No Labels for Assembly Items = Completely Unacceptable

The longer I use RMS, the more this bothers me.

The Label Wizard even offers an Item Selection criteria option for Assembly
Items.  The trouble is that it doesn't work!

It's apparent that design intent did exist for printing labels for assembly
items.

Riddle me this, Microsoft: how long will I wait before I get the
functionality you so obviously intended?  What is the point of even having an
assembly item if I can't print a label for it?

I beg you.  Please.  Pretty please with sugar on top.  Give me labels for
assembly items!!!

My frustration runneth over,
Tom
--
The worst words in business:
"We''ve always done it that way"

----------------
click "I Agree" in the message pane.

http://www.microsoft.com/Businesssolutions/Community/NewsGroups/dgbrowser/en-us/default.mspx?mid=9f5c8ac7-03d5-4b35-84d9-8d4f1c68c9b1&dg=microsoft.public.pos
0
tomg1 (230)
4/5/2006 11:40:01 PM
pos 14173 articles. 0 followers. Follow

How many assemblies do you have?
Are you using assemblies on purchase orders?
Do you have a barcode printer? If so, what brand/model?

Greg
Digital Retail Solutions
www.digitalretailer.com/rmsaddins

"Terrible Tom" <tomg@GO_FISHrobysfurniture.com> wrote in message
> The longer I use RMS, the more this bothers me.
>
> The Label Wizard even offers an Item Selection criteria option for
> Assembly
> Items.  The trouble is that it doesn't work!
>
> It's apparent that design intent did exist for printing labels for
> assembly
> items.
>
> Riddle me this, Microsoft: how long will I wait before I get the
> functionality you so obviously intended?  What is the point of even having
> an
> assembly item if I can't print a label for it?
>
> I beg you.  Please.  Pretty please with sugar on top.  Give me labels for
> assembly items!!!
>
> My frustration runneth over,
> Tom
> --
> The worst words in business:
> "We''ve always done it that way"
> --
> Stop Fishing for eMail.
>
> ----------------
> this
> click "I Agree" in the message pane.
>
> http://www.microsoft.com/Businesssolutions/Community/NewsGroups/dgbrowser/en-us/default.mspx?mid=9f5c8ac7-03d5-4b35-84d9-8d4f1c68c9b1&dg=microsoft.public.pos

0
support7094 (156)
4/6/2006 12:13:03 AM
"Greg [DRS]" wrote:
> How many assemblies do you have?

Well over 100, most of which are mattress sets that account for about 1/4 of
all sales.  I also have quite a few Kit items, but those labels print
normally.

> Are you using assemblies on purchase orders?

No.  I don't think you can do that.

> Do you have a barcode printer? If so, what brand/model?

No.  I print my labels on regular laser printers.

> Greg
> Digital Retail Solutions
> www.digitalretailer.com/rmsaddins
>

> "Terrible Tom" <tomg@GO_FISHrobysfurniture.com> wrote in message
> > The longer I use RMS, the more this bothers me.
> >
> > The Label Wizard even offers an Item Selection criteria option for
> > Assembly
> > Items.  The trouble is that it doesn't work!
> >
> > It's apparent that design intent did exist for printing labels for
> > assembly
> > items.
> >
> > Riddle me this, Microsoft: how long will I wait before I get the
> > functionality you so obviously intended?  What is the point of even having
> > an
> > assembly item if I can't print a label for it?
> >
> > I beg you.  Please.  Pretty please with sugar on top.  Give me labels for
> > assembly items!!!
> >
> > My frustration runneth over,
> > Tom
> > --
> > The worst words in business:
> > "We''ve always done it that way"
> > --
> > Stop Fishing for eMail.
> >
> > ----------------
> > this
> >
> > http://www.microsoft.com/Businesssolutions/Community/NewsGroups/dgbrowser/en-us/default.mspx?mid=9f5c8ac7-03d5-4b35-84d9-8d4f1c68c9b1&dg=microsoft.public.pos

