OPOS keyboard (driver wanted?)

Hi,

I make a small line of keyboards for PC's that connect via PS/2, RS-232
or USB.  I have a customer asking me if I have an OPOS driver and I'm
not sure what that entails.  I am looking for someone that can write
one -- once I figure out what it is ;-)  Can someone point me in the
right direction?  I understand that such a driver allows you to (among
other things) set the focus of the key data to windows other than the
topmost one.  Also, is there some kind of hardware requirement for OPOS
or OLE for Retail Point Of Sale?  I do have some products that are
programmable...

Does an OPOS driver just hook the keyboard port and provide an API for
getting the data out?

Thanks,
GB

0
grantbt (1)
4/14/2006 3:43:41 PM
pos 14173 articles. 0 followers. Follow

GB,

I would start here; http://monroecs.com/

--
*

You must be using Outlook Express or some other type of newsgroup reader to
see and download the file attachment.  If you are not using a reader, follow
the link below to setup Outlook Express.  Click on "Open with newsreader"

http://tinyurl.com/75bgz

**********

<grantbt@jps.net> wrote in message
Hi,

I make a small line of keyboards for PC's that connect via PS/2, RS-232
or USB.  I have a customer asking me if I have an OPOS driver and I'm
not sure what that entails.  I am looking for someone that can write
one -- once I figure out what it is ;-)  Can someone point me in the
right direction?  I understand that such a driver allows you to (among
other things) set the focus of the key data to windows other than the
topmost one.  Also, is there some kind of hardware requirement for OPOS
or OLE for Retail Point Of Sale?  I do have some products that are
programmable...

Does an OPOS driver just hook the keyboard port and provide an API for
getting the data out?

Thanks,
GB

0
spam3944 (2164)

back to front keys on keyboard
Somebody PLEASE help. I was pressing Ctrl, Alt and 4 to retrieve the euro sign, and must of accidentally pressed another combination of keys, as now the euro sign does not work, and if i try to get the @ sign, i get the " symbol, and so on. This is a large spreadsheet, and it is not practical for me to redo it on another workbook. It is only on this workbook at the moment, but on every worksheet throughout. Does anybody out there know how to revert back to the original keyboard settings??? ...

Missing drivers
I am, according to NORTON, missing two (2) drivers (Windows XP Pro, Office 2007): CLSID\{1171A62F-05D2-11D1-83FC-00A0C9089C5A}\InprocServer32 CLSID\{182EC0BE-5110-49C8-A062-BEB1D02A220B}\InprocServer32 Is there a location on the net where I can gather and install these (I've attempted MS - no help there). -- TAGDENNIS Dennis wrote: > I am, according to NORTON, missing two (2) drivers (Windows XP Pro, > Office 2007): > > CLSID\{1171A62F-05D2-11D1-83FC-00A0C9089C5A}\InprocServer32 > > CLSID\{182EC0BE-5110-49C8-A062-BEB1D02A220B}\InprocServer32 &...

RMS Add new OPOS device
Hi I need to add new OPOS pinpad to RMS. How can I do it ? In store operation manager Database-> Registers -> RegisterList can be use for some other devicess like Ploe Display. But there is no option for PinPAD. So it is greatfull if someone can help me on this. thank you. HI Har, There is option available, if the device is unknow to RMS then you have to configrue Microsoft OPOS service objects: 1. Go go Start > Program Files > Microsoft Retail..... 2. Click on Configure Microsoft OPOS Service Objects 3. Select PINPAD from Device, then click on New button to \ 4. Enter the P...

OPOS and OPOS Driver
Hi all, I would like to know about OPOS and OPOS Drivers. Could someone give me references and resources for that (links, books, news group, ....) ? btw: sorry if this message is out of line for this forum Thanks Very Much Edgard Edgard Lima wrote: > Hi all, > > I would like to know about OPOS and OPOS Drivers. > > Could someone give me references and resources for that (links, books, news > group, ....) ? > > btw: sorry if this message is out of line for this forum > > Thanks Very Much > Edgard > > Welcome to Hell. I've spent 3 Days t...

I want to set up a book
I want to set up an 8 page book double sided print and ewant to know how to get started. Hi Geoff Barrett (Geoff Barrett@discussions.microsoft.com), in the newsgroups you posted: || I want to set up an 8 page book double sided print and ewant to know || how to get started. What size book/page? -- Brian Kvalheim Microsoft Publisher MVP http://www.publishermvps.com ~pay it forward~ This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. Brian, I want to set a booklet up using 8 x 11 paper and I have Publisher 2003 and Word but don't seem to get anywher...

ODBC SQL Server Driver
Was attempting to do a historical aged trial balance I get the error message "[Microsoft][ODBC SQL Server Driver][DBNETLIB]General network error. Check your network documentation." I have checked the server and it has all of the latest patches including the newest MDAC. Any help anyone can provide with this error would be greatly appreciated. Pardon me if this sounds trite but it burned me at a site once......Did you check the service packs of MS-SQL on the server?? Richard L. Whaley Author/Consultant www.AccoladePublications.com "sgreer" wrote: > Was attemp...

