PO Errors

I am using RMS 1.3 with MSSQL 2000 running on windows 2003 STD with 2GB ram,
Dual 2.4 Xeon, Raid 5 Server.

I have a databse that is 5GB and everything runs great except when my
purchaseing manager works with Purchase Orders.

When going to commit a Purchase Order he receives the following run time
error “Run-time error ‘-2147221503(8004001)’: Data has changed! Another user
has updated this data record. The system cannot save your changes.” At the
time of the error there is no one else even in POs. He also receives multiple
other errors when the shipping guy is receiving on a diferrent po and he is
going to save his PO.

I had opened a ticket with Microsoft and they were unable to come up with a
solution to this error. They had me do maintenance from Admin and backup the
database from Admin and restore.

This error happens on multiple computers multiple computers at random times
so it leads me to believe that it is something that is happening on the
database side.

Anybody have any ideas. I am willing to try anything at this point.

Thanks
Jacob
0
Jacob156 (2)
3/5/2007 2:45:05 PM
pos 14173 articles. 0 followers. Follow

Do you have any third party add-ins or custom database triggers in your
system?

Glenn Adams
Tiber Creek Consulting
http://www.tibercreek.com
glenn@tibercreek.com

Jacob156 wrote:
> I am using RMS 1.3 with MSSQL 2000 running on windows 2003 STD with 2GB ram,
> Dual 2.4 Xeon, Raid 5 Server.
>
> I have a databse that is 5GB and everything runs great except when my
> purchaseing manager works with Purchase Orders.
>
> When going to commit a Purchase Order he receives the following run time
> error “Run-time error ‘-2147221503(8004001)’: Data has changed! Another user
> has updated this data record. The system cannot save your changes.” At the
> time of the error there is no one else even in POs. He also receives multiple
> other errors when the shipping guy is receiving on a diferrent po and he is
> going to save his PO.
>
> I had opened a ticket with Microsoft and they were unable to come up with a
> solution to this error. They had me do maintenance from Admin and backup the
> database from Admin and restore.
>
> This error happens on multiple computers multiple computers at random times
> so it leads me to believe that it is something that is happening on the
> database side.
>
> Anybody have any ideas. I am willing to try anything at this point.
>
> Thanks
> Jacob
0
glenn9672 (1266)
3/5/2007 3:29:18 PM
I get that error while just loading the items screen, or while modifying an
items properties as well.

"Jacob156" <Jacob156@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I am using RMS 1.3 with MSSQL 2000 running on windows 2003 STD with 2GB
>ram,
> Dual 2.4 Xeon, Raid 5 Server.
>
> I have a databse that is 5GB and everything runs great except when my
> purchaseing manager works with Purchase Orders.
>
> When going to commit a Purchase Order he receives the following run time
> error "Run-time error '-2147221503(8004001)': Data has changed! Another
> user
> has updated this data record. The system cannot save your changes." At the
> time of the error there is no one else even in POs. He also receives
> multiple
> other errors when the shipping guy is receiving on a diferrent po and he
> is
> going to save his PO.
>
> I had opened a ticket with Microsoft and they were unable to come up with
> solution to this error. They had me do maintenance from Admin and backup
> the
> database from Admin and restore.
>
> This error happens on multiple computers multiple computers at random
> times
> so it leads me to believe that it is something that is happening on the
> database side.
>
> Anybody have any ideas. I am willing to try anything at this point.
>
> Thanks
> Jacob

0
anonymous (74724)
3/5/2007 5:12:19 PM
I have RMS Synergy Price Matrix Software installed. But this problem was
happening before we installed that software.

There are no other custom database triggers that i know of.

Thanks
Jacob

"Glenn Adams [MVP - Retail Mgmt]" wrote:

> Do you have any third party add-ins or custom database triggers in your
> system?
>
> Glenn Adams
> Tiber Creek Consulting
> http://www.tibercreek.com
> glenn@tibercreek.com
> newsgroup so that all can share the information.
>

> Jacob156 wrote:
> > I am using RMS 1.3 with MSSQL 2000 running on windows 2003 STD with 2GB ram,
> > Dual 2.4 Xeon, Raid 5 Server.
> >
> > I have a databse that is 5GB and everything runs great except when my
> > purchaseing manager works with Purchase Orders.
> >
> > When going to commit a Purchase Order he receives the following run time
> > error “Run-time error ‘-2147221503(8004001)’: Data has changed! Another user
> > has updated this data record. The system cannot save your changes.” At the
> > time of the error there is no one else even in POs. He also receives multiple
> > other errors when the shipping guy is receiving on a diferrent po and he is
> > going to save his PO.
> >
> > I had opened a ticket with Microsoft and they were unable to come up with a
> > solution to this error. They had me do maintenance from Admin and backup the
> > database from Admin and restore.
> >
> > This error happens on multiple computers multiple computers at random times
> > so it leads me to believe that it is something that is happening on the
> > database side.
> >
> > Anybody have any ideas. I am willing to try anything at this point.
> >
> > Thanks
> > Jacob

