Offline DB has corrupted, can't get back to main DB

Hi guys.  We have a customer who suffered a powercut earlier today. When the
power came back up, the offline databases kicked in for a while until a
connection with the server returned.  On one till the offline database was
fine but when the connection to the server was restored, it wouldn't sync.
It can be connected to manually in Store Adminstrator, but when we try to run
a Check on it, it comes back with an error saying it's been found suspect and
can't be opened.

There's obviously something going on in the system that says before the main
online database can be re-opened, this offline database has to be opened
first. That makes sense if a sync is going to happen, but now that its
corrupted, we want to cut our losses and just get the main POS back up with a
fresh offline database.  Anyone know away around this? Hope I'm relatively
clear. Thanks.
0
tara (74)
2/29/2008 4:03:01 PM
pos 14173 articles. 0 followers. Follow

Tara,
We have run into a number of issues with Offline Database syncing, and so
far have been able to resolve them.  If you are interested in some in-depth
help, please give us a call at the number below for pricing and further
information.

--
Thank you,

Ryan Sakry
Program Manager
Retail Information Technology Enterprises (RITE)
rsakry@rite.us
http://www.rite.us
320-230-2282 ext. 4002 (Office)
320-230-1796 (Fax)
"Tara" <Tara@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hi guys.  We have a customer who suffered a powercut earlier today. When
> the
> power came back up, the offline databases kicked in for a while until a
> connection with the server returned.  On one till the offline database was
> fine but when the connection to the server was restored, it wouldn't sync.
> It can be connected to manually in Store Adminstrator, but when we try to
> run
> a Check on it, it comes back with an error saying it's been found suspect
> and
> can't be opened.
>
> There's obviously something going on in the system that says before the
> main
> online database can be re-opened, this offline database has to be opened
> first. That makes sense if a sync is going to happen, but now that its
> corrupted, we want to cut our losses and just get the main POS back up
> with a
> fresh offline database.  Anyone know away around this? Hope I'm relatively
> clear. Thanks.

0
rsakry (322)
2/29/2008 5:11:53 PM
Hi Tara

If you're looking to cut your losses with the corrupt offline db -  can you
simply delete the offline db, then delete the offline db settings in Store
Ops Administrator (in the offline tab) so when you restart Store Ops POS it
goes straight to your production database on your db server ...?- not sure if
this would work or not....never tried it myself but it may be worth looking
into.

Did they run credit card sales on the offline db during the power outage?  -
 if they didn't, maybe you can enter these sales manually in the production
db.....

Also, is your router and network switches on battery backups....? -
Sometimes its easy to oversee how important these devices are and we only put
the UPS systems on PCs.... -  if they're not, buy a couple more UPS units and
put all your critical electronics on them...Hope this helps
"Tara" wrote:

> Hi guys.  We have a customer who suffered a powercut earlier today. When the
> power came back up, the offline databases kicked in for a while until a
> connection with the server returned.  On one till the offline database was
> fine but when the connection to the server was restored, it wouldn't sync.
> It can be connected to manually in Store Adminstrator, but when we try to run
> a Check on it, it comes back with an error saying it's been found suspect and
> can't be opened.
>
> There's obviously something going on in the system that says before the main
> online database can be re-opened, this offline database has to be opened
> first. That makes sense if a sync is going to happen, but now that its
> corrupted, we want to cut our losses and just get the main POS back up with a
> fresh offline database.  Anyone know away around this? Hope I'm relatively
> clear. Thanks.
0
convoluted (621)

Kit And Back Order #2
I am in a situation where I have a kit item on a Sales Order for a quantity of 20. I will only ship complete kits out. My inventory levels will only allow me to ship 10 kits right know. GP will let me do all 20 or none right know. It would be ideal to get 10 to invoice and 10 to go into the back order field. I am looking for away to make this work. I have reviewed the MBS Professional Tool for Partial Kit Transfers but that fell well short of what is being asked. Modules that are in the installation that might come in are SOP,Inventory, and Manufacturing. I looked at Quick Mo's in ...

