POS and Accounting

I have MS Dynamics POS and MS Accounting 2007 integrated on a network and
they are talking and sharing info. What I need to know is how can I set up a
charge account for customers and be ale to ring up a charge on the POS
computer and have it show up in the accounting software. The problem I am
having is I ring up a charge at the POS and it subtracts from the inventory,
and then when I create an invoice for the same item it subtracts from the
inventory once again. Is there a way around this problem?
0
HalinNE (2)
2/23/2009 9:45:02 PM
pos 14173 articles. 0 followers. Follow

On Feb 23, 4:45=A0pm, Hal in NE <Hali...@discussions.microsoft.com>
wrote:
> I have MS Dynamics POS and MS Accounting 2007 integrated on a network and
> they are talking and sharing info. What I need to know is how can I set u=
p a
> charge account for customers and be ale to ring up a charge on the POS
> computer and have it show up in the accounting software. The problem I am
> having is I ring up a charge at the POS and it subtracts from the invento=
ry,
> and then when I create an invoice for the same item it subtracts from the
> inventory once again. Is there a way around this problem?

Have you tried to contact the customer support team?
I have used them many times and they are very helpful.
They have different levels of support members to help even the most
complicated questions and problems regarding their POS Software.

U.S./Canada
Toll-free (1) (888) 477-7989

Worldwide
(1) (701) 281-6500

Availability and hours of operation:
Monday=96Friday, 8:00 A.M.=966:00 P.M. Central Time (UTC-6) in the U.S.
and Canada.

Support,
www.AlexandriaComputers.com

any good accounts payable templates?
Can anyone suggest a template that is for accounts payable? A version to modify of another style, maybe? Office Template Gallery search. http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/templates/results.aspx?qu=accounts+payable&av=TPL000 Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP On Thu, 1 Apr 2010 11:48:14 -0700, Jane in RC Cali <Jane in RC Cali@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Can anyone suggest a template that is for accounts payable? A version to >modify of another style, maybe? ...

Reinstalling POS
We have the 30 day trial version of Dynamics POS installed on a Back Office computer and a POS computer. Everything is working fine. My question is if we now activate and register the software with the supplied Product Key will we have problems in a couple of monthe when we plan on replacing our POS computer with a new one? Can we just install the software again on the new POS computer using the same Product Key and leave our Back Office computer the way it is? TIA Bob, You should not have a problem using the same product key when you switch machines, but you may have to activate by ph...

registering Chase to my MoneyPlus account
I am using a card which was first owned by Countrywide and then Chase took over it. Then the problem started for downloading the transactions. i stopped the online and then tried to reregister with chase. I always get the message "For your protection, Chase requires you to sign up to use online services with Money. ". I called chase, they mentioned they don't restrict in any way in that form. Help is apprecitaed. I am not sure how Chase deals with CC only customers. I have checking/savings/cc accounts with Chase. Chase does require that you set up automatic downloads fo...

Customizing the POS Screen
Is there a way to add Unit of Measure to the POS screen? I own a Garden Center, and it is critical that our sales staff knows this, because we sell items multiple units - so that they don't mess up. You can't change the display of the transaction screen itself, but you may be able to use a customized HTML Status page to display additional information, or an HTML Addin (see drilldown.htm) to display addtional information before adding the item to the transaction. You might also be able to do something with matrix or lot-matrix items to force a quantity selection. Check with y...

Getting a general Error when creating a new account...
Hello, I am getting a general error "An error has occurred. For more information, contact your system administrator. " When creating an account. I only recieve this error when i put information in the "Account Name" field. I can fill out all information except Account Name. This was all working in previous months, just randomly started doing this. Luckily it is creating an error log on this. Unfortunately I have no clue what it means...The Error log is below. ============= Event Type: Warning Event Source: ASP.NET 2.0.50727.0 Event Category: Web Event Event ID: ...

