PO Posting to Quickbooks

Ok, I am getting close to getting this up and running.  One questions is that
when I create a PO in RMS and receive the items, does it update the part in
Quickbooks as well as it is not happening.
0
BillFry (61)
2/2/2006 3:10:27 AM
pos 14173 articles. 0 followers. Follow

All it does is create a Bill in QB for the amount RMS has for the purchase
order.  All inventory counts should be handled in RMS - it will not update
item counts in QB.

Glenn Adams
Tiber Creek Consulting
http://www.tibercreek.com
glenn@tibercreek.com

"Bill Fry" <BillFry@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Ok, I am getting close to getting this up and running.  One questions is
> that
> when I create a PO in RMS and receive the items, does it update the part
> in
> Quickbooks as well as it is not happening.

0
glenn9672 (1267)
2/2/2006 4:24:19 PM
RMS will only post Closed PO's over to QB as Bills and only if you have that
option set when you post the batches.

Rob

"Bill Fry" wrote:

> Ok, I am getting close to getting this up and running.  One questions is that
> when I create a PO in RMS and receive the items, does it update the part in
> Quickbooks as well as it is not happening.
0
rob242 (534)

Time Sheets (Yes, I've already done a search on previous posts)
I am trying to set up a kind of unique time sheet - I want it to have 3 in/out times, and a total number of HOURS worked per day. This is what I want it to look like: B C Time In: 8:00 AM Time Out: 12:00 PM Time In: 12:30 PM Time Out: 4:00 PM Time In: 5:30 PM Time Out: 7:00 PM Total hours: _____ Could someone help me with a formula, please?:confused: -- LM813 ------------------------------------------------------------------------ LM813's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=30385 View this thre...

MM 2007..Bank Acct Trans. won't post in Budgets
I switched from Basic Budgets to Advanced Budgets in 2007 and my income from my bank account transaction file won't post in budgets. It says I have no income this month, but the transaction is correctly catagorized and in my account register. Thanks for your help! On Feb 12, 2:38 pm, smith_cy...@yahoo.com wrote: > I switched from Basic Budgets to Advanced Budgets in 2007 and my > income from my bank account transaction file won't post in budgets. > It says I have no income this month, but the transaction is correctly > catagorized and in my account register. Thanks for ...

Adding to existing code (Clarification of earlier post)
After rereading my earlier post, I find that I wasn't very clear. I'll try again. My existing code works to give me the sum of all Weeks Service where the Department Name is equal to the Current Department Name and I do want to keep that code. In addition to that code though, I need to add, I'm guessing, an "IF Statement" that will provide me with the sum of ALL Weeks Service of ALL Department Name IF the Current Department Name is equal to "Reserves". Example: Department Name Weeks Service Millwright ...

PO problem
We migrated from APOP to GP POP when we upgraded to 7.5. I have about 2500 PO's that are showing closed in the system but will not transfer to history. It acts like they are moving and they don't show up in the list on the next time to remove PO's but they still show up on open PO's. I have ran ck links and found no problems. I ran reconcile and got the following message "**ERROR: Qty committed in base is greater than the qty remaining to receive." and then at the end of the report it says "Purchase Order Processing data has been damaged; please rebuild th...

Cannot generate PO Number
Hi All, I am facing a problem with automatic generate PO Number, the application is working on this senario: SELECT ISNULL(MAX(CAST(RIGHT(PONumber, 7) AS INT)), 0) + 1 AS NextPONumber FROM PurchaseOrder WHERE ISNUMERIC(PONumber) <> 0 my max is '9999999', so it is generate a new one with PONumber = '10000000' then every time it is cannot generate a next one cause of '0000000' can anyone help me on this ? ...

Adding new columns in the PO contents grid?
Can anybody tell me how I can add new columns in the PO contents grid? I need to do this so I can sort the line items on the PO print out. Or is there a way to do this in the PO.XML template? ...