0
Jacob156 (2)
3/5/2007 7:48:00 PM
We have seen this, but it was always related to someone else editing an item
that is on the PO at another machine. For instance, if we are receiving a
large PO and as the items are taken out to the floor, if someone opens
Manager on the sales floor and edits some information on any one of the items
on the open PO, and saves their changes, then when we try to commit the PO in
the back, we would get an error just like that and lose all the work back in
receiving. Also, if the PO is committed while an item screen is open on the
floor, and you then try to save changes made to that item, it will give you
the same error and you will lose the changes to that one item. Whoever saves
first wins -

I now have a rule that no changes can be made to any item from a supplier
which is in the process of being received. We write a note with the specific
issue, attach it to one of the items, and put it back onto the receiving
bench. When the order is committed, we scan and tweak the problem items as
required. We also make it a point to save the PO frequently as we are
receiving it. This has all but eliminated those errors -

Tad

"Jacob156" wrote:

> I am using RMS 1.3 with MSSQL 2000 running on windows 2003 STD with 2GB ram,
> Dual 2.4 Xeon, Raid 5 Server.
>
> I have a databse that is 5GB and everything runs great except when my
> purchaseing manager works with Purchase Orders.
>
> When going to commit a Purchase Order he receives the following run time
> error “Run-time error ‘-2147221503(8004001)’: Data has changed! Another user
> has updated this data record. The system cannot save your changes.” At the
> time of the error there is no one else even in POs. He also receives multiple
> other errors when the shipping guy is receiving on a diferrent po and he is
> going to save his PO.
>
> I had opened a ticket with Microsoft and they were unable to come up with a
> solution to this error. They had me do maintenance from Admin and backup the
> database from Admin and restore.
>
> This error happens on multiple computers multiple computers at random times
> so it leads me to believe that it is something that is happening on the
> database side.
>
> Anybody have any ideas. I am willing to try anything at this point.
>
> Thanks
> Jacob
0
TadL (24)

PO problem
We migrated from APOP to GP POP when we upgraded to 7.5. I have about 2500 PO's that are showing closed in the system but will not transfer to history. It acts like they are moving and they don't show up in the list on the next time to remove PO's but they still show up on open PO's. I have ran ck links and found no problems. I ran reconcile and got the following message "**ERROR: Qty committed in base is greater than the qty remaining to receive." and then at the end of the report it says "Purchase Order Processing data has been damaged; please rebuild th...

What does "Compile error in hidden module:Autoexec New" mean?
I am receiving this error message when i start excel, with saved excel programs as well as new ones I am creating. A PDFMaker add-in problem. http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;q307410 -- Jim "Karla" <Karla@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:B5C336C6-10D3-40BE-8146-C0491DA16804@microsoft.com... |I am receiving this error message when i start excel, with saved excel | programs as well as new ones I am creating. ...

Jet Errors in Directory
When try to do anything with E55/ds defrage check integrity I get a JeterrIndexDuplicate. Index is already defined. What can I do about this and what is causing this. Can you elaborate? Graeme Moorby wrote: > When try to do anything with E55/ds defrage check > integrity I get a JeterrIndexDuplicate. Index is already > defined. What can I do about this and what is causing this. ...

Cannot generate PO Number
Hi All, I am facing a problem with automatic generate PO Number, the application is working on this senario: SELECT ISNULL(MAX(CAST(RIGHT(PONumber, 7) AS INT)), 0) + 1 AS NextPONumber FROM PurchaseOrder WHERE ISNUMERIC(PONumber) <> 0 my max is '9999999', so it is generate a new one with PONumber = '10000000' then every time it is cannot generate a next one cause of '0000000' can anyone help me on this ? ...

outlook express 6, error on load
Recently have been getting the following error everytime I start Outlook express: msnmsgr has caused an error in kernel32.dll. msnmsgr will now close. I get the error 2 times, click on close, errors clear and outlook seems to work OK. How can I fix this? running Wme, outlook express 6 Thank you, Hi Mike, Msnmsgr is an executable file for MSN, are you an MSN subsciber? You should contact MSN regarding this error message. Regards, Scott Atkins MCSE, MCSA Partner Technical Lead - Outlook Microsoft Technical Support for Platforms and Business Applications -------------------- >Content-...

