POS- Invalid procedure call or argument-URGENT

newly installed RMS POS 2.0
it was working fine now if i'm trying to open POS i'm getting this error and
the POS wont start.
I'm getting the same error when starting the client, SO is working no problems
0
Dani (39)
3/29/2007 6:30:01 AM
pos 14173 articles. 0 followers. Follow

------=_NextPart_000_0A85_01C7720C.72FE9750

Dani,

Need more info, but did you install as an Administrator? =20

Have you tried running a repair install or install on top of itself?

Did it run through the registration process?

--=20

Jeff=20
Check Point Software

=3D=3D=3D

newsgroup reader to
follow
newsreader"

http://tinyurl.com/75bgz
=3D=3D=3D

  "Dani" <Dani@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message =
  newly installed RMS POS 2.0
  it was working fine now if i'm trying to open POS i'm getting this =
error and=20
  the POS wont start.
  I'm getting the same error when starting the client, SO is working no =
problems
------=_NextPart_000_0A85_01C7720C.72FE9750

<HTML><HEAD>
<STYLE></STYLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY bgColor=3D#ffffff>
<DIV><FONT color=3D#008000>Dani,</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT color=3D#008000>Need more info, but did you install as an=20
Administrator?&nbsp; </FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT color=3D#008000>Have you tried running a repair install or =
install on=20
top of itself?</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT color=3D#008000>Did it run through the registration=20
process?</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><BR>-- <BR><BR>Jeff <BR>Check Point Software</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=
=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
of=20
you are=20
Express.&nbsp;=20
on the=20
right.</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><A=20
<BR></DIV>
<BLOCKQUOTE=20
  <DIV>"Dani" &lt;<A=20
  =
href=3D"mailto:Dani@discussions.microsoft.com">Dani@discussions.microsoft=
..com</A>&gt;=20
  wrote in message <A=20
  =
href=3D"news:5782A5C3-D0FF-4502-AB78-0160C4130F68@microsoft.com">news:578=
2A5C3-D0FF-4502-AB78-0160C4130F68@microsoft.com</A>...</DIV>newly=20
  installed RMS POS 2.0<BR>it was working fine now if i'm trying to open =
POS i'm=20
  getting this error and <BR>the POS wont start.<BR>I'm getting the same =
error=20
  when starting the client, SO is working no =
problems</BLOCKQUOTE></BODY></HTML>

------=_NextPart_000_0A85_01C7720C.72FE9750--

0
cptsoft (1248)
3/29/2007 9:13:39 PM
Jeff,
yes it was installed under admin, it was working fine for a few days, we
were just typing in the items.
no i didn't do a repair.
yes it was registered fine with no problems.

"Jeff @ Check Point Software" wrote:

> Dani,
>
> Need more info, but did you install as an Administrator?
>
> Have you tried running a repair install or install on top of itself?
>
> Did it run through the registration process?
>
> --
>
> Jeff
> Check Point Software

> You must be using Outlook Express/Windows Mail or some other type of newsgroup reader to
> see and download the file attachment(s).  If you are not using a reader, follow
> under the MS Retail Management System on the right.
>
> http://tinyurl.com/75bgz
>
>   "Dani" <Dani@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:5782A5C3-D0FF-4502-AB78-0160C4130F68@microsoft.com...
>   newly installed RMS POS 2.0
>   it was working fine now if i'm trying to open POS i'm getting this error and
>   the POS wont start.
>   I'm getting the same error when starting the client, SO is working no problems
0
Dani (39)

COM Call
Hi How to register com component in the Great plains ? Regards Guru Look in Dexterity Help under "Referencing type libraries". Jarek Wyganowski [MSFT] Software Development Engineer Microsoft Business Solutions http://www.microsoft.com/BusinessSolutions Any views contained within are my personal views and not necessarily Microsoft Business Solutions policy. This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. "Guru" wrote: > Hi > > How to register com component in the Great plains ? > > Regards > Guru ...