French RMS and POS available in Canada?
Are Microsoft RMS and POS available in French Canada? Thanks. We have the translation in French for France. Afshin Alikhani - [ afshin@retailrealm.co.uk ] CEO - Retail Realm = = = = = = = "Louis" <Louis@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:C947635D-0502-4382-9059-B1FA954370CB@microsoft.com... > Are Microsoft RMS and POS available in French Canada? Thanks. Thank you, but we need a French version for Canada, with local taxes and all (GST, QST...). Does any one know whether MS RMS and POS are available in French in Canada ? Thanks again. "Afshin A...

my hotmail account
Will you please help me close my account? Thank you No one here can help you with that. Questions regarding Hotmail accounts and operation can be asked at http://windowslivehelp.com/ -- Dave N. MS-MVP (Mail) Windows 7 Ultimate http://download.live.com/wlmail "kim johnson" <kim johnson@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:C3CFE80E-9090-4C35-A737-810151354383@microsoft.com... > Will you please help me close my account? Thank you All support for Windows Live Hotmail and related Live Services(account, Live ID, etc) is handled by the W...

POP3 account set up help!
Can anybody please provide me with the correct information? I am trying to set up Outlook so that I can receive my Hotmail email. What is the correct "incoming mail server (POP3)?" and what is the correct "outgoing mail server (SMTP)?" Help please! That isn't officially supported by Microsoft. You're unlikely to get an answer for that question. It's not hard to configure in Outlook Express (which comes with IE) though it is a little buggy. But to answer your question, the POP and SMTP servers are actually lengthy URLs that seem to change periodically. ...

MRP workbench and Releases POs
We find that some POs raised and released after MRP is run appear in MRP workbench but others do not... I can only see that the lead time for the product (if its high) limits this ability to appear here, altho thinking that the PO has been raised, approved and released that it SHOULD appear on the workbench..?? Can someone confirm the requirements for a firm order to be included in the workbench screen..?? Thanks very much Theo :) ...

Disabled then Re-enabled User account in AD...
I have just posted this issue in the Outlook discussion but thought i might try here as well. I disabled a user account here and ended up re-enabling it after some confusion of the end date of the employee. He can now log back into the domain and has access to everything again through group permissions and so on... but he gets this error when trying to access outlook: Unable to open default email folders. The Attempt to log on to the Microsoft Exchange Server has Failed (Server Name) I get the following event logged: Exchange Event ID: 1022 Source: MSExchangeIS Mailbox Store Versi...

Setting up an account
I have a windows live hotmail account. Can someone please tell me what settings I need to put in the boxs Windows Mail cannot access any http email accounts. However, you can access your Hotmail account via POP3. The required settings are here... http://mailcall.spaces.live.com/Blog/cns!CC9301187A51FE33!49799.entry You need to use SSL, and authentication. I'd also suggest using port 587 for SMTP. (The newer Windows Live Mail can access Hotmail/Live http accounts.) -- Dave N. MS-MVP (Mail) Windows 7 Ultimate http://download.live.com/wlmail "Linda"...

Lookup (Picklist) that only shows related Contacts to Account
Hi, (CRM 4) I'm working on the Order screens and I would like to have a field that has an available drop down of only the Contacts that are related to the Account specified in the Customer field. (assuming that I would create the Order from the Account area). Any ideas? Is there an existing relationship I could use/edit to allow this. Again to clarify, when creating a new Order from withn an Account, I would like a field where I have a picklist of only the associated Contacts within that account. please help! TIA you need something called a filtered lookup, which CRM does not h...

POS
I purchased POS . Under the tools options my my screen for EDC configuration is to large to use the apply button. How do I size down this screen? ...

Email account disappeared...
Can anyone help? 2 of my email accounts disappeared.They still send and receive mail, but when i go to the email accounts menu, they aren't there and i can't edit them. ...

Mail Accounts
How do I extract the accounts from exchange to import them on another server without exchange e.g outlook with.pst format Hi scrootch Use Movemail Box if they are under same ORG. Thanks Manoj "scrootch" wrote: > How do I extract the accounts from exchange to import them on another server > without exchange e.g outlook with.pst format ...

Email from accounts that doesn't exist in AD
Hello guys! I have received an email from a user from another country (Australia) where he told me that he has received a lot of pornography from an address that belong to my domain, nevertheless that acount doesn't exist in my AD. Can you explain me please how he or another people can receive messages from my doiman but with accounts that doesn't exist ? What I need to do to avoid that kind of reports? Hoping a tip or solution to this problem, Thanks Your domain may just be spoofed, have him send you the headers to see the source MTA. James Chong (MVP) MCSE | M+, S+,...

