Offline sync.

I just installed the update for RMS, as per directed I installed on my Back
Office as well as at 2 Registers. During the install once installed I opened
Administrator and did the Database Upgrade. This was done on all 3 machines.
Now after a "Z" out I get a message something like "Must upgrade database to
syncro..." , when I do the upgrade database it tells me the Database is
already updated.

I now have the problem that my offline databases will not sync with my
online database.

What do I do?
0
RickatFNS (1)
3/1/2009 2:18:01 PM
pos 14173 articles. 0 followers. Follow

You have to upgrade your backup databases, probably one for each register,
in the same manner as you did your main database using Store Ap.
Administrator.

Marc

"Rick at FNS" <RickatFNS@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I just installed the update for RMS, as per directed I installed on my Back
> Office as well as at 2 Registers. During the install once installed I
> opened
> Administrator and did the Database Upgrade. This was done on all 3
> machines.
> Now after a "Z" out I get a message something like "Must upgrade database
> syncro..." , when I do the upgrade database it tells me the Database is
> already updated.
>
> I now have the problem that my offline databases will not sync with my
> online database.
>
> What do I do?

0
marcr (93)
3/1/2009 11:22:50 PM
Make sure when you connect to the databse you connect to the local database
not the one located on your server, as it is already upgraded. The database
name is located in the offline tab in the configuration

Maurice @ ARS
www.posformystore.com

"Marc" <marcr@bellsouth.net> wrote in message
> You have to upgrade your backup databases, probably one for each register,
> in the same manner as you did your main database using Store Ap.
> Administrator.
>
> Marc
>

> "Rick at FNS" <RickatFNS@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>>I just installed the update for RMS, as per directed I installed on my
>>Back
>> Office as well as at 2 Registers. During the install once installed I
>> opened
>> Administrator and did the Database Upgrade. This was done on all 3
>> machines.
>> Now after a "Z" out I get a message something like "Must upgrade database
>> syncro..." , when I do the upgrade database it tells me the Database is
>> already updated.
>>
>> I now have the problem that my offline databases will not sync with my
>> online database.
>>
>> What do I do?

0
maurice1766 (189)

Sync Phone Calls
Is it possible to sync CRM phone calls in SFO with the Outlook Calendar? In other words, can a user of SFO create a Phone Call select a time and a date, then see this scheduled phone call in the Outlook Calendar Not with the out of the box functionality. Matt Parks MVP - Microsoft CRM ---------------------------------------- ---------------------------------------- On Mon, 21 Feb 2005 07:09:07 -0800, "robm" <robm@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: Is it possible to sync CRM phone calls in SFO with the Outlook Calendar? In other words, can a user of SFO create a Phone Ca...

outlook keeps saying offline how to get over this problem?
I can not get Microsoft office outlook to open keeps saying that cannot open offline and that I can not get on line connection with it even though my internet was on line. I need this to sync my mobile urgently so anyone got any ideas????? PLEASE!! ...

Offline [WP]
Offline Address Book is not updating? Not sure where to look for trouble. Advise Please. Thank you In news:5AD2EF80-C2A1-486B-885F-8DE749CD4836@microsoft.com, WILDPACKET <WILDPACKET@discussions.microsoft.com> typed: > Offline Address Book is not updating? > > Not sure where to look for trouble. > > Advise Please. > > Thank you Exact error messages, wherever you see them, would help. Otherwise, see http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/97fa2c4a-7408-41ba-a665-1104d0895fa7.aspx or google. have you done a rebuild? see if anything here helps: http://su...

offline cache mode GPO
Good afternoon, I have configured outlook 2003 and exchange 2003 for 150 users. I enabled offline cache mode and forced an automatic send/receive every 5 minutes. Since this decreasing user's performance I would like to disable "every X minutes" and enable the send/receive action on close Outlook. Does anybody knows the GPO or registry setting for this? I already have the OUTL11.adm loaded. kr dimi You will need to use the Custom Maintenance Wizard for this -- Screen 17, Send/receive Settings. -- Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP Author of Microsoft Outlook Programming - J...

0x80070005 "do not have permissions" in offline mode
I switched a user called Richard over to a new server all was ok. But, he is using a dial-up VPN. He also uses offline mode and he has cached mode selected. After the migration when he was on the new server he was getting the error number. 0x80070005 "do not have permissions" when he hit send and receive. But when he changed Outlook to Online all was ok. He wasn't getting that error when he hit send and receive. Does anyone know what would cause this? All research I have done says that it is an access issue, or a service pack, windows update issue. I don't think...

