New User Question 1 of 2

We just installed RMS (Jan 31 2005), and had LOTS of problems with the
installation, due entirely to the general inept way our account was handled
by the MS partner who sold us the system and (attempt to) perform the data
conversion.

As a result, we are out a significant amount of money and have an untrained
staff.

I was wondering if anyone could recommend a different partner to work with,
other than the one in Portland.

Thanks in advance.

--
Bud Izen
0

Hi Bud :-)

Here are some ideas for you... and sorry to hear you are starting out a bit
bumpy... but you will be fine.

First you should check out this these tools...
http://directory.bcentral.com/ITConsultant/

Also
https://directory.microsoft.com/mprd/default.aspx
(Pick Solutions and Services and select RMS from the list)

And you can even consider using
http://www.microsoft.com/smallbusiness/partner/vendorsearch.mspx

Bud you don't have to worry... are you on the maintenance plan? because it's
well worth it... in case the your reseller didn't sell you on it. There are
training materials on customer source... plus you get MSFT help in this room
is you set up your email address up.

You can also purchase the following
http://www.microsoft.com/BusinessSolutions/rms_elearning.aspx
And there is also http://www.rmstraining.com/ which I believe offers task
specific training...

Bud... it's not always easy implementing this systems... some partners are
stronger in different areas... if anything consider that you made a good
choice by going with Microsoft.

Well... what kind of store do you have?

Marc Wagner
www.gmroii.net

"Bud Izen" <BudIzen@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> We just installed RMS (Jan 31 2005), and had LOTS of problems with the
> installation, due entirely to the general inept way our account was
> handled
> by the MS partner who sold us the system and (attempt to) perform the data
> conversion.
>
> As a result, we are out a significant amount of money and have an
> untrained
> staff.
>
> I was wondering if anyone could recommend a different partner to work
> with,
> other than the one in Portland.
>
> Thanks in advance.
>
> --
> Bud Izen

0
marcw1 (123)
2/2/2005 2:39:29 AM
Thanks, Marc. Very helpful suggestions, which I will pursue beginning
tomorrow. My wife and I own (and she runs) a Scrapbooking supplies store in
Salem Oregon. I keep the computers and other hardware going, and generally
try to stay out of the way as much as possible. She manages the store.

We did indeed sign up for the maintenance plan, although the vendor gave us
no information about it. How do I find out more about it, and start taking
advantage of it?

Again, thanks for the quick and very useful reply.

Bud

"Marc Wagner" wrote:

> Hi Bud :-)
>
> Here are some ideas for you... and sorry to hear you are starting out a bit
> bumpy... but you will be fine.
>
> First you should check out this these tools...
> http://directory.bcentral.com/ITConsultant/
>
> Also
> https://directory.microsoft.com/mprd/default.aspx
> (Pick Solutions and Services and select RMS from the list)
>
> And you can even consider using
> http://www.microsoft.com/smallbusiness/partner/vendorsearch.mspx
>
> Bud you don't have to worry... are you on the maintenance plan? because it's
> well worth it... in case the your reseller didn't sell you on it. There are
> training materials on customer source... plus you get MSFT help in this room
> is you set up your email address up.
>
> You can also purchase the following
> http://www.microsoft.com/BusinessSolutions/rms_elearning.aspx
> And there is also http://www.rmstraining.com/ which I believe offers task
> specific training...
>
> Bud... it's not always easy implementing this systems... some partners are
> stronger in different areas... if anything consider that you made a good
> choice by going with Microsoft.
>
> Well... what kind of store do you have?
>
> Marc Wagner
> www.gmroii.net
>

> "Bud Izen" <BudIzen@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > We just installed RMS (Jan 31 2005), and had LOTS of problems with the
> > installation, due entirely to the general inept way our account was
> > handled
> > by the MS partner who sold us the system and (attempt to) perform the data
> > conversion.
> >
> > As a result, we are out a significant amount of money and have an
> > untrained
> > staff.
> >
> > I was wondering if anyone could recommend a different partner to work
> > with,
> > other than the one in Portland.
> >
> > Thanks in advance.
> >
> > --
> > Bud Izen