POS 2009 -Batches
I am having some trouble understanding what starts a new batch. Each night, I have entered the closing amounts, settled credit transactions and then Z report. Closed POS 2009 and shutdown. In the morning, when I go to Open/Close to add open amounts, I check batches and find that a batch is already open and it was opened the day before at the exact time that I pulled the Z Report. Am I doing something wrong? Help...I am wasting receipt paper running a ZZ with nothing in it, if only to keep my batches current for the right day. Thanks. Maolin, There is always an open batch for each r...

How to put an XML called from an URL into a Recordset
Dear friends I'm using the below code that uses a fixed xml file like "news.xml" I would like to know how to put an XML called from an URL into a Recordset. Is there a way to read data from an URL? Something like http://www.xpto.com/news.xml Dim objRS Set objRS = Server.CreateObject("ADODB.RecordSet") objRS.ActiveConnection = "Provider=MSDAOSP; Data Source=MSXML2.DSOControl.2.6;" objRS.Open(Server.MapPath("news.xml")) Robson Carvalho Machado wrote: > I'm using the below code that uses a fixed xml file > like "news.xml&quo...

Making form based on stored procedure
I have an Access ADP and a SQL Server database. I am a newbie with SQL Server and ADP. I'm trying to make a form that will update a SQL Server table using a stored procedure that I have created. How do I go about this? Do I need code? I noticed that I can make a query by going into the record source very similarly to an Access query and it works. But I don't want a regular query, I want a stored procedure. Can anyone explain it? I'm using Access 2007 and SQL Server 2008 Express. ...

rss feed : escaped invalid xml chars display incorrectly in browser
I am using StringBuilder to build a string containing xml that is Response.Write() to the browser as an rss feed. To replace invalide xml chars, I am using code fragments such as xmlDocument.Append("<description>"); xmlDocument.Append(SecurityElement.Escape(productDescription)); xmlDocument.Append("</description>"); The xml string I generate does validate as a valid rss feed at http://validator.w3.org/feed/check.cgi However, when displayed in the browser, the escaped chars are not translated back to their original chars, so I get displayed text such as : ...

how to send an xml dataset to a Stored Procedure in mssql
how to send an xml dataset to a Stored Procedure in mssql I have an xml file that I read into a dataset. and I'm trying to use a stored procedure (see SPROC #1 below) that inserts this xml dataset into an sql table via OpenXML. Nothing gets inserted into the sql table except nulls, so I think that perhaps I'm not actually sending the (xml) dataset to the SPROC. The code below fails on this line: sqlCommand1.ExecuteNonQuery(); (The SPROC works fine when I run it in Query Analyzer and SET the xml file directly as a string. See the SPROC #2 below) What do I need to do to send t...

CHtmlView::OnGetDropTarget() and CMyOleDropTarget::OnDrop() not called
Hi, I'm using CHtmlView::OnGetDropTarget() to replace the default MSHTML IDropTarget with my own. That is fine and I get calls to my OnDragEnter(), OnDragOver(), but not OnDrop(). My CMyOleDropTarget::OnDrop() function is never called. Instead CMainFrame::OnDropFiles() is called. Further returning DROPEFFECT_NONE, DROPEFFECT_LINK etc. from OnDragEnter() and OnDragOver() don't change the mouse cursor. It is always displayed as a DROPEFFECT_COPY (plus + pointer). Any suggestions to get CMyOleDropTarget::OnDrop() being called are most welcome. -- Neville Franks, "Save what your...

POS Randomly shuts down
I have a customer whos RMS POS randomly shuts down. They will be fiished with a transaction and are getting ready fo the next and the POS will shut down with no warning. They are using RMS 1.2 Make sure that you don't have a label printer configured as your default Windows printer. If you are using a PINPad & Debit, try turning off the Status.html display (Crtl-F6). Glenn Adams Tiber Creek Consulting http://www.tibercreek.com glenn@tibercreek.com ---------------------------------------------- Please DO NOT respond to me directly but post all responses here in the newsgroup so...

Why is not my event handler called when doing serialization resp deserialization
Hi! Below is a complete rather easy program to understand that using a CustomFormatter that is defined here. What I don't understand in this program is why my four event hander are not called. According to the documentation they should be called. This one should be called before serialization. [OnSerializing] public void OnSerializingthisthod(StreamingContext context) { var2 = "This value went into the object just before serialization."; } and this should be called after serialization [OnSerialized] public void OnSerializedthisthod(StreamingContext contex...

