physical count of serialized items

how RMS will deal with serialized items if we make a physical count and the
quantity was different of database.
our setting is : -require serial number when receiving inventory
                      -synchronize quantiy with serial numbers
                      -inforce unique serial in POS
how will we synchronize the serial numbers the new QTY .
any help please.
best reqards
0
BACHA11 (30)
4/9/2008 4:38:03 PM
pos 14173 articles. 0 followers. Follow

------=_NextPart_000_00F2_01C89A52.C606CF70

Bacha11,

Badly, its been reported and RMS didn't seemed too concerned.

After the item count, you must uncheck the sync with serial #, =
add/delete the serial # and then change the sync back.

--=20

Jeff=20
Check Point Software

Search this newsgroup -- http://tinyurl.com/2lmk4w  (Stolen from DRS)
=3D=3D=3D

newsgroup reader to
follow
newsreader"

http://tinyurl.com/75bgz
=3D=3D=3D

  "BACHA11" <BACHA11@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message =
  how RMS will deal with serialized items if we make a physical count =
and the=20
  quantity was different of database.
  our setting is : -require serial number when receiving inventory
                        -synchronize quantiy with serial numbers
                        -inforce unique serial in POS
  how will we synchronize the serial numbers the new QTY .
  any help please.
  best reqards
------=_NextPart_000_00F2_01C89A52.C606CF70

<HTML><HEAD>
<META http-equiv=3DContent-Type content=3Dtext/html;charset=3Dutf-8>
<META content=3D"MSHTML 6.00.6001.18023" name=3DGENERATOR></HEAD>
<BODY id=3DMailContainerBody=20
style=3D"PADDING-RIGHT: 10px; PADDING-LEFT: 10px; PADDING-TOP: 15px"=20
bgColor=3D#ffffff leftMargin=3D0 topMargin=3D0 CanvasTabStop=3D"true"=20
name=3D"Compose message area">
<DIV><FONT color=3D#008000>Bacha11,</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT color=3D#008000>Badly, its been reported and RMS didn't =
seemed too=20
concerned.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT color=3D#008000>After the item count, you must uncheck the =
sync with=20
serial #, add/delete the serial # and then change the sync =
back.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><BR>-- <BR><BR>Jeff <BR>Check Point Software</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>Search this newsgroup -- <A=20
href=3D"http://tinyurl.com/2lmk4w">http://tinyurl.com/2lmk4w</A>&nbsp; =
(Stolen=20
from =
DRS)<BR>=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=
=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
of=20
you are=20
Express.&nbsp;=20
on the=20
right.</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><A=20
</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<BLOCKQUOTE=20
  <DIV>"BACHA11" &lt;<A=20
  =
href=3D"mailto:BACHA11@discussions.microsoft.com">BACHA11@discussions.mic=
rosoft.com</A>&gt;=20
  wrote in message <A=20
  =
href=3D"news:91FF03E2-0AF1-40D7-9E22-A04B2E6E3FEC@microsoft.com">news:91F=
F03E2-0AF1-40D7-9E22-A04B2E6E3FEC@microsoft.com</A>...</DIV>how=20
  RMS will deal with serialized items if we make a physical count and =
the=20
  <BR>quantity was different of database.<BR>our setting is : -require =
serial=20
  number when receiving=20
  =
inventory<BR>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;=
&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;=20
  -synchronize quantiy with serial=20
  =
numbers<BR>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&n=
bsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;=20
  -inforce unique serial in POS<BR>how will we synchronize the serial =
numbers=20
  the new QTY .<BR>any help please.<BR>best =
reqards</BLOCKQUOTE></BODY></HTML>

------=_NextPart_000_00F2_01C89A52.C606CF70--

0
cptsoft (1248)
4/9/2008 10:02:48 PM
thank you jeff, i have a further question ,what about inter store serialized
items transfer that my company intend to allow this transfer.
how RMS will deal in this case with serials #.
best reqards

"Jeff @ Check Point Software" wrote:

> Bacha11,
>
> Badly, its been reported and RMS didn't seemed too concerned.
>
> After the item count, you must uncheck the sync with serial #, add/delete the serial # and then change the sync back.
>
> --
>
> Jeff
> Check Point Software
>
> Search this newsgroup -- http://tinyurl.com/2lmk4w  (Stolen from DRS)
>
> You must be using Outlook Express/Windows Mail or some other type of newsgroup reader to
> see and download the file attachment(s).  If you are not using a reader, follow
> under the MS Retail Management System on the right.
>
> http://tinyurl.com/75bgz
>