Excel xp giving me CAN when I want CNA entry in a cell.
Tried looking at the menus but cant find the right one. Tools|autocorrect options|autocorrect tab. will A wrote: > > Tried looking at the menus but cant find the right one. -- Dave Peterson Wow, I missed that menu, thanks so much for your help Dave. "Dave Peterson" wrote: > Tools|autocorrect options|autocorrect tab. > > will A wrote: > > > > Tried looking at the menus but cant find the right one. > > -- > > Dave Peterson > ...

USB or OPOS
Hi, What would you recomend for a scanner interface? USB as keyboard input or Serial with OPOS Drivers Thanks, Sacha I've used both type and have found the USB scanner works as well as the PS/2 keyboard wedge type. I use the Metrologic ms 9540 and it is plug and play for the most part. Paul H./Eastern National "Sacha Favelevic" wrote: > Hi, > > What would you recomend for a scanner interface? > > USB as keyboard input or Serial with OPOS Drivers > > Thanks, > > Sacha > > > ...

opos programming
Hi everyone! I'm a Spanish programmer. I'm starting to program a pos and I listen about OPOS. Does anyone use them? I'm looking for about them in internet and I found the http://monroecs.com/ page, but I don't know if this is a old way to program or actually way. Can anyone help me? Thank you very much. Jon ...

i want to input data into a range from a simple input location 03-05-10
I am building a matrix 48X48 and rather than going to that tab and locating the location i want to have a tab as an input page to type in one of the "Y" and an "X" and type in the number i want at that location. Front end of a Data base type input - Y location _____ X location _____ Data to input _____ Enter data Tab Add the following macro to a button: Sub MatrixFill() With ActiveSheet ActiveWorkbook.Sheets("table2").Range("A1:AV48").Cells(.Range("A1"), .Range("A2")) = .Range("A3") End With ...

Excel 2003 with SP3: border around active cell not moving when using keyboard?
When I use the arrow keys on the keyboard, the border around the active cell does not move to the next cell. Only the horizontal/ vertical scroll bars move. This started happening 2 days ago. Any ideas what options I may have accidentally toggle? Your SCROLL LOCK key is on. Press it again to turn it off. The key is typically labeled "ScrLk" and is above the Insert/Home/PageUp buttons. Most keyboards have an LED indicator lamp that is illuminated when Scroll Lock is on. Also, Excel will display "SCRL" in the lower right corner of the main Excel window when Scroll Lock ...

Out of Office set-up with an exchage server help wanted
Hi I am trying to configure the Out of Office Assistant in Outlook 2000 & 2002. i don't use an exchnage server. Does anyone have any links to sites with step-by-step details on setting this up and creating an oft template? Sean Did you start this quest by reading http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;248830? -- Neo [MVP Outlook] Due to the Swen virus, all e-mails sent to this account will be deleted w/out reading. "Sean" <fake@fake.com.au> wrote in message news:hmcb10h0ia7adv4f5v2u07aaaqa3o0gjbq@4ax.com... > > Hi > > I am trying to...

Symbols using the keyboard
In previous versions of Excel there were ALT + functions that allowed the insertion of symbols using only the keyboard rather than a dropdown box. Does anyone know if these are still in place and if so, how I might get a listing of the necessary numbers, etc. to make use of these? Lindsay Still available, using Alt+[number] from the numeric keypad. I use the symbol viewer via Start>Accessories>System Tools and look in the corner after selecting the character, but you could do it this way. Enter a 1 in cell A1 and copy a series down to Cell A256 so you have 1-256 in column A. ...

Drivers are interfering with Windows in and out sleep mode
OS Windows Vista Home Basic My computer is slow when entering in and resumes from sleep mode. System and maintenance/Performance Information and Tools displays the warnings: THESE DRIVERS ARE CAUSING WINDOWS TO STAND BY OR HIBERNATE SLOWLY NVIDIA Compatible Windows Vista Kernel Mode Driver Version 175.21 Filename: nvlddmkm.sys Publisher: NVIDIA Corporation Device: NVIDIA GeForce6150SE nForce 430 There is a foot note: If you no longer use the device considering uninstalling it. THESE DRIVERS ARE CAUSING WINDOWS TO RESUME SLOWLY NVIDIA Compatible Windows Vista Kernel Mod...

R4 ds/dsi firmware-drivers de R4 Sdhc. R4 ultra, R4 new, R4 III upgrade, R4 v3
Hola,, aqui teneis una web donde encontre una recopilacion de firmware o drivers de las R4 Sdhc ,R4 Ultra,R4 New, R4 III Upgrade. R4 Dsi, R4 ui. http://www.r4spain.com/tienda Pinchas en el enlace de arriba y en la parte inferior izda haces click en el boton DESCARGAR, aparecera un menu con muchos driver para distintas R4 DS. Espero que os sirva de ayuda. Saludetes Gorka ...

