No Buffer space available, any permanent solution ?

Dear all,

I have been experiencing this problem before but i can't find any permanent
solution.

I have tried searching for the solutions in the net but after reading all
threads , restarting is the only solution provided.

This problem occurs when my HQclient is attempting to connect. Thru VPN ,
they're connecting.

Is their any other solution ? would increasing my ram will be a solution ?

0
GregDxb (160)
7/8/2007 6:08:01 AM
pos 14173 articles. 0 followers. Follow

hi Greg, I can understand how much worried you are with this problem, the
possible thing is that your connectivity to the HQ.

Editting the registry is not for beginners, if you don't know what you're
doing I suggest you don't try this, basically it's use at your own risk.

Anytime you want to edit the registry it is a good idea to back it up first.
For information on how to backup and restore the registry in all versions of
Windows click here.

If you are using Windows 95/98/Me follow these steps:

First step is to launch the registry editor. To do this go to Start, Run and
type regedit. In the left pane navigate to
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\CurrentControlSet\Services\VxD\MSTCP once there,
look for an entry called MaxConnections. If it exists highlight it by
clicking it and then right click it and select modify. Increase the value
(recommended value is to double the current value).

If the MaxConnections entry does not exist you must create it. To do this,
right click in the right pane and choose new from the menu and select String
Value. Give it the name MaxConnections. Then right click it and select modify
and enter a value of 200.

Restart your computer, if all goes well then you fixed the problem, if not,
revert the changes by restoring the registry. (You may have to reboot to safe
mode to do this).

If you are running Windows NT/2000/XP follow these steps: First step is to
launch the registry editor. To do this go to Start, Run and type regedit. In
the left pane navigate to
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\Tcpip\Parameters once
there, you must create the entry TcpNumConnections. To do this, right click
in the right pane and choose new from the menu and select DWORD Value. Give
it the name TcpNumConnections. Then right click it and select modify and
enter a value of 200.

Restart your computer, if all goes well then you fixed the problem, if not,
revert the changes by restoring the registry. (You may have to reboot to safe
mode to do this).

ALSO (if above not resolve your issue)
Now try 2 way and I hope this will work the first thing you need to do is
delete the NIC card drivers and reinstall try to update it also then try to
PING first HQ.

Second if the 1st option won't work try to replace the network card and then
configure your client machine again. Also make sure that you don't have
firewall software which blocking the traffic to HQ.

"GregDxb" wrote:

> Dear all,
>
> I have been experiencing this problem before but i can't find any permanent
> solution.
>
> I have tried searching for the solutions in the net but after reading all
> threads , restarting is the only solution provided.
>
> This problem occurs when my HQclient is attempting to connect. Thru VPN ,
> they're connecting.
>
> Is their any other solution ? would increasing my ram will be a solution ?

0
AkberAlwani (916)
7/8/2007 10:08:00 AM
:) thanks for the reply... but let me clarify this...the error message is
showing in cleint side. So must perform this regedit to client side not in my
HQ ?

"Akber Alwani" wrote:

> [...]
> delete the NIC card drivers and reinstall try to update it also then try to
> PING first HQ.
>
> Second if the 1st option won't work try to replace the network card and then
> configure your client machine again. Also make sure that you don't have
> firewall software which blocking the traffic to HQ.
>

> "GregDxb" wrote:
>
> > Dear all,
> >
> > I have been experiencing this problem before but i can't find any permanent
> > solution.
> >
> > I have tried searching for the solutions in the net but after reading all
> > threads , restarting is the only solution provided.
> >
> > This problem occurs when my HQclient is attempting to connect. Thru VPN ,
> > they're connecting.
> >
> > Is their any other solution ? would increasing my ram will be a solution ?

7/8/2007 10:46:02 AM
yes the changes will be at client side and test will be done also from client
to HQ.