>   "BACHA11" <BACHA11@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:91FF03E2-0AF1-40D7-9E22-A04B2E6E3FEC@microsoft.com...
>   how RMS will deal with serialized items if we make a physical count and the
>   quantity was different of database.
>   our setting is : -require serial number when receiving inventory
>                         -synchronize quantiy with serial numbers
>                         -inforce unique serial in POS
>   how will we synchronize the serial numbers the new QTY .
>   any help please.
>   best reqards
0
BACHA11 (30)

Help with sql which counts records
Could someone help me to extend this sql to include: 1. a count of txtsole where the field is a YES/NO field and I want a count of where the answer is YES 2. a count of txtmulti where the field is a YES/NO field and I want a count of where the answer is YES 3. a count of txtsole where the field is a YES/NO field and I want a count of where the answer is YES 4. a count of txtnbrparts where the field is a number field and I want a count of where the answer greater than 1 I think I need to extend the WHERE statement? SELECT tblhvdealspt1.txtablhybrid, Count(*) AS totals, tblhvdealspt...

Item usage report #2
I am wondering if there is a report in GP that will tell me the same information as in an item transaction inquiry, except give me the remaining balance after the particualr transaction was done. ...

6 items line-column chart on 2 axis
I would like a bar chart to show (in 2 bars) the forecast dollars and actual percentage, where the forecast $$ use the right axis and the actual % use the left axis. The final 4 indicies will be charted using a line chart. When I create this chart my bars stack instead displaying beside each other presumable because each bar uses a different axis. Is there anyway to show the bars in separate columns? Thank you. http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/ColumnsOnTwoAxes.html - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP Tutorials and Custom Solutions http://PeltierTech.com _______ "...

Formula text count
I Have a list in a column that has a lot of tank numbers on a ship listed as the following: 1-1-2-V 1-1-3-V 1-1-2-F 1-1-2-F 1-1-2-J 1-1-2-F In another column, I have a list to identify whether the tank has been opened noted with a date if it has and blank if it hasn't. I'm trying to count the amount of V tanks that have been opened, J tanks that have been opened and so on. I need an if, ifcount, or vlookup formula that can do this. Any assistance would be greatly appreciated. Hi, Let's suppose that the tank numbers are in A2:A101 and dates (or blanks) are in B2:B101. In some...

Requisition Manangement-Alpha Sort Requisition Lines Items on PO
When Requisition lines are transferred to a Purchase Order the sort order of the PO line items are in a nonsensical order. Please consider bringing the line items into Purchase Order based on alphabetical order. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http:...

virtual serial ports
I am looking for information regarding virtual serial ports as I am developing an MFC application that would need to be sharing GPS data with another app and I have run out of serial ports (thanks to our touch screen) and I will be unable to add more serial ports (usb used up too). So far I have found people trying to sell me software but nothing about creating them myself. I searched this newsgroup and could not find anything useful that was software dev related. Any help would be appreciated. On Fri, 9 Dec 2005 15:09:58 -0500, Erron Walker wrote: > I am looking for information...

Physical Invotory
I am planing to buy data collector for physical invotry count I like to If I can use Symbol PPT2700 Barcode Data Collector . Is it compatible with RMS 2.0 -- Thank You Harjit SherGill /DBA Altaville Market 324 South Main st po box 370 Altaville CA 95221 Tel : 209-729-1410 vendaliajat@yahoo.com Gill, any data collector that generates a csv file will be compatible with RMS. Once the file has been uploaded to the host computer, go to RMS Inventory and import the file. You will have to set the path to the file and the file should be formatted with two fields, ILC and quantity. The da...

Counting Within a Cell
Hi, How do I count the number of digits within a cell. 4,5,6,7 The answer should be four. I don't want to count the commas. Thanks, Tom G Hi Tom Something like this will work: =LEN(SUBSTITUTE(A1,",","")) Best regards Richard Tom G wrote: > Hi, > > How do I count the number of digits within a cell. > > 4,5,6,7 > > The answer should be four. I don't want to count the commas. > > Thanks, > > Tom G On 18 Dec 2006 01:05:15 -0800, "RichardSchollar" <richardschollar@hotmail.com> wrote: >Hi Tom > >...