0
BudIzen (43)
2/2/2005 5:05:03 AM
I might be able to help I just installed a scrapbook store in my area.
Running just fine. If I may ask who was the partner that put in your
system.?
> Thanks, Marc. Very helpful suggestions, which I will pursue beginning
> tomorrow. My wife and I own (and she runs) a Scrapbooking supplies store
> in
> Salem Oregon. I keep the computers and other hardware going, and generally
> try to stay out of the way as much as possible. She manages the store.
>
> We did indeed sign up for the maintenance plan, although the vendor gave
> us
> no information about it. How do I find out more about it, and start taking
> advantage of it?
>
> Again, thanks for the quick and very useful reply.
>

> Bud
>
> "Marc Wagner" wrote:
>
>> Hi Bud :-)
>>
>> Here are some ideas for you... and sorry to hear you are starting out a
>> bit
>> bumpy... but you will be fine.
>>
>> First you should check out this these tools...
>> http://directory.bcentral.com/ITConsultant/
>>
>> Also
>> https://directory.microsoft.com/mprd/default.aspx
>> (Pick Solutions and Services and select RMS from the list)
>>
>> And you can even consider using
>> http://www.microsoft.com/smallbusiness/partner/vendorsearch.mspx
>>
>> Bud you don't have to worry... are you on the maintenance plan? because
>> it's
>> well worth it... in case the your reseller didn't sell you on it. There
>> are
>> training materials on customer source... plus you get MSFT help in this
>> room
>> is you set up your email address up.
>>
>> You can also purchase the following
>> http://www.microsoft.com/BusinessSolutions/rms_elearning.aspx
>> And there is also http://www.rmstraining.com/ which I believe offers task
>> specific training...
>>
>> Bud... it's not always easy implementing this systems... some partners
>> are
>> stronger in different areas... if anything consider that you made a good
>> choice by going with Microsoft.
>>
>> Well... what kind of store do you have?
>>
>> Marc Wagner
>> www.gmroii.net
>>

>> "Bud Izen" <BudIzen@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> > We just installed RMS (Jan 31 2005), and had LOTS of problems with the
>> > installation, due entirely to the general inept way our account was
>> > handled
>> > by the MS partner who sold us the system and (attempt to) perform the
>> > data
>> > conversion.
>> >
>> > As a result, we are out a significant amount of money and have an
>> > untrained
>> > staff.
>> >
>> > I was wondering if anyone could recommend a different partner to work
>> > with,
>> > other than the one in Portland.
>> >
>> > Thanks in advance.
>> >
>> > --
>> > Bud Izen

0
Rick5747 (287)
2/2/2005 3:41:00 PM
Rick - my email is bizen@comcast.net. Please contact me directly. My personal
ethics will not allow me to say anything bad about anyone in a public forum,
and I certainly have no desire to give that company any free publicity.

Bud

"rick" wrote:

> I might be able to help I just installed a scrapbook store in my area.
> Running just fine. If I may ask who was the partner that put in your
> system.?
> "Bud Izen" <BudIzen@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Thanks, Marc. Very helpful suggestions, which I will pursue beginning
> > tomorrow. My wife and I own (and she runs) a Scrapbooking supplies store
> > in
> > Salem Oregon. I keep the computers and other hardware going, and generally
> > try to stay out of the way as much as possible. She manages the store.
> >
> > We did indeed sign up for the maintenance plan, although the vendor gave
> > us
> > no information about it. How do I find out more about it, and start taking
> > advantage of it?
> >
> > Again, thanks for the quick and very useful reply.
> >