"GregDxb" wrote:

> [...]
> > delete the NIC card drivers and reinstall try to update it also then try to
> > PING first HQ.
> >
> > Second if the 1st option won't work try to replace the network card and then
> > configure your client machine again. Also make sure that you don't have
> > firewall software which blocking the traffic to HQ.
> >

> > "GregDxb" wrote:
> >
> > > Dear all,
> > >
> > > I have been experiencing this problem before but i can't find any permanent
> > > solution.
> > >
> > > I have tried searching for the solutions in the net but after reading all
> > > threads , restarting is the only solution provided.
> > >
> > > This problem occurs when my HQclient is attempting to connect. Thru VPN ,
> > > they're connecting.
> > >
> > > Is their any other solution ? would increasing my ram will be a solution ?

7/8/2007 11:04:01 AM
Yes the respect change apply at the client.

"GregDxb" wrote:

> [...]
> > delete the NIC card drivers and reinstall try to update it also then try to
> > PING first HQ.
> >
> > Second if the 1st option won't work try to replace the network card and then
> > configure your client machine again. Also make sure that you don't have
> > firewall software which blocking the traffic to HQ.
> >

> > "GregDxb" wrote:
> >
> > > Dear all,
> > >
> > > I have been experiencing this problem before but i can't find any permanent
> > > solution.
> > >
> > > I have tried searching for the solutions in the net but after reading all
> > > threads , restarting is the only solution provided.
> > >
> > > This problem occurs when my HQclient is attempting to connect. Thru VPN ,
> > > they're connecting.
> > >
> > > Is their any other solution ? would increasing my ram will be a solution ?

7/8/2007 11:10:02 AM
Hi try to check if you have more space on your hardrive or if you are using
msde try to see your database file and compare it to the 2GB capacity.  "No
buffer space or low virtual memory" means lacking of space specially when you
are running the synchronization.

Mon

"GregDxb" wrote:

> Dear all,
>
> I have been experiencing this problem before but i can't find any permanent
> solution.
>
> I have tried searching for the solutions in the net but after reading all
> threads , restarting is the only solution provided.
>
> This problem occurs when my HQclient is attempting to connect. Thru VPN ,
> they're connecting.
>
> Is their any other solution ? would increasing my ram will be a solution ?

0
Mon (24)

Spaces in y-axis title
I am having trouble getting some y-axis titles to display correctly. If I have either a Greek letter (symbol font) or a superscript number as part of the axis title, an unwanted space appears immediately before this character. This is not an actual space character like that created with the space bar, because when I click on the axis title to edit it (so that it temporarily appears horizontally), the space disappears so that I can't delete it. The unwanted space comes back as soon as the axis title goes back to its normal rotated position when I finish editing it. The axis title lo...

system restore out of space?
hi I'm using a compaq pressaro 5000 winxp. I'm recieving a notice of out of disk space on my recovery partion drive letter :\d which is currently showing a usage amount of 3.58 gb on a 4.gb ext partiton. I' looked in M.S./H.S. I' found no info about what program is making all these backups?system restore?ntbackup? I' checked the system-restore space-allocation for the drive d: it's too the max of 12% the disk cleanup wizard poped up & showed that the recylce bin & the catalog files were zero bytes,on the more options tab it gave me the opt...

GDI call crashing under Win2k but not XP
I posted a problem yesterday I was having but it never showed on my newsserver... if anyone did see it and replied thanks. The problem, when I finally got access to a Win2K development machine, it turned out that CBrush* pbOld= (CBrush*) SelectObject ( CBrush ) Compiles and works fine but under Win2K SelectObject ( pbOld ) then fails. Of course the first line _should_ have been CBrush* pbOld= (CBrush*) SelectObject ( &CBrush ) in which case one can remove the cast CBrush* pbOld=SelectObject ( &CBrush ) It strikes me that the first call to SelectObject, without a...

