Only Supplier Items WHen entering a Purchase Order

When creating a new PO, it would be most helpful to only list the items
purchased from a particular vendor rahter than every item in the database.
Several of our cutomers have requested this.

----------------
click "I Agree" in the message pane.

http://www.microsoft.com/Businesssolutions/Community/NewsGroups/dgbrowser/en-us/default.mspx?mid=776b7c36-b67c-4680-b24d-0b03e87301f4&dg=microsoft.public.pos
0
Wannan (2)
10/7/2005 10:39:46 PM
pos 14173 articles. 0 followers. Follow

The know this, since this is the way it works in MS POS.
mt

"Brian Wannan" <Brian Wannan@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> When creating a new PO, it would be most helpful to only list the items
> purchased from a particular vendor rahter than every item in the database.
> Several of our cutomers have requested this.
>
> ----------------
> this
> click "I Agree" in the message pane.
>
> http://www.microsoft.com/Businesssolutions/Community/NewsGroups/dgbrowser/en-us/default.mspx?mid=776b7c36-b67c-4680-b24d-0b03e87301f4&dg=microsoft.public.pos

0
mastaT (109)

Workflow for Supplier Costing inluding HQ
Hi, Ok lets say yo have the option chosen at your store to update the Supplier rder information from the last Purchase Order. That would mean that the Tax and Cost of the items from the last PO would update the supplier list table. You have average cost ticked so that you have as usual an average cost getting calculated and saved against the item and as you sell it. all things good. Then you do a worksheet 250 from HQ to update the discount options for an item and the next thing you know your supplier cost order details and costs have disapeared or rather have been over written from...

Item Notes
We need to frequently update and add notes for items in Great Plains 9.0. Updating existing notes is very simple since a noteindx entry already exists in the SY03900 table. Adding notes is a different issue since the noteindx is 0 and no enty exsits in the SY03900 table. Has anyone created a routine in which to bulk load item notes which will create the correct noteindx entry in the IV00101 table and an entry in the SY03900 table? Does anyone know where the system stores the last noteindx value? Thanks The next note index is stored in the NOTEINDX field for the specific company i...

Link to outlook items
If I drag and drop an email message on the Journal folder, a Journal Item is created with an olEmbeddeditem attachment which is the link to the message I just dragged and dropped on the Journal Folder. (Remark that the email remains in the folder where it is). Now I can select this attachment, copy it (through Ctrl+C) and paste it on any excel worksheet or even in a windows folder. When I paste it in excel, a shape is created. When I paste it in a windows folder an *.shs file is created. If I double click on any of the 2 above, the original outlook mail item that I dragged and dropped on ...

XMLSerializer
I'm using XMLSerializer in VB.NET to serialize class-based objects to XML. It's serializing fine, except that I don't seem to have control over the order in which the various fields (properties) of an object are serialized. If I change the order in which properties are defined in the object, it has no affect on the order in which there are serialized into the XML file. Is there a way of controlling the order in which object properties are serialized into an XML file using XMLSerializer? Thanks. "Phil Galey" <pagaley@starcalif.com.nospam> wrote in message news:...

Supplier Cost ?
Is there a way in POS 2009 to set the supplier rate and then going forward, enter the retail price for an item & let POS do the math for the cost? For ex.: I get 42% off retail price on books, some of my suppliers only send me the retail $ on the invoice. Can I set POS to automatically apply that 42% to all the books I enter into Inv., by entering the Price? The reason this is important with books is that the Retail price is printed on every book. There is no room for flux. Up or down. Not the case with all my other items, only books -- Thanks! David D. L.S.B. hi David, yes possib...

is it possible to recover copy and paste items from a day ago?
I copied and pasted an item from facebook to word then printed it and closed word without saving (I know it was stupid but i was in a rush). then the next day i lost the print out so wanted to get it again. i can't open the temp files, they say something about encoding, when i open it shows just coding. so wondered if it was possible to get it off the clipboard Assuming that you have shut down the computer in the intervening period, it will no longer be on the clipboard and if you did not save the document, there is nothing to recover. -- Hope this helps. Please reply...

Outlook 2003 "can't copy item...."
trying to copy vards from Outlook 2002 to new laptop w/ Outlook 2003 and get error message "can't copy item.internal MAPI error." does not happen with all contacts but when trying to copy all contacts at once i get error. is there an easier way to transfer all my contacts Export your contact folder to a .pst file and then open the file on the new computer, use drag and drop to add the contacts to your default contact folder. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the Swen virus, all e-mails sent to my actual a...