Offline Files
IS there a size limitation for Offlien Files for Windows XP? We have users trying to Offline over 7.5GBS of files, but we get corrupted csc databse, and we need to constantly reset it. Thanks Can you put eight cars in a one-car garage or four feet into a shoe? BillVAS wrote: > IS there a size limitation for Offlien Files for Windows XP? > > We have users trying to Offline over 7.5GBS of files, but we get corrupted > csc databse, and we need to constantly reset it. > > Thanks Well I'm just wondering why all that data needs to be offline? Russ --...

easy sync process?
I need the ability to export contact data out of MSCRM to a cvs file. Data will be updated/changed in the cvs file and need to be sync'd back with MSCRM 3.0. Is there an easy process or ideas that anyone has? Thx. There are several options available to you that will help you achieve what you're looking for. Most of the tools provided with Microsoft CRM (Data Import and the Data Migration Framework) are best suited to one-time migrations, but there are several third-party products available such as: Scribe (http://www.scribesoft.com/mscrm.asp) c360 (http://www.c360.com/ImportM...

Problem with Sync to Google Calendar
I’m having a minor problem when I sync my Outlook 2007 calendar with my Google calendar. I can’t tell whether the problem is in Outlook, Google or the Google Calendar Sync utility (v0.9.3.5). I don’t know if this matters but my Google calendar pre-dates my use of Outlook. I’ve been using Google Calendar for over a year but just started using Outlook in the past couple of months. (Still an Outlook newbie.) I'm running Windows 7 Ultimate 32bit. I had a recurring event on my Google calendar for 10AM-12PM every Tuesday in May, 2010. That synced to Outlook with no problem...

Outlook 2003 "OFFLINE" issue.
Hi, Since we upgraded the Exchange 2003 to SP2, some of our users encountered an issue where their Outlook client 2003 were "Offline" by itself. The users need to manually uncheck the "Work Offline" to reconnect the server. As far as i know, if there is a network issue, it should be "Disconnected", I did simulate this by unplug the network cable. Is there any issue with SP2 ? Please help... Thanks. Rgrds, Zul I am having the same problem. At first I thought it was a windows thing with a SID and the domain but now I think it is Outlook and some problem...

Error Downloading OffLine Address Book from Exchange Server 2000 in Outlook 2003
Hi, I am posting this message in the hope that somebody will be able to assist me with an issue that my users are experiencing. Currently when my users are attemptting to download the 'Offline Address Book' from within Outlook 2003 SP1 from our Exchange server which is running Exchange 2000 Server with Service Pack 3 installed. They get the following error message when using their mailbox in non-cached mode: An error occured while opening the Microsoft Exchange offline address book on the Exchange server When they do the following command combination: Tools - Send/Receive - Downl...

NK2 Autocomplete File: Online vs. Offline?
I am experiencing an odd problem with the NK2 file and the retention of addresses within. Before I get to the actual problem, I will share what I know. This file's function is to retain addresses for auto-completing purposes when sending a new email message. FACTS: - addresses are stored once an email has been sent to a user, as opposed to pulling directly from the address book. - the file can retain up to 1000 addresses PROBLEM: From time to time, the size of the NK2 file reverts back to zero and loses all the data within it. From what I can tell, in regards to the 100+ users in my...

Offline reports
Reports are only available when users are online. Is there anyway to create a custom report to use the offline store. Better yet - is there a way to have the report go to the offline store when disconnected and use the server database when connected. Would be nice if all reports worked this way... Agreed, that would be nice. Great suggestion for next version. Since v3.0's reporting engine is SRS, maybe a SRS limitation for offline/MSDE support?? I guess we can leverage the dynamic excel and word merge/link as a "creative" work-around. Frank Lee Workopia, Inc. http://www....

Sync'ing with a WinMob PDA
I'm trying to work out how to sync my desktop Outlook's email with my PDA. In the settings it says to "download last three days" and in html format. However, while all the folders that I use in Outlook are on the PDA there are no messages in them. Is there a trick to performing this function? I can sync calendar data without any problems but not emails. "Marts" <marts@ymail.com> wrote in message news:ve6u951rm344bp2tost87e64ug8aggc8pu@ymail.com... > I'm trying to work out how to sync my desktop Outlook's email with my PDA. > In > the s...

Exchange 2003 Offline Adressbuch
hallo, ich habe probleme mit dem offlineadressbuch. wir haben mehrere adresslisten im einsatz. user haben halt nur auf eine bestimmte adressliste rechte. das funktioniert auch alles. wenn ich jetzt eine offlineadressliste erstelle und dort die adressliste des benutzer hinterlege funktioniert das nicht. es wird immer die globale (also die komplette) adressliste angezeigt. der benutzer bekommt somit viel mehr zu sehen als er eigentlich darf!!! gibt es da m�glichkeiten das einzuschr�nken? umgebung: exchange 2003 - outlook2000/xp/03 irgendwelche ideen? danke michael ...

Issue with Outlook Mobile Access
Dear all, Since a few days I've got a weird issue with Outlook Mobile Access (OMA). Everything worked fine, untill a few days ago. I had a notification on my phone (Palm Treo 750 with Windows Mobile 6), wich stated that there had been a change on the server (SBS 2003 SP 2). I did not implement any changes this week, apart from the usual updates. The notification said I had to re initialize my mail, contacts, agenda, etc., and because there was no other option, I did. Since then everything syncs normal, apart form my calender. Items on the server (wich can be seen / a...