Microsoft Business Solutions Certified Professional
I have passed my first exam Microsoft CRM Installation & Configuration last week. I am also an MCAD.NET. When I look at my transcript on the MCP Member site. I dont find the passed exam on the list. Is there any other site for Business solution exams to see the transcript. Or I have to wait for the 2 weeks to check . Is there any body who know this. Thanks Nidhi MBS and MS certification systems are not integrated yet. MCP site does not display MBS certifiations You can only see MBS certifications online through PartnerSource, AFAIK "Nidhi Dham" <NidhiDham@discussions...

sentence spacing after parenthetical citations
I have gotten used to the two spaces after a period style, and like the look. Therefore, I have my grammar checker set to check for two spaces in between sentences. However, when I use in-text citation eg. (Author, Year) at the end of sentences, Word 2003 seems to think this is part of a longer sentence and flags it as 'two spaces between words in the same sentence'. I just started using Office 2010 beta and it is doing the same thing. Any suggestions? Live with it. There are many things in Word that just are not configurable, and this is one of them. -- Regards,...

CDC: buffering
Hello, I presently work on an application which visualises measured data (that are read from a file). This works fine, but when the window of my program has to be redrawn, the displayed data get lost (of course). Since the amount of these data is very high, I could not re-read all data after calling OnDraw, so I need some sort of buffering (of the displayed values). I guess this buffering can be realised by means of the method CreateCompatibleDC, but I don't know how??????? Maybe someone can give me a few advices.... Thanks, Eddi Joseph M. Newcomer wrote: > What I did in thi...

Insert spaces between pasted values #2
Hi! Is there a way to insert spaces between values that are pasted? For example, i have in rows 1,2,3 values a,b,c and i want to paste them into another list in rows 1,3,5 respectively (with a single-row space between pasted values). Thanx! M I presume you have more than just 3 rows. A general approach would be to use a helper column next to your data and to fill a simple sequence down that column for as much data as you have. Then copy all the numbers that make up that sequence and paste them immediately below the sequence in the same column, so that if you have 200 numbers for example the...

space restrictions...
Hi all, We are on a corporate network, and as a result have been limited in the size of our Exchange mailboxes (Exchange 5.5)... to 100mb per user. Obviously it is difficult to stay within these limits, but the restriction is there because we have hundreds of users, and the server would quickly run our of disk space otherwise. We have setup Personal folders for everyone, whereby the mail is delivered initally to the users Exchange mailbox, and then filters through to their Personal folder (pst). The problem: obviously by using a pst, users outlook data is not backed up; and it is a real ch...

An unofficial FAQ for this newsgroup is available at http://umpmfaq.info. The source FAQ was last updated Tuesday, April 20, 2004. You may save yourself and those willing to spend their time helping you both time and hassle by consulting this resource before posting what may already be a FAQ. The unofficial FAQ answers 131 of the most frequently asked questions in this newsgroup. Likewise, a comprehensive archive of this newsgroup is available at http://groups.google.com. Click on Advanced Groups Search; there you should specify newsgroup microsoft.public.money and some search terms you consi...

Output buffer in wdm driver
I have to port the code from WDM to wdf for dfu driver. Below is the code : wdm ======== DeviceControl(KIrp I) { switch (I.IoctlCode ()) { case GETSTATE: GetState(I); } GetState (KIrp I) { NTSTATUS status = STATUS_UNSUCCESSFUL; I.Information () = 0; if (I.IoctlBuffer () && I.IoctlInputBufferSize () == 0 && I.IoctlOutputBufferSize ()) { status = SendCommand ((UCHAR *) I.IoctlBuffer (), I.IoctlOutputBufferSize (),GETSTATE, 0, true, true, 0); I.Information () = sizeof UCHAR; } else { status = STATUS_INVALID_PARAMETER; } return status; } SendComm...

