Offline Database #5

Hy,
I use the option : offline terminal database with RMS version 1.3R but I
have some problems.

I have create my offline database.
I have define it to the Pos Administrator.
The database online synchronize the database offline when I generate Z
report ... on Pos.
But I use custom table connected with the Item's table. This table contents
item's price and it will not synchronize on the offline database.

Is there any solution or a tips to solve this problem.

Thanks

Math

0
Math (30)
6/6/2007 2:57:01 PM
pos 14173 articles. 0 followers. Follow

I don't believe there is any way to make your added table synchronize.
You could write your own synchronization routine to either copy the
extended table to the offline database, or process offline sales after
the regular DB is reconnected.  Generally nothing 'advanced' works in
off-line mode.  It is just there to allow sales to continue until normal
operation is restored.

Glenn Adams
Tiber Creek Consulting
http://www.tibercreek.com
glenn@tibercreek.com

Math wrote:
> Hy,
> I use the option : offline terminal database with RMS version 1.3R but I
> have some problems.
>
> I have create my offline database.
> I have define it to the Pos Administrator.
> The database online synchronize the database offline when I generate Z
> report ... on Pos.
> But I use custom table connected with the Item's table. This table contents
> item's price and it will not synchronize on the offline database.
>
> Is there any solution or a tips to solve this problem.
>
> Thanks
>
> Math

0
glenn9672 (1267)

How to attach a database located in a different directory?
Hi, I have developed an application using a SQL Server 2005 Express. Now I am trying to deploy my application using a connection string with attaches the database that I want to deploy. I expect an installed SQL Server 2005 Express. But it seems that it expect the files to be at the directory I have detached the database file from. I cannot make any assumptions about where the SQL server has instelled to. How can I change the location of the file? Thanks Lothar On Tue, 25 May 2010 06:33:21 -0700 (PDT), Lothar Behrens <lothar.behrens@lollisoft.de> wrote: >Hi,...

Access Database for MAC
Version: v.X Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: Power PC When will Access be added to the Microsoft Office Package? I would like to be able to not only bring home my MS Word, Excel and Powerpoint but the Access Databases so I can work at home when trying to catch up on things. Would love, want and NEED Access too Thank you Access has never been available for Mac. Microsoft has not announced any plans to add Access to the Office suite, so there is no new information to report. If you need to work with Access databases at home, you can run Windows on your Mac through the ...

Offline [WP]
Offline Address Book is not updating? Not sure where to look for trouble. Advise Please. Thank you In news:5AD2EF80-C2A1-486B-885F-8DE749CD4836@microsoft.com, WILDPACKET <WILDPACKET@discussions.microsoft.com> typed: > Offline Address Book is not updating? > > Not sure where to look for trouble. > > Advise Please. > > Thank you Exact error messages, wherever you see them, would help. Otherwise, see http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/97fa2c4a-7408-41ba-a665-1104d0895fa7.aspx or google. have you done a rebuild? see if anything here helps: http://su...

Trendlines #5
Hi All, I want to add a second Trendline to my chart. Joining only three markers. How do I highlight just three markers and add the trendline. I know how to draw a line manually. Thanks, kfh. You need to add a new series with just the data for those three points. - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP Peltier Technical Services Tutorials and Custom Solutions http://PeltierTech.com/ _______ k f h wrote: > Hi All, > > I want to add a second Trendline to my chart. Joining only three markers. > How do I highlight just three markers and add the trendline. I know how...

Link individual Excel files to one Access database
Is there any way, without programming codes, to link individual Excel 2003 wookbooks to one common Access 2003 database? Thanks for your input. Hi Define all tables in workbooks as named ranges. Link tables to Accsess database (Files.GetExternalData.LinkTables - set file type to *.xls and select workbook, select 'Show named ranges' and then table you want to link. -- (When sending e-mail, use address arvil@tarkon.ee) Arvi Laanemets "jrh" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:0ee101c3bff3$d599cb10$a101280a@phx.gbl... > Is there any way, w...

Migrating Mailboxes from 5.5 to 2K3
I've just finished a test migration from a 5.5 domain to 2K3 domain. The migration was a success, but...the two exchange organizations have different address spaces (ie. 5.5 = @contoso.com, 2K3 = @nwtraders.com) and when I check the migrated user accounts in AD the primary email address is a 2K3 address. The account still has the old 5.5 address attached, but I want the 5.5 address to be the primary SMTP address. Is there any way I can do this without going through each individual account and manually changing this? What recipient policies do you have defined in E2k3? -- Neil ...