Offline setting in Outlook 2002
Running a laptop with Windows XP SP1 & Outlook 2002. Outlook is configured as a MAPI client (for use w/ Exchange 2000 server). User also has an .ost file configured locally on the laptop. The laptop is often connected to the corporate network via VPN using a Cisco VPN client. From time to time, while connected via VPN, Outlook goes into Offline mode. Restarting Outlook does not result in the program coming out of Offline status. I've found that the only way to resolve this issue is for the user to log off/on again and restart Outlook. At present, I've configured Outloo...

delayed delivery options and offline server = mass email send
on Friday, user scheduled email in Outlook to delay send until Saturday afternoon. equipment failure caused exchange 2003 on SBS server to lose internet access from Saturday morning until Sunday morning. Local network connection was not broken, ie: Outlook clients stayed connected to Exchange server during downtime. During downtime, Exchange was sending thousands of delivery status notification 'delay' messages to Outlook client regarding previously scheduled email that it is now trying to send. Upon reconnection of internet access, thousands of copies of the scheduled email were s...

Error when going offline 08-08-07
One of our users has a CRM lap top client installed. He can't go offline. After he has pressed the 'go offline'-button the process starts, but when 'Initialization of database' starts the Outlook closes and the process is stopped. This happens every time. Is there anyone that has a solution for this ? -- Regards Tvaia On 8 Sie, 11:18, Tvaia <Tv...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > One of our users has a CRM lap top client installed. He can't go offline. > After he has pressed the 'go offline'-button the process starts, but when > 'Init...

OFFLINE
I CANNOT CONNECT TO THE OFFLINE DATABASE IN THE BACKOFICE EVERYTHING ELSE WORKS GREAT BUT IN BACK OFFICE IT SAYS ERROR 2147217843 SQL STATE 42000 NATIVE ERROR 18456 Is the backoffice the database server at that location? If so, you don't need the offline database on that machine; or if its not licensed for POS, you don't need the offline database either. If this doesn't apply, make sure that when you connect you change the server to point to "local"....hope this helps "WPALMER72" wrote: > I CANNOT CONNECT TO THE OFFLINE DATABASE IN THE BACKOFICE EVE...

Working offline (not)
I don't know what's different today, but every time I start WLM it "thinks" I'm offline. It offers me the choice of "work offline" or "try again". How do I get rid of this? What type of Internet connection do you have? If 'always on' broadband, go to Tools, Accounts, select your mail account, Properties, Connection. What does it show for connection? You must either leave that unselected (in which case WLM will use=20 whatever connection IE uses), or else select the Local Area Network. Also, under Tools, Options, Connection, th...

offline
two question 1.how can i import offline folders *.ost?if i can at all? 2.if i work in exchang and now i want to use pop3 i whats the diffrent between append internet email or to go to tools---options-----mail service----reconfigure and then chose the first option. thx 1 - Try exporting it to a PST on a machine that can still access the data in the OST. You can then try importing the data from that PST file 2 - Not sure what your question is here. What version of Outlook are you using? Sounds like possibly 98 or 2000. If so, take a look here: http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/choosingmode...

Transfer out from Offline Inventory Problem
I face a strange problem, when the offline items transferred out from the offline inventory to another store they stay appearing in the offline inventory with their quantities, and a transfer out number appear in front of them. when I generated the item movement report I didn't find the serial is transferred out, but I found the transfer number mentioned in the offline inventory and the same item code in it. by this problem the offline quantities increasing dramatically and the transferred out quantities didn't deducted from it. Note: when I open the transfer out mentioned in the...

Outlook indicates in lower right corner that it is offline.
Send and receive seems to work but for the first time ever I'm receiving 'Outlook is Offline' in the bottom right corner of the Outlook screen. What is causing this and can I fix it? -- ~krittermattel~ ...

Only sync calendar
I have an exchange server hosted at 1and1.com that I use for home and my pocketpc that works great. I would like to also be able to access it from my work PC that currently has Outlook 2003 setup with a couple POP3 accounts. I can get it to connect just fine but it mixes up my emails when they come in. It wants to either move all my pop3 mail to my exchange folder causing a bunch of email to go to my personal account that I don't want or it moves all of my personal email from my exchange account to my local folder thus deleting all my mail off the exchange server. All I really want is ...

Offline Batches not in SO database, still in SO Offline database
Hi Everyone, Have a problem where I see a few batches that are in the offline database with a status of 8 and they do not show up in the SO database. The cashier is off by the amount in that offline batch. The reason I know this: 1. SELECT * FROM BATCH in the offline database displays the offline batch and the amount matches the amount she is over in tender. 2. There are no journal receipts shown for the time period that the cash register was offline. Any ideas? Or anyone can explain how the offline database process works at the database level? I was thinking if I can reset the ba...