POS Extended Amount Flips to Positive on a return when changed?

Microsoft Retail Manager Version 1.3.1002

Hi,

I recently had a problem balancing when i noticed that a return i processed
was incorrectly journaled. Generating a detailed sales report also
illustrated the same error. The quantity sold was -1, the sold price was -ve
but the total sale was +ve, whereas when correct the quantity sold is -1 the
sold price is +ve and the total sale is -ve.

How This Happened:
In POS I processed the return in what I thought was the usual manner. I
pressed the return button and then because the item being returned had a
reduced value I changed the extended price thinking that the change would be
accepted. I processed this quickly not noticing the amount had changed to a
positive. Again I didn't notice it when I tendered the item and this threw
out my sales for the day.

Post error testing of this problem with a fake inventory item proved the
error for myself and allowed me greater understanding of the program.

I realized with returning that i could change the sale price and still keep
the final tender as a refund which it should have been but wasn't when I was
changing the extended value.

Is there any way to stop staff changing extended values to inhibit this
error from being made again?

Kind Regards
chrisjb
0
chrisjb (1)
3/28/2007 2:06:17 AM
pos 14173 articles. 0 followers. Follow

How to delete or permantly change logo in personal settings
When I was just learnng how to do publisher I created a logo and Iwant to change it in the permanant settings for the personal information. I cannot delete it or edit it. Also on the other 3 settings for secondary, home etc. it does not alowany logo at all. Anyone know? Locate the following files and delete them: Primary Business - biz1logo.jsp Secondary Business - biz2logo.jsp Other Organization - Orglogo.jsp Home/Family - Perslogo.jsp -- Brian Kvalheim Microsoft Publisher MVP http://www.publishermvps.com This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no ...

Odd return situation...
A customer bought three items with cash. Two days later they returned two of them, but I had insufficient cash in my till to hand over. I wrote them a check (and entered the correct "splits" in Quickbooks, including Sales tax refunded). I then manually adjusted the quantities of these two items in Manager. Was that a bad idea? What should I have done instead? Used Store Ops to do a return but then changed to price to zero for the two items? Thanks. ______________________________________________________ Larry Leveen OlyBikes Bikes, Parts, Repairs & GREAT Customer Service! ...

Change cell background color based on content that results from li
This could be very simple, but I will lay the groundwork first. I have a schedule spreadsheet that I import data to from a web based program. There are existing filters to remove all formatting of the data and remove that which we do not use. What remains is a non formatted sheet that other workbooks link to so we can produce daily sheets. Now the data that is linked on the other sheets may be for example the number 150. It appears throughout the sheet and I would like to color any cell that contains the number 150. The problem is I can't search for 150 because it reall...

Save a Copy/Overwrite changes dialog box
All of a sudden, this dialog box pops up every time I want to save something in Excel 2002. The box says, "The file '<file name>' may have been changed by another user since you last saved it. In that case, what do you want to do? __ Save a Copy __ Overwrite changes even though I'm the only user that's changed anything in the past 3 years. The shared workbook command has not been changed at all, so that can't be the problem. The settings are the same as the ones I have at home for personal spreadsheets that don't have this dialog box. Help! Than...

How to change GAL from outlook
Hello I posted this to the other group but this might be more suitable: Background: I'm now connected to our domain example.local. Domain controller is W2K and has Exchange 2000 installed. I have Outlook 2002 on my XP pro. Address book and mails are working fine. Problem: I need change my Outlook to connect to other Exchange (let's call it E2) outside of our domain. I have managed to do that but Outlook shows global address book from my domain instead of E2. I don't need to use old exchange anymore but there are users that are still connected to the old one so I cannot...

Change the icon on Microsoft apps files?
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0012_01CA9CFE.DD0ACFE0 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Can anyone tell me how to change the icon on a Microsoft file/shortcut = -- for example, an excel spreadsheet or MCE recording? ------=_NextPart_000_0012_01CA9CFE.DD0ACFE0 Content-Type: text/html; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable <!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.0 Transitional//EN"> <HTML><HEAD> <META con...

how do i change or remove a signiture that is under outo text hea.
Someone please help i am using outlook 2003 and i am triyng to change a signiture that is under auto text. to get into it i open a message push insert then outo text then signiture. I want to change it. I have closed the untilted message gone to tools then options then mail format then signitures then remove all the signitures but the signiture under insert and outo text is still there See if this helps: http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/word/HP051860291033.aspx -- Bill R "nearly bald with frustration" <nearly bald with frustration@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote i...