Error when sending e-mail (error in outbox) Error ID: 0x80191002
Unable to send or receive messages for the Hotmail Personal account. To send and receive messages in your Hotmail account, go to http://hotmail.live.com on the Web, or try again later. To get help from Windows Live Customer Support, go to http://support.live.com and click Windows Live Mail in the list of services. Subject 'Fw: name of attachment' Windows Live Mail Error ID: 0x80191002 Is there a solution to this problem? I got this problem when forwarding an e-mail to a friend. However, e-mail never leaves my outbox since error does not allow this e-mail to go. Hotm...

Task "pop3 mail account" Receing reported error (0x80040125)
Users gets this error when sending/receiving email. If they shut the computer down and try again it works fine. I get this too pretty-much daily. Closing all Outlook windows then restarting Outlook sorts it out (temporarily). Anyone know how to report an Outlook bug to Microsoft? I've been digging round the MS Outlook site for 20 minutes without finding a method. I get this too quite regularly. Closing all Outlook windows an restarting Outlook resolves it, and is less hassle than restartin the computer ...

SumProduct #value error
Hi All, I am sure my formula is correct but the only catch is the the arrays dont match. =SUMPRODUCT(--(Resources!$B$4:$B$29=Overview!B16),--(MONTH(Resources! F3:AE3)=Overview!D9),(Resources!F4:AE29)) My spreadsheet looks like Resources Tab B4:B29 = Team 1, team 2, team 3 etc to team 26 (maybe duplicate teams in this row) F3:P3 = months of the year (7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6), unique numbers F4:Q29 = random numbers.. this array is what i want to calculate Overview Tab B16:B39 = 1st criteria match against B4:B29 E15:O15 = 2nd criteria match against F3:P3 E16:O39 = where sumprod...

Adding new columns in the PO contents grid?
Can anybody tell me how I can add new columns in the PO contents grid? I need to do this so I can sort the line items on the PO print out. Or is there a way to do this in the PO.XML template? ...

Driver Error
I am attempting to import external data from Microsoft access. I have gone through the setup of selecting my database and the information that I wanted imported. When I click save query (query wizard finish), the message "Too few parameters. Expected 2." appears. When I select Help, the message stated Driver Error. This error was returned by the driver. What do I need to look at? I have Windows XP Pro and am using Access 2003. I selected Access mdb as my driver. Thank you, JR well tell us what you're trying to do. are you pointing to a query? to a table? do you h...

Error Code 8000FFFF
Unable to upgrade MSN get this error 8000FFF -- Chawalit I. IT Consultant Phuket Butler Co., LTD “We Serve You Everything” Facebook : http://www.facebook.com/chawalit Phuket Property: http://www.phuketbutler.com "raj" wrote: > Unable to upgrade MSN get this error 8000FFF try go to here: http://www.phuketbutler.com/msnfix http://support.microsoft.com/kb/946414 -- Peter Please Reply to Newsgroup for the benefit of others Requests for assistance by email can not and will not be acknowledged. "raj" <raj@discussions.microsoft.com&...

Runtime Error in Excel 2007
Runtime Error in Excel 2007 Everytime I open a .xls file I get a message that says Runtime Error R6025-pure virtual function call and when I click OK the program closes down. Unable to work on any files. I have installed all the updates available. Any help is appreciated. Curiously enough this seems to be related to Internet Explorer. Fwiw: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx/kb/925418 -- Jim "L J McKenney" <ljmac22@msn.net> wrote in message news:990a5590f5cb43209a29b135a7486f7f@ureader.com... | Runtime Error in Excel 2007 | | Everytime I open a .xls file ...

PO Subtotal and PO Remaining Subtotal is different
Hi: I have a problem in Purchase Order. I saw today that there is a difference between PO Subtotal and PO Remaining Subtotal. This is a new PO and there is no receiving or cancelation is done. What is the reason. Thanks ...

System Administrator Error
When I send e-mails to someones out of the office, I get a message that says the file is "Undeliverable" and the error message reads "System Administrator". But, I can send e-mails to others in the office and I can receive e-mails just fine. I am running Outlook 2003 on Windows XP with all the updates and service packs What could be the problem? ...

Bank Transaction Entry -- SQL Error
Hello, When our user are attempting to enter a Bank Transaction Entry, they are getting the following error when they hit "Post" [Microsoft][ODBC SQL SERVER DRIVER][SQL SERVER] Error converting data type int to smallint. When that error message is closed, the following pops up: The stored procedure aagUpdateBrowseTypeForBRVoidedTRX returned the following results: DBMS: 8114, Microsoft Dynamics GP: 8114 FYI, we are on SQL Server SP3. Anyone seen this kind of error before? Any suggestions? Thanks More important is to know what version, build number of GP you are running...

