Operation is not allowed when the object is closed

I seem to be getting this error from the client side of Headquarters quite
often, and I can't seem to find any solution online. The MessageBox also
says: "(Unhandled Error, state = '7')"
Seems to me this could possibly be a programming error, but I'm not sure.
pos 14173 articles. 0 followers. Follow

Does anyone know of a solution to this problem? Or, does anyone know if this
is a problem that they haven't dealt with yet, or at least whether this is a
problem I'm supposed to deal with or they are supposed to deal with?

"Cribstoteens" wrote:

> I seem to be getting this error from the client side of Headquarters quite
> often, and I can't seem to find any solution online. The MessageBox also
> says: "(Unhandled Error, state = '7')"
> Seems to me this could possibly be a programming error, but I'm not sure.

"the operation has timedout" error
Hi All, I am getting the following error. Is it possible to increase the timeout period of a web service? Event Type: Error Event Source: UKDynamics Event Category: (6) Event ID: 103 Date: 15/10/2008 Time: 14:41:52 User: N/A Computer: XXXXXXXXXX Description: Message:- Failure occured during Synchronisation of Locations from XXXXX to CRM. The operation has timed out Type:- System.Net.WebException Source:- System.Web.Services at System.Web.Services.Protocols.WebClientProtocol.GetWebResponse(WebRequest request) at System.Web.Services.Protocols.HttpWebClientProtocol.GetWeb...

Outlook 2003 crashing/not closing
I am having ongoing, though random, problems with Outlook 2003 crashing and not closing. In a recent post the following were listed as reasons for it not closing: 1. PDA synchronization software with your PDA in the cradle. 2. WinFax Pro (especially 10.02 in Outlook 2003) - contact their support for an alleged fix. 3. Franklin-Cover Plan Plus! 4. COM Add-ins. 5. Mail reminder add-ins that keep a stub of Outlook open in the background to check for new mail and fire reminders. 6. Anti-virus/firewall programs that are set to scan incoming and outgoing mail. I only have item 1 (Palm Ho...

Invalid object name 'PM00200'
After clone existing company, I get error "Invalid object name 'PM00200'" while opening Cards -> Purchasing -> Vendor. I check of existing this table in database - is OK. Granting rights to PM00200 is not solve this problem (grant select,update,insert,delete on PM00200 to DYNGRP). What wrong and how I can solve this problem? Please help... how did you clone the company? The right way to do it is to restore a backup as the cloned database. HS "Denisio" <Denisio@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:C79425E5-237D-4470-A89B-FD67CF0958A5...

Moveable Graphic Object? tutorials
I am looking at a project which will require me to venture into some new territory. I have been searching the net and appear to have not hit on the correct keywords to find what I am looking for. I need to write an application which draws objects on a canvas, but I need the objects to remain objects so they could be moved around. Basically the same sort of functionality found in Visual Studio Design mode where I can pull a button out of the toolbox and after it has been placed, move it to somewhere else. Looking at the generated code, I see how buttons are created and positioned...

No ability to Save and Close a meeting
But this is sporadic, sometimes a meeting can be saved and closed and other times I can't save, but have to resend the entire meeting. I truly need a fix for this, since I work with C-level execs and need to add notes to their meetings that's only for their eyes. Version of Outlook? Any addins installed? -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com/ Outlook Tips by email: mailto:dailytips-subscribe-request@lists.outlooktips.net EMO - a weekly newsletter about Ou...

allow all text to be seen in a cell in microsoft excel
im tryin to format a cell so that it automatically gets bigger if i type a large amount of text. can ne1 help?? thanx a lot There is a limit on how much is displayed and a limit on how much can be copied. For Excel 2003, the display limit is 1024 characters. Cell can hold 32,767 characters. Formula bar will display up to 32,767 characters. Quantro Pro? is Excel's rival. It might be more flexible. "s.gun" wrote: > im tryin to format a cell so that it automatically gets bigger if i type a > large amount of text. > can ne1 help?? thanx a lot S, You'll need ...

PO Entry
Allow for entry of multiple GL account numbers at time per line item on a purchase order. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http://www.microsoft.com/Businesssolutions/Community/NewsGroups/dgbrowser/en-us/default.mspx?mid=9e64684a-da94-4261-a8d7-1342717587...