0
tomg1 (230)
4/6/2006 5:55:01 PM
Tom, I use a sign program called Signs Made Simple to print very
professional signs for all my assembly items. They have premade templates
for furniture sets were you can print all the components of the assembly and
the price, plus many other templates to do just about any kind of sign you
want. The price for the software is under $40 . If you want i can give you
the phone # of where to buy it. I know it's not as simple as printing labels
directly from RMS, but I think it does a nice job on my assembly items, and
all my sale items as well.
Craig
> "Greg [DRS]" wrote:
>> How many assemblies do you have?
>
> Well over 100, most of which are mattress sets that account for about 1/4
> of
> all sales.  I also have quite a few Kit items, but those labels print
> normally.
>
>> Are you using assemblies on purchase orders?
>
> No.  I don't think you can do that.
>
>> Do you have a barcode printer? If so, what brand/model?
>
> No.  I print my labels on regular laser printers.
>
>> Greg
>> Digital Retail Solutions
>> www.digitalretailer.com/rmsaddins
>>

>> "Terrible Tom" <tomg@GO_FISHrobysfurniture.com> wrote in message
>> > The longer I use RMS, the more this bothers me.
>> >
>> > The Label Wizard even offers an Item Selection criteria option for
>> > Assembly
>> > Items.  The trouble is that it doesn't work!
>> >
>> > It's apparent that design intent did exist for printing labels for
>> > assembly
>> > items.
>> >
>> > Riddle me this, Microsoft: how long will I wait before I get the
>> > functionality you so obviously intended?  What is the point of even
>> > having
>> > an
>> > assembly item if I can't print a label for it?
>> >
>> > I beg you.  Please.  Pretty please with sugar on top.  Give me labels
>> > for
>> > assembly items!!!
>> >
>> > My frustration runneth over,
>> > Tom
>> > --
>> > The worst words in business:
>> > "We''ve always done it that way"
>> > --
>> > Stop Fishing for eMail.
>> >
>> > ----------------
>> > This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the
>> > suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the
>> > "I
>> > Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow
>> > this
>> > link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and
>> > then
>> > click "I Agree" in the message pane.
>> >
>> > http://www.microsoft.com/Businesssolutions/Community/NewsGroups/dgbrowser/en-us/default.mspx?mid=9f5c8ac7-03d5-4b35-84d9-8d4f1c68c9b1&dg=microsoft.public.pos

0
craig6967 (916)
4/6/2006 6:07:30 PM
TT,

Have you tried the RITE label program?
http://www.rite.us/custom/ritelabel.htm

Trial available, but don't see anything about assemblies quickly

--
*

You must be using Outlook Express or some other type of newsgroup reader to
see and download the file attachment.  If you are not using a reader, follow
the link below to setup Outlook Express.  Click on "Open with newsreader"

http://tinyurl.com/75bgz

**********

"Greg [DRS]" wrote:
> How many assemblies do you have?

Well over 100, most of which are mattress sets that account for about 1/4 of
all sales.  I also have quite a few Kit items, but those labels print
normally.

> Are you using assemblies on purchase orders?

No.  I don't think you can do that.

> Do you have a barcode printer? If so, what brand/model?

No.  I print my labels on regular laser printers.

> Greg
> Digital Retail Solutions
> www.digitalretailer.com/rmsaddins
>

> "Terrible Tom" <tomg@GO_FISHrobysfurniture.com> wrote in message
> > The longer I use RMS, the more this bothers me.
> >
> > The Label Wizard even offers an Item Selection criteria option for
> > Assembly
> > Items.  The trouble is that it doesn't work!
> >
> > It's apparent that design intent did exist for printing labels for
> > assembly
> > items.
> >
> > Riddle me this, Microsoft: how long will I wait before I get the
> > functionality you so obviously intended?  What is the point of even
> > having
> > an
> > assembly item if I can't print a label for it?
> >
> > I beg you.  Please.  Pretty please with sugar on top.  Give me labels
> > for
> > assembly items!!!
> >
> > My frustration runneth over,
> > Tom
> > --
> > The worst words in business:
> > "We''ve always done it that way"
> > --
> > Stop Fishing for eMail.
> >
> > ----------------
> > suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the
> > "I
> > this
> > link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and
> > then
> > click "I Agree" in the message pane.
> >
> > http://www.microsoft.com/Businesssolutions/Community/NewsGroups/dgbrowser/en-us/default.mspx?mid=9f5c8ac7-03d5-4b35-84d9-8d4f1c68c9b1&dg=microsoft.public.pos

0
spam3944 (2163)
4/6/2006 7:36:17 PM
I tried it.  Getting the evaluation to run was like jumping through a long
series of burning hoops.  An interesting concept, but not a solution for this
problem.

