Physical Inventory Import File - Error Message (#2147217900)

We have just finished counting inventory and I want to upload the physical
counts .  I am trying to import a physical inventory file (Tab delimited)
but I get the following error message before the import is aborted:

 Error #-2147217900   Cannot resolve the collation conflict between
"Latin1_General_CI_AS" and "SQL_Latin1_General_CP1_CI_AS" in the equal to
operation.   (Source: Microsoft OLE DB Provider for SQL Server)   (SQL
State: 42000)   (NativeError: 468)   No Help file available  UPDATE
[##ST_Validation_1]
SET ImportStatus = 3
, ItemID = Item.ID
FROM Item INNER JOIN [##ST_Validation_1] ON Item.ItemLookupCode =
[##ST_Validation_1].ItemLookupCode

Any insight into this would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Gil

0
info6704 (1)
2/5/2009 6:23:38 AM
pos 14173 articles. 0 followers. Follow

GOto Store Administrator - log in wit SA password.  Then access Database =>
Colation Setting - and when you get he screen press Enter to make the
database Collation and SQL collation become the same.

Then all will work.

Afshin Alikhani - afshin@retailrealm.co.uk
Retail Realm
= = = = = = =
"Gil" <info@gardenroom.ca> wrote in message
> We have just finished counting inventory and I want to upload the physical
> counts .  I am trying to import a physical inventory file (Tab delimited)
> but I get the following error message before the import is aborted:
>
> Error #-2147217900   Cannot resolve the collation conflict between
> "Latin1_General_CI_AS" and "SQL_Latin1_General_CP1_CI_AS" in the equal to
> operation.   (Source: Microsoft OLE DB Provider for SQL Server)   (SQL
> State: 42000)   (NativeError: 468)   No Help file available  UPDATE
> [##ST_Validation_1]
> SET ImportStatus = 3
> , ItemID = Item.ID
> FROM Item INNER JOIN [##ST_Validation_1] ON Item.ItemLookupCode =
> [##ST_Validation_1].ItemLookupCode
>
> Any insight into this would be appreciated.
>
> Thanks,
> Gil

0
afshin (783)
2/5/2009 7:29:18 AM
Be wary if this is in an HQ Environment. if you start changing
collations and HQ/Store collations are different, then HQ Client comms
may stop working.

From within SO Admin, Database > Collation - Check the Server
Collation is the same as the Database collation.

All Server/Database collations should be identical across the business.

Multiple File Upload not availabe
Hi, if we open our Sharepoint-Site from the Server itself, multiple fileupload is available. If we use the external URL, this option ist not available. The firewall securing the server forwards port 80 and there is no content-filtering. Any suggestions? Best Regards Markus ------=_NextPart_0001_5C320766 Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit Are you blocking any javascripts in the browser? Check the browser settings in the machine where you are trying to open the site. Harish K ------=_NextPart_0001_5C320766 Content-Type: text/x-rtf Content-...

Physical Invotory
I am planing to buy data collector for physical invotry count I like to If I can use Symbol PPT2700 Barcode Data Collector . Is it compatible with RMS 2.0 -- Thank You Harjit SherGill /DBA Altaville Market 324 South Main st po box 370 Altaville CA 95221 Tel : 209-729-1410 vendaliajat@yahoo.com Gill, any data collector that generates a csv file will be compatible with RMS. Once the file has been uploaded to the host computer, go to RMS Inventory and import the file. You will have to set the path to the file and the file should be formatted with two fields, ILC and quantity. The da...

Import from table in another database
Hi, I really need to import a union query from another database. What I'm actually doing is importing the query as table in the query's database, and then import that table in each user application. The problem is that i can't get the table to be updated automatically :((( Is there any way to link directly to the query, or any other ideas????? -- Thanks, Sorry if my english isn''t correct, but I''m from Potugal ;) Emanuel Violante Galeano sorry to everyone, the question isn't correct, thanks to reply to my next post.... -- Thanks, Sorry if my engl...

inventory criteria
What criteria should be placed on the textbox "qty" on Form1 so that the quantity that is going to be purchased should not exceed the quantity on hand, which is shown on the textbox "unitsleft". Also if the quantity purchased exceeds the quantity on hand, what should i do so that the quantity purchased will equal the quantity on hand so that it will just purchase the remaining units instead of exceeding the quantity on hand. Is this possible? If so,pls help! Thanks! Pls reply ASAP! Really needed! Thanks again! -- ai® Message posted via AccessMonster.com http://www...

inventory unit of measure
We sell brakes in sets of four, but purchase them as an Each. When we use this system, the quantity on hand shows the amount of Each's on hand -- same with inventory counts. Because a Set of Four is set up in our system as 4 Eachs, If I set the UofM Schedule ID as Set of Four, the Base Unit of Measure (which shows on the vendor and purchasing cards) remains Each. Is there any way to get the "Set of Four" to be th Base Unit of Measure? The Base UOM is the UOM you stock in. So if you make 'Set of Four' the Base UOM, you'll have to stock it that way. You'll ...

saving mailbox to pst file
From exchange server how do I save users mailbox to a pst file? thanks bob >-----Original Message----- >From exchange server how do I save users mailbox to a pst >file? > >thanks >bob >. > Exmerge is the program you need... http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx? FamilyID=429163ec-dcdf-47dc-96da- 1c12d67327d5&displaylang=en very straight forward.. make sure you have full access to mailboxes ...