Patch
I have a NT 4, running Exchange 5.5 SP4. I am about to install patch Exchange5.5-KB829436-x86-enu.EXE . Will this restart my Information Store or only The Internet mail service. You'll see this flash when you apply the patch: "The Microsoft Exchange Internet Mail Connector and all dependent services will be stopped to apply this hotfix and will be restarted before finishing." Thanks, Fitz Crittle This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. Please do not send email to this address, post a reply to this newsgroup "Alfred&quo...

outlook keeps saying offline how to get over this problem?
I can not get Microsoft office outlook to open keeps saying that cannot open offline and that I can not get on line connection with it even though my internet was on line. I need this to sync my mobile urgently so anyone got any ideas????? PLEASE!! ...

offline cache mode GPO
Good afternoon, I have configured outlook 2003 and exchange 2003 for 150 users. I enabled offline cache mode and forced an automatic send/receive every 5 minutes. Since this decreasing user's performance I would like to disable "every X minutes" and enable the send/receive action on close Outlook. Does anybody knows the GPO or registry setting for this? I already have the OUTL11.adm loaded. kr dimi You will need to use the Custom Maintenance Wizard for this -- Screen 17, Send/receive Settings. -- Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP Author of Microsoft Outlook Programming - J...

Company Secretarial database template
Does anyone have a template that can be used to store company secretarial information? On Sun, 30 Dec 2007 12:50:01 -0800, SBailey <SBailey@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Does anyone have a template that can be used to store company secretarial >information? That's a very vague yet also very narrow description. The information which one company might keep about secretaries would probably be altogether different than what some other company might keep! I've never heard of such a template, and in any case I'd be more inclined to build a database from scratch tha...

Outlook Express 5.5 folders
I occasioanlly look to see how big my folders are. I am running out of drive space, so I have deleted lots of emails in various folders (inbox, sent, personal, etc) BUT the folders do get physically smaller in the directory listings. WHY? and how can i get them to reduce in size if i have deleted some files? Thx Kerri <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I occasioanlly look to see how big my folders are. > I am running out of drive space, so I have deleted lots of > emails in various folders (inbox, sent, personal, etc) BUT > the folders do get physically sma...

connecting to databases
can anyone suggested a good textbook to learn how to use excel to connect to databases. Also a good book to learn about the basics of databases? Any suggestions with learning this material would be greatly appreciated. for example some people have suggested learning more about SQL than MS Access? Your input would be greatly appreciated Thank you Hi dstiefe, A tutorial here on using pivot tables connected to databases. http://edferrero.m6.net/tutorials.shtml My suggestion for learning databases - start with Access. Ed Ferrero http://edferrero.m6.net/ > can anyone suggested a good...

Offline Files
IS there a size limitation for Offlien Files for Windows XP? We have users trying to Offline over 7.5GBS of files, but we get corrupted csc databse, and we need to constantly reset it. Thanks Can you put eight cars in a one-car garage or four feet into a shoe? BillVAS wrote: > IS there a size limitation for Offlien Files for Windows XP? > > We have users trying to Offline over 7.5GBS of files, but we get corrupted > csc databse, and we need to constantly reset it. > > Thanks Well I'm just wondering why all that data needs to be offline? Russ --...

mail merge in publisher #5
I have created a document in publisher 2007 which contain mail merge fields. When I preview the documents the mail merge fields are shown correctly. However when I send the email only the name of the field is shown ie First name! I am creating the merge from Business Contact Manager. Can anybody please help it's driving me mad! There are several articles addressing email merge Mail, e-mail, and catalog merge http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/publisher/CH100502901033.aspx Using Business Contact Manager http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/publisher/CH102071851033.aspx -- Mary Sa...

0x80070005 "do not have permissions" in offline mode
I switched a user called Richard over to a new server all was ok. But, he is using a dial-up VPN. He also uses offline mode and he has cached mode selected. After the migration when he was on the new server he was getting the error number. 0x80070005 "do not have permissions" when he hit send and receive. But when he changed Outlook to Online all was ok. He wasn't getting that error when he hit send and receive. Does anyone know what would cause this? All research I have done says that it is an access issue, or a service pack, windows update issue. I don't think...