I appreciate the thought,
Tom

"Jeff" wrote:

> TT,
>
> Have you tried the RITE label program?
> http://www.rite.us/custom/ritelabel.htm
>
> Trial available, but don't see anything about assemblies quickly
>
> --
> *
>
> You must be using Outlook Express or some other type of newsgroup reader to
> see and download the file attachment.  If you are not using a reader, follow
> under the MS Retail Management System on the right.
>
> http://tinyurl.com/75bgz
>
> **********
>
> "Terrible Tom" <tomg@GO_FISHrobysfurniture.com> wrote in message
> "Greg [DRS]" wrote:
> > How many assemblies do you have?
>
> Well over 100, most of which are mattress sets that account for about 1/4 of
> all sales.  I also have quite a few Kit items, but those labels print
> normally.
>
> > Are you using assemblies on purchase orders?
>
> No.  I don't think you can do that.
>
> > Do you have a barcode printer? If so, what brand/model?
>
> No.  I print my labels on regular laser printers.
>
> > Greg
> > Digital Retail Solutions
> > www.digitalretailer.com/rmsaddins
> >

> > "Terrible Tom" <tomg@GO_FISHrobysfurniture.com> wrote in message
> > > The longer I use RMS, the more this bothers me.
> > >
> > > The Label Wizard even offers an Item Selection criteria option for
> > > Assembly
> > > Items.  The trouble is that it doesn't work!
> > >
> > > It's apparent that design intent did exist for printing labels for
> > > assembly
> > > items.
> > >
> > > Riddle me this, Microsoft: how long will I wait before I get the
> > > functionality you so obviously intended?  What is the point of even
> > > having
> > > an
> > > assembly item if I can't print a label for it?
> > >
> > > I beg you.  Please.  Pretty please with sugar on top.  Give me labels
> > > for
> > > assembly items!!!
> > >
> > > My frustration runneth over,
> > > Tom
> > > --
> > > The worst words in business:
> > > "We''ve always done it that way"
> > > --
> > > Stop Fishing for eMail.
> > >
> > > ----------------
> > > This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the
> > > suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the
> > > "I
> > > Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow
> > > this
> > > link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and
> > > then
> > > click "I Agree" in the message pane.
> > >
> > > http://www.microsoft.com/Businesssolutions/Community/NewsGroups/dgbrowser/en-us/default.mspx?mid=9f5c8ac7-03d5-4b35-84d9-8d4f1c68c9b1&dg=microsoft.public.pos

0
tomg1 (230)
4/6/2006 8:35:02 PM
I can make my own signs six ways to Sunday, but getting a scannable barcode
on them is a whole different animal.

If it weren't so much trouble, I'd be OK with a separate database with
Standard versions of all of my Assembly items.  Since I run HQ and SO on the
same LAN, my SO dongle is on Register 1 with the HQ dongle on the server.
When I use a separate database, after the eval period expires I have to exit
POS on Register 1, reconfigure SO Admin and launch POS just to get into my
'extra' database so I can print labels.  Then I need to reverse the process
so Register 1 can get back to business.

It's just stupid.  Microsoft has failed to follow through with their own
design intent--as evidenced by the Label Wizard's offering of Assembly Items
as a potential group of labels to be printed.

My default label shows Price C (not a valid field for an assembly item),
Price (for an assembly, this would be the sum of all components),
Description, ILC, SubDescriptions1-3 and Date Rec'd (again, the SubDesc's &
Date are not valid for assembly items).

I would be OK with a separate label design for assembly items.  All I really
need is Price (sum of components), Description, ILC and Barcode.

Tom

"Craig" wrote:

> Tom, I use a sign program called Signs Made Simple to print very
> professional signs for all my assembly items. They have premade templates
> for furniture sets were you can print all the components of the assembly and
> the price, plus many other templates to do just about any kind of sign you
> want. The price for the software is under $40 . If you want i can give you
> the phone # of where to buy it. I know it's not as simple as printing labels
> directly from RMS, but I think it does a nice job on my assembly items, and
> all my sale items as well.
> Craig
> "Terrible Tom" <tomg@GO_FISHrobysfurniture.com> wrote in message
> > "Greg [DRS]" wrote:
> >> How many assemblies do you have?
> >
> > Well over 100, most of which are mattress sets that account for about 1/4
> > of
> > all sales.  I also have quite a few Kit items, but those labels print
> > normally.
> >
> >> Are you using assemblies on purchase orders?
> >
> > No.  I don't think you can do that.
> >
> >> Do you have a barcode printer? If so, what brand/model?
> >
> > No.  I print my labels on regular laser printers.
> >
> >> Greg
> >> Digital Retail Solutions
> >> www.digitalretailer.com/rmsaddins
> >>