FAILED OPERATION
publisher will not connect to outlook when sending email attachment What version Publisher? What version Outlook? The Send This Page as Message command is not available when you click Send E-mail on the File menu in Publisher 2003 http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;884425 -- Mary Sauer MS MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "fits nicely" <fits nicely@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:452BD0E4-6742-4A99-B86E-3CB2AF88500A@microsoft.com... > publisher will not connect to outlook when sendi...

calling objects method
Hello, I have a collection of objects. Each object has few properties and few methods, among which: save, delete, recall and others. The "save" method of each object runs few private class functions to double check data and if everything is fine it adds the data collected in few tables. I would need a way to iterate the objects in the Collection (and I know how to do this) and call for each of them the "save" method. Is this possible? Hoping first it is clear... Thanks, Rocco it should be: myCollectionName.Item(itemIndex).Save ....I guess... "ro...

Dual cash drawer operation
I have a prospect that has a news and gift store, and also sells lottery tickets. He would like to use a separate cash drawer at the POS, to enable him to keep the state money separate from other sales monies. He wants to kick the second drawer for this transaction. Can this be handled at the POS? Thanks for the help. Ralph. Hi Ralf :-) Do they accept other tender types for these transactions "can I pay with VISA for lottery tickets?" I'm just curious... maybe Vince has some tips :-) I know this isn't the answer you are looking for... but how about at the end of ...

Excel found unreadable content in 'stock.chart.object.xlsm'
When I create a secondary axis [because I want to overlay a moving average on the bars] and save the workbook the chart is unrecoverable when I try to reload the workbook later. I get a message saying "Excel found unreadable content in 'stock.chart.object.xlsm'. Do you want to recover the contents of this workbook?" When I reply 'yes' the spreadsheet is displayed without the chart. A 'no' reply loses the entire workbook. I have tested it enough in various ways to feel confident that it is probably the secondary axis addition that is the problem. Any su...

Allow mulitpul users to see a linked excel table at once?
I have an excel sheet that gets refreshed each day. I've linked a table to it. I've split the database and have a copy of the front end on other users desktop computeres so various users can look at the data at the same time. However, when one user is looking at the linked excel file no other user is able to see the linked excel data files. I thought the excel link would be read only and all users could see the data at the same time. ...

550 NDR: NUL characters are not allowed
Im receiving an NDR #5.5.0 smtp;550 Requested action not taken: NUL characters are not allowed.> when bouncing messages to an msx 2000 box from a msx 2003 box from within the same organisation but in different routing groups. I can receive messages from the msx 2000 box and I can also send to and receive from external email addresses. Im having dreams about this one so any help would be appreciated! terrytowling@hotmail.com.au (Terry) wrote in message news:<e6wzKB4bEHA.212@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl>... > Im receiving an NDR #5.5.0 smtp;550 Requested action not taken: NUL > charac...

Dealing with Objects
Hello, I've written an FTP application that basically works like this: Class A uses CTreeCtrl class Class B is a dialog class So, to populate a tree and perform tree operations, class B creates an object of class A and invokes its functions. To get a file, user clicks on a button "Get" in class B and a function handling "Get" operations uses object B to invoke classB.OnGet() method which obtains two file names and through its tree handling procedures and do the file transfer. Here is the problem: when I use classB.OnGet() call in class A, the file names I get ar...

"Sticky" prices for parts in Store Operations
Hi, When we go into store operations, bring up a part and check it's price, then go into another part - RMS seems to "remember" the last part's price. eg. we look at, say, a bolt - it is $3.50, we close that, open up, say, a truck (just an example) - this truck now shows a price of $3.50! In POS where we do the invoices, it has the right price for the truck... but we don't want to do an invoice when just looking up parts for a verbal query. This is a strange one, has anyone else seen this or knows where I can start looking? Thanks, Daniel This issue was fixed...

Operator precedence (order of operate) =A1/A2*A3^5-(A1+A2)
Hi, what is the order of operating and calculating in this formula? =A1/A2*A3^5-(A1+A2) 1- A1+A2 2- A1/A2 3- A3^5 4- A2*A3 Regards. If it were me, I'd put parens in to ensure I get the calculation I want. "Masood Shahab" <masshahab@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:e9d5QwzsFHA.3928@TK2MSFTNGP15.phx.gbl... > > Hi, > what is the order of operating and calculating in this formula? > =A1/A2*A3^5-(A1+A2) > > 1- A1+A2 > > 2- A1/A2 > > 3- A3^5 > > 4- A2*A3 > > > > Regards. > > > Masood Shahab wrote... &...

