NON TAXABLE Item Setup, What TAX CODE to assign

What is the proper way to set up a non taxable item like a coupon or labor?
I was assigning the <not assigned> (RMS dbase Tax ID 0)

(But I just read said to delete the <not assigned> tax code. to prevent a
runtime error (we have not had yet))

Do I need to setup a Non tax tax code? and add all non tax items to it?

PS I have a <          > (blank)(RMS Dbase tax id 3) tax code that seems to
need to be deleted, RMS assigned it tax code 3. There are currently no items
assigned to the <        > blank tax id

I can not find any guidance in the RMS Help. It seems MS expects RMS to
magically configure itself. there are not any substantive setup help files.
Is there a Setup and Installaion Help File or RMS for Dummies available?
--
RMS 1.3, MSDE
3 Lanes, 5 Back Office Clients XP sp2

Just go to the item's properties and make sure that the Item Tax field is
set to "None"

\Franco
fmanuel@gisimplement.com

"DDowningMO" wrote:

> What is the proper way to set up a non taxable item like a coupon or labor?
> I was assigning the <not assigned> (RMS dbase Tax ID 0)
>
> (But I just read said to delete the <not assigned> tax code. to prevent a
> runtime error (we have not had yet))
>
> Do I need to setup a Non tax tax code? and add all non tax items to it?
>
> PS I have a <          > (blank)(RMS Dbase tax id 3) tax code that seems to
> need to be deleted, RMS assigned it tax code 3. There are currently no items
> assigned to the <        > blank tax id
>
> I can not find any guidance in the RMS Help. It seems MS expects RMS to
> magically configure itself. there are not any substantive setup help files.
> Is there a Setup and Installaion Help File or RMS for Dummies available?
> --
> RMS 1.3, MSDE
> 3 Lanes, 5 Back Office Clients XP sp2
> Server 2003 sp1 Domain Static IP's
> Installed? and SETUP? by MS Partner Positive Technology
Thank You for the response
I had recieved an answer from "ROB" in another post that said

""You have two options you can either leave them not assigned to any tax or
if
you want you can create an Item Tax that has no Sales Taxes assigned to it""

so I opted to use the Non-tax code so that I could use it on reports better
maybe I hope!

DDowningMO
--

"Joseph Franco Manuel" wrote:

> Just go to the item's properties and make sure that the Item Tax field is
> set to "None"
>
> \Franco
> fmanuel@gisimplement.com
>

> "DDowningMO" wrote:
>
> > What is the proper way to set up a non taxable item like a coupon or labor?
> > I was assigning the <not assigned> (RMS dbase Tax ID 0)
> >
> > (But I just read said to delete the <not assigned> tax code. to prevent a
> > runtime error (we have not had yet))
> >
> > Do I need to setup a Non tax tax code? and add all non tax items to it?
> >
> > PS I have a <          > (blank)(RMS Dbase tax id 3) tax code that seems to
> > need to be deleted, RMS assigned it tax code 3. There are currently no items
> > assigned to the <        > blank tax id
> >
> > I can not find any guidance in the RMS Help. It seems MS expects RMS to
> > magically configure itself. there are not any substantive setup help files.
> > Is there a Setup and Installaion Help File or RMS for Dummies available?
> > --
> > RMS 1.3, MSDE
> > 3 Lanes, 5 Back Office Clients XP sp2
> > Server 2003 sp1 Domain Static IP's
> > Installed? and SETUP? by MS Partner Positive Technology
0
DDowningMO (76)

Setup problem with SenderID and OWA
So I've come accross a problem with my setup of my SPF record and users send mail with OWA. When a user logs into our Exchange server via OWA and sends a new message, the SMTP message header includes the IP address the OWA client was sending from.... Sample SMTP Header from Exchange server.... Received: from 70.247.95.109 ([70.247.95.109]) by solar.tul.solarwinds.net ([206.231.6.251]) with Microsoft Exchange Server HTTP-DAV ; <CR> <LF> .. This mail is rejected by the receiving mail server with the error message Response: 550 5.7.1 Sender ID (PRA) Not Permitted The ...

Macro code to clipboard
I have a macro that Pastes/Special/Values with one click. But it is not recognized by the undo feature. Is there a way that I can do this code that the Undo feature can still be used. Thank you, Steven Steven, You would need to write your own undo code. Have a look here http://www.j-walk.com/ss/excel/tips/tip23.htm -- Mike When competing hypotheses are otherwise equal, adopt the hypothesis that introduces the fewest assumptions while still sufficiently answering the question. "Steven" wrote: > I have a macro that Pastes/Special/Values with o...

Creating a field to search and enter non duplicate data
Hello all. I have a team of 15 pople that all work with reference numbers, on occasion a number has to be sent to a different work group. I've created a spreadsheet for them to enter the numbers into, but we have been duplicating numbers. I want to create a field to enter th number into, have the field cross reference the exsting numbers, and if it does not find a match, enter the number and sort the list. I know how to create a custom macro that will accomplish what I want to do, but I'd prefer a static formula if it's possible. A formula can not do waht y...