> >> "Terrible Tom" <tomg@GO_FISHrobysfurniture.com> wrote in message

0
tomg1 (230)
4/6/2006 9:07:02 PM
If you can 'print signs six ways to sunday', just print the assemblies
lookup # right on the sign. Takes 1 second longer to type this in instead of
scanning a barcode. Not really that big of a deal. All assemblies items are
individual items in the database so you're able to use their barcodes when
doing phsical inventory. I know it's not as flashy as being able to print a
barcode automatically, but it still works very well. I've been using this
software for almost five years and never found this to be a big issue.
>I tried it.  Getting the evaluation to run was like jumping through a long
> series of burning hoops.  An interesting concept, but not a solution for
> this
> problem.
>
> I appreciate the thought,
> Tom
>

> "Jeff" wrote:
>
>> TT,
>>
>> Have you tried the RITE label program?
>> http://www.rite.us/custom/ritelabel.htm
>>
>> Trial available, but don't see anything about assemblies quickly
>>
>> --
>> *
>>
>> You must be using Outlook Express or some other type of newsgroup reader
>> see and download the file attachment.  If you are not using a reader,
>> follow
>> the link below to setup Outlook Express.  Click on "Open with newsreader"
>> under the MS Retail Management System on the right.
>>
>> http://tinyurl.com/75bgz
>>
>> **********
>>
>> "Terrible Tom" <tomg@GO_FISHrobysfurniture.com> wrote in message
>> "Greg [DRS]" wrote:
>> > How many assemblies do you have?
>>
>> Well over 100, most of which are mattress sets that account for about 1/4
>> of
>> all sales.  I also have quite a few Kit items, but those labels print
>> normally.
>>
>> > Are you using assemblies on purchase orders?
>>
>> No.  I don't think you can do that.
>>
>> > Do you have a barcode printer? If so, what brand/model?
>>
>> No.  I print my labels on regular laser printers.
>>
>> > Greg
>> > Digital Retail Solutions
>> > www.digitalretailer.com/rmsaddins
>> >

>> > "Terrible Tom" <tomg@GO_FISHrobysfurniture.com> wrote in message

0
craig6967 (916)
4/6/2006 10:32:33 PM
Thanks for your input.

"Craig" wrote:

> If you can 'print signs six ways to sunday', just print the assemblies
> lookup # right on the sign. Takes 1 second longer to type this in instead of
> scanning a barcode. Not really that big of a deal. All assemblies items are
> individual items in the database so you're able to use their barcodes when
> doing phsical inventory. I know it's not as flashy as being able to print a
> barcode automatically, but it still works very well. I've been using this
> software for almost five years and never found this to be a big issue.
0
tomg1 (230)
4/7/2006 12:42:01 AM
Maybe create a new database then import the assembly items as normal
items and print out barcodes from there.

-Casey
Terrible Tom wrote:
> Thanks for your input.
>
> "Craig" wrote:
>
> > If you can 'print signs six ways to sunday', just print the assemblies
> > lookup # right on the sign. Takes 1 second longer to type this in instead of
> > scanning a barcode. Not really that big of a deal. All assemblies items are
> > individual items in the database so you're able to use their barcodes when
> > doing phsical inventory. I know it's not as flashy as being able to print a
> > barcode automatically, but it still works very well. I've been using this
> > software for almost five years and never found this to be a big issue.

Another option would be to create a seperate RMS database and import
your asssembly items into it as normal items then print them out.

Casey

Terrible Tom wrote:
> Thanks for your input.
>
> "Craig" wrote:
>
> > If you can 'print signs six ways to sunday', just print the assemblies
> > lookup # right on the sign. Takes 1 second longer to type this in instead of
> > scanning a barcode. Not really that big of a deal. All assemblies items are
> > individual items in the database so you're able to use their barcodes when
> > doing phsical inventory. I know it's not as flashy as being able to print a
> > barcode automatically, but it still works very well. I've been using this
> > software for almost five years and never found this to be a big issue.

I'm with Tom...

