Physical Inventory question #2

I have a store owner who would like to run a Physical Inventory Sheet that
does NOT include items with a qty of 0.  I don't see a filter for OnHand <> 0.

First, I'd like to see if anybody knows if something like this CAN be done.

Secondly, I've suggested (and gave her instructions) on how to take all
items that have zero quantities that she no longer wants to sell, and mark
them as inactive first, then do a physical inventory based on the filter of
Inactive = No.

Do others run their physical inventories this way?

Any suggestions are welcome.

Wendy
0
WendyI (37)
12/28/2005 4:46:05 PM
pos 14173 articles. 0 followers. Follow

I think filtering based on the active/inactive status makes much better
sense, I personally would never filter my physical inventory based on
quantity anyway becuase how do you know for sure that the supposedly zero
quantity is correct?

For example, what if the perpetual count in RMS shows a zero because the
item of a given item is sold.  However the item gets returned to the store
but no return is recorded in RMS.  So your physical count when done is going
to include this item, but if you are filtering out zero quantities in your
physical inventory you won't be able to include this in your count in RMS.

I just don't see why they would want to filter this way - my two cents

hth
kevin

"Wendy_I" wrote:

> I have a store owner who would like to run a Physical Inventory Sheet that
> does NOT include items with a qty of 0.  I don't see a filter for OnHand <> 0.
>
> First, I'd like to see if anybody knows if something like this CAN be done.
>
> Secondly, I've suggested (and gave her instructions) on how to take all
> items that have zero quantities that she no longer wants to sell, and mark
> them as inactive first, then do a physical inventory based on the filter of
> Inactive = No.
>
> Do others run their physical inventories this way?
>
> Any suggestions are welcome.

> Wendy
0
kskinne (224)
12/28/2005 5:10:04 PM
Thanks, Jeff!

This is perfect!  I will, however, continue to suggest printing out a sheet
with items who have quantities of zero.  She explained how she wanted to use
this and I still think it's more cumbersome for her, but at least she has the
option to do this the way she wants to.

Thanks again!
Wendy

"Jeff" wrote:

> Wendy_I,
>
> I've attached our modified Inventory Count Sheet that will work.  Copy it
> into the Reports folder under RMS, then look for it in the Reports | Custom
> section.
>
> But like Kevin mentioned, they really shouldn't filter on that formula.
>
> You must be using Outlook Express or some other type of newsgroup reader to
> see and download the file attachment.  If you are not using a reader, follow
> under the M$ Retail Management System on the right.
>
> http://tinyurl.com/75bgz
>

> --
> *
> "Wendy_I" <WendyI@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I have a store owner who would like to run a Physical Inventory Sheet that
> does NOT include items with a qty of 0.  I don't see a filter for OnHand <>
> 0.
>
> First, I'd like to see if anybody knows if something like this CAN be done.
>
> Secondly, I've suggested (and gave her instructions) on how to take all
> items that have zero quantities that she no longer wants to sell, and mark
> them as inactive first, then do a physical inventory based on the filter of
> Inactive = No.
>
> Do others run their physical inventories this way?
>
> Any suggestions are welcome.

> Wendy

0
WendyI (37)

Spending Tracker #2
I have set up my budget and want to use spending tracker. Even though I have verified a budgeted amount spending tracker shows a zero amount. How can I fix this problem? ...

Creating a New Folder in Outlook 2003 questions
I would like to create a new folder called JULIA, and I would like any email sent to her email address (julia@whatever.com) be placed automatically there and not in the general Inbox. 1) How can I create the JULIA folder "outside" of Inbox? or any newly created folders for incoming mail are sub-tree'ed from within Inbox. 2) How do I setup my Outlook 2003 that if it downloads any email for julia@whatever.com will automatically go there and not the general Inbox. 3) How can I also setup an additional folders Julia Sent and Julia Deleted to keep track for any emails that wer...