Changing default address book from Global to Contacts
I would like to change the Outlook 2000 default of listing the Global Adress book from our internal network to opening our shared business contacts when you click the "To:" button when addressing a new email. Does anybody know how to accomplish this? Thank you in advance. Go to Tools > Options > Addressing Tab and choose which Contacts folder to show first. -- Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook] "Brad Streeeer" <brad@aerospecialties.com> wrote in message news:0b2501c3c3f4$f69d8220$a501280a@phx.gbl... > I would like to change the Outlook 2000 default of listing &...

Getting back a deleted test frame after saving the changes
My son just deleted a text frame with all his work and started a new text frame and then when asked if he wanted to save his work he clicked yes. Is there any way to retrieve that missing text frame when it won't allow you to undo? On Sat, 27 Aug 2005 16:04:01 +0100, Denise wrote (in article <09056FDE-03FC-4988-8AB0-D1EA0896BFC7@microsoft.com>): > My son just deleted a text frame with all his work and started a new text > frame and then when asked if he wanted to save his work he clicked yes. Is > there any way to retrieve that missing text frame when it won't a...

Excel Look up and Return Data
Hello all, I have a "data table" in one Excel file (call it DATA, the table is sorted on a field called 'CODE') and a second Excel file (call it FORMULA). I need to lookup information from the DATA table and return it to the FORMULA file, this will be done by matching a Raw Material Code number from the FORMULA file to the DATA table. When the code is matched, I would like to return 5 consecutive cells (in 5 consecutive columns) of data to the FORMULA file. Currently, I am using 5 vLookup functions to do this in the 5 consecutive cells. I am doing this to try to ...

Returning Data from a third cell in same row that meets two other
I'm looking for a formula that will return a result from a cell on a same row as two other cells that meet certain criteria. I'm sure there is a way to do this but i am a novice at this kind of stuff and can't seem to figure it out. For example i want a cell to = what is in column E when column A="36751" and when column B="Total Returns" The spreadsheet has 55000 rows. there will only be one instance where both these criteria are met. i want to use this to create a seperate spreadsheet with just info i need and can update on a daily basis. thanks in ...

Visual Basic Macros, relative position
Dear Experts, I am making a report, and I have a set of data, in a very looong row: MKT_VAL NET_ASSETS TOT_ASSETS 46 51 51 6233 6228 6228 Over 100 fields. I need this data to be changed to run down a column. MKT_VAL 46 6233 NET_ASSETS 51 6228 TOT_ASSETS 51 6228 I tried to make a macro to do this. It would be run after I copied and pasted the three column cells into another area. Sub ShiftNullData() ' ' ShiftNullData Macro ' Macro recorded 11/14/2006 by Rodger Lepinsky ' ' Keyboard Shortcut: Ctrl+q ' Range("A18").S...

changing entry's quickly #4
I have aproximately 5000 entries for product codes. My problem is this: I need to get rid of the last two digits of each code quickly. For example: I need to change 0234600 to 02346 is there a simple wa to do this? It needs to be done in text format because of the zero a the start of each product. Thank -- cj2 ----------------------------------------------------------------------- cj21's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=2567 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=39095 ...

How to change caption on 'apply' button in a CPropertySheet-derived class?
Hi, Does anyone know how to change the caption on the 'apply' button in a CPropertySheet-derived class? I derived a class CPlotSettingsDialog1. Here is it's OnCreate. int CPlotSettingsDialog1::OnCreate(LPCREATESTRUCT lpCreateStruct) { if (CPropertySheet::OnCreate(lpCreateStruct) == -1) return -1; CRect WindowRect; GetWindowRect(&WindowRect); WindowRect.bottom = WindowRect.bottom + 60; MoveWindow(&WindowRect); return 0; } all the code does is make the bottom of the property sheet a bit longer. It still has the 3 default buttons. I need to either re-caption t...

columns changed to numbers instead of letters?
I noticed my excel clumns have changed from letters to numbers and forumlas now look like =RC[-1]*R[-3]C[6] I was trying to make the R[-3]C[6] static (using the $) but it errors. Thanks Mike In Excel Options uncheck "R1C1 Reference Style" Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP On Thu, 28 Oct 2010 20:25:30 -0400, Mike <no_please@not.com> wrote: >I noticed my excel clumns have changed from letters to numbers and >forumlas now look like =RC[-1]*R[-3]C[6] >I was trying to make the R[-3]C[6] static (using the $) but it errors. >Thanks >Mike ...

send email when case notes change?
Hello, Is there any way to configure the workflow so that an email can be sent when the notes of a case have changed? Thanks, Shan McArthur - VP, Technology ADXSTUDIO Inc. | 200 - 1445 Park Street | Regina, SK Canada | S4N 4C5 Tel: 306.569.6502 | Toll-Free: 800.508.7811 ext. 502 | Fax: 306.569.8518 You cannot create a workflow for note. I think the only way to achive your goal is to write a custom PostUpdate callout for the Annotation (Note). You could check if the note is related to the entity of type "case" (objecttypecode) and only then send some custom e-mail. ...

number changes to date ... how do I change
I am trying to do an "age" range: 1-9 10-19 20-29 Instead I get September 9, 2004 or October 19 I can't figure out how to change it. Please help! Thank you! kk Format->Cells->Number Change the type to Text, and it should keep everything the way you want it. If you don't specify a type, Excel takes a guess based on what you enter. Hope that helps. -Bob --- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ ...