You cannot perform this operation at the moment.There is an online operation in progress.
Do you know why is the following message appearings "You cannot perform this operation at the moment.There is an online operation in progress.Please try again later". I have nothing running in the background. I am trying to import a file by downloading from the web and then clicking "Open" button. Some activity is in process, either the one you initiated or another one Money piggy-backed on your request. Money does some auto-processing on imported files, trying to match the file transactions to existing Money transactions. It doesn't let you make any transac...

OLE Object (pdf doc Files )
Is there a way to extract information from an ole object? I have a form that displays a PDF and a word document as an OLE Object. This is fine on an access form and works well but I require to also provide links to these documents via a web interface. I know that I could and have set up hyperlinks in text fields that work ok but then these do not show the document on the form like the OLE Object. My question is, is there a way to extract the informationj held in the OLE odject (using VBA) so that I can get the system to automatically retrieve the path to the PDF and place it into ...

Operation is not allowed when the object is closed
I seem to be getting this error from the client side of Headquarters quite often, and I can't seem to find any solution online. The MessageBox also says: "(Unhandled Error, state = '7')" Seems to me this could possibly be a programming error, but I'm not sure. Does anyone know of a solution to this problem? Or, does anyone know if this is a problem that they haven't dealt with yet, or at least whether this is a problem I'm supposed to deal with or they are supposed to deal with? "Cribstoteens" wrote: > I seem to be getting this error from t...

Automatically closing find and replace window
Is there a way in Access to automatically close or hide the find and replace dialog box after a match is located, instead of having to click the close button or hit the escape key? Thanks, Terry Terry, Since your using the Access Find and Replace there is no way you can close it. You could make your own Find and Replace form by using a recordsetclone using a FindFirst for your recordset. "Terry" wrote: > Is there a way in Access to automatically close or hide the find and replace > dialog box after a match is located, instead of having to click the close > butt...

The RMS integration should allow for store dept code mapping
If it is possible to map the various accounts for the different stores, could it be possible to map the departments, even though they may be standard, to different item classes for each site (store). This is because some Great Plains set ups have item classes for the same items but differentiated by the different sites they are in. An example is say you have the item 'cell phone' that one sells. One then has 3 stores that they sell them in and in Great Plains they have set up 3 sites. To track item movement per store they have set up item classes for each site for example 'c...

Not allowing printing or exporting from Outlook
One of our customers has asked us to setup a policy that does not allow certain people to print or export data from Outlook. Can this be done? The server is a Small Business Server 2003 server and the clients are Outlook 2003. =?Utf-8?B?R0hO?= <GHN@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in news:508E3B2A- 065B-42F1-B5BE-05CDC969E625@microsoft.com: > One of our customers has asked us to setup a policy that does not allow > certain people to print or export data from Outlook. Can this be done? > > The server is a Small Business Server 2003 server and the clients are > Out...

Spreadsheets as OLE objects
Hello, I have a table in Access and in each record of that table is an Excel worksheet embedded as an OLE object. Copy and paste works in the selected worksheet, but when I try to copy and paste a range of cells from one embedded worksheet to one in another record the information is not passed to the clipboard as I have no paste function. The worksheets are not linked. Do the worksheets have to be linked to a workbook outside of Access? If so, do I then need to programmatically define the path? Thanks in advance for any help Hi Paul3rd, I've just tried to replicate the situation yo...

Do Not Allow Email Radio Button 07-22-04
I have set the "Do Not Allow Email" flag for a group of contacts, but when I perform a direct email, the contacts are sent the email and history records are added. My understanding was that those contacts with the flag set would be skipped when you do a direct email to a group. If I double click on a contact record with the flag set and open it, the system will give me the warning message and prevent the email from being sent. Do I have to create a view with contacts that allow email and perform the direct email from there? Anyone else come across this issue? Thanks in ad...

Printing from the Store Operations Journal
I am trying to print from the store operation manager journal. When I go to print I get a message indicating that: "An error occured while trying to print to the specified printer. Please make sure that you have a printer installed and that it is properly configured before continuing." I get this if I: Click the Print button Click the Page Setup button Press Alt-P (per the help file) I am running RMS 2.0 with SP2 currently installed. Earlier today I had SP3 installed. I uninstalled the program and reinstalled it and SP2. I am a tech support person and do no...