Order Entry #2
We have set up a password to allow price changes when entering orders because we don't want to allow everyone access to this field. I have three customers that request the password even when the salesperson isn't trying to change the price. I have checked the customer cards of these companies and I can't figure out why these three produce this message. Is there something in particular I need to be looking at? Thanks Angie Angie, What's the exact message you are getting? Are you sure you are not being prompted to override price below cost? -- MG.- Mariano Gomez,...

Physical Invotory
I am planing to buy data collector for physical invotry count I like to If I can use Symbol PPT2700 Barcode Data Collector . Is it compatible with RMS 2.0 -- Thank You Harjit SherGill /DBA Altaville Market 324 South Main st po box 370 Altaville CA 95221 Tel : 209-729-1410 vendaliajat@yahoo.com Gill, any data collector that generates a csv file will be compatible with RMS. Once the file has been uploaded to the host computer, go to RMS Inventory and import the file. You will have to set the path to the file and the file should be formatted with two fields, ILC and quantity. The da...

newbie question about IDE / ADO.net integration
Hi guys, I have made a console application that reads .mdb file. The way I achieved it was using the IDE, it was pretty much automatically, just dragging the mdb file into the idea, writing few sql strings in the wizard, and it generate the adapter,dataset and etc. classes automatically. 2 questions: 1) How is this process/model called ? Is it XSD ? named Datasets ? I want to know when asking questions regarding this, how to refer it in the future. 2) The connection string to the mdb file is in the setting, and I'd like to pass it as a command line argument to my application...

External Data problem #2
Hi I want to import data from my Access Database into Excel . The problem is that the query it gets the info from you need to enter a start date and a finish date. When I try to import I get the error message to few parameters. Any ideas? I do need to keep the data specific between two dates. Many thanks Steve This usually happens if one of the field names are incorrect or some slight error in the syntax of the query. Have you removed/renamed a column in your database, and not corrected it in your query? -- Gary Brown ---------------------------------------------------------...

inventory criteria
What criteria should be placed on the textbox "qty" on Form1 so that the quantity that is going to be purchased should not exceed the quantity on hand, which is shown on the textbox "unitsleft". Also if the quantity purchased exceeds the quantity on hand, what should i do so that the quantity purchased will equal the quantity on hand so that it will just purchase the remaining units instead of exceeding the quantity on hand. Is this possible? If so,pls help! Thanks! Pls reply ASAP! Really needed! Thanks again! -- ai® Message posted via AccessMonster.com http://www...

A few questions
Hi, I am trying to automate a few tasks at work and would like to get Excel to do a few different things. I am new to excel programming, so if someone could just give me a shove in the right direction I'd appreciate it. When we open a workbook I would like to always have it open to a "Main Menu" area. Then I would like to be able to choose "P" for payroll and the correct sheet would open. I also would like to be able to automate inserting a blank payroll sheet into the active sheet. So I think it would go like this... I would finish with this weeks data entry are...

question on reassigning account
When we reassign account, the new owner gets ownership of all the open items underneath the accounts. (For example, the Cases for the account!). Is there a way to change the ownership for accounts without affecting the ownership of the child records? There isn't any way to avoid this in the current version. -- Matt Wittemann http://icu-mscrm.blogspot.com "smitzer" wrote: > When we reassign account, the new owner gets ownership of all the open items > underneath the accounts. (For example, the Cases for the account!). Is there > a way to change the ownership for...

Create a 3rd sheet containing cells in both Sheets 1 and 2
I have 2 sheets. They both contain a list of Account Numbers. What I want to do is to have a 3rd sheet created containing only those account numbers that are found in both Sheet 1 and Sheet 2. For example: Sheet 1 Account Numbers AAAAA BBBBB CCCCC DDDDD EEEEE FFFFFF 9999999 GGGGGG HHHHHH IIIIIII JJJJJJ KKKKKK LLLLLLL 333333 444444 Sheet 2 Account Numbers 1111111 KKKKKKK 222222 EEEEEEE 999999 XXXXXXX TTTTTTTT AAAAAA FFFFFFFF Sheet 3 AAAAAAA EEEEEEEE FFFFFFF 9999999 KKKKKKKK By the way, I am a REAL BIG beginner with excel, so please provide some...