Ability to unassign items from sites
I would like the ability to unassign items from certain inventory sites. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http://www.microsoft.com/Businesssolutions/Community/NewsGroups/dgbrowser/en-us/default.mspx?mid=06c129d1-e483-4ab5-b474-4d3d584ba935&dg=microsof...

Last Question regarding ITems
I am unclear as to how I should take care of this item... Take for example I order a carton or case of items by I only sell these items by the single item. So in a case there is 36 or 48 or 60 of one item. How Should I enter this into RMS? I want to be able to buy 1 cs and recieve the inventory and have RMS automatically make it so that I have 36, 48 or 60 of them available. parent = case child = individual like items within case search help file for "parent child" "Pr0ject" <Pr0ject@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:F9E706E8-75B1-4E64-ACCF-72EAE...

non

how to get same sent items on multiple pc's (exchange)
Hi there! I run Outlook 2003 and use two different PCs (home and work) to access my mail which are both set up as microsoft exchange. It is a webmail account at my university. I love how it works, except that I have this one problem: When I send a mail from home, it does not appear in the sent items at work and vice versa. I have been trying to figure it out for a while now, but to no avail. I think I m missing something simple... Thanks for reading my post. Any help would be much appreciated! Pieka You have not set the default delivery location your Exchange account then ...

Trouble promoting Sent Items???
Anyone have any idea why I can't promote a sent item? Thanks, Jake I have a user that can't either. I opened a call with MS. They're looking at it. No timetable though. ...

Taxes---box not checked in POS screen (RMS)
We have two ways we enter order...work orders for internet orders, and the cash register in the store. I have set up taxes like this: In Manager: In Config Tax-exclusive checked Assign tax per customer-walk-in Group=Sales tax Field match=State In Database Sales Taxes Code=TN, descrption=TN State Tax Min tax amount=0 Max Tax Amt=0 Sales Tax Rate=9.750% + $0.00 No other boxes checked Customer taxes Code=TAX, description=Sales ...

Sent Item not Showing Up
I'm at an office Running Office 97 and Outlook 2000. When they send at attached file from the Application, not Outlook, using Send To - Mail Recipient the message does not show up in the Sent Items bin of Outlook. There is apparently no record of it at all within my system although, obviously, the reciever knows it was sent. Is this an Office 97 problem? An Outlook 2000 problem? An interface problem or just this office's implementation. Thanks for any help. Tom Liberman tommylib@yahoo.com ...

PA EMST local tax
Pennsylvania charges a fee to its workers for Emergency Management Serives. This fee is withheld only once annually and is differenent for each locality. We implemented GP on 1/1/07 and used Greenshades local tax manager to set up these tax codes and tables. On a few employees, they did not gross enough to withhold the entire amount, so GP took a portion of the fee. On these employees next check, the entire amount was withheld. We now have to refund the amount over withheld. Does anyone have suggestions on how to accomplish this without having to open up the summary for manual ...

Item has already been added. Key in dictionary:"winbootdir" Key being added: "winbootdir"
When I create a instance of web services proxy in winform, I get the exception. Stack Trace: System.ArgumentException: Item has already been added. Key in dictionary:"winbootdir" Key being added: "winbootdir" at System.Collections.Hashtable.Insert(Object key, Object nvalue, Boolean add) at System.Collections.Hashtable.Add(Object key, Object value) at System.Collections.Specialized.StringDictionary.Add(String key, String value) at System.CodeDom.Compiler.Executor.ExecWaitWithCapture(IntPtr userToken, String cmd, String currentDir, TempFileCollection tempFiles,...

Query a non-MS/non-Active Directory LDAP Server
Hi All, Does anyone know how to query an LDAP server from Access VBA that is not a Microsoft / Active Directory (AD) server? I have found a lot of stuff about how to query AD and have succeeded in doing so. But that does not seem to transfer to the non-MS LDAP server. It gives the error "Automation error" "There is no such object on the server." Thanks, Clifford Bass -- Message posted via AccessMonster.com http://www.accessmonster.com/Uwe/Forums.aspx/access-modules/201004/1 Clifford Is there a chance that there...

updating line items in econnect
econnect seems to allow me to change detail records insode of an order. However, if I change the item number or the line number, I get an error. Am I limited to only changing quantities/prices or is there a way to change everything in the detail? ...

VBA Code not shown
I have a Excel File containing VBA macros. But when i want to view the VBA code by going to the does not ask for password as it is expected for a Password Protected Project. Else, it says, project is unviewable. Why is that? Is this something else except a VBA Excel File? How can i see the code? Thanks in Advance. Is the workbook shared? What version excel created the workbook? What version of excel are you using to try to open the project? Subodh wrote: > > I have a Excel File containing VBA macros. > But when i want to view the VBA code by going to the does not a...