Assembly items are non functional..
what if I want to report on how many assemblies I sold...not possible
what if I want to print an assembly price list...not possible
What if I want to report on customers who purchased an assembly... not
possible.
In effect they are useless.

and I don't really want to purchase an "add-on" to give the functionality
that should have been incorporated in the first place.

I have been using this software since Quicksell2000.  It has hardly
improved.  the interface is roughly the same.   The functionality is somewhat
better, it is more stable, and their are fewer bugs...But there has not been
much DEVELOPMENT!

--
Jon Kahn
Confluence Kayaks

"Terrible Tom" wrote:

> The longer I use RMS, the more this bothers me.
>
> The Label Wizard even offers an Item Selection criteria option for Assembly
> Items.  The trouble is that it doesn't work!
>
> It's apparent that design intent did exist for printing labels for assembly
> items.
>
> Riddle me this, Microsoft: how long will I wait before I get the
> functionality you so obviously intended?  What is the point of even having an
> assembly item if I can't print a label for it?
>
> I beg you.  Please.  Pretty please with sugar on top.  Give me labels for
> assembly items!!!
>
> My frustration runneth over,
> Tom
> --
> The worst words in business:
> "We''ve always done it that way"
> --
> Stop Fishing for eMail.
>
> ----------------
> click "I Agree" in the message pane.
>
> http://www.microsoft.com/Businesssolutions/Community/NewsGroups/dgbrowser/en-us/default.mspx?mid=9f5c8ac7-03d5-4b35-84d9-8d4f1c68c9b1&dg=microsoft.public.pos

making labels #2
Is it possible to make labels from excel, or to transfer information from excel to word and then make labels? See http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/assistance/HP052037601033.aspx In article <124ECBC4-C3AF-47E6-A5BE-AC5B7F8E4894@microsoft.com>, "Jessica" <Jessica@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > Is it possible to make labels from excel, or to transfer information from > excel to word and then make labels? hi, yes. do a mail merge form word. open word Tools>mail merge> follow mail merge helper. Regards Frank >-----Original Message----- >Is i...

Returning Items to Vendor for rework or credit
I have a couple of questions regarding returning items to vendors. We deal with inventory and non-inventory items. In most cases, the receipt of items is posted as well as the vendor invoice. How do I create a return shipping document for the shipping department? Is there a way to adjust inventory on hand? In cases where the wrong item was received, not as ordered but was posted in the receivings batch, how do I re-open this purchase order? Any help is appreciated. Debbie, Have a look at Returns Transaction Entry in Purchasing. I think it will do what you need it to,...

how do i print labels using excell information
how do i print labels using excell information If you have Word, do a mail merge and use the excel file as the data source. You may want to read some tips for mailmerge. http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/mailmerg.htm http://www.mvps.org/word/FAQs/MailMerge The first is from David McRitchie and the second is by Beth Melton and Dave Rado. ricoh danielson wrote: > > how do i print labels using excell information -- Dave Peterson ...

Sent Items and Shared Mailboxes
Hi I am using Outlook 2003. I have some shared mailboxes open. I often use these mailboxes to send a response to clients. However, the response goes into the 'Sent Items' of my primary 'personal' account. How do I get the email to go into the 'Sent Items' of the corresponding shared mailbox account? Thanks Tim Have a look at http://www.ivasoft.com/unisent.shtml Regards, Victor Ivanidze "higgsy" <higgsy@community.nospam> wrote: news:O2DfUyL8IHA.3480@TK2MSFTNGP03.phx.gbl... > Hi > > I am using Outlook 2003. I have some shared mailbox...

X-Axis labels #2
I am having trouble using the x-axis labels that I have chosen in my worksheet. I have chosen a row with the dates spelled out, however, when I choose this row it gives me numbers in increments of two. How do I get the information to show up as January, February, etc.? Thanks. Robert Hi Robert, Double click the axis and on the scale tab of the format dialog set the number of ticklabels between categorys to 1. You may then need to adjust the fontsize to clearly read the text. Cheers Andy Robert wrote: > I am having trouble using the x-axis labels that I have > chosen in my ...

Deleted Items #4
I have an Exchange 2000 Server and I need to set it up to delete the mail from the deleted items folder in Outlook if they are over 30 days old. Is there any way to do this? Create a new Recipient Policy - when it asks you which type to create, select Mailbox Manager Settings. The rest should be fairly self-explanatory. I'd recommend to probably start off with running a report first so you will know what it is going to do. -- Ben Winzenz Exchange MVP MessageOne "Patricia" <me@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:OQ2UaC6wFHA.1168@TK2MSFTNGP15.phx.gbl... >I...