> > Bud
> >
> > "Marc Wagner" wrote:
> >
> >> Hi Bud :-)
> >>
> >> Here are some ideas for you... and sorry to hear you are starting out a
> >> bit
> >> bumpy... but you will be fine.
> >>
> >> First you should check out this these tools...
> >> http://directory.bcentral.com/ITConsultant/
> >>
> >> Also
> >> https://directory.microsoft.com/mprd/default.aspx
> >> (Pick Solutions and Services and select RMS from the list)
> >>
> >> And you can even consider using
> >> http://www.microsoft.com/smallbusiness/partner/vendorsearch.mspx
> >>
> >> Bud you don't have to worry... are you on the maintenance plan? because
> >> it's
> >> well worth it... in case the your reseller didn't sell you on it. There
> >> are
> >> training materials on customer source... plus you get MSFT help in this
> >> room
> >> is you set up your email address up.
> >>
> >> You can also purchase the following
> >> http://www.microsoft.com/BusinessSolutions/rms_elearning.aspx
> >> And there is also http://www.rmstraining.com/ which I believe offers task
> >> specific training...
> >>
> >> Bud... it's not always easy implementing this systems... some partners
> >> are
> >> stronger in different areas... if anything consider that you made a good
> >> choice by going with Microsoft.
> >>
> >> Well... what kind of store do you have?
> >>
> >> Marc Wagner
> >> www.gmroii.net
> >>

> >> "Bud Izen" <BudIzen@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

0
BudIzen (43)

create folder to all users
i am searching for a way to create a folder called search and replay under the outbox folder. i do not wish to use a plublic folder. the search and replay folder will open up to a web page. i need to know if there is any way of creating this folder without going to each of the workstations. we are running exchange 2003 w/ mixed outlook versions (200,xp,2003). please offer me any ideas you might have. thank you for your help. You'll have to script a solution. Nothing native in Exchange will let you do this and deploy to existing users. Nue "murr" <martynaughton@gmail....

Must buy new computer...Ideas?

HQ users should be able to add ship-to records from the stores.
HQ users should be able to add ship-to records from the stores. As of RMS 1.3.???, HQ users can indeed create ship-to records at the stores. I'm told that RMS doesn't handle this properly. There are problems created when stores are messing around with global customers. I suspect that MS will 'fix' this by eliminating the ability of stores to add Ship-To records. I have a customer, ABC Fitness, who has one office, but several gyms. I repair the treadmills at their various gym locations. I have each service site set up as a Ship-To in RMS, within the ABC global customer ac...

Default properties for new folders

automatic selecting the highest cell #2
I'm sorry for being a bit confusing, I did even manage to confus myself, as I gave you wrong directions. Now I've uploaded a picture of my spreadsheet, so hopefully you'r fully able to understand what I want to do. First I would like to explain what this is this is at speardsheet fo value betting. Column B:D are my percentage evaluation for the outcome of an match. Column F:H are odds generated of my evaluation. Column J:L are the bookmakers odds for the same matches Column N:P are the given value (difference between my and th bookmakers odds) a value over 100% indicates that ...

User Calendar Vanished
Hello, Just a quick query regarding a user whos calendar contents seems to have vanished! for dates prior to June 05 This is not a big deal, but i thought a little odd.. any reason anyone might know of why this would happen? one thing i suggest was that some data archived off has been deleted.. do archives include calendar data ? thanks On Tue, 21 Feb 2006 01:44:28 -0800, "Chris" <Chris@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Hello, > >Just a quick query regarding a user whos calendar contents seems to have >vanished! for dates prior to June 05 > >This is...

New Email Messages

New Location/New setup

ChartLabeler Question??
I have been using the ChartLabeler from appspro.com that by the way it is fantastic!!!!!!. in all my charts to add difference kind of labels However, I have noticed that every time I have new data to load in my chart the chartlabeler does not update automatically the new points loaded in the graph. I have more than 30 graphs in this file and I have to add the label again to each graph to get the new point with the label. Do you know if there is any way to automate this chartlabeler? I will appreciate you helping with this matter. Maperalia ...