outlook keeps saying offline how to get over this problem?
I can not get Microsoft office outlook to open keeps saying that cannot open offline and that I can not get on line connection with it even though my internet was on line. I need this to sync my mobile urgently so anyone got any ideas????? PLEASE!! ...

offline cache mode GPO
Good afternoon, I have configured outlook 2003 and exchange 2003 for 150 users. I enabled offline cache mode and forced an automatic send/receive every 5 minutes. Since this decreasing user's performance I would like to disable "every X minutes" and enable the send/receive action on close Outlook. Does anybody knows the GPO or registry setting for this? I already have the OUTL11.adm loaded. kr dimi You will need to use the Custom Maintenance Wizard for this -- Screen 17, Send/receive Settings. -- Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP Author of Microsoft Outlook Programming - J...

Offline [WP]
Offline Address Book is not updating? Not sure where to look for trouble. Advise Please. Thank you In news:5AD2EF80-C2A1-486B-885F-8DE749CD4836@microsoft.com, WILDPACKET <WILDPACKET@discussions.microsoft.com> typed: > Offline Address Book is not updating? > > Not sure where to look for trouble. > > Advise Please. > > Thank you Exact error messages, wherever you see them, would help. Otherwise, see http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/97fa2c4a-7408-41ba-a665-1104d0895fa7.aspx or google. have you done a rebuild? see if anything here helps: http://su...

To, Cc how do I get Bcc
Hi, I want to send emails to many people and not have all the addresses posted. I believe this would be a Bcc adress bar. How do I enable Bcc View | BCC. -- Aloha, -Ben- Ben M. Schorr, OneNote-MVP http://home.hawaii.rr.com/schorr Microsoft OneNote FAQ: http://home.hawaii.rr.com/schorr/Computers/OneNoteFAQ.htm **I apologize but I am unable to respond to direct requests for assistance. Please post questions and replies here in the newsgroup. Mahalo! "Jeff Quinnell" <jeffq@foxinternet.com> wrote in message news:0f8a01c3934c$41074960$a001280a@phx.gbl... > Hi, > I wa...

Offline Files
IS there a size limitation for Offlien Files for Windows XP? We have users trying to Offline over 7.5GBS of files, but we get corrupted csc databse, and we need to constantly reset it. Thanks Can you put eight cars in a one-car garage or four feet into a shoe? BillVAS wrote: > IS there a size limitation for Offlien Files for Windows XP? > > We have users trying to Offline over 7.5GBS of files, but we get corrupted > csc databse, and we need to constantly reset it. > > Thanks Well I'm just wondering why all that data needs to be offline? Russ --...

Problems getting CStatic to refresh
Hi, I'm having problems trying to update the contents a CStatic control that exists in a SDI application. Whenever I try to update the control, the new text appears to sit on top of the existing text. It seems that the control does not get refreshed after the call to SetWindowText(). I have tried calling CStatic::Invalidate() and CStatic::RedrawWindow() directly but nothing seems to work. My only solution is to call CView::Invalidate() every couple of seconds, but this causes a very anoying flicker. Here is the call to CStatic::Create(). Maybe I'm missing something? Any help would be...

Earnings History getting updated during pay code maint.
Hi... We are on Great Plains 7.5 on SQL. We use GP purely for Payroll purpose, and we never installed or used the HR module available with it. We have a customized software named TCB which keeps track of employee information including pay code change. TCB has a database of its own. TCB for a small portion, talks to Great Plains database in a sense, if a pay code change is done in TCB it will reflect the changes in Great Plains database as well. Lately, we installed and started using the HR module of Great Plains, but we also use TCB as it is much more customized for our company. The i...

0x80070005 "do not have permissions" in offline mode
I switched a user called Richard over to a new server all was ok. But, he is using a dial-up VPN. He also uses offline mode and he has cached mode selected. After the migration when he was on the new server he was getting the error number. 0x80070005 "do not have permissions" when he hit send and receive. But when he changed Outlook to Online all was ok. He wasn't getting that error when he hit send and receive. Does anyone know what would cause this? All research I have done says that it is an access issue, or a service pack, windows update issue. I don't think...