Space Toaster
Help! Does anyone have have the space toaster font? I created a doc at home on MS Pub this morning and my office PC doesn't have the font - Space Toaster. Must print this, in the office,using this font, today, any ideas how I can?? Thanks, Karen. Only in the UK!!! What is wrong with you Blitishers??? There is no hope for you <shaking head in disbelief> Have you heard of a web site called Google? You can find Google here: www.google.com -- http://www.geocities.com/ronman922/sysreq.html -- Mary Sauer MS MVP http://office.microsoft.com/clipart/ http://www.mvps.org/msaue...

Outlook removes a space from POP3 username
I am using Outlook to access a POP3 server to download email from a Lotus Domino Webmail server. Unfortunately, the username for server is set up as First_name [Space] Last_name Outlook keeps removing the space from the username and the server keeps rejecting the logon. Does anyone know of any way of forcing Outlook to accept the username with the space included (Outlook Express does it fine) >Unfortunately, the username for server is set up as >First_name [Space] Last_name >Outlook keeps removing the space from the username and the >server keeps rejecting the logon. Did y...

Exporting with spaces
I need to do something rather complex... I have a bunch of Multi-Row, 5-Column sheets that need to be formatted in the following format (as a text file) Text(Col1) Spaces Text(Col2) Spaces Text(Col3) Spaces Text(Col4) Spaces Text(Col5) The second set of text (col2) needs to start at 16 char then the field goes for the next 14 char... Col3 Starts at 30 char and goes for the next 14 chars... and etc... Ideally this leads to a text file that "resembles" the excel file given that all the columns could have up to 14 char. Is there a way to get excel to export my data in the above forma...

Tools Synchronize All Folders Not available
I am using WXP with Outlook 2000 and offline folders. Under the Tools Synchronize menue I have 3 options (fully expanded): 1.)Mail and Calendar 2.)This folder 3.)Offline Folder Settings I remember there being an "All Folders" Option and the HELP idicates that as well, but it does not appear on the list. Any ideas? Thanks, BD are you working online or offline? BD wrote: > I am using WXP with Outlook 2000 and offline folders. > Under the Tools Synchronize menue I have 3 options (fully > expanded): > 1.)Mail and Calendar > 2.)This folder > 3.)Offline Fol...

user buffer question
hi Can we use virtual memory or file mapping view buffer for device control and read / write ? How can we send large data more than gigabytes to USB device ? Thank for your teaching . Why would you want to have a gigabyte buffer? USB (even USB 3.0) is not fast enough to warrant this type of buffering. Your approach would consume significant system resources so slow down the whole computer. If this is a commercial product please let us know what company so we can boycott the firm offering it. Don Burn (MVP, Windows DKD) Windows Filesystem and Driver Consulting ...

Increase Font Size Permanently ! - Preview Pane
There does not seem to be any way to permanently alter the font size display in the preview pane of Outlook 2007. At best the scroll wheel resizes it temporarily. Is there any way to do this? ...

Sales Tax Not Calculated When Spaces in Address
We have occasionally had instances where sales tax was not included for taxable customers. We've realized that this occurs when there is a space in the ship to address at the end of the city or end of the state. For example, we have a sales tax code for FL and if there is a space in the customer's address after FL (FL_) there is no sales tax charged on the customer's sale. Has anyone ever experienced this? -- Doug Langley I have never experienced it, but it makes sense it would do that since a space is a character. When the program looks through the tax option'...

Exchange 2003 Replication/Failover/DFS Question/Solution
We have a 2003 sp1 rc2 domain and a exchange enterprise 2003 sp1 email system. We have 3 core sites in the UK with fairly large links between them (say 10mb or more). Each of these sites has there own exchange box. I started to look into the idea of combining the three sites exchange system into one then maybe replicating it around each of the core sites for failover and DR purposes. I have had a look around and finding quite hard to find something relevant. Found this solution http://www.xosoft.com/products/f_WANSyncHAExchange.shtml Which does look good but only has a failover option, which...