Folder displaying incorrect item number
I've got a number of users who have a shortcut to a public folder on their outlook bar. This shortcut incorrectly displays the number of items in the folder. For example, there is one item in the folder but the shortcut shows 52. If there's 2 items then it shows 53. If I log onto the PC then it displays the item number correctly. I logged one of the users onto another PC but the problem was still there. I recreated her network profile and her outlook profile but no joy. Were using outlook XP and XP desktop. Any help is appreciated Thanks Jeff Have you seen if there is any filter ...

Non Delivery Strangeness
I rebooted Exchange 2003 SP2 and received the following NonDelivery email on 1/3/2006 for an email sent on12/15/2005. I and other users received a few of these and the server seems to perform normally for the 100's of other emails that are sent and received daily. Thanks, Dan Foxley ---------------------- Your message did not reach some or all of the intended recipients. Subject: Purchasing From Your Site Sent: 12/19/2005 2:05 PM The following recipient(s) could not be reached: smartservice@smartwool.com on 1/3/2006 10:17 AM The e-mail system was unable to deliver the message, but d...

Approval Code
I have set up the tenders in RMS as Credit Card and have configured a cherry keyboard to submit the information from the card swipe. This all works well, but I cannot seem to enter in the approval code, what option must I select so that the cashier can enter the number? -- Thank you for the help!! Richard Page MSc. Hi, Approval Code is a response code from your merchant processor confirming that they have received/processed the transaction. From the merchant's end, we don't input the approval code. "RikPage" wrote: > I have set up the tenders in RMS as Credi...

Code for tab to use in replace box

NON TAXABLE Item Setup, What TAX CODE to assign
What is the proper way to set up a non taxable item like a coupon or labor? I was assigning the <not assigned> (RMS dbase Tax ID 0) (But I just read said to delete the <not assigned> tax code. to prevent a runtime error (we have not had yet)) Do I need to setup a Non tax tax code? and add all non tax items to it? PS I have a < > (blank)(RMS Dbase tax id 3) tax code that seems to need to be deleted, RMS assigned it tax code 3. There are currently no items assigned to the < > blank tax id I can not find any guidance in the RMS Help. It seems MS ex...

Cannot boot, setup cannot detect existing installation
After being infected by a virus (cleaned from via anti-virus bootcd) my Dell XP machine no longer boots. Trying to boot in safe-mode stalls after the line that says that it is loading ACPI.sys. I tried to do a repair from the windows XP setup CD but it fails to detect the existing installation. I don't know if it makes any difference but there are 3 partitions (C:, dell utility and dell recovery). Since it seems to loading the other 'sys' files before ACPI I assume that the bootloader sequence is okay (MBR, boot partition, etc) and the problem lies with system files. I...

NDR from non-existent email address
Any user that sends a meeting request to the user in question gets the following responce. Your message did not reach some or all of the intended recipients. I changed the info to the innocent. Subject: test Sent: 8/16/2005 9:01 AM The following recipient(s) could not be reached: Gay, Esse M. on 8/16/2005 9:02 AM The recipient name is not recognized The MTS-ID of the original message is: c=US;a= ;p=XXX;l=XXXXXXX-XXXXXXX MSEXCH:MSExchangeMTA:EXCHANGE:XXXXXX This only happens with meeting invites, regular email goes through just fine. It is jus...

Converting VBA Code
I've recently converted to Access 2007 from Access 2000. Some of the simplest procedures no longer work in my updated databases. For example DoCmd.Maximize as an event procedure in the OnOpen event or DoCmd.GoToRecord acDataForm, "HouseholdItems", acNewRec in the OnLoad event. When I open the form in question it opens to the first record and in minimized format. I've tried re-entering the code and still get the same result. Is there a simple change that the conversion failed to accomplish? Is there a simple fix? Thanks for the help. Dave from Victoria Dave, yo...

Tax Update #2
Hello all, Just have a quick question in regards to the newly passed stimulus package and the subsequent tax updates that will be applied. We have Version 8.3 of Great Plains and just want to confirm that the updates do apply for that version. I know that we can do it manually but are more then willing just to wait for the update. Many thanx Hi Brian As far as I can tell Great Plains 8 is no longer supported (it actually isn't eeven on the life list: http://support.microsoft.com/gp/lifeselectmonbus If you can't upgrade, you will need to apply this change manually. -- Fli...

Non-cash, Non-regular Transactions
Money 2003 SE V11 I have a need to set up transactions, such as Mileage, to keep track of non-cash activities. I currently handle it by setting up Bills & Deposits split into two transactions totalling $0.00. The first is the Category/Subcategory I want to track and the second is a Category/(Non-Cash Offset Subcategory) that I filter out of all reports. This works ok for me. Example: (meaning 23 miles traveled) Mileage:Medical/Dental 23.00 Mileage:Offset Non-cash Transaction -23.00 However, the transaction is not regularly occurring. Yet we are required to ...