New stores exported from HQ get original store's configuration....

In a headquarters / store operations environment, are configuration settings
"centrally maintained data" that get exported from HQ when a new store is
created from HQ?  In other words, do the new stores get the configuration
settings assigned to the first store in store ops manager - file -
configuration - accounts/ordering/inventory/options/etc tabs....?  Thanks for
any insights.
0
convoluted (621)
5/31/2007 12:32:00 AM
pos 14173 articles. 0 followers. Follow

the short answer is no. But it does get some (finding this out as we go).
Inventory yes, Ordering dependson what you mean, accounts yes you can send
that down, options no.

"convoluted" wrote:

> In a headquarters / store operations environment, are configuration settings
> "centrally maintained data" that get exported from HQ when a new store is
> created from HQ?  In other words, do the new stores get the configuration
> settings assigned to the first store in store ops manager - file -
> configuration - accounts/ordering/inventory/options/etc tabs....?  Thanks for
> any insights.
0
DougPicNPac (141)
5/31/2007 3:24:00 AM
That stuff all comes from the TEMPLATE database you use when you export
a new store.  If you use Store 1's database as the template, then yes
that's where the settings come from.  See the HQ Help file for a
description of what should be set up in the Template DB.  This is
basically how you create 'default' values for operating options and
security among other things.

Glenn Adams
Tiber Creek Consulting
http://www.tibercreek.com
glenn@tibercreek.com

convoluted wrote:
> In a headquarters / store operations environment, are configuration settings
> "centrally maintained data" that get exported from HQ when a new store is
> created from HQ?  In other words, do the new stores get the configuration
> settings assigned to the first store in store ops manager - file -
> configuration - accounts/ordering/inventory/options/etc tabs....?  Thanks for
> any insights.
0
glenn9672 (1267)

Must buy new computer...Ideas?

HQ users should be able to add ship-to records from the stores.
HQ users should be able to add ship-to records from the stores. As of RMS 1.3.???, HQ users can indeed create ship-to records at the stores. I'm told that RMS doesn't handle this properly. There are problems created when stores are messing around with global customers. I suspect that MS will 'fix' this by eliminating the ability of stores to add Ship-To records. I have a customer, ABC Fitness, who has one office, but several gyms. I repair the treadmills at their various gym locations. I have each service site set up as a Ship-To in RMS, within the ABC global customer ac...

store an std::string in combobox
Hi there, I am working on some legacy code which is being translated into Chinese. I have a combobox with a load of strings in. The strings are convertd to chinese. The problem is, the actual strings are used to determine what happens on the OK button. So I want to add the original, english, strings to the combo box item - SetItemDataPtr. These strings come in as const std::string. I'm having major woes trying to get them into the itemdata. I've tried doing .c_str() and casting them back to const char* but to no avail. What's a simple way of storing a const std::string in the com...

I used "save as" but now can't locate original file
I was using a file (November), changed the data, clicked "save as" (December. Now, November is the same as December. Any possibility there's a temp file of November anywhere? Book I believe you have not done as you describe. If you had a previously saved November workbook open and made some changes then File>Save As and named it December, November workbook will still be on your computer in its previous state. Unless you saved it as November with the changes. From where did you open November workbook? It will still be there. Gord Dibben Excel MVP On Thu, 1 Dec 2005 1...

Default properties for new folders

New Email Messages

Increasing size of store #2
Hey guys, Is there an downside to increasing the store size to 75 gb in standard? Also, is it okay to delete PreDefragLogFile's older then last year? The log files are taking up 40gb of space and i dont think they are necessary. Thanks in advance On 3 Apr 2007 09:24:10 -0700, draelive@gmail.com wrote: >Hey guys, > >Is there an downside to increasing the store size to 75 gb in >standard? Also, is it okay to delete PreDefragLogFile's older then >last year? The log files are taking up 40gb of space and i dont think >they are necessary. > >Thanks in advance You...

New Location/New setup

How do I activate the new mail button

Style available all sheets new or old

Getting rid of Alt + Enter
I inherited a workbook and the person used Alt Enter a lot. I want to get rid of it. Is there a way to do find/replace on the special character that causes the line to wrap? I tried reformatting and I got the info on one line but an additional character was added (looks like a small rectangle). I would try Ctrl+A, then Ctrl+H, and while holding the ALT key down, type 0012 with your numeric keypad inside the "Find What" box. Then press Replace All. HTH Jason Atlanta, GA >-----Original Message----- >I inherited a workbook and the person used Alt Enter a >lot. I ...

Adding new pages

How do I get keep the format (superscript) from a table?
I have a report that is using a vlookup to come up with a value. The vlookup table has cells with superscripts. How do I keep the superscript format when the lookup returns a value. Not all data in the table has a superscript. Formulas return values--not formats. Maybe a macro that would copy|paste would work??? P3SAB$ wrote: > > I have a report that is using a vlookup to come up with a value. The > vlookup table has cells with superscripts. How do I keep the superscript > format when the lookup returns a value. Not all data in the table has a > superscript. -- D...

How do I get random numbers from a certain range?
I have 468 unique numbers and need to select, at random, 64 numbers that do not repeat. How do I get Excel to do this? Assuming your numbers are in A2:A469... In B2:B469, enter =RAND() and then sort A and B based on B, and take the top 64 (A2:A65) OR: you can use formulas to pull a different set of 64 each time you re-calc, which may not be what you want. HTH, Bernie MS Excel MVP "Random numbers" <Random numbers@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:E6D42792-E837-49FF-8EC1-0E89C63F8979@microsoft.com... >I have 468 unique numbers and need...

New messages comes up in Deleted folder

Exporting Messages
When attempting to export WLM from my laptop to my new desktop, I get an error message saying "the export directory must be an empty directory" no matter what folder I try to place them. How do I export messages & contacts too? "jschramm" wrote in message news:96F49659-4317-4D88-847F-4420A2E795BB@microsoft.com... > When attempting to export WLM from my laptop to my new desktop, I get an error message saying "the export directory must be an empty directory" no matter what folder I try to place them. How do I export messages & contacts too?...

New User has admin rights

Creating new row in other table
Dear All, Please teach me, how to make a new row/list in other table by entering number in other table. Sample, In the table A and in the field "Details", I put the number 2 and it automatically creates two rows in table B. Can this be done in MS Access? Thank you for your help. Regards, Maulwy Why? What business need are you attempting to solve with this approach? It's generally considered not very good database design to be creating 'empty' rows in a second table. Why do you want empty rows? And if the number you enter in TableA is a 'limit&...

CODE: get current dir of MDB file
I will be posting a few short snippets of code. Many of you coders already know these, but they should benefit other people as well. Here is code to find the current directory of the MDB file you currently have open. This is useful for saving output files (like report PDFS, text files, etc) to the same dir as your MDB file. It returns the current directory with a trailing backslash. Function CurrentDBDir() As String Dim strDBPath As String Dim strDBFile As String strDBPath = CurrentDb.Name strDBFile = Dir(strDBPath) CurrentDBDir = Left(strDBPath, Len(strDBPath) - Len(strDBFile)) End...