payment void

hi
how can i remove or void a payment that was applied tothe wrong account
thanaks in advance
0
hozay (81)
4/3/2007 3:30:02 PM
pos 14173 articles. 0 followers. Follow

You need to do an account adjustment. You will remove the payment from the
wrong account, and then apply it to the correct account.
--
Jocelyn

"hozay" wrote:

> hi
> how can i remove or void a payment that was applied tothe wrong account
> thanaks in advance
0
jocelynp (229)
4/3/2007 7:08:03 PM
thank you

"jocelynp" wrote:

> You need to do an account adjustment. You will remove the payment from the
> wrong account, and then apply it to the correct account.
> --
> Jocelyn
>

> "hozay" wrote:
>
> > hi
> > how can i remove or void a payment that was applied tothe wrong account
> > thanaks in advance
0
hozay (81)
4/3/2007 7:52:01 PM
Be warned. Every time I've use the Adjustment feature it screws up my AR
balances. I've been told by my partner not to use it, as it doesn't work the
way it should.

"hozay" <hozay@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> thank you
>
> "jocelynp" wrote:
>
>> You need to do an account adjustment. You will remove the payment from
>> the
>> wrong account, and then apply it to the correct account.
>> --
>> Jocelyn
>>

>> "hozay" wrote:
>>
>> > hi
>> > how can i remove or void a payment that was applied tothe wrong account
>> > thanaks in advance

Void of delete partialy applied check
There is a check under batch recovery that I am unable to run batch recovery on. Every time I run batch recovery on this one entry Great Plains gets frozen. How can I void or delete in database partialy applied check. Thx, Dude ...

On Account Payment
Hello everyone, I need to know if I can accept on account payments form manager screen rather than going to POS screen. Thanks Payment effect your X and Z and need to be done at the POS. Afshin Alikhani -- URL http://www.retailrealm.co.uk "Adam" wrote: > Hello everyone, > > I need to know if I can accept on account payments form manager screen > rather than going to POS screen. > > Thanks ...

SafePay and Voided Checks
We're using the SafePay module to create "issuance" files which are uploaded to the bank for fraud protection. The problem we're having is when a check is issued and then voided on the same day. When this occurs, there are two (2) entries for the same check # in the SafePay export file. As a result, when we import this through our bank utility, the file is rejected due to duplicate check numbers. The notes in the KB regarding voiding checks (as it relates to SafePay) suggests voiding the check on a different day ... or generating / uploading the issuance file with ...

Invoice payment error
I had submitted this question a few days ago with no response, so I'm resubmitting with more information. There is an invoice showing a balance due on the aged trail balance report. However, when a document inquiry is run for this invoice, it is showing paid in full. I found the transaction in the RM20201 table (Receivables Open Transaction File) with a 0 in the Posted field. It's the only record in that table with that value. What can I do to resolve this? This transaction is from a prior year. Thanks for any help you can give! daw Usually, running Reconcile will correc...

Payment Payment
Hi I have created Sales invoice and posted the invoice Then I have made Payment against that invoice the posted the payment When I go to enquire and see the status of payment it is showing as open not the Hist What I have to do make this payment as Hist data. Regards Srinivasan Srinivasan, In GP Receivables transactions do not automatically move to History when they are fully applied. The reason for this is that you cannot unapply and re-apply historical transactions and you cannot NSF or void historical transactions in Receivables. So these will stay 'Open' until you manuall...

Credit Card Trans voided from EDC batch without Void Ever taking p
As ironic as this is, I have never seen this happen before. This customer is using the Prefferred Aquirer EDC credit card processing. RMS 1.3.1002. This transaction did have a customer attached to the sale. They ran a credit card transaction for the amount of $180.00. They recieved an authorization code. at the end of the day the EDC batch showed the transaction as being VOID. This was the only void in the EDC batch. I have ran reports, and cannot find any void taking place for that transaction. There are no voided transaction reciepts in the Journal. there is no Voided transaction ...