Count #9
Folks: I have a single column of information. Only SOME of the cells within this column contain a string of alphabetic characters. Some cells are empty. For example: Column A ABC ZEP POW ZAP * What Excel command would allow me to count the # of cells that actually contain alphabetic information within a certain range like A2:A100 Thanks, John. try = counta(A2:A100) "JoJo" wrote: > Folks: > > > > I have a single column of information. Only SOME of the cells within this > column contain a string of alphabetic characters. > Some cells are...

302 worksheet (changing item costs)
We just changed a series of costs for a particular vendor. However when we did a new PO the old costs came up. In checking the item properties we saw that the cost was changed in the general tab area but were unchanged in the supplier tab. Is this the way the program is supposed to work? Is there anyway of getting the supplier tab cost field changed easily? Any input would be appreciated. -- John G at the Tradewinds Shops John G, Yep. 140 Wizard in SO 303 Worksheet in HQ -- * "John G" <JohnG@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:8726E609-0983-4549-88BE-8...

Physical Inventory Report #3
I am looking for a report which shows true item movement including any physical inventory adjustments, transfers in/out, PO's and sales/returns and Qty on Hand after transaction. Does any one have a report like this? Thanks, Jay ------=_NextPart_0001_5597FC62 Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit Good afternoon, Thank you for your post Jay. We can accomplish a lot of customer report modification requests in Microsoft Dynamics Retail Support. We do have some limitations however, such as reporting on running totals, i.e. Quantities On hand as of a specific date/tim...

Counting values in a range
Hi to all, Range C5:C32 contains letters either "C" or "M" Range D5:D32 contains letters either "M" or "F" I want to count the number of combinations of the letters which are as follows: CM CF MM MF Starting cell D35 growing down to cell D38 I tried to write an array formula but always having an error. Thanks in Advance Khalil Handal Hi I'd simply use columns E, F, G, & H (which can be hidden if wanted) and insert the following in each:- E =IF(AND(C5="C",D5="M"),1,0) F =IF(AND(C5="C",D5=&quo...

how to count number of cells in a color ?
I have a list of data in column, they have conditioanal format to different colors, e.g. blue, red, brown. I want to count the total number of blue. How to do it ? The "CountIf" function does seem to help. Any suggestions ? Thanks. Hi Francisco See http://www.cpearson.com/excel/CFColors.htm -- Regards Ron de Bruin http://www.rondebruin.nl "Francisco" <Francisco@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:927304A5-05ED-425E-A5F5-AE981BA76DC7@microsoft.com... >I have a list of data in column, they have conditioanal format to different > colors,...

chemistry/physics
I am considering buying Visio 2003 standard to replace my ageing Visio 2000. I will be wanting to use it to draw structural formulae for organic chemistry. These would then be imported into Word 2003. Are any templates avilable for this purpose? I am mainly interested in straight and cyclic aliphatic compounds. I found this not so easy to do using Visio 2000. -- Cheers and thanks Bert Visio at one time offered Chemistry shapes. I can't find them on the web. A great source for shapes in general: http://www.mvps.org/visio/3rdparty.htm Chemistry Lab stuff: http://www.geocities.co...

count weeks
hello how can we count how many weeks we have between a specific date in a cell (A1 for example) and today? -- Croco With today in b1 try this:- =ABS((B1-A1)/7) The cell this is in must be formatted as 'Number' Mike "Croco" wrote: > hello > > how can we count how many weeks we have between a specific date in a cell > (A1 for example) and today? > -- > Croco Croco, I didn't like the decimal weeks the previous formula gives so try this instead:- =INT(ABS((B1-A1)/7))&" Weeks "&MOD(ABS(A1-B1),7)& " Days" "...

having the chart NOT count zero
I have a chart that takes in data from a column that has zeros all th way down. I want the chart not to count the all the zeros unless ther is a value higher than one, any suggestions -- Sabric ----------------------------------------------------------------------- Sabrick's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=3238 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=52881 ...