Database-design question
I'm designing a database which tracks people's experience and preference for working abroad. People apply at least for one or more categories of jobs and sometimes they also have preferences for certain countries for those categories. I'm thinking about the following many-table for preferences: ID_preference ID_person ID_category ID_country Btw: If they change their preferences I don't need to keep the former preferences. For experience and current or future workplace I'm thinking about a table like: ID_experience ID_person ID_category ID_country Da...

Not Enough System Resources to Display Completely #2
I have a spreadsheet with several drop down menus. Depending upon th screen resolution and/or Percent Zoom, I may get a "Not Enough Syste Resources to Display Completely" error when I try to access the dro down menu. At a screen resolution of 1280 by 1024 pixels and a Percent Zoom of 75 in Excel (or higher), I can access all the drop down menus without an problems. If I try decreasing the percent zoom or decreasing the scree resolution, I start getting the "Not Enough System Resources t Display Completely" error messages. I want to distribute this spreadsheet to ot...

How do I activate the new mail button

Style available all sheets new or old

Named Range Question
If naming a range, Excel 2003 and 2007, I usually clcik the Name box, type the name and press Enter. I then select the name from the Name box drop-down Someone just noticed that if you use GoTo to select the named range, after the first or second time in doing this, and absolute reference to a cell not within the named range is also present in the GoTo dialog box. I have never seen this before.Can some please explain why the reference to the unrelated cell. This is the "go back to cell" You are in B5 and use GoTo to move to cell named Total Now you move to H1 and call up Go...

Adding new pages

Setting up second virtual server/connector for smart host for only select users
I currently have one domain and SMTP virtual server defined to handle all mail including internet email. We have our own MX record. Occasionally I have one user who will need to send a mass mailing based on our customer database and this clogs the system. My thought was to define a second SMTP virtual server/connector that would route the email to a smart host (our service provider offers this service). If I could direct this specific user to use this service for the mass mailing, would it help the situation? If yes, how would I go about doing it - have the two SMTP server definitions coe...

Outlook Express 6 loosing e-mail after reading & 2 copies
I read my email and then I switch to another folder SENT/Trash etc... I go back to my INBOX and my email is gone. Does anyone know why? I also have another problem. When I check for new email I get 2 copies of every one. Any body know why? Thanks in advance, Bill This newsgroup is for support of Outlook 97, 98, 2000 & 2002 from the Office family for Windows PCs. For Outlook Express (OE) support try posting in one of these newsgroups: microsoft.public.inetexplorer.ie4.outlookexpress for OE 4.x microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie5.outlookexpress for OE 5....

Publisher Users, a program suggestion for you
Publisher Folks, For years now, when trying to find a Publisher file of which I forgot the file name, would attempt to find the file using a phrase with Windows XP Search. It would always fail. While over on the Windows XP news group one of the folks suggested using Agent Ransack, a file finding program. It does a great job finding Publisher files when providing a word or phrase contained within the file. If you have a need...... http://www.mythicsoft.com/default.aspx -- Don - Publisher 2000� Vancouver, USA ...

New User has admin rights

Front End Services Question
I was going through one of my books and came across advise that Exchange Management, MTA Stack, and Routing Engine should be set to disabled on then front end server. I had never heard of this. Has anyone else? Fred T2 http://www.microsoft.com/technet/prodtechnol/exchange/guides/E2k3SecHardGuide/e466094f-c287-4498-aa2b-8845d107f8f3.mspx -- Bharat Suneja MCSE, MCT www.zenprise.com blog: www.suneja.com/blog ----------------------------------- "FredT2" <Fredt2@mail.com> wrote in message news:%23OJ5hSZAGHA.3496@TK2MSFTNGP11.phx.gbl... >I was going through one of m...