Mail merging on a 4 up Post card using duplex printing...possible?
I have Publisher 2003...on Windows Server 2003 OS...and a duplex capable color laser by Kyocera/Mita. No matter what combination of factors I seem to try (preinter settings vs. or in combination with Publisher settings), I am not capable of doing a 4 up duplex mail merge of a postcard on an 8.5 x 11 piece of paper...i.e., I wanted to print all 4 of the same side of the postcard, and have their corresponding mailing address appear on the correct quarter of the page on the reverse side of the full page. Is there some easy factor I am overlooking? Is it even possible to print this way? Hopefu...

Http-failure , the posting data is to large

PO Subtotal and PO Remaining Subtotal is different
Hi: I have a problem in Purchase Order. I saw today that there is a difference between PO Subtotal and PO Remaining Subtotal. This is a new PO and there is no receiving or cancelation is done. What is the reason. Thanks ...

Quickbooks Integration Problems..
First off, some background. My company has gone through many software changes over the 10+ years we've been in business. We started off with MS Access and Peachtree, then went to Quicksell2000/Peachtree, then Quicksell2000/Quickbooks, and finally RMS/Quickbooks. All the while, we've stuck to manually entering daily sales information into the accounting software for simplicity sake. Therefore, each software has a huge customer/vendor list with years of transaction history. Now, A year ago, I tried to integrate, and was unsuccesful. RMS pulled the lists of customers/vendor...

Security for the PO in the PO Preview Window
Hello: I know that, in the Security window, there is the "Document Access" Type that prevents a user from having access to POs and sales orders and so forth. But, apparently, this has no effect on the Purchase Orders Preview window. You see, there is a user who goes into SOP and utilizes the SOP to POP link to create POs. In the Purchase Orders Preview window, she has a message at the bottom of the window saying "You do not have access to this document type". And, because of this, she cannot generate a PO. She has access to the items listed in the "Document T...

PO Approvals and Receivings
We have been using Purchase Order Enhancements without any problem but after deleting some users we have problems with PO Approvals. Whenever any item is received against a PO the PO goes to an unapproved status. We get an error msg 'The PO has exceeded your Approval Authority Amount and will be saved as unapproved'. Thanks shaista ...

PO Invoice Posting Journal
There are clients who save their posting journals who wish to in addition to the IV Variance report have the transactions Marked that there were Purchase Price/Cost Variances on the Purchase Order Invoice Posting Journal (when the items received previously cost is different from the Invoiced Cost). The desired issue is to have the report have a check mark indicating in a column that there was a variance when the transaction was posted. Report Writer does not allow this due to the table linking and the customer does not want to pursue Crystal Reports options. ---------------- This post ...

inventory adjustments automatic posting
We need the ability not to automatically post to GL when doing a cost adjustment in version 9 just like it was in version 8. A setup window would be great. What use to take an hour or less now takes 4 plus. Other companies may like this but it does not fit our business practices. Anytime you change programming to automatically do something, you should give us the option not to. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If...

WorkFlow Error when submitting PO for Approval
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_000F_01C9A8AC.A3DCD610 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Hello Everyone, I have installed, setup and configured WorkFlow in GP 10.o with SP 3 and = everything seem fine and working except that when I create a PO and = submit for approval, the GP responds back with an error message saying " = A WorkFlow error occurred on PO # ?????? . Please review the document = and resubmit if necessary". Any help would be appreciated highly ------=_NextPart_000...

Exporting PO
Hello everybody. I am trying to export only the POs from RMS to Quickbooks.I have check the reports, but there is no one that shows me the POs in detail (Supplier, Items and Costs) Does anyone have idea if there is a way to do this? thanks in advance... Juan And the name of those reports would be....??? "Gerd" wrote: > Here are 2 reports i use(d) for our QB interface. > > > "JuanSe" <JuanSe@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message > news:182242C6-09CB-4793-A95A-00CDB577167C@microsoft.com... > > Hello everybody. > > > > I ...