Outlook 2003 "OFFLINE" issue.
Hi, Since we upgraded the Exchange 2003 to SP2, some of our users encountered an issue where their Outlook client 2003 were "Offline" by itself. The users need to manually uncheck the "Work Offline" to reconnect the server. As far as i know, if there is a network issue, it should be "Disconnected", I did simulate this by unplug the network cable. Is there any issue with SP2 ? Please help... Thanks. Rgrds, Zul I am having the same problem. At first I thought it was a windows thing with a SID and the domain but now I think it is Outlook and some problem...

Getting data from Access to Excel
Hi, i don't know if any body can helps me on this issue i wrote a code as below but no data goes to recordset i think this is because of date format or something like this because i can copy the fieds name the vaiables FrstDate shows "12/31/2009" and LstDate shows "1/28/2010" please help. Sub bbb() Dim rst As New ADODB.Recordset Dim conn As New ADODB.Connection Dim str1 As String Dim sID As String Dim iCost As Integer str1 = "" sID = "" Dim sPN As String sPN = "" Dim i As Integer ...

Error Downloading OffLine Address Book from Exchange Server 2000 in Outlook 2003
Hi, I am posting this message in the hope that somebody will be able to assist me with an issue that my users are experiencing. Currently when my users are attemptting to download the 'Offline Address Book' from within Outlook 2003 SP1 from our Exchange server which is running Exchange 2000 Server with Service Pack 3 installed. They get the following error message when using their mailbox in non-cached mode: An error occured while opening the Microsoft Exchange offline address book on the Exchange server When they do the following command combination: Tools - Send/Receive - Downl...

Backing Up Database Help
Does anyone know how I would go about creating a macro that when I click it, it will backup the latest data onto a usb storage device. Any help is appreciated. You can't backup a database from within itself. Steveo wrote: >Does anyone know how I would go about creating a macro that when I click it, >it will backup the latest data onto a usb storage device. Any help is >appreciated. -- There's ALWAYS more than one way to skin a cat! Answers/posts based on Access 2000 Message posted via AccessMonster.com http://www.accessmonster.com/Uwe/Forums.aspx/access-formscoding/2...

Corrupt Sent items folder in Outlook 2003
Im running outlook 2003, grabbing mail from an exchange 5.5 server mailbox and everything works fine apart from when i go into the sent items folder the cpu activity hits a constant 100%, the program becomes non responsive (most of the time) and requires task manager to sahut it down. Any ideas of ways to fix, or indeed delete and recreate the sent items folder would be helpful Does it also happen when you start Outlook in safe mode? Start-> Run; "path to outlook.exe" /safe Are you running in Cached Exchange Mode? If so disable it and try again. -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP...

Im making a website and cant get sound.
Hey guys, Trying to make a website through Publisher for a school, with deaf children i would like to make a site where the children hover over a picture or click the picture and it produces a sound. When i go to help it gives me information about background sounds. This doesnt help as i want it over a picture and i cant seem to do it. If you guys know how to do what im trying to do please reply here and explain how i could get a sound when i click on a picture. Many thanks Hi Jake Harp...

NK2 Autocomplete File: Online vs. Offline?
I am experiencing an odd problem with the NK2 file and the retention of addresses within. Before I get to the actual problem, I will share what I know. This file's function is to retain addresses for auto-completing purposes when sending a new email message. FACTS: - addresses are stored once an email has been sent to a user, as opposed to pulling directly from the address book. - the file can retain up to 1000 addresses PROBLEM: From time to time, the size of the NK2 file reverts back to zero and loses all the data within it. From what I can tell, in regards to the 100+ users in my...

Offline reports
Reports are only available when users are online. Is there anyway to create a custom report to use the offline store. Better yet - is there a way to have the report go to the offline store when disconnected and use the server database when connected. Would be nice if all reports worked this way... Agreed, that would be nice. Great suggestion for next version. Since v3.0's reporting engine is SRS, maybe a SRS limitation for offline/MSDE support?? I guess we can leverage the dynamic excel and word merge/link as a "creative" work-around. Frank Lee Workopia, Inc. http://www....