AD User No SMTP Address #2
When I create a new AD user and tell it to create an Exchange emailbox, or choose an existing AD user and tell it to create an Exchange mailbox it appears to work but no smtp address is ever created for the AD user. All of the Exchange tabs are created but the smtp address is ever populated. I have also tried to login as one of these users and have no success. Anybody seen this before? Is there a service that may not be running? Yep, your RUS (Recipient Update Service) is not stamping the users. You can turn up diagnostic logging for the following: MSExchangeAL\LDAP Operations MSExchan...

lookup question
I am having trouble figuring out how to look something up in a list based on conditions. For example I have: Store # State Open Date 1 ND 1/2/03 2 SD 2/4/03 in a list with approx 350 records which all have this same info. I need to create another table that shows which stores opened in which state in each month. So, I need to say if the open date is in January (or between Jan 1 & Jan 31) & the state is ND then I need the cell the formula is in to read 1. Basically if the op...

inventory unit of measure
We sell brakes in sets of four, but purchase them as an Each. When we use this system, the quantity on hand shows the amount of Each's on hand -- same with inventory counts. Because a Set of Four is set up in our system as 4 Eachs, If I set the UofM Schedule ID as Set of Four, the Base Unit of Measure (which shows on the vendor and purchasing cards) remains Each. Is there any way to get the "Set of Four" to be th Base Unit of Measure? The Base UOM is the UOM you stock in. So if you make 'Set of Four' the Base UOM, you'll have to stock it that way. You'll ...

Printing Problem #2
Hallo All I am getting a problem in font size while printing. Font Size in Print and Print Preview is larger than it should be. i m doing something like this in OnDraw() nLogX = pDC->GetDeviceCaps(LOGPIXELSX); //get client area GetClientRect(&rectClient); lfTemp.lfHeight = -MulDiv(nFontSize, nLogX, 72); //create font hTmpFont = CreateFontIndirect(&lfTemp); pOldFont = (CFont*) SelectObject(*pDC, hTmpFont); //draw text DrawTextW(pDC->m_hDC, pWideChar, wcslen(pWideChar), &rectClient, DT_LEFT | DT_WORDBREAK | DT_CALCRECT); DrawTextW(pDC->m_hDC, pWideChar, wcs...

Transfer Inventory Out
Ok, so we have a customer doing a TIO to a supplier. They create the TIO, Choose the type to be Supplier, lookup the Supplier and head into the Contents tab. They use Quick Scan to add items (With Use Supplier MPQ NOT ticked) and the items list themselves fine. Some items were scanned twice but get listed twice with a quantity of 1 each. Then you click OK. Now we tried to go into issue it and we noticed that the 10 items we quick scanned in are now 17!! It has put multiple records in for a couple of the items. Has anyone seen this before/knows how tyo fix it? Regards, Matt Sorry, forgo...

Noob question
I really need help wiht this problem . How do you alter a column size? I did it once where the cursor would just move it bigger or smaller. I want to know how you do that. I would be very grateful for any help. Thanks -- Micro_pal ------------------------------------------------------------------------ Micro_pal's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=26941 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=401633 If you want to make column A bigger, place the cursor on the line which is between column A and column B. The mouse cu...

Language pack question
I have in my default settings to use the English dictionary and my regions are set to English but when I spell check, it's french. How can I fix this? See http://sbarnhill.mvps.org/WordFAQs/MasterSpellCheck.htm -- <>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< <>><<> Graham Mayor - Word MVP My web site www.gmayor.com Word MVP web site http://word.mvps.org <>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< <>><<> "wntw" <...

Problem Sending e-mails #2
People to whom I've sent e-mails recently haven't had them. When I check the settings & use the test account setting button I get a message stating"......unable to send test message. Please verify E-mail address field" I have checked the fields and they are all in order. Wondering if this could be a sever problem I sent a test message using Thunderbird & it was received ok. Any suggestions please? Henry ...