Multiple Receiving Trx for single PO
Hi, Hope you are doing great. Please help me out to solve the following issue: GP9 accepted Shipment/Invoice twice against same PO. First Shipment/Invoice received full qty and all item. PO Status for that PO is not changed from received to closed after posting the Receiving Trx. Still the PO status is 'Received' and allowing the same PO to receive against new Receiving Trx.I have run check link and Reconcile it's not corrected, Payable aged report showing two invoices against same document no. Am I missing any POP setup or is it the latest feature? Because I am getting th...

Quickbooks Import into RMS
Our client called RMS tech support on the phone and was told that RMS can only export information into quickbooks, but can not import any information. Is that correct ? I thought that you can do both, import and export ? Any thoughts ? Thanks. -- GCI GCI, RMS will do a limited import from QB. After you've setup QuickBooks as your accounting program in Manager | File | Configuration | Accounting tab, then go to Manager | Utilities | Import QuickBooks | select what you want to import -- * Get Secure! - www.microsoft.com/security You must be using Outlook Express or some other typ...

PO amount different on PO Entry screen from printed PO
Hi, We have a problem that seems to happen every month. In the Purchase Order Entry window, the subtotal on this one particular PO is $590,776.35. However if we print the PO, the subtotal amount on the printed PO is only $472,451.66. The only seems to happen on random PO's and we can't figure out why. It's starting to annoy our Purchasing department... Ideas? Thanks, --Nathan Nathan, What version and service pack of GP? Are there PO's entered manually or imported? Is the PO report modified? Are there typically a lot of changes to the PO's that this happens to?...

MO and PO SQL table locking?
Would anyone be aware if there is a way to identifiy if someone is currently viewing a record thru GP with some form of table idenitifier or does GP invoke a SQL physical lock on the record? Any feed back would be great! You could check the table SY00800 and SY00801. >-----Original Message----- >Would anyone be aware if there is a way to identifiy if >someone is currently viewing a record thru GP with some >form of table idenitifier or does GP invoke a SQL physical >lock on the record? > >Any feed back would be great! > > >. > PERFECT - Thanks! &g...

Payables TRX With Check Amt Post W/out Printing Check
Hi, Yes we are new to GP. Ok here is a scenario. I am creating a new Payables Transaction Entry (Invoice) I fill in the Vendor ID, Purchases Amt Vendor Doc Number, And I also enter Check Amt then I select the Check BookID. And there is No Batch. I Post this Transaction immediately without clicking on the "Print check" button. So what did just happen-? The Transaction with voucher No "xxx" just got posted with a check Number. BUT I didn't get a chance to print the check. So now I am looking all over the place I can't find that Document number...

Update of PO Quantities after PO Return
When a user enters a Return transaction against a PO Receipt in the PO Enhancements module, the stock quantity of the item is updated appropriately. However no changes are made to the original PO quantities. If you issue a PO to a vendor to buy 50 of an item, and then receive 20, the PO says that 20 have been "previously shipped", and the remaining 30 are stored in a field I found in Smartlist called Uncommitted Quantity in Base. If you then return the initial 20 to the vendor, GP will take the 20 out of stock, but the PO still says 20 have been received, and the vendor on...

Post SP1: Resource mailbox notice to delegate not working
We recently implemented SP1 on our Exchange 2003 server and much to our dismay, the meeting requests to our resource mailboxes (i.e., projectors, conference rooms), stopped working. Nothing on the mailbox was changed in the delegates settings, so the only conclusion we can draw is something occurred with the implementation of SP1. Has anyone else experienced this or know how to fix it? ...

Change site during Creation of PO
Our customer would like to be able to change the site during creation of PO under Create PO window. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http://www.microsoft.com/Businesssolutions/Community/NewsGroups/dgbrowser/en-us/default.mspx?mid=bd27c7e4-6930-4e50-92a5-...

First Posting
This is my very first posting, So no need to respond. Thanks sendmeit@freedesktopscreen.com Posted Via Usenet.com Premium Usenet Newsgroup Services ---------------------------------------------------------- ** SPEED ** RETENTION ** COMPLETION ** ANONYMITY ** ---------------------------------------------------------- http://www.usenet.com ...