URGENT: WINDOWS 8 is ANNOUNCED for July 2011!
Think Windows7 just came out & too young? Welcome to the brave future: Windows8! 1) Windows 8 To Contain New Anti-Hacking Software. Our group is on a mission to build a rich, powerful platform to help protect Microsoft products against piracy. Here is your chance to join a team of exceptional developers as we build an extensible cross-company platform to support this vision. This is a fast-paced group that rewards smart and motivated individuals. Some may consider anti-piracy measures similar to whistling in the wind, but that's certainly not the case. George has posts in W...

POS behavior/program flow around posting transaction
I'm debugging an add-in, and I'm seeing what I think is strange behavior from POS (2.0114). What I'm seeing happens on my development box AND a "clean" register (has no add-in code of any kind present). It happens regardless of if the transaction is completed/tendered, or if the cashier does an F8/No Sale, or if they hit 'ESC' to cancel the transaction (same as F8, in theory). When "completing" a transaction, here's what happens: - Enter tender, click 'Ok' (or hit F8 and confirm the cancel) - Post Transaction window/Change display is ...

Phone Call Accepted by = Sender of Phone Call
Hi I have a workflow where a phone call is created when a new lead is entered and assigned to the leads queue. I want to have a workflow which puts the sender of the phone call = name of the person who accepts the phone call. How do i go about this. I am using crm 4.0. The person who makes the phone call could be different to the person who creates the lead therefore i want to capture the person who makes the phone call. I would really appreciate some help. Kind Regards Snow White ...

Problem calling my function in subclassed CEdit control
Hi, Am quite new to MFC and i am hoping someone can help me out with this problem. I have consulted earlier posts on this topic but still no joy. I am writing a dialog based app. I have subclassed the CEdit control(CMyEdit)in order to process the ENTER key when pressed in the control. I prefer this option rather than overiding PreTranslateMessage. My intention is to call a member function of my dialog class CABCDlg::OnBnClickedSearch() when ENTER is pressed in the CMyEdit control.I do this by sending a message to the dialog box when handling WM_CHAR messages in OnChar() However, ENTER does...

URGENT mde to mdb
I have a mde database. Mdb format has deleted. Also when I have saved this mde file, someone was working on it and that ldb file is also missing. Now when I try to open the file without its workgroup security file, the error message is "Unrecognized database". If I try to open the the file within its workgroup security file, the error (not exact words) "someone has tried to changed the data..." So, without ldb and mde files how can I recover at least the tables and queries? The fact that the ldb file is missing is irrelevant: they're supposed to be deleted by the las...

Need help with a stored procedure
I know I need a course in SQL but I need to fix this before that happens. Below is a procedure that use to work before I changed ASC to DESC in four places. I probably needed to do more to make it descend instead of ascend. Now I always get the same data returned. I believe it is the data at the end of the stored data (i.e, the last page) even when the desired page is 1 If you see what is wrong I'd sure like to know. Maybe you can help me understand the procedure a little. Does the IF get run and then the SELECT @rowCount=COUNT(*) FROM announcements and then the SET R...

"Waiting..." Dialog Box after print call?
Hey. I was wondering if people get a "Waiting..." pop-up dialog box when printing. It only happens when there is a whole lot on the screen to print. It occurs after the Printing Properties Window disappears. The problem is, the "Waiting..." dialog appears on the printed document. Is there a way to set this not to pop-up? I looked at OnPrint, OnDraw, etc. and did not see anything on it. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks... It depends on how you are obtaining the bitmap. If you are grabbing the screen bitmap, for example, you you should grab it before you...

Vista Ultimate, Invalid Disk Pack
Hi! A weird problem. I used to have 3 USB disks (dynamic GPT) running fine under Vista Ultimate. Then I made a fresh Windows 7 Home Premium install. Noticing that it didn't recognise my disks (and other problems as well), I decided to go back to Vista Ultimate (using Windows.old). But now the original Vista Ultimate installation didn't recognise them either! They have status Invalid in Disk Management Console. DISKPART sees the disks, and also the partitions, but it doesn't appear to find any volumes. Any command I try to do returns the error message that it is no...