Physical Inventory Report #3
I am looking for a report which shows true item movement including any physical inventory adjustments, transfers in/out, PO's and sales/returns and Qty on Hand after transaction. Does any one have a report like this? Thanks, Jay ------=_NextPart_0001_5597FC62 Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit Good afternoon, Thank you for your post Jay. We can accomplish a lot of customer report modification requests in Microsoft Dynamics Retail Support. We do have some limitations however, such as reporting on running totals, i.e. Quantities On hand as of a specific date/tim...

sum question #2
Hi Could anyone pls calculate the following using excel? 10402.3-10251.6-150.7, the answer in excel is '-1.08002E-12' But when using calculator, the answer is 0. Please help and advice!! Thanks BT Take a look here http://www.mcgimpsey.com/excel/pennyoff.html -- HTH Bob Phillips "BT" <barrytsiu@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:OmihR77SFHA.3544@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl... > Hi > > Could anyone pls calculate the following using excel? > 10402.3-10251.6-150.7, the answer in excel is '-1.08002E-12' > > But when using calculator, the answer...

Inventory Posting Error #2
A save operation on table IV_TRX_HIST_HDR has created a duplicate key I got the above message when I posted a inventory transfer. I clicked OK and the transfer posted. Any ideas on what the above error means. The transaction number is already in the history and when you post it could not create the same number in the history table. >-----Original Message----- >A save operation on table IV_TRX_HIST_HDR has created a >duplicate key > >I got the above message when I posted a inventory >transfer. I clicked OK and the transfer posted. > >Any ideas on what the ab...

Outlook Forms question
I have created a new form for contacts. When I hit new contacts, or double click on contacts, or do anything to add a new contact, I want the form that I made to come up instead of the original. How do I do that? Andrew use the properties of the folder to use this form as the default by changing the type of form that is posted in the folder on the general tab >-----Original Message----- >I have created a new form for contacts. When I hit new contacts, or double >click on contacts, or do anything to add a new contact, I want the form that >I made to come up instead of the o...

CreateProcess question
Hi, I am trying to write an application that will launch a second application using CreateProcess... SECURITY_ATTRIBUTES sa; STARTUPINFO si; PROCESS_INFORMATION pi; ::ZeroMemory( &sa, sizeof(sa) ); sa.nLength = sizeof(sa); sa.lpSecurityDescriptor = NULL; sa.bInheritHandle = TRUE; ::ZeroMemory( &si, sizeof(si) ); si.cb = sizeof(si); ::ZeroMemory( &pi, sizeof(pi) ); // Start the child process. if ( !CreateProcess( NULL, "C:\\second_app.exe", &sa, &sa, TRUE, 0, NULL, "C:\\", &si, &pi ) ) { return; } ...

Function Question #3
Hi all, I have a function defined as follows: CEILING(3*(SUM(MID(A1159,1,1),MID(A1159,3,1),MID(A1159,5,1))) and I want to create my own one, so that once I apply to a (current) cell, it performs on the cell immediately on the left, (instead A1159...) For now, I create a function in VBA editor: Function MyCeiling(cellontheleftaddress?) ' dont know what to put as parameter myCeiling = Ceiling(3 * (Sum(Mid(cellontheleft, 1, 1), Mid(cellontheleft, 3, 1), Mid(cellontheleft, 5, 1)))0, 1))) End Function thanks for help First, I think you're missing something from your worksheet fu...

percentage in excel #2
In Excel 2000 when I enter a number such as 34 and click on the % button the answer is displayed as 3400%. How do I get this to display as 34%. Any help appreciated. Paul, Percent is a formatting option. You can either enter the value as .34 or 34 % PC "Paul" <pneville@iol.ie> wrote in message news:07fe01c36016$df1bbd70$a501280a@phx.gbl... > In Excel 2000 when I enter a number such as 34 and click > on the % button the answer is displayed as 3400%. How do I > get this to display as 34%. Any help appreciated. To get it to a percent divide it by 100 and se...