Pratical solution to quote update problem
I tried all the solutions mentioned in this newsgroups and others (ActiveX, manual .ocx registration, un-check and re-check "Don't download....." checkbox, etc.), but none of them worked. So, I uninstalled Money and all this additional stuff, I reboot the PC, I verified that everythin had been really removed and finally I installed Money again. At this point, after at least 30 unsuccesfull tries... Bingo! Quotes are updated. And this is obvious, because previously I had no problems in doing daily updates. So, my advice is: NO need to waste time in finding exotic useless solution...

Dynamic Database Has No Space Available
I have Great Plains 8.0 the last service pack with SQL 2000 with the last service pack. The problem I'm having is my space available on the Dynamic Database say 0.00mb when i look in Enterprise Manager. How can I increase the space available? The Hard Drive has 90gb of free space available. Thanks in advance, Hi Kevin, Go to the Database properties in SQL Server then change the file-growth details to automatic and do not set a maximum size. Cheers, Vincent vong@scituscorp.com "Kevin" wrote: > I have Great Plains 8.0 the last service pack with SQL 2000 with the last ...

CString and buffer
Could I get a suggestion on how to alter the following test code, which currently is giving me a messagebox with "06:03" followed by some forward accented uppercase "I"s and then "4YL" ? The data in the file is in fact "06:03". Should I not use BYTE? How do I convert from the buffer to the CString? Can the buffer be read directly into the messagebox? CFile file(_T("File.txt"), CFile::modeReadWrite | CFile::modeCreate | CFile::modeNoTruncate); CString str = _T("06:03"); file.Write(str,str.GetLength() ); file.SeekToBegin(...

Office and Spaces
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: Intel It is obvious Office does not work with Spaces. It is all over the internet. I called Microsoft and was told as long as Office opened and I could type there was no problem. Apple told me Spaces works with Apple programs so it is a Microsoft problem. I understand sometimes things have glitches and that they need to be fixed. I'm looking for somebody to take responsibility and at least acknowledge the problem. Does anybody know if there is a fix in the works, if anyone is at least ready to admit there is a problem, or ...

Function is not available error in secured database
In order to check out an issue with disappearing usernames, I moved a copy of a client's front end, back end, and mdw files to a virtual machine where I could reporduce their environment. After some adjustments, I was able to log in successfully, but the loading of the first form after login gives me the following error and then quits leaving me with File/Exit and Help as the only enabled menu items. "Function is not available in expressions in query expression '(((DateValue([DueDates] & "/" & [Years]))>=Date()))'. The other posts I have read indic...

font spacing erors
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: intel just bought the office 2008 home & Student Edition yesterday April 19, 2008. After I install it to my mac computer, The font spacing on everything, what i mean email, internet surfing like safari, internet explorer, the font spacing is wrong. I can't read some of my email. How do you fix this. Thanks On 4/20/08 11:47 PM, in article ee990ef.-1@webcrossing.caR9absDaxw, "willymi@officeformac.com" <willymi@officeformac.com> wrote: > Version: 2008 > Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) &g...

"Excel Data Problem
Hi ! EVERYBODY ! Im new guy in this forum ! I HAVE A BIG PROBLEM IN EXCEL ! IF ANY1 CAN HELP ? IM USING MS EXCEL 2000(9.0.3821 SR-1) MY PROBLEM IS SPACE BETWEEN WORD IN SINGLE CELL (1 COLUMN)! EXAMPLE : ABC 1234 , AB 1234 , PUTRA 1234 , KV 1234 T ... CAN I MAKE ALL THE SPACE GONE ? I WANT TO MAKE EXAMPLE : ABC 1234 > ABC1234 AB 1234 > AB12 PUTRA 1234 > PUTRA1234 KV 1234 T > KV1234T THANKS A LOT FOR ANYONE CAN GIVE HELP !!! VERY URGENT !!! I HAVE 60,000+ DATA , IT TAKE TIME TO CHANGE 1 BY 1 !! Attachment filename: sample.bmp Download attachme...