POS 2009 Receipt Extra Blank Line

We have a new POS 2009 install where the receipt has extra lines (or blank
lines) at the top and bottom - using OPOS driver. No matter what setting we
change it still has the same amount of extra lines. Anyone else run into
this?

0
mlazarus (3)
9/22/2009 1:38:04 AM
pos 14173 articles. 0 followers. Follow

Reinstalling POS
We have the 30 day trial version of Dynamics POS installed on a Back Office computer and a POS computer. Everything is working fine. My question is if we now activate and register the software with the supplied Product Key will we have problems in a couple of monthe when we plan on replacing our POS computer with a new one? Can we just install the software again on the new POS computer using the same Product Key and leave our Back Office computer the way it is? TIA Bob, You should not have a problem using the same product key when you switch machines, but you may have to activate by ph...

Customizing the POS Screen
Is there a way to add Unit of Measure to the POS screen? I own a Garden Center, and it is critical that our sales staff knows this, because we sell items multiple units - so that they don't mess up. You can't change the display of the transaction screen itself, but you may be able to use a customized HTML Status page to display additional information, or an HTML Addin (see drilldown.htm) to display addtional information before adding the item to the transaction. You might also be able to do something with matrix or lot-matrix items to force a quantity selection. Check with y...

Purchase Order Blank
Version 9, PO Blank form will not print 4 decimal places on the unit cost. Have tried creating a new format but it still prints 2 decimal places. Has anyone found a fix to this? ...

Inbox from field blank
I have a user whose inbox in Outlook 2002 seems to have become corrupt. Several of his messages in his inbox have a blank from field, although when I go into the message, the sender is listed. Several of these messages are actually duplicates of messages already in his inbox, same date and time recieved, one has a sender listed one doesn't. Has anyone ever seen this before, and if so, have a solution? ...

How do I plot a line chart in 3 dimensions (x,y,z)?
Hello All, I wish to plot a scatter graph in Excel and join the points with a smooth line. However I wish to do it using three variables (x,y and z axes) as opposed to the simple 2D x and y axes I can easily use on excel?? Is there a way to do this in excel?? Yours Hopefully, Kev. Hi, You can fake it using trig. http://www.andypope.info/charts/3drotate.htm Cheers Andy Kevinofromuk wrote: > Hello All, I wish to plot a scatter graph in Excel and join the points with a > smooth line. However I wish to do it using three variables (x,y and z axes) > as opposed to the simple ...

Itemized Receipt
Hi, how do we create and print an "itemized receipt" for a customer who calls back few days later about a previous purchase and requests this information? Thanks, Zorian Zorian, The journal viewer will allow you to view and print past receipts, given that the journal printer was set up. Matt "Zorian" <Zorian@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:B6F2441C-0FE4-4243-AAE7-0C05A747DC82@microsoft.com... > Hi, > how do we create and print an "itemized receipt" for a customer who calls > back few days later about a previous purchase and r...

Size of Task Subject Line
I would like to display and print all the tasks in a given category. The default is to display only one subject line per task item. Is there a way I could display more than one line? Or, would it be possible for me to display/print the details associated with the subject line in all my tasks? I am using Outlook 2003. Have you considered turning on either the "Autopreview" or "Reading Pane" form the "View" menu? "Al" <anonymous@discussion.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:e6eyhZonFHA.2904@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl... >I would like to display...

In-line objects #2
I would like to make two or more objects move down with text in my text box. If I make them each inline separately, the format is messed up. If I group them, the Layout tab isn't available. Any suggestions? Thanks. Using Publisher 2003. ...

max size command line argument
Hi I am launching an application from another and sending some info re command line arguments, one of which is a big string. In Windows 7 this works fine, but in XP "Access Denied" message appears. Shortening the big string overcomes this. I have tried to find out the maximum allowable argument size, both for XP and Windows 7 but can't find this anywhere. Anybody know the answer Ray Hello, Perhaps http://support.microsoft.com/kb/830473/en-us Are you above 8191 under XP (and they would have still enlarge this under Windows 7 ?) With such a long str...

Blank cell after evaluation
I am using the formula, =IF(ISNUMBER(Analysis!O6),Analysis!O6," ") but have a problem. If there is a value in Analysis!O6 then the file works properly. However, if Analysis has no value in it, then I need to formula to return nothing. The problem is that I can only get the formula to return a blank space, 0, or False. All of these results cause a subsequent formula to fail. Is there a different formula or criteria that will leave the cell empty? -- Thanks in advance, JC Yes. Just remore the space between your double quotes. -- Gary''s Student "JC" ...

French RMS and POS available in Canada?
Are Microsoft RMS and POS available in French Canada? Thanks. We have the translation in French for France. Afshin Alikhani - [ afshin@retailrealm.co.uk ] CEO - Retail Realm = = = = = = = "Louis" <Louis@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:C947635D-0502-4382-9059-B1FA954370CB@microsoft.com... > Are Microsoft RMS and POS available in French Canada? Thanks. Thank you, but we need a French version for Canada, with local taxes and all (GST, QST...). Does any one know whether MS RMS and POS are available in French in Canada ? Thanks again. "Afshin A...

MRP workbench and Releases POs
We find that some POs raised and released after MRP is run appear in MRP workbench but others do not... I can only see that the lead time for the product (if its high) limits this ability to appear here, altho thinking that the PO has been raised, approved and released that it SHOULD appear on the workbench..?? Can someone confirm the requirements for a firm order to be included in the workbench screen..?? Thanks very much Theo :) ...