Help! recover deleted accounts in MS Money 2003
Hi there, Does anyone know how to undelete accounts in MS Money 2003. Your help will be greatly appreciated. Thanks. Restore a backup with the deleted account to a new file and then QIF Export the account in question then import it back into your current file??? "P Singh" <parminder.singh@nasdaq.com> wrote in message news:2e3601c36ab2$2c769e00$7d02280a@phx.gbl... > Hi there, > Does anyone know how to undelete accounts in MS Money > 2003. > > Your help will be greatly appreciated. Thanks. Thanks. >-----Original Message----- >Restore a backup with...

PS POS 2.0
Does POS 2.0 come with gift card functionality or is it only the RMS version of POS? The screenshots I have seen show a gift card tender type, but I havent been able to try a demo of it yet to see if it comes built in now or now. Thanks, --Mike It's there as "description" for a tender type. No extra function around it that I'm aware of. -- John M. "DomitianX" <DomitianX@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:5D75C630-2C67-4FAA-9819-063C2A0A40D3@microsoft.com... > Does POS 2.0 come with gift card functionality or is it only the RMS >...

Duplicate Account Checking Script
Hi all, I tried to use the sample script found here http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp? url=/library/en-us/dnmbscrm/html/mbs_crmappdup.asp but it doesn't works with my CRM 1.2 .I change the server name in ISVAccount.cs, got an error. I found the name of the dll is not the same in CRM 1.0 and CRM 1.2 1.0 = Microsoft.CRM.Proxy 1.2 = Microsoft.CRM.Platform.Proxy So I replace the wrong name in ISVAccount.cs with new one, stil an error. I have no more idea, so if you have some, you're welcome ! Baptiste. This code was written for the version 1.0 crm sdk. While it wil...

Account Disassociation
I just added 2 accounts in order to track my mother's finances, a Savings and Checking. It appears that these accounts are appearing in my "financial worth" for lack of better words. Is there a way to disassociate these 2 accounts with my accounts? Thanks Jerry Probably the best bet is to make a copy of the joint data file called "Mom's Money Data" and go into that file and delete everything but her accounts. You can even go into Accounts & Bills|Account Setup|Update personal information and clean this data up. Then go back into yours and delete her accounts...

Exchange Account & POP3 Account
This may relate to ResolveP2 articles that i've searched and read so here goes.. Currently i have about 42 machines with exchange 2003 and outlook 2003 on all clients. After a while now, when the internal users are recieving mail from outside sources to the POP3/SMTP account, when they hit reply it will default to send the mail from the exchange server and not the pop3/smtp account. (In outlook settings the POP3/SMTP account is set to default) Is this neceessarily due to ResolveP2? If these outside emails are on the exchange account for that client would they get resolved as local and ...

Track email to 2 accounts
I don't think it's possible but can an email be tracked to 2 accounts. The customer have a vendor and a customer account where some people need the information on the vendor and some others on the account. Kinda tricky but is there somehow a workaround to this. Jack Hi, As far as regarding field is concerned, you can only select one record there. But if you send an email to two accounts than you will see that email activity in both accounts's activites (Activites or History) as that email is emailed to both. An email activity comes in all the views of the records which ...

For POS
Is there a way to enter a quantity prior to entering the Item #? It is time consumming to constantly touch the Edit Qty button after each item where you want more than one and then enter the quantity information. In RMS you can use the asterisk key. Something similar would be helpful with POS. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft ...

POS Quickpad
I want to add a button to a Quickpad for "Switch User" but do not find it in the POS function list. Does anyone know a way to allow cashiers to quickly sign off when they switch registers? -- Owner of retail store This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0457_01C6F44C.BFA21480 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="UTF-8" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Dave, Press F9 --=20 * Get Secure! - www.microsoft.com/security You must be using Outlook Express or some other type of newsgroup reader = to see and download the file attachment....

Custom Fields on CustomerAddress do NOT appear in Account or Contact view.
Custom fields on CustomerAddress do not appear in the views Account or Contact. So they are not available to be put on either the Account form or the Contact form. I have added a couple of string fields to CustomerAddress which I want to have on both Account and Contact forms. But they are not appearing in the drop-downs. Is this correct or have I missed something. CustomerAddress fields are displayed on the forms accessed through the "More Addresses" side tabs for Accounts and Contacts "Bill Altmann" <bill@pmxam.com> wrote in message news:e8VWkGelEHA.1656@T...