Exchange 2003 Offline Adressbuch
hallo, ich habe probleme mit dem offlineadressbuch. wir haben mehrere adresslisten im einsatz. user haben halt nur auf eine bestimmte adressliste rechte. das funktioniert auch alles. wenn ich jetzt eine offlineadressliste erstelle und dort die adressliste des benutzer hinterlege funktioniert das nicht. es wird immer die globale (also die komplette) adressliste angezeigt. der benutzer bekommt somit viel mehr zu sehen als er eigentlich darf!!! gibt es da m�glichkeiten das einzuschr�nken? umgebung: exchange 2003 - outlook2000/xp/03 irgendwelche ideen? danke michael ...

Make a db become visible
Hello! If a database was opened with the shell statement as vbHide, how can this database become visible? as an example: a database db1.mdb opens db2.mdb with this function Shell "MsAccess 'C:\db2.mdb'", vbHide What would be the code to put into db2.mdb so it makes itself become visible? Thanks for any suggestion! ...

Offline setting in Outlook 2002
Running a laptop with Windows XP SP1 & Outlook 2002. Outlook is configured as a MAPI client (for use w/ Exchange 2000 server). User also has an .ost file configured locally on the laptop. The laptop is often connected to the corporate network via VPN using a Cisco VPN client. From time to time, while connected via VPN, Outlook goes into Offline mode. Restarting Outlook does not result in the program coming out of Offline status. I've found that the only way to resolve this issue is for the user to log off/on again and restart Outlook. At present, I've configured Outloo...

delayed delivery options and offline server = mass email send
on Friday, user scheduled email in Outlook to delay send until Saturday afternoon. equipment failure caused exchange 2003 on SBS server to lose internet access from Saturday morning until Sunday morning. Local network connection was not broken, ie: Outlook clients stayed connected to Exchange server during downtime. During downtime, Exchange was sending thousands of delivery status notification 'delay' messages to Outlook client regarding previously scheduled email that it is now trying to send. Upon reconnection of internet access, thousands of copies of the scheduled email were s...

Linking 2 subreports to main
I have a SQL 2008 main report that prints checks and is based on a stored proc and it works fine by itself. I have subreports that I want to add to this main report but I cannot figure out how to "link" them. I was able to drag the subreport from my solution in VS 2008 and place it on the main report but when I preview it it does not print. What do I use to dynamically link a field value on the main report with a field value on the subreport? The parameters for the main report are checknumber start and stop but I want to link the subreport on the CheckID which will ...

Error when going offline 08-08-07
One of our users has a CRM lap top client installed. He can't go offline. After he has pressed the 'go offline'-button the process starts, but when 'Initialization of database' starts the Outlook closes and the process is stopped. This happens every time. Is there anyone that has a solution for this ? -- Regards Tvaia On 8 Sie, 11:18, Tvaia <Tv...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > One of our users has a CRM lap top client installed. He can't go offline. > After he has pressed the 'go offline'-button the process starts, but when > 'Init...

OFFLINE
I CANNOT CONNECT TO THE OFFLINE DATABASE IN THE BACKOFICE EVERYTHING ELSE WORKS GREAT BUT IN BACK OFFICE IT SAYS ERROR 2147217843 SQL STATE 42000 NATIVE ERROR 18456 Is the backoffice the database server at that location? If so, you don't need the offline database on that machine; or if its not licensed for POS, you don't need the offline database either. If this doesn't apply, make sure that when you connect you change the server to point to "local"....hope this helps "WPALMER72" wrote: > I CANNOT CONNECT TO THE OFFLINE DATABASE IN THE BACKOFICE EVE...

How do I get the NoMAS tool?
I have a bunch of disabled mailboxes (270) that need to be exported and deleted, but the issue outlined in KB 555410 is preventing me from doing so. While I could go and set the permissions individually, I have found references elsewhere (http://www.petri.co.il/nomas_tool.htm) that indicate that the NoMAS tool can set the permissions in one stroke. Where can I get this tool, please? you need to contact PSS (microsoft premier support), they are quite hard to get outside ms. "Christopher Martin" <christopher_martin@medfin.com.au> wrote in message news:eMavJd6LHHA.1044@TK...