No PostUpdate callout when change owner?
I have craeted an audit function but I don't get any post update callouts when i change the owner of an entity alla other attributes works fine. How do i get post update callout for owner change? In the callout config file i use @all to track all attributes. // Mats Changing the owner generates a PostAssign post callout. Just as changing the state generates a PostState post callout. And deleting a record generates a PostDelete post callout. etc... (BTW, you can save a whole lot of time, and purchase an audit solution that will work for all CRM 3.0 entities, custom fields, and cu...

How to change ALL comma in a CEdit into double byte comma?
Hi, I use Visual C++ 4.2. I've got questions here: I have to change an application behavior here, there is a CEdit in the application which receive user input. The change I should make is : If there is a comma ( , ) character, I must change it into double-byte comma ( usually in Kanji / Japanese writing ) How to change those all comma characters to <space> character? Thank you very much. I would make sure the program is compiled to use Unicode. Then modify the strings to contain the characters you need before adding them to the edit controls (before call to SetWindowText()...

Lookup returning incorrect results
Anybody have an idea why I keep getting incorrect lookup results. In sheet 1, I have a list of "Sales Codes" in col A. In sheet 2, I have a list of data that with column A for "Sales Codes" and column B for associated "Sales Reps". I want to insert a column in sheet 1 that contains lookup formulas to pull the correct sales rep for each sales code . Both sheets are sorted in ascending order by Sales code. My lookup formula in sheet 1, Lookup col B: =LOOKUP(A2,Sheet2!$A$2:$B$4,Sheet2!$B$2:$B$4) The returned results from the above lookup formula are incorrect....

POS 2009 Accounting integration
Does anyone know if the new version, POS 2009, will integrate with Microsoft Office Accounting? I need to upgrade my Quickbooks, but I'd rather switch to Microsoft Accounting, instead. The only thing keeping me from switching is the POS integration. Keep your QuickBook and integrate POS2009 to it. Afshin Alikhani - afshin@rrdisti.com Retail Realm = = = = = = = = = "Julie" <Julie@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:E36DC5A5-9AB4-45EC-AB5B-5D50AE163EC1@microsoft.com... > Does anyone know if the new version, POS 2009, will integrate with > Microsoft &...

Changing icon for list item
Hi all, I would like to change the icon for the first column of the list control in report view. Right now, the method I used is remove the LVITEM at that location and reinsert at the exact same place with a different icon. I know this is not efficient compared to directly changing the icon. I had tried GetItem adn SetItem but even though i specified a different icon using the index into the imagelist, it still won't change. Could someone please enblighten me on this? thank you very much. Hallo Lonewolf! > I would like to change the icon for the first column of the list &...

Changing barcode type in RMS 1.3
Is there a way to change bar code type for all items all at once? After importing to RMS 1.3 from QS200 all items show bar code type "none" What is the best/standard type of bard codes to use. Thanks Hi Robert, You can run the SQL Query to update it what you like: Use SO Administrator Query option: Update Item Set Barcodeformat=2 The above no 2 means the 2nd barcode from the list of barcode. so if you want "codebar" you can put 4. Please rate this. "Robert" wrote: > Is there a way to change bar code type for all items all at once? > After imp...

changing the default type of searching in the find function
When I try to search something in Excel 2003 the default LOOK IN type is FORMULAS. How do I set VALUE as default? Saved from a previous post: Excel tries to help by remembering the last settings you used--except for the first search in that session. You can use that to your advantage. You could make a dummy workbook and put it in your xlStart folder. Have a macro in that workbook that does a find (and sets all the stuff the way you like). Then closes and gets out of the way. Option Explicit Sub auto_open() Worksheets("sheet1").Cells.Find What:="", After:=A...

sending v cards, changing address settings #2
Hi i use outlook 2003, When I send a v card, the address fields change to businness, which is normally blank. I have set the home address as the address to use as mail address, but still this happens. I tried forwarding the contacts, not as v cards, which does not have the same problem, but found this duplicates the contact in my outlook. any ideas thanks tim ...