Full Item Count Reconciliation
Hello, I am getting run-time error 91 Object variable or With block variable not set. I am trying to do a reconciliation report for the stores and this error keeps occurring. When you click OK the screen crashes and Head Quarters disappears. We have also synchronized the system and we still get this message. I believe it has something to do with the amount of variables but I’m still not sure. please help >thanks ...

Column order when using 'Analyze it with Excel'
When exporting data from Access to Excel using the 'Analyze it with Microsoft Excel' facility, the columns on the spreadsheet appear in a different order to those on the report. The report is very simple in design with the fields in one row across the report. How can I force the fields to stay in the order that I require? ...

No Suppliers
Im having an issue with one of my clients databases. Their report shows the supplier in the Reports -> Items -> Price list, and when I go to Management Studio, the supplier id is linked in the items table, but when they go to Manager, and view the Suppliers tab, there is nothing there. Any ideas? Thanks Phil Hi Phil Check the supplier ID against the supplierlist table, as this is where items are linked to suppliers. It might be that they had originally assigned the supplier in the supplier tab, but then deleted that reference. If its not too many instances, have your client...

Change supplier name
Hi can anyone tell me how to change the supplier name for a list of existing items to another existing supplier name, without having to do it one by one. -- Gord We have this as part of our Store and HQ Utility add-on - one of 37 wizards that are not in RMS :) Contat me for more info Afshin Alikhani - afshin@retailrealm.co.uk Retail Realm = = = = = = = = "Gord" <Gord@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:FA72EFB9-D760-484C-B315-7C3B6E236CA1@microsoft.com... > Hi can anyone tell me how to change the supplier name for a list of > existing > items to a...

Supplier on Printed PO Receipt
Can someone tell me how to make the supplier name or Supplier code print on the Purchase Order Receipt. Ask your RMS partner to show you the available templates in Partner Source. There's a PO tempplate there that includes your account number in the address field. -- Repetition is the key to success. Practice, practice, practice! and Equip Yourself at http://www.aluminumbats.com "Mark" wrote: > Can someone tell me how to make the supplier name or Supplier code print on > the Purchase Order Receipt. ...

debug prompt "Please enter the path for vc60.pdb"
When starting up software in debug state under the environment, there always pop up dialog: (Find Symbols) Please enter the path for vc60.pdb but the vc60.pdb is in the debug directory. Unfortunately, this is the default name for the pdb file so it may be another module that it's looking for in another folder. You may want to change the name in your properties so that they each have their own name (for each component in your projects). That would make it easier to figure out which one it's really looking for at runtime. Tom "joddy" <zsy2000@citiz.net> wr...

Items on Signature reciept
Hello, I am actually trying to find out how to get the itemized list on the signature reciept as well as the customers reciept. Right now i have to print an extra copy and staple it to the signed reciept. If there is a way to make it all print out the items the custmer bought on the reciept that they are signing. Also, at the end of the day when i settle my edc batch i would like to print out a report on the epson reciept printer instead of on a regular sized paper. Is there another way to settle the edc batch without going to the manager because i do not want any of my employees h...

how to enter "e" as excel formula
my question is fairly simple, all i want to do is to enter a formul into a cell to do a simple computation, but i need to know how to ente the mathematical function "e" into excel format...example: e^2.450 everytime i enter it into this format, i get a "name" error. an suggestions would be greatly appreciated. thanks -davi ----------------------------------------------- ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com ~~View and post usenet messages directly from http://www.ExcelForum.com ~~Now Available: Financial Statements.xls, a step by step guide to creating fi...

Great Plains 7.5 Hangs when "Manufacturing Orders" window opened
Hi, I'm using Great Plains 7.5 on a 2000 SQL Server. We can open the "Manufacturing Orders" window in a "play company," but when we try to open it in our live company Great Plains freezes and has to be closed by ending the task. No error messages are displayed. What could be the source of this issue? Any ideas would be greatly appreciated. -- Mark Morency Addition to original post: It doesn't hang when "Manufacturing Orders" is initially selected. It only hangs when the sub-items "Entry" or "Quick MO" are clicked from th...