Displaying Multiple Text Lines At Runtime
I need to display various text messages in my dialog app, and they change during the application. There will be multiple lines of text in one rectangular area. In order to handle that and format it well, should I not use the edit box with an attached CStatic variable? Should I just use text out with coordinates and maybe draw a rectangular area instead of using a control? Thanks, Matt There are several ways by which you can acheive this. 1. In your Status bars, create a new panel for displaying your messages. 2. Create a control bar, which can be docked/closed, and write your messages in...

POS
I purchased POS . Under the tools options my my screen for EDC configuration is to large to use the apply button. How do I size down this screen? ...

Do Not count blank cells
Hi all!! I have been trying to figure out how to NOT have excel count blank cells when it is counting my information that my formulas are telling it to count. This is my current formula (array): =SUMPRODUCT(--(oc!$C$1:$C$1000=435),--(oc!$H$1:$H$2000="approved"),--(oc!$D$1:$D$1000="telemedicine") I have to put a space in each blank cell (which could be a bunch) Thanks Dee -- imjustme ------------------------------------------------------------------------ imjustme's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=26854 View this thread:...

Cross Tab Line Numbers
I have two fields, Emp_ID and Proj. Each employee could have as many as 10 projects at any given time. What I want to do is build a CrossTab Query that has the emp_id as column headers and under each name the list of projects assigned to them. So what I was trying to do is to create a linenumber of some sort between 1 and 10 to go with each record so that when I pull the Query into the Cross tab query I could use the number as row headers. Pleae help! Example of what I want limit to 5 to save space (not 10): no. Emp1 Emp2 Emp3 ..... 1 proj1 proj2 proj8 2 proj3 proj5...

Cash receipts posting journal
Hi, Am on GP SP4. Any idea, why Cash receipts posting journal prints 'n' times for 'n' number of payments. I want to print n pages(Payments) by prining once. Am referring to the below report Reports -> Sales -> Posting Journals -> Cash Receipts Posting Journal eg: i have 3 cash receipts. the reports prints thrice. i want it to print 3 pages by printing only once. Does it behaves by default? Thanks in advance. Arun. "Arun" wrote: > Hi, > > Am on GP SP4. > > Any idea, why Cash receipts posting journal prints 'n' times for &...

Excel cut/paste prob: Adds one day and changes year to 2009
When I cut and paste a date into another worksheet, one day is added and the year is changed. For example, 2/5/05 will change to 2/6/09. I am using Office for Mac. How can I avoid this problem. It is compromising my reports and giving false information. The workbook you're copying from uses the WinXL default 1900 date system while your destination workbook is using the MacXL default 1904 date system. You can change the destination workbook system (Preferences/Calculation, uncheck the 1904 date system checkbox). Alternatively, you can enter 1462 in an empty cell. Copy the cell...

Legends in Line Charts (I think)
I have done a short course in excel, and bought a couple of books, but I still can't do all the simple things as well as I want to. I have collected some initial test data for children's sport, and I want to be able to display this in a multiple line graph; however, I don't seem to be able to change the "legends"(?) from the default "-o- Series 1, -o- Series 2, etc" to the more relevent descriptions I want to use. I want to get my charts looking reasonably competent before I show them to any experts. TIA, Nev. Jon Peltier has some instructions for setting...

"Sales Receipt" Phrase Wraps onto Two Lines
Anyone know how to get the "Sales Receipt" statment on the 40 Column Receipt formatted so that it doesn't wrap onto two lines? I tried the paper width in receipt properties, but that didn't work. Is there details somewhere on the different attributes for the receipt properties? As an example, how do you determine the proper width? Jerry, What make & model printer? Windows or OPOS drivers? I have set paper widths between 2.4 and 3.0 without problems. Also take a look at the right margin settings. After making your change, click refresh and then print. -- * &quo...

spurious line after \page
I've played with this at length, but may have not tried all combinations-- SIMPLY: I have \page after the Title page, (and auto-pagination thereafter); BUT, which leaves a line-space at the top of PAGE #1 (following the Title page); (or in some combinations it leaves two-lines-spacing, at the top); YET: I'd like a flush-top on PAGE#1 (after the Title page).... UNDERSTAND: I have different \par-values afore and after \page: It has to have a \par with the \page to effect each separately ... (as far as I know). Ray. I don't understand your terminology. What do you...

For POS
Is there a way to enter a quantity prior to entering the Item #? It is time consumming to constantly touch the Edit Qty button after each item where you want more than one and then enter the quantity information. In RMS you can use the asterisk key. Something similar would be helpful with POS. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft ...

Global "disclaimer" line
How do you put a global disclaimer on all outgoing email? I'm not talking about a .sig line. That's what each user uses to put their unique contact info in. I'm talking about a legal disclaimer that goes below the .sig line and is "stamped" on every outgoing email. To add a disclaimer the Microsoft Article is as follows http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN- US;317680 However, to make your life easier, I recommend downloading the free version of GFI MailEssentials at the following link http://www.gfi.com/downloads/downloads.asp?pid=11&lid=1 G...

Blank Subject Prompt
Is is possible to set Outlook 2003 to get a warning prompt whenever we send an email with a blank subject ? ... Something like : The sujbect field is blank, are you sure you wanna send the message anyway ? Thanks, ...

PS POS 2.0
Does POS 2.0 come with gift card functionality or is it only the RMS version of POS? The screenshots I have seen show a gift card tender type, but I havent been able to try a demo of it yet to see if it comes built in now or now. Thanks, --Mike It's there as "description" for a tender type. No extra function around it that I'm aware of. -- John M. "DomitianX" <DomitianX@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:5D75C630-2C67-4FAA-9819-063C2A0A40D3@microsoft.com... > Does POS 2.0 come with gift card functionality or is it only the RMS >...