Transfer Inventory Out
Ok, so we have a customer doing a TIO to a supplier. They create the TIO, Choose the type to be Supplier, lookup the Supplier and head into the Contents tab. They use Quick Scan to add items (With Use Supplier MPQ NOT ticked) and the items list themselves fine. Some items were scanned twice but get listed twice with a quantity of 1 each. Then you click OK. Now we tried to go into issue it and we noticed that the 10 items we quick scanned in are now 17!! It has put multiple records in for a couple of the items. Has anyone seen this before/knows how tyo fix it? Regards, Matt Sorry, forgo...

Physical Inventory Report #3
I am looking for a report which shows true item movement including any physical inventory adjustments, transfers in/out, PO's and sales/returns and Qty on Hand after transaction. Does any one have a report like this? Thanks, Jay ------=_NextPart_0001_5597FC62 Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit Good afternoon, Thank you for your post Jay. We can accomplish a lot of customer report modification requests in Microsoft Dynamics Retail Support. We do have some limitations however, such as reporting on running totals, i.e. Quantities On hand as of a specific date/tim...

Importing invoices ... anybody ... anybody at all ???
Does anybody know of any possible way of importing invoices in the small business version of Money? Please??? -Jeff ...

importing to Outlook 2007
How can I move emails stored in Demon Turnpike to Outlook 2007 pinehurst <pinehurst@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > How can I move emails stored in Demon Turnpike to Outlook 2007 Export them with Demon Turnpike in whatever format it supports that's compatible with a format Outlook will import. A five second Google shows that Demon Turnpike can export in an mBox format. You should be able to import this into Outlook Express (use the Eudora or Netscape Communicator selection) and then export to Outlook from there. However, another five second consult of www.demon.net s...

Plotting - take 5 values - average - every two hours
Good Day, I am trying to come up with an automated way to retrieve data every two hours; average 5 samples then plot a point for each of the columns for a tester that creates a .csv file. The file name change daily, as in 9-1-04.csv, 9-2-04.csv, etc. The data needs to be placed in a chart format, but doesn't need to b in the same .csv file. I also need it to bypass any data that is les than 0 (example: -1) and grab the next value under it to complete the samples. Can I have a macro do this for me? I highlighted all th respective columns, I would need the time value to show when the dat w...

file size won't decrease
Hi. I have documents that I embed outlook emails with comments from reviewers. Many of the reviewers embedded the doc in their reply. I have to show the deltas between versions of my doc so I have track changes on. When I finished adding all of the signoffs and changes, my doc's file size grew from 2MB to 18MB. I know the signoffs account for roughly 16MB of the file's size. To try to fix the problem, I opened the embedded emails, delete the embedded file(s) and save the email. It doesn't seem to clear the file size. In fact, the doc is now up to 19MB. Is t...

signature file
I want to know if you can setup multiple users on the server so that when they send an email. They would see a message going out for example: This email is stricly private, if it is not yours please disreguard thanks "test123" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I want to know if you can setup multiple users on the >server so that when they send an email. They would see a >message going out for example: This email is stricly >private, if it is not yours please disreguard > >thanks It generally needs to be a blanket implementation and ht...

chemistry/physics
I am considering buying Visio 2003 standard to replace my ageing Visio 2000. I will be wanting to use it to draw structural formulae for organic chemistry. These would then be imported into Word 2003. Are any templates avilable for this purpose? I am mainly interested in straight and cyclic aliphatic compounds. I found this not so easy to do using Visio 2000. -- Cheers and thanks Bert Visio at one time offered Chemistry shapes. I can't find them on the web. A great source for shapes in general: http://www.mvps.org/visio/3rdparty.htm Chemistry Lab stuff: http://www.geocities.co...

How do you turn off a warning message
How do you turn of a warning message from coming up when an action button is clicked on during a slideshow? PowerPoint 2007 You shouldn't get a warning message. What have you got, "behind" the button? If nothing then perhaps this is why the warning is coming up. Right click on the Action Button (whilst in Normal View) / Edit Hyperlink - make sure that you have set up things correctly in here. If my comments have helped please hit Yes. Thanks. "bjebuckeye" wrote: > How do you turn of a warning message from coming up when an action ...

