Open Batches

I've used several RMS 1.3R "Manager" computers to temporarily test POS
transaction. I no longer need to use these computers for POS but only for SO
Manager. How do I get rid of the Open Batches that show up in SO Manger
under Journal - Update Batch Info? As soon as I Z out the no longer used POS
register(s) it automatically creates a new open batch for that register
number. And these open batches show up in the Update Batch Info screen which
confuses the (closing) Mangers.

0
Alex6724 (221)
3/7/2007 5:50:02 PM
pos 14173 articles. 0 followers. Follow

First of all, are your manager is performing Z out from SO Manager program ??
second you can just put the different Store ID i.e. 9999 on to store manager
configuration setting, delete the POS program Icon from manager machine this
way they can see the batches but can't perform the Z out. The z out will be
perform if the blind closeout has been run and I think the Update Batch info
is develop for this purpose where you can sit anywhere on to manager machine
and close the blind out batches. Let me know if you like this idea.

"Alex" wrote:

> I've used several RMS 1.3R "Manager" computers to temporarily test POS
> transaction. I no longer need to use these computers for POS but only for SO
> Manager. How do I get rid of the Open Batches that show up in SO Manger
> under Journal - Update Batch Info? As soon as I Z out the no longer used POS
> register(s) it automatically creates a new open batch for that register
> number. And these open batches show up in the Update Batch Info screen which
> confuses the (closing) Mangers.

0
AkberAlwani (916)
3/8/2007 10:08:00 AM
HI Alex, I got stuck when I was writing you my comments. any how follow this
instructures: Create the Manager machine as register remember you not going
to perform any transaction on it. i.e. 99 as register name and in Admin
program give this no.
Now as you are not performing any POS transaction then remove the POS icon
from the program file and on the desktop.
Now when you run the Update Batch Info you can only see the batch with no
value for the given register this will remain till the end of day and nothing
happen no need to worry about that also.

The Update Batch Info program is develop for purpose i.e. all register where
POS transaction are performing may perform the blind close out and you will
have single point of closing these batches sitting at anywhere in SO Manager
program so think of the idea Microsoft developed this.

I think this solve your issue. if like this idea rate me please.

"Alex" wrote:

> I've used several RMS 1.3R "Manager" computers to temporarily test POS
> transaction. I no longer need to use these computers for POS but only for SO
> Manager. How do I get rid of the Open Batches that show up in SO Manger
> under Journal - Update Batch Info? As soon as I Z out the no longer used POS
> register(s) it automatically creates a new open batch for that register
> number. And these open batches show up in the Update Batch Info screen which
> confuses the (closing) Mangers.

0
AkberAlwani (916)

Batches mistakenly not posted through to GL
Hello, I have a question regarding batches... My client began their closing process for July the other day and we found 6 cash receipts batches that were posted in AR but did not hit the GL. I have a feeling this was my fault. I had changed the posting settings to not post to or through to GL because I was bringing over beginning balances, and I think I left the settings like that for an entire day last month. These 6 batches in question were posted on that day. Is there any way to post those 6 batches through to the GL now? Do we need to void the batches and reenter every single transactio...

Publisher 2000

opening links in outlook

Problem trying to open old money file

Email with tiny attachments open slow

Need an open house sign in sheet

cannot open excel file from outlook

opening links

EXCEL Files open Slow

Opening a second mdb file from an open mdb file
I have two mdb files (one used for general department use and the other for detailed reporting). For ease of maintenance, I'd like to keep these mdb files separate, but I would like to have the ability to open the second mdb file from the general dept Access program. Is there an exisitng macro or VBA code I could use to accomplish this task? Thanks for your help. Sure, you can easily just shell out to another app: http://www.mvps.org/access/api/api0018.htm or even create a hyperlink that opens the file. Just create a label, go to the property sheet and enter a path in the hype...

Directory Open
Hi, I would like to create a Button which opens a dialog box, not to open a file but to open a directory. How should I do it? I thought of using CFileDialog but it does not allow for opening just a directory and not a file. I just want to read in the user selection of directory and the file name will be set in my application. Thanks! On Wed, 17 Dec 2003 22:15:36 -0800, Dave wrote: > I would like to create a Button which opens a dialog box, > not to open a file but to open a directory. > > How should I do it? > I thought of using CFileDialog but it does not allow for ...