Combo Box. Change row order?
I have a Combo box selecting products in a customer price-list. The columns displayed in this combo box are: 'ProdID', 'Unit', 'Description', with ProdID as the bound column. But I want the Combo to display in the order: 'Description', 'Unit', 'ProdID'. (With the ProdID as the bound column as before.) I need to use the 'Description' as an autolookup. For some reason I cannot make the Combo display the columns in this second arrangement. I have tried rearranging the columns in the underlying query which is: *** SELECT Produc...

Changing supplier pricing
Anyone have a fast way of changing supplier costs fast? I know the the wizard changes the cost but thats not the supplier cost. So when i place a new po it will still leave me with changing the price. Is there a way to prevent this? Or what if I place the PO and it would save the price i input in the supplier's price? Then move this into the cost field too so that i can do a wizard mark up. HI Peter, First you wanted to not change the price, kindly do the security and just make field readonly. to do so click on the Lock Icon on the top toolbar or click on File > Security and the...

IIS reset (iisreset) causes workflow to enter paused state
I am getting a paused state on my very first workflow call when posting a url to the web server when I do an iisreset on the server. I realize this code has to compile, but I believe it may be compiling for too long and therefore CRM WF is timing out. How do I get around this issue. Note: After the first url call to the web server, everything works fine --- until another iisreset. Thanks for your help in advance Apparently there is a 10000 millisecond timeout feature that Microsoft has a hotfix for. I will test this when Microsoft supplies me with the hotfix. "Keener" wro...

when I enter data in my worksheet, it skips to much lower boxes
I am working with an Excel worksheet to sum up categories for my 2004 taxes, which are due 8/15/05. I must have pressed something weird, because when I try to enter data, it will not enter the correct box, and instead skips to much lower boxes in lower rows and columns. How can I correct this? Or do I just continue doing it by hand as usual.... None of my previous worksheets have had this problem. I have tried starting a new worksheet, and that didn't help. I have turned off the computer, and restarted it with a new worksheet and that didn't help. I would appreciate help ...

where do i find my product key to enter in my microsoft office
Where do i find my key to enter in microsoft offic so i can use it Depends on where you got Microsoft Office from. susyberry wrote: > Where do i find my key to enter in microsoft offic so i can use it If you purchased a DVD, the product key is on a label attached to the DVD case. If you purchased a download, the product key is in the email that contains the link to the installer. There's probably another copy of it on your invoice. In any case, don't lose that product key! You'll need it if you ever need to reinstall the software. Daddy "susy...

items not in DB
Is there a way to make the barcode scanner make a different sound when the item is not in my DB. If the item is not located the system still scans and reads the barcode making the same scanning sound. I have asked this ? before and never really got an answer. Thanks Any sound that the scanner emits is a function of the scanner and has nothing to do with Microsoft Store Operations. Kinnard L. Kohler Business Machines Systems 6101 South Shackleford Road Little Rock, AR 72204-8606 (T) 501-375-8380 (F) 501-375-0043 (Cell) 501-412-5686 Email: kinnard@removebmsar.com "zoostation&quo...

Supplier Issue
We are starting our own line of garments which may cause us to utilize 2 to 4 suppliers. For example: for a specific shirt we buy material at a store (A), take it to the seamstress (B), then take it to a screenprinter(C). I can estimate a cost per piece but who do I use as the supplier. It seems that I need to show a cost and a monies paid for such merchandise. I know this isn't exactly an RMS question, but I thought someone may some good ideas to share. THanks in advance. Heres my 2 cents: I would just set up a new vendor for yourself, since they are your garments, and use yo...

Merge from Office Address Book Inserting 2 instead of 1 Item(s)
Hi, I'm having problems with the latest Office version for OS X and merge documents. I create a new document. Select Merge Document. I tell the palette that I want Form Letters, Data Source is Office Address Book, and then I start selecting items. These are the items I'm adding: Title FirstName LastName Company Address (What's the difference between Address & Street?) City State Zip When I go to view or print preview on a lot of my records, I'll get two company names, two addresses, two sets of city, state, zip, and if there's no title for a given contact there&#...

logical (if a1=specific word, can c1 = value entered in a2?)
I am trying to make a payroll sheet so that if someone enters the word "Stat" into field a1, and then manually enters the number of hours worked into a2, then c1 automatically displays the same value that a2 displays. (I have 2 different columns at the end, one for regular hours and one for stat hours, and I need them to display all of the regular hours into one field and all of the stat hours into the column beside it.) =IF(C1="Stat",A2,"") "mel" wrote: > I am trying to make a payroll sheet so that if someone enters the word "...