Too many records to complete this operation
I have Excel 2003 SP2 (Office Pro). I have a pivot table with 7 columns and 232 rows. I am trying to add one more column, but it wont. I get an error that reads "Too many records to complete this operation." My columns in question are city and state. I can use one or the other, but not both. I also have one calculated field weighting the averages in the data area. Any suggestions? Thanks, Usarian M. Skiff ...

Combine rows to print on one label
I have imported student information into an excel spreadsheet (use Excel 2003). Each student has one row of information for each course they take. I need to print one label for each student and each course & grade must print on a single label. How do I combine the rows to cause this to happen? assuming the info in the row is divided into separate columns for name, course, grade, etc you can do a mail merge in word using the spreadsheet as the data source "Clearcreek" wrote: > I have imported student information into an excel spreadsheet (use Excel > 2...

Special Characters on Labels
What are some ways to insert special characters (card suit symbols, cent sign, arrows, etc.) on form labels? -- Bill @ UAMS Try formating the label with the Wingdings font (or other similar symbol font) and entering the appropriate character. See Character Map in Windows for keys. Nick "BillCPA" <Bill @ UAMS> wrote in message news:0D137128-83B0-4C8A-A025-878622F8772C@microsoft.com... > What are some ways to insert special characters (card suit symbols, cent > sign, arrows, etc.) on form labels? > > -- > Bill @ UAMS Hi Bill, More specifically, I think...

How do I change data labels on scatterplot
I create scatter plots using two values (salary, year of hire) that relate to particular employees. I want to label each point with the contents of a third cell (initials of the individual related to the point). I have figured out how to change the label one point at a time, but I'd like to simply relate the contents of a third column to the markers defined by two other columns. Help!! -- ahannigan The free Excel add-in "Chart Data Labels" will do that. It can also include the cell formatting in the data label and link the cell contents to the label. Download from ......

Import/Export New items between MRS's
At present I have 2 locations. I am waiting for my software vender to supply me with HQ. In the mean time I need to transfer son items from one location to the other. These items are not on the second RMS. Is there any way to Export / Imprort the item date for these Items or do I have to enter all 150 items at the second POS? Thank You Mike There is an import tool that is free and can be downloaded from the link below. You must have access to CustomerSource to dowload the file. http://tinyurl.com/buzwz Rob "Michael F. C" <Michael F. C@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote ...

Labeling
When using the label templates in publisher, I want to make labels with a certain number on them. (I.E. i want the first label to have a 1 the second label to have a 2, etc.) When i look at the labels in print preview i see that the number that i entered is on every label. i just want that number on one label and different number on teh next and so forth. Is there a way I can make every label on a page number specific or do they all have to be the same when printing. thanks for the help Go here for help with numbering labels using a merge dialogue. http://www.publishermvps.com/gen...

Menu items become unexpectedly disabled
I am using MFC. Menu items become unexpectedly disabled. Does someone realize what shoul be the cause for such strange behavior? Thank you. "Cadu" <cadu@photogenesis.com.br> wrote in message news:ux5dQ52aEHA.1652@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl... > I am using MFC. Menu items become unexpectedly disabled. Does someone > realize what shoul be the cause for such strange behavior? Do they have handlers? Hi Cadu, You don't give a lot of explanations but one way to get a menu item disabled is when his ID no longer exists Normand. "Cadu" <cadu@photogenesis.com.b...

Backup Not Completeing
I have Small Business Server 2003 that has been in place for some time. For the past week the backup is not completing successfully. I get the following error Volume shadow copy creation: Attempt 1. Backup of "C: " Backup set #1 on media #1 Backup description: "SBS Backup created on 10/05/2010 at 8:00 PM" Media name: "Small Business Server Backup (01).bkf created 10/05/2010 at 8:00 PM" Backup Type: Normal Backup started on 10/05/2010 at 8:04 PM. Warning: Unable to open "C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\VMware\VMware v...

Printing column label on every page.
I have several column labels like date, hour, ect on one row on the top. I want to print this row label on every page. However I can't seem to do that because on the instruction option is grayed out. Here is the instruction. The last two instruction sentences are grayed and they give me no choice to do it. 1.. Click the worksheet. 2.. On the File menu, click Page Setup, and then click the Sheet tab. a.. 1.. Do one of the following: 2.. Print row and column headings 3.. a.. Select the Row and column headings check box, and click Print. 4.. Print row and column labels on ...