Missing Menu Items
I have a user that has the same security role in every company and her Purchasing >>Cards menu is different in some of the companies. She is supposed to see the 1099 Details, Buyers, & Customer/Vendor menu items and for some reason she sees them in some of the companies but not in others. Any ideas on what might be causing this? Thanks in advance. Can the user add the window to the shortcut bar and open it? This is a quick and dirty test to see if access has been granted if the item doesn't appear on the menu. If you are using GP 10 I would copy the user's security...

create a physical table?
Can I create a physical table or database from a Visio .vsd model? Can I select one of the tables in the model and then have Visio create a physical table for me? if you have the visio enterprise architect edition that comes with vs.net.... al "mainspring" <mainspring@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:3C67DE0C-6BCB-4037-9BD1-1953A7711AEC@microsoft.com... > Can I create a physical table or database from a Visio .vsd model? Can I > select one of the tables in the model and then have Visio create a > physical > table for me? By referencing ADO...

Tree control item is not selected.
Hi there, I found a suprising behaviour when showing a modal dialog inside OnLButtonDown of a tree view. When I do that on a new tree item it's not gonna be selected. The old item is still highlighted. Is that the desired behaviour? Here is what I do inside OnLButtonDown: void CTreeCtrlView::OnLButtonDown(UINT nFlags, CPoint point) { AfxMessageBox( "Hallo" ); CTreeView::OnLButtonDown(nFlags, point); } When I comment out AfxMessageBox() call. The new item will be selected. Any ideas? Regards, Christian > Hi there, I found a suprising behaviour when showing a ...

Excel
Trying to write a formula that creates a count if a number in a cell in an array (a column) falls within a certain range, and then adds them up: e.g. 1.9 1 3.2 0.5 I want to count if a number is greater (or equal) to 0.5 but less than 2, and then add them up to return a value (3). I've tried IF, COUNTIF, AND, OR but can't get it to work - Any ideas? Nigel. Sumproduct should prove useful here ... > .. count if a number is greater (or equal) to 0.5 but less than 2 =sumproduct((a2:a10>=0.5)*(a2:a10<2)) > .. then add them up to return a value =sumproduct((...

counting in fields
Please help Please note I am not use to using Access I would like to be able to count items in fields. I have a table which I produced by doing a query of 2 tables and making it a query table. The fields are Client no, Date, nationality, gender, postcode, marital status, and a few others. I can do a cross tab query and count the items in each in field. However what I am having trouble doing is bring this together in the one report or query. I am also open to suggestion as to better ways of obtaining my data. Thanking you for any help that you are willing to supply. please remember...

COUNT and SUM
Hello! I have: 10 100 25 50 .... I would like SUM and COUNT all values >20, for example. Thanks in advance. an =COUNTIF(A:A,">20") =SUMIF(A:A,">20") -- HTH RP (remove nothere from the email address if mailing direct) "an" <an@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:54E0E436-A5EC-44CA-BBCB-BFDEB8BBCE9D@microsoft.com... > Hello! > > I have: > 10 > 100 > 25 > 50 > ... > > I would like SUM and COUNT all values >20, for example. > > Thanks in advance. > an Many thanks. an "Bob Phillip...

Counting with spaces
Hi, How do I count a total of things with spaces inbetween? EX: 4/3/01 6 4/4/01 7 5/5/01 8 5/5/01 9 5/5/01 7 5/6/01 2 The answer I'm looking for is 4. Each date would represent a total of one. The three entries on 5/5 would be counted as one. Thanks, Tom Sub numberOfGroups() Dim r As Range, x As Integer Set r = Range("A1") x = 0 If r.Value = "" Then Set r = r.End(xlDown) Do If r.Offset(1, 0).Value = "" Then x = x + 1 Set r = r.End(xlDown) Loop While r.Row < 65536 If Not r.Value = "" Th...

Physical Inventory
I'm running Store Ops 2.0.0105. I generated a physical inventory by filtering a category & inactive = No, but not all of the items in the category were displayed on the count sheet. So the item that wasn't displayed on the count sheet didn't get counted and now my inventory is off again. Why didn't the item get added to the count sheet. This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_006C_01CAA66A.F2B7B3B0 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="utf-8" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Sammy, Dunno, would have to l...

Wrong Item In PO
Some times in a Purchase order when an item is clicked it doesn’t bring you to the item that it is supposed to. it will bring you to a completely different item. I have tried re-indexing the database but it doesn’t make any difference. It is also not something that can be recreated at will. I usually fix it by deleting the item from the PO and then adding it again. There have been instances thought where the wrong inventory was committed to the wrong item. Has anyone experienced this before or do you have any suggestions on how to fix this. Thanks What version of RMS SO are you on? I...