showing the OWA of administrator.and If i stop the new website, the OWA is getting fr...

E-mail Notification Not Working
For some reason whenever I post something on this forum I'm not getting the e-mail notification. I click the checkbox "Notify me of replies", but nothing. I've confirmed under my profile the correct e-mail address, but nothing. Anyone have any ideas? -- Cheers, Ryan I believe that is a Google interface application. One of their folks could have screwed it up during an update. That is why I switched to OE for my news reader interface. "Ryan H" <RyanH@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:1151463E-79E7-4AD0-A04C-036F65B10...

find contact not working
hi, my outlook 2002 find contact bar used to work. i used it all the time. bc of other issues i uninstalled OS, reinstalled (xp home), then reinstalled my office sw (xp small business). now find contact tells me "could not find contact" even though contact exists. any ideas why? thanks, n ...