Chart Axis Labels are cutting short in 2002
The Axis labels in Excel 2002 are cutting of before the last letter. I can't size the square, its not an option, and if I change the font, the same thing happens. Only if I add an underscore in the titles will the last letter appear, but also will half the underscore. On Tue, 21 Oct 2003 06:33:38 -0700, Jason <castellanij@mbusa.com> wrote:= > The Axis labels in Excel 2002 are cutting of before the > last letter. I can't size the square, its not an option, > and if I change the font, the same thing happens. Only > if I add an underscore in the titles will the...

Auto del Outlook delete item
Dear All If a mailbox account only forward a mail to other mail account ,i have set a rule in outlook and set not keep copy but it only send it to delete item but not permanently del it ,delete item also become more and more big How can i auto delete if i will not open the outlook ,where can set in cleint side . Have any script to do this Best Regards snakesboy <snakesboys@gmail.com> wrote: > If a mailbox account only forward a mail to other mail account ,i have > set a rule in outlook and set not keep copy > > but it only send it to delete item but not permanently d...

Add data labels without displaying data points?
I have a bar graph showing payer mixes for our 3 business units, 6 bars for each unit, with the data labels above each bar showing the percent of total. Across the bottom of graph I would like to add the prior year percentages for comparison, but I don't want to include that data in the graph - just display the percentage. I tried adding a text box with the information, but I'm not able to consistently get it to line up with the current data. I also tried adding individual text boxes linked to my data, but this was not ideal because of the difficulty in lining them up as well...

Row labels displayed as column labels
In Excel 2007, how can a pivot table with fields in Row Labels appear as Column Labels with associated data also in columns? Please let me know if this is possible, as I have seen a pivot table with this type of display. Thank you for your assistance. -- I Teach ...

Way to mass change supplier for multiple items at once
Hi all, Is there a way to mass change the supplier for multiple items at once. When we have a change in who we order a product line from we have to go into each item individually to update the supplier info. Is there a easier way to update multiple items? Thanks, Skyler On 7/14/2010 12:37 PM, Skyler Lister Aley wrote: > Hi all, > > Is there a way to mass change the supplier for multiple items at once. When > we have a change in who we order a product line from we have to go into each > item individually to update the supplier info. Is there a easier way to &g...

How do I align, data labels and leaders on a pie Chart in Excel
When you have many data values displayed in a Pie Chart, how can you align the leaders and text neatly, instead of doing it manually, one ny one? ...

Item Unit Cost
We are using FIFO Perpetual in our item valuation method. When we uploaded our beginning balance for stock, some of the items we mistakenly did not put unit cost assuming that by putting the unit cost in the item maintenance table under current cost, it would automatically fetch that cost. Since it wouldnt, please help me how to quickly remedy the invoices already posted using the items that doesnt have unit cost. Thanks ...

Label
How can I write in VBE a code which will allow me to print (for example) 4 labels for item 950, 3 labels for 567 and so on?Is it a circle necessary? List for items changing quite frequently and is stored in 1st sheet, 2nd is a pattern of a label. ...

MSPOS: When I print a label with a barcode, the barcode uses the e
MSPOS: When I print a label with a barcode, the barcode uses the entire field length Course then the bar code reader can't scan it. It appears that the program is attempting to always use the entire width of the field instead of printing within the field size like RMS does. 5 numbers in ILC, any barcode type, barcode label field size 1.5" wide, always prints the barcode 1.5" wide Use a Dymo 330 Turbo printer, Windows driver using the same label format/info and field sizes that works fine in RMS and all other programs Sure glad I'm not selling this!! 4 bugs/_feat...

Allocating costs for purchased items
Hello: You would think that the Landed Cost module would solve an issue that I’m seeing at a client, but it does not. In a simplistic example, you have $1,000.00 of freight that you would like to capture as a separate cost on a PO containing 3 line items. Of the three cost calculations offered by Landed Cost, the most logical would be “Flat Amount”. But, Landed Cost then creates a total cost for this PO of $3,000.00. (It multiplies your Landed Cost ID’s cost amount by the number of line items for the PO, so it sees in this example 3 * $1,000.00 = $3,000.00.) Is there not a way in G...