Excel won't open in Office XP
Hi all, I have had a problem for the last few weeks opening up my Excel files When I try to open the files, a Window Installer dialouge box appear looking for the Office XP Professional Disk. My Office was preinstalle by my school, which is now complete. If I cancel the Window Installer consectutive times it leaves my new Excel document open and I can work Does anyone know what I need to configure to have Excel open up normall again ? Appreciate all the help I can get. Thanks, 'Kusty' (kusty@accesscomm.ca -- kust --------------------------------------------------------------------...

I do not have Excel on my computer. How do I open an attachment w.
How do I open an attachment in my e- mail with an XLS file, if I do not have Excel installed on my computer? My model is Windows XP Home. You can use the free viewer available from microsoft web site that only allows viewing. Or, you can find a copy of open office/star office that allows you to import excel files. -- Don Guillett SalesAid Software donaldb@281.com "Kathy" <Kathy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:CF00A029-F488-4D1D-8257-B55F4E96A681@microsoft.com... > How do I open an attachment in my e- mail with an XLS file, if I do not have > Excel ins...

Open File IF Not Opened
Goodmorning! I was looking for someone who could tell me how I could make a Macro Appliction open files only when there not opened. When a file is allready opened it should be left at alone. When a file is being opened, this file should be granted the opportunity to update it's pivot tables and carry out any external links. I hope someone has the answer! Thanks in advance! Here's some code that might help. It tests whether a file is open: if it is it activates it, otherwise it opens the file. If IsWindowOpen(lStr_FileName) Then Windows(lStr_FileName).Activate ...

Cant open investment center money 2001 deluxe
Two possibly related problems. Error from bank that holds investments -- money says internet connection error "OFXIE12029" When I try to open investments center or click on portfolio money crashes. I have tried the knowledge base fix for corrupt accounts but since the first instruction is to open the investing center or click on portfolio I am stuck. BTW -- does Bill Gates care? Someone had this error the other day, and it was due to their bank blocking their IP address. See also http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;312818 A connection error to the bank. ...

i have a pps file that i cant open what do i need to open it with
i recieved a few pitures and cant open then because they are a pps file what do i need to open them with???? Certainly not Excel. Those are PowerPoint files. You can download a PP viewer from here. http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyId=428D5727-43AB-4F24-90B7-A94784AF71A4&displaylang=en Note instructions for download and installation. Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP On Fri, 29 Sep 2006 10:44:02 -0700, Marty <Marty@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >i recieved a few pitures and cant open then because they are a pps file what >do i need to open them with??...

Can't open file?
I installed Microsoft Publisher 2000. I have on my computer , files that I saved. When I open the file in Microsoft Publisher. It says it cannot open the file because it is a different version. I have right clicked, selected properties and I want to know what publisher file I saved it under. So is there a way to change the file to Publisher 2000 so I can open it. I have it on my computer. But I am trying to work on my friends computer. So I don't remember what file I saved it under. What is the best way to find out what file it is so I can open it and start working on Microsoft Pub...

cannot open shared calendar
receiving error "server mailbox cannot be opened because this address book entry is not a mail user". Please help Thanks Is this a public calendar or a shared mailbox calendar? How are you trying to open it? Brian Mack wrote: > receiving error "server mailbox cannot be opened because > this address book entry is not a mail user". Please help > Thanks ...

How do I get Exchange to stop opening attachments in Outlook?
Since my last update, I have found that when I click on an attachment, Exchange pops up and tries to open the attachment. Sometimes I get an error message. "Jester9457" <Jester9457@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:6A8A2FC8-F9BE-465D-BA95-525ADE89D91C@microsoft.com... > Since my last update, I have found that when I click on an attachment, > Exchange pops up and tries to open the attachment. I doubt you have Exchange Server running on your personal computer, so posting a lot more info about your setup would be helpful. Such as your version of Outloo...