Message still appears with DisplayAlerts = False & SaveChanges:=Fa
In an Excel 2003 macro, I have 3 workbooks, each of which I close with this code: ActiveWindow.Close SaveChanges:=False This has run for months without incident but now, in each instance, pops up a form entitled "Document modified," with the prompt: "The active document has been changed. Save Changes?" So, I added, before the Close method: "Application.DisplayAlerts = False". The message still appears when it hits the Close. The macro was originally written in Excel 2003 & all the workbooks invloved are Excel 97-2003 .xls files. How...

Workflow
I'm stuck on how to do this. We have a custom field (picklist) in CRM that we use to track the "rating" of an account. I want CRM to send me an email anytime this rating field changes. The field contains five values in a picklist and I want to know when someone changes the value. Can't figure this one out. Any suggestions? James ...

ActiveX message trapping
Hi I have an mfc doc/view app wherein the view conatins a custom child window. This child window further conatins an 3'rd party ActiveX control. I have handled some events such as OnSetCursor, etc in child window. Is there a way to trap messages that goes to ActiveX control, so that I can handle necessary messages (such as OnSetCursor) in child window itself rather than it being handled by ocx. How can this be acheived, is subclassing the only solution ? Thanks in advance Thangaraj A.L. got it ..... KB156051 "PRB: Messages Not Received by Dynamically Created Control" ...

i try to open a hyperlink and message comes restriction on pc?
when i try to open up a hyperlink in a message i get the message back that there is a restriction on the computer and that i have to get in touch with the administrator. I am the administrator. what do i do? thanks. martha This isn't an issue with Outlook but one with IE. http://www.slipstick.com/problems/link_restrict.htm "Martha" <Martha@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:B3A3B025-68CC-42A7-ACEA-E1DC461BF2F8@microsoft.com... > when i try to open up a hyperlink in a message i get the message back that > there is a restriction on the...

How do I delete a message then automatically go to next messaage.
I outlook 2003 how do I delete a message then have it automatically open the next message. Go to Tools | Options, and on the Preferences tab, click E-mail Options...it's the first item in the dialog box that pops up. -- Jocelyn Fiorello MVP - Outlook *** Messages sent to my e-mail address will NOT be answered -- please reply only to the newsgroup to preserve the message thread. *** "Seeker" wrote: > I outlook 2003 how do I delete a message then have it automatically open the > next message. ...

Files opening at start-up
I just got a new computer and was setting up defaults in Excel, and I mistakenly entered 'My Documents' in the Tools/Options/General field for "At startup, open all files in." So when I start Excel it tries to open EVERY file in My Domuments and I have to use Task Manager to kill it. I opened in Safe Mode to change that option, but that doesn't seem to work. (Ie, when I open Excel again in regular mode it goes back to opening every file.) Is there another way to fix this? THanks! Andrew Can you use Windows Explorer to rename that "my Documents" folder, then ...

Importing win32 functions
Sorry for the simple question- If I write my own regular MFC dll I export global functions with the prefix declspec(dllexport). On the other hand when I use win32 functions I simply use them in my function without importing with the prefix declspec(dllimport). Why is this difference? Regards Ronny "Ronny" <ronny@john.com> wrote in message news:#w$ficBGJHA.4176@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl... > Sorry for the simple question- > If I write my own regular MFC dll I export global functions with the > prefix declspec(dllexport). > On the other hand when I use win32 fun...

create a physical table?
Can I create a physical table or database from a Visio .vsd model? Can I select one of the tables in the model and then have Visio create a physical table for me? if you have the visio enterprise architect edition that comes with vs.net.... al "mainspring" <mainspring@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:3C67DE0C-6BCB-4037-9BD1-1953A7711AEC@microsoft.com... > Can I create a physical table or database from a Visio .vsd model? Can I > select one of the tables in the model and then have Visio create a > physical > table for me? By referencing ADO...

How to handle consignment inventory?
To track inventory that's on consignment at various customer locations, would the answer be to set up additional site IDs for it? What if you had thousands of consignment sites - would that be a problem? So, for example, if product was moved out to 8,000 different customer sites, would you then do Inventory Transfer entries from the main warehouse site ID to the individual consignment site IDs as product is moved to the consignment locations? Then, when the product is sold, the items would be listed on invoices with the Site ID = the consignment site ID? Would it make sense to use ...

Confirm File Replace when copying mails to network drive?
Is there a "trick" to overcome the problem that arises when copying a mail to a network drive that has the same name as an existing mail already in the drive? I save useful mails onto my network rather than only in Outlook archives, but as each project has the same name I very often get the "Confirm File Replace" messge that says "this folder already contains a file named xyx. Would you like to replace the existing file with this one?" As these are two separate and different mails, I actually need to keep both! It seems that if all mails are sav...