Test database connection fails
On 1 pc the test database connection fails, when in store operations administrator, configuration. This is the only pc with this problem. Pc is running xp sp2 with all updates. RMS installed successfully with no errors. All settings in store operations administrator are identical to other pcs. The error message is "error 2147024769, method of object failed". Any suggestions would be appreciated. ...

POS 2.0 Database
I just installed the MS POS 2.0 on a brand new HP (w XP Pro) with a sample database. Now I am ready to delete everything and start my own store's DB. However, even though I deleted all 3 copies of the sample databases I previously created (via Tools>Dayabase>Delete) I still see the sample database items and configuration specifics. How can I create a clean DB for my store? What is the meaning of Db in MS POS? Is there a non-listed DB somewhere that does not get to be listed in the DB list (for deleting)? THANK YOU VERY MUCH IN ADVANCE. -Delen HI, how you make deletion, by us...

USB RNDIS image is not downloading in wince 5.0
Hi, Thanks for all ur great support. Now I got bootme message from my device and my device is detected in PB (target->connectivity options->Ethernet settings). But when i give Target->AttachDevice, the image is not downloading, at that time bootme is transferred to host. i set ip address both side by manually. ping and ipconfig is working perfectly in PC side. Any idea. Regards - D. your device IP address and your PC IP address must be in same subnet. Means if your device IP address is 192.168.0.<some unique value > then your PC IP is also 192.168.0. <...

Problem with Database Wizard

moving exchange database to another server
Hi Guys, I have an exchange server 2003 running on 2003 server. We need to move the database from one server to another. The other server is in the same domain and is also running exchange 2003. The operating system has corrupted itself and although I can login to the machine and access the database files, I am unable to use the exchange system manager. I am having trouble finding documentation on moving databases across to a different server? can anyone point me in the right direction? Regards, Jay On Tue, 17 Jan 2006 23:26:05 -0800, "y2kex" <y2kex@discussions.microsoft....

Error Downloading OffLine Address Book from Exchange Server 2000 in Outlook 2003
Hi, I am posting this message in the hope that somebody will be able to assist me with an issue that my users are experiencing. Currently when my users are attemptting to download the 'Offline Address Book' from within Outlook 2003 SP1 from our Exchange server which is running Exchange 2000 Server with Service Pack 3 installed. They get the following error message when using their mailbox in non-cached mode: An error occured while opening the Microsoft Exchange offline address book on the Exchange server When they do the following command combination: Tools - Send/Receive - Downl...

can a create an access database from a visio ERD?
if i can, how do i do it? i have been looking through the product (just purchased Visio Pro 2003) and i cannot seem to figure out how to do it. i am an intermediate access user and database designer...i just want to elimate the hand drawn to build in access steps. thanks in advance. the short answer is you need enterprise architect edition, not professional. Al "nomodo" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:DBE20EFC-BB35-4874-AF8C-681E78650507@microsoft.com... > if i can, how do i do it? i have been looking through the product (just purchased Visio Pro...

Exchange 5.5 Disk Full Errors
I have recently been put in charge to manage Exchange 5.5 Server with little knowing. Now, users don't connect because disk is full, only 3MB left on partition. When I use exchange administrator I can view how big each account is, but if I go to logins I see error. Same error if I go to recipients. Users can not connect to delete the email they have on account. There are also no log files left on system to delete, so it looks like I must delete mail. I tried to compress accounts but that did not work. Please help! * How big is the drive? How big is Priv.edb and Pub.edb? If these...

Outlook 2003 "OFFLINE" issue.
Hi, Since we upgraded the Exchange 2003 to SP2, some of our users encountered an issue where their Outlook client 2003 were "Offline" by itself. The users need to manually uncheck the "Work Offline" to reconnect the server. As far as i know, if there is a network issue, it should be "Disconnected", I did simulate this by unplug the network cable. Is there any issue with SP2 ? Please help... Thanks. Rgrds, Zul I am having the same problem. At first I thought it was a windows thing with a SID and the domain but now I think it is Outlook and some problem...

Countif #5
Hello, Using Windows XP & Excel XP. I want to keep track of the matching numbers drawn in a lottery to the numbers on lottery tickets. I have a setup with 5 different tickets that contain 5 numbers and at the bottom the actual numbers that were drawn. I want to go ticket by ticket and count how many matches of the actual drawn numbers. Here's an example. A B C D E F ----------------------------------------- 1 6 23 38 40 41 0 2 3 11 22 38 45 2 3 15 22 29 44 46 2...