I don't want the last line of each paragraph justified
Hello, I am writing a rather large document and only now I have decided to have the text justified rather than left alignment. However each time I try, Word justifies the last line of each paragraph and so it looks rather silly each final line looking somewhat like this. Can anyone help me with this? I want the text to be justified, yes, but have each line at the end also with words spaced normally, as in a normal book or article. Thank you, sincerely, Jules Make sure that you created true paragraphs, that is, tha...

Exchange 2000
Hi, Exchange 2000 SP3. I am under a directory harvesting attack - have been for a long time. I get 5-10,000 emails a day to non-existent users. I would like to stop NDRs from the postmaster. I use an SMTP connector. In its properties, Delivery Restrictions, I have added reject messages from postmaster, but they still go out. Am I doing something wrong or is there another way to do this? (I do realize that successfully blocking the NDRs means legitimate ones will be blocked as well). Thanks, Peter In Exchange 2000, you are limited to the functions of tarpitting or the ability to check t...

OPOS
Good evening, I'm trying to create an interface to use a printer (with a communication protocol not compatibile with OPOS specific and windows driver) that have a proprietary comm. protocol... My idea is to create a stub with a COM interface to implement an ole pos printer to allow with a custom receipt to send commands to this printer (it's a fiscal printer, but the hardware is compatible with tm epson printer).. I have the documentation of UnifiedPOS, and also documents of OPOS documents.. but no headers, library or samples ... Anyone can help me with a basic support to i...

Change drivers from 1 to 2 processors
We have several identical computers (Dell Dimension 3100 XP Pro SP3). I just noticed that one of them was only detecting a single processor in Task Manager, environment variable, Virtual PC etc. even though Device Manager was correctly detecting both processors. When I looked under "Computer" in Device Manager I noticed that Windows was using the uni processor driver (ACPI Uniprocessor PC). From the Recovery Console I replaces hal.dll, ntoskrnl.exe, ntkrnlpa.exe with files from one of the other PC (the multi processor version). When I rebooted the computer correctl...

option to change keyboard language has dissapeared!
it used to be at the bottom right corner and it said EN. I want to put the keyboard to french. help! Re: option to change keyboard language has dissapeared! This is a feature of windows (not powerpoint) but ... Something along the lines of control panel > regional and language > languages > details > language bar > in their is the setting you want to turn the "en" bit back on cheers TAJ Simmons PowerPoint Master http://www.awesomebackgrounds.com awesome - powerpoint templates, powerpoint backgrounds, free samples, ppt tutorials... "matt...

I want to do clean install with OEM disc
I want to do clean install with OEM disc - will it work with same product ID On Sat, 31 Jul 2010 23:14:56 +0100, "Chris K" <reply@the.board> wrote: > I want to do clean install with OEM disc - will it work with same product ID Do you mean Product key? Yes. -- Ken Blake, Microsoft MVP (Windows Desktop Experience) since 2003 Please Reply to the Newsgroup computer keylogger - Auto Keylogger records everything that is entered from the keyboard, to an encrypted file.for more information pls visit http://www.downloadsversion.com/Auto_Keylogger_8214-7.h...

Help please
I have an Excel 2003 spreadsheet that I keep golf scores and with some formulas I maintain my golf handicap. I would like to have an interface, form, etc that will allow me to do the following: 1) Enter data for a golf round (name, date, course, rating1, rating2, score) 2) Display data for a golfer 3) Perform functions on the data in the spreadsheet (modify/delete data, compute handicaps, etc) I'm not sure if there is something within Excel (VBA?) that will allow this or if there is some shareware or freeware that is specifically designed for this but any help would be gre...

I want to overlay three data sets in the same chart
Imagine I have three regions and four variables. I am trying to show a comparative analysis of each variable but highlighted on a seperate vertical line that easily displays which region is which. Any ideas? Something like this? http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/StackedCharts.html - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP Peltier Technical Services Tutorials and Custom Solutions http://PeltierTech.com/ _______ T Charts ??? Litvin wrote: > Imagine I have three regions and four variables. I am trying to show a > comparative analysis of each variable but highlighted on ...

6 in 1 combo driver-need a driver
I have a USB-HUB 6 in 1 combo card reader with 3 USBs that I need to attached to my laptop that only has one USB (work laptop, not my choice). When connected it says "USB not recognized" ; I have seen this in the past and have removed the battery and still says the same thing. I had it working, although everytime I bumped it, it would install and uninstall.....I looked at properties and it does not have a driver, and no roll back driver , of course. I have looked but most programs do not autodetect this device. My combo has no identifying name and I bought in on line...

Keyboard shortcut to follow hyperlink?
Excel 2003 Is there a default keyboard shortcut for following the hyperlink in a cell? (WITHOUT having to use the mouse.) Or will I have to create a macro and assign a keyboard shortcut to it? Thanks Hi, Place the cursor in the hyperlink cell and Do Right Click Using Keyboard Right Click Button which is available before the Right Cntrl Button and Press the "O" Button to select the Open Hyperlink from your keyboard. --------------------- Ms-Exl-Learner --------------------- On Aug 10, 4:13=A0pm, wal <ress6...@verizon.net> wrote: > Excel 2003 > > Is there a defa...