Partial payment of a bill?
Is it possible to make a partial payment of a bill...which the balance stays as an open bill? Thanks See http://umpmfaq.info/faqdb.php?q=132 for some thoughts on this problem. "redruthann" <redruthann@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:A0FE488C-5752-413C-B983-1F486D548D03@microsoft.com... > Is it possible to make a partial payment of a bill...which the balance > stays > as an open bill? ...

M Money payment date reset issues
If I have a bill set up to pay by some date, it is almost impossible for me to reset the date once the time has slipped past the amount of time the program thinks it has to pay the bill. I have tried everything! In most cases, I just delete the entire series, and even then the program "remembers" the old series pay date and refuses to accept the electronic pay. I have even resorted to a stamp and a written check to get my bills paid! This is absolutely maddening! Does anyone have a magic solution to how you force the electronic pay to send the payment through if you slip past the nu...

Researching payments
Hello there, we have times when we will receive payments that state they are for more than the original invoice. Example: 1,100 payment Invoice A - 250 Remittance says apply 250 Invoice B - 250 Remittance says apply 250 Invoice C - 250 Remittance says apply 250 Invoice D - 250 Remittance says apply 350 The 100 stays open until it is being historically researched or the customer calls. The problem is, by the time the research is needed, we have lost track of the fact that it was invoice D that the customer attempted to overpay. Since GP prevents you from over-applyi...

How can I figure present value of a stream of payments?
Same as Subject Look in help for the PV function Regards, Peo Sjoblom "shep" wrote: > Same as Subject ...

Scheduled Payments
Is there a way to edit each payment amount after the schedule is created? For instance, instead of having equal payment amounts, each payment is a different percentage of the total amount due. Yes. Click on the Amortize button and make the changes. "Elaine" wrote: > Is there a way to edit each payment amount after the schedule is created? > For instance, instead of having equal payment amounts, each payment is a > different percentage of the total amount due. ...

credit card payment void
When an AP invoice was paid with a credit card, and then the payment and/or invoiced (for the credit card vendor) are voided it is difficult to get the General Ledger posting to come out correctly. The only options are to have the purchase account for the credit card company be the same as the payables account for the credit card company or to edit the voided invoiced (for the credit card vendor) when it gets to GL. My suggestion would be this: When a void is done for an invoice for the credit card company that was created automatically for a payment with another vendor, then that pa...

Stop Payment
Money 2003 Check was stolen; Stop Payment Placed at Bank; Marked Transastion as Void. Problem: $ amount on Reports shows as $ paid to Payee. When I run my yearend reports, the $ amount will be incorrect for my taxes. Is there a better was to show that a check had payment stopped or how do I make the report not include the voided amount? This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_003D_01C366AC.CD9AFB00 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Don't know if it would fit your situation - but I create...

Post date EFT payments
Hello All, Does anyone have access to this Techknowledge Document ID 33794? I am unable to locate it. We are on V10 and this is still an issue. Does anyone know if there is a fix? The only workarounds I can think of is changing the system date or manually changing the date on the upload file. Thanks Daniel "Joyce Furry" wrote: > Problem: The effective date of the batch pulls from the date the EFT file is > generated. The effective date of the batch SHOULD BE the check date of the > batch. > > Therefore, if we generate a file on Wednesd...

Applied payment in payables with no payment
We were applying a manual payment and had a glitch - (not responding) When we re-opened GP there are a number of invoices showing completely applied, even though the payment was deleted. I have run reconcile, check links and no difference. Too much work has been done to consider a restore - any other ideas? Thanks Gloria, You can go to sql enterprise manager and update the CURTRXAMT to zero (or the outstanding amount) in table PM20000. Gerald "Gloria" wrote: > We were applying a manual payment and had a glitch - (not responding) When > we re-opened GP there are a...