Preventing error messages
I have some code in "x.xls" which runs periodically to open a csv file and copy the values there to x.xls. Occasionally another program will have the csv file open writing new data before saving and closing it. If my code attempts to open the csv file at this time, I get the error message, "Read only, ....". Is it possible to write something into my code which will cause it to wait until the csv file is available and then open it and do its stuff, rather than stopping the code and giving me an error message? Thanks for any help Mat -- Matthew McManus ---------------...

not a gateway', Error: 550, Error Number: 0x800CCC69
eswish.net is the name of both my incoming and outgoing email services. I have the following problem at a particular customer site, on just one computer at that site. An unknown error has occurred. Subject 'testing agin', Account: 'eswish.net', Server: 'eswish.net', Protocol: SMTP, Server Response: '550 not a local host yahoo.com, not a gateway', Port: 25, Secure (SSL): No, Server Error: 550, Error Number: 0x800CCC69 I suspect it is a problem with that computer's Windows installation, because none of the other computers at that client site have this issue...

Dynamics.dic Error Message
Hello, I mistakenly installed Dynamics GP version 10.0 on a client workstation when we have version 9.0 running everywhere else (including the server). Suddenly no one can access GP anymore with an error "You are using an earlier version of Dynamics.dic than the one that's currently installed on the network". This leads me to believe that the client install changed something on the server? When I look at the Dynamics table DU000020 the top row (DEX_ROW_ID = 0) returns versionMajor of 10. This is the only versionMajor of 10 in the entire table so I'm guessing this h...

Security for the PO in the PO Preview Window
Hello: I know that, in the Security window, there is the "Document Access" Type that prevents a user from having access to POs and sales orders and so forth. But, apparently, this has no effect on the Purchase Orders Preview window. You see, there is a user who goes into SOP and utilizes the SOP to POP link to create POs. In the Purchase Orders Preview window, she has a message at the bottom of the window saying "You do not have access to this document type". And, because of this, she cannot generate a PO. She has access to the items listed in the "Document T...

Error starting Excel
During start up of excel2000 receive following Program Error message box: "Excel.exe has generated errors and will be closed by Windows. You will need to restart the program. An error log is being created." I have: uninstalled and install Office 2000 but still receiving error (same error in Word) removed excel.xlb (works once, error returns in subsequent attempts) uninstalled add-ins Any suggestions? I did a FIND in the NG for errors but didn't see this one. If it is an error that's been addressed I apologize in advance. I resolved the problem at http://www.mvps.org...

Error message 09-06-07
I am getting an error message when I attempt to compact and repair the back end of a database. It is, "You attempted to open a database that is already opened exclusively by user 'medinaa' on machine '123456'. Try again when the database is available." The problem is I am the user working on that machine. I tried a different user who had admin priveleges on a different macine (after shutting mine down) and the error message followed the user to that machine. It said, "You attempted to open a database that is already opened exclusively by user 'Johnso...

PO Approvals and Receivings
We have been using Purchase Order Enhancements without any problem but after deleting some users we have problems with PO Approvals. Whenever any item is received against a PO the PO goes to an unapproved status. We get an error msg 'The PO has exceeded your Approval Authority Amount and will be saved as unapproved'. Thanks shaista ...

PO Invoice Posting Journal
There are clients who save their posting journals who wish to in addition to the IV Variance report have the transactions Marked that there were Purchase Price/Cost Variances on the Purchase Order Invoice Posting Journal (when the items received previously cost is different from the Invoiced Cost). The desired issue is to have the report have a check mark indicating in a column that there was a variance when the transaction was posted. Report Writer does not allow this due to the table linking and the customer does not want to pursue Crystal Reports options. ---------------- This post ...

Calling Javascript from Server Side
I have the following lines of code in the GridView.RowDataBound event to call some Javascript code when the user clicks on a GridView row. If any of the strings I am passing to the Javascript code contain a single quote this Javascript error occurs: Error: Expected ')'. How do I fix the first line of code below to allow for single quotes? seldata = "userSelected('" + strCustName + "','" + strCustCompany + "', '" + strAddress + "')" e.Row.Attributes.Add("onclick", seldata) 'test the code above by s...

Rules Error #7
I have a use who has a category for each email he sends and a rule that puts that email into a folder. These rules and categories generally work well, except sometimes when he sends an email with an attachment. Sometimes, he'll get a 'Rules in Error' message that will list the Rule and an error message. The error message is, "cannot copy to the <folder> folder." Then the rule turns off and he has to turn it back on. Is the attachment the problem? Any ideas on what's going on? Thanks, John Is the folder name mentioned in the error message or not? &quo...