URGENT: Reinstall of HQ and restore of backup
My HQ server all of a sudden started saying Cannot Connect To Database. When I go into HQ Admin and try to connect it says that login for 'sa' is incorrect, which it is not. I have run into this same thing before with a store ops computer. It seems like MSDE gets corrupted during a Windows Update. Anyway, I have a backup of my database from last night and I just backed up the .mdf file also just in case. My questions is, when I reinstall MSDE and HQ Server and HQ Manager, what steps do I need to go through after restoring my backup to make sure HQ gets all of the data missing b...

Pivot table grouping (URGENT!)
Hi All, I have a pivot table which has currency amounts in the column and a count of claims in the data area. I have grouped by 100, starting at 0 running to 600. The only thing I'm questioning is when it gets to 200 I think its including any spend in the group 100-200 then again in the group 200-300. Is there anyway I can get the grouping to run from 0-100, then 101-200, 201-300 etc? Please advise -- Adam ----------- Windows 98 + Office Pro 97 When you group by 100, the groups shouldn't overlap. If you start at 0, it should automatically group by 0-99, 100-199, etc. Adam w...

POS 2.0 Barcode type
Is there any way to set the bar code type to multiple items at once? Setting the bar code type of 1500 items does not sound like fun to me. sql. this topic was just mentioned, search the ng. "Jeff" <Jeff@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:E2384760-380F-4CAE-8F89-63F296EB04B8@microsoft.com... > Is there any way to set the bar code type to multiple items at once? > Setting > the bar code type of 1500 items does not sound like fun to me. Jeff, there is also a Knowledge Base article, but you must have access to Customersource. If you don't get ...

Create Discount Usage Report on POS (not RMS)
We would like to generate a report that provides us with the number of discounted sales and resulting proceeds discounted we have each month (e.g., employees of a nearby school district receive a 10% discount). POS does not have as robust of reporting feature as we require. The built-in reports are fairly lame and do not get as granular as we'd like. Can anyone point us to a solution? CustomerSource offers VERY little for the POS product. M Kalmus ...

POS/RMS: Adding $ amounts when closing
Hi, it would be very convenient if you added a small feature to Closing. I just want to be able to add up my credit card receipts or cash right in the POS closing window instead of using a separate calculator. Can you make it compute functions using a "+" so that instead of adding 10 different receipts on a calculator and then typing the amount into POS, I could just type things like +107+178+254+212 to come up with a total sum of 751 when I press enter key. Kind of like Excel. This would be very useful but easy thing for you to program in. ---------------- This post is a s...

Making Calls directly from Outlook
Hi! I'm using the O2 PDAphone which runs on Microsoft Mobile. I connect it to my laptop and syncs it with Outlook most of the time while I am in the office. I have a colleague who's using a Sony Ericsson phone, and she is able to place calls directly through Outlook using the 'Call Contact' function. Is there any way I can do the same? I find that very convenient, instead of searching through my contacts on the PDAphone manually. Has anyone done it before, please enlighten me. Thanks to all! CQ ...

SendUsing"configuration value is invalid #2
Hi Ron That was one of the first thing I did and continue to receive the sam error message. Jo -- jpal ----------------------------------------------------------------------- jpalm's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1617 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=27596 Are you online -- Regards Ron de Bruin http://www.rondebruin.nl "jpalm" <jpalm.1fd4un@excelforum-nospam.com> wrote in message news:jpalm.1fd4un@excelforum-nospam.com... > > Hi Ron > > That was one of the first thing I did ...

Call manaaged C# dll function from unmanaged C++.NET
I have a 3rd party application that can reference external dll's. The dll's have to be written in unmanaged code with an exported function I can reference and call. I would like it to call a C# dll file but it cant call a managed C# dll. I need to create an unmanaged C++.net wrapper for a Managed C# dll. Does anyone know how to do this? can you please give me a simple example of what the C++.Net code would look like to do this Take for example my C# dll has this functio public int ExposedFunction(int X1, int X2 return (X1+X2) What would the C++.Net code look like to call t...