Stop pays and voids
Hello everyone! I am trying to determine which payments have been voided due to error and which ones have been voided because of a stop payment issuance. Any ideas on how to sort through this dilemma? ...

duplicated electronic payments
I normally go to my bank's web site to initiate/schedule online payments (Mortgage, credit card, utilities etc..) They get downloaded into money automatically but they do not get matched to the scheduled payments I have created in ms money (bills and deposits) for the same items. This results in two transactions showing up in the transaction list; one is "scheduled" (from the bank, which I can not edit) the other is the automatic transaction that ms money created. I want to keep the transaction that Money created because it has the correct information associated with is (like ...

Scheduled Payments should produce invoices for the payment amount
Since scheduled payments allow you to break invoices into multiple payments based on a particular schedule, you should be able to generate an invoice to submit to the customer for the payment due and not just an amortization schedule. Right now it's done by printing a document from the RM inquiry window. For customers using a lot of this function, printing the invoices is really inefficient. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the...

Void Checks
Hello - I work with a 3rd party integrator and need to find where the void checks are stored in Great Plains. Does anyone know how I can find these in the table(s)? Many thanks in advance! amanda PM30200 with a DocType = 6 and Voided =1 "alj" wrote: > Hello - > > I work with a 3rd party integrator and need to find where the void > checks are stored in Great Plains. Does anyone know how I can find > these in the table(s)? > > Many thanks in advance! > amanda > ...

Setting vendor payments with different payment terms
Hi I'm using Money for Home and buisness. If I want to set up a vendor that I pay NET + 30. for example: I will see the actual expense on 7/22 but the cash flow will happen on 8/22. How do I do that? If I set up a bill for the 8/22 then the expense is also record on August, but actually the expense took place on July. Please assist. Thanks! ...

Error with on-line payment (Money 2002)
My computer locked up in the middle of sending an e- payment. My bank got the payment but Money shows to transaction is still pending. Because of this, Money doesn't show the payment in the resgister and it won't let me delete or edit the payment since it still shows it as pending. Can anybody tell me how to delete this transaction???? THANKS!!! Don ...

Payment Batches and Zero Amounts
Our accounts staff have asked me if there is a way to get GP v8.0 to not assign a payment number against vendors that have a zero balance - since it assigns a payment number it also assigns a cheque number - we hand write cheques. Currently they run thru the list& delete zero payment amounts - but because business is expanding its becoming harder and harder to do this... Is there anyway to exclude zero amounts from the payment batch?? Thanks Theo Believe article Zero Dollar Checks and Remittance (861276) addresses my concerns - will test this Theo >-----Original Message----- ...

Matching DL Deposits with Invoice Payments
I have setup Money 2004 Small Business to download transactions from my bank. This is working fine. Most of the deposits are payments received for invoices. When I download the deposit record from the bank, it does not match the transaction with the existing transaction that was created when I run the "Receive payment for invoice" task in the Accounts Receivable window. Furthermore, when I try to manually match the downloaded transactions, the deposits created manually do not appear. What is wrong here? Is there something I'm missing or is there a problem with the program? ...

AR: Bulk Void of Invoices
Is there a way to bulk void a range of AR invoices in Great Plains 10? I have a user who imported in a batch of invoices that they shouldn't have and there is about 300 of them so 1 by 1 is going to be tedious. Thanks, Jason Is the batch already posted? If not, you could use the Receivables Batch Entry screen to choose the batch and delete. If it's already posted, your only option is a SQL script. Best regards, -- MG.- Mariano Gomez, MIS, MCP, PMP Maximum Global Business, LLC http://www.maximumglobalbusiness.com "Jason" wrote: > Is there a way to bulk void a range...

Void a Manual Payment that has been Applied
I want to void a manual payment but it has already been matched to an invoice. The problem is the manual payment was incorrectly keyed for more than the invoice so I am really trying to fix that by voiding it and rekeying it. However, when I go to void it I get an error message that says it can't be voided if it has been partially applied. So I go to the Apply screeen but then I can't unapply the payment in the "Apply Payables Docuyment". It seems as soon as it is matched it disappears from this screen. I thought I would need to unapply the document then void it but ...