New Store in other country

hi all,
we have opened a new store in other foreign country, the problem is this new
store will receive stock and sell with his local currancy ( currancy rate 1.2
).
How can we manage this store ( calculate the cost ,reports... etc) in HQ.
any help please
thanks
0
Sad1 (39)
7/12/2008 8:57:00 AM
pos 14173 articles. 0 followers. Follow

Get ready for a lot of manual work.

The way I handle it is each stoer is in local currency. When I transfer
something from location to location, I manually change the costs on the
transfer in at the receiving store.

"Sad" <Sad@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> hi all,
> we have opened a new store in other foreign country, the problem is this
> new
> store will receive stock and sell with his local currancy ( currancy rate
> 1.2
> ).
> How can we manage this store ( calculate the cost ,reports... etc) in HQ.
> any help please
> thanks

Thank you Hason,
i wonder how HQ will deal with this store ( we use average cost in HQ) .

"Jason" wrote:

> Get ready for a lot of manual work.
>
> The way I handle it is each stoer is in local currency. When I transfer
> something from location to location, I manually change the costs on the
> transfer in at the receiving store.
>

> "Sad" <Sad@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > hi all,
> > we have opened a new store in other foreign country, the problem is this
> > new
> > store will receive stock and sell with his local currancy ( currancy rate
> > 1.2
> > ).
> > How can we manage this store ( calculate the cost ,reports... etc) in HQ.
> > any help please
> > thanks

0
Sad1 (39)
7/13/2008 2:40:02 PM
Sorry, but the answer is forget HQ for prices and costs. The only thing you
will be able to do effectively is transfer goods (quantities) from store to
store and run sales reports in the store's local currency. The system is
just not built to handle a multi currency enterprise. You will have to work
around a lot of deficiencies, but I am getting along okay.

> Thank you Hason,
> i wonder how HQ will deal with this store ( we use average cost in HQ) .
>
> "Jason" wrote:
>
>> Get ready for a lot of manual work.
>>
>> The way I handle it is each stoer is in local currency. When I transfer
>> something from location to location, I manually change the costs on the
>> transfer in at the receiving store.
>>

>> "Sad" <Sad@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> > hi all,
>> > we have opened a new store in other foreign country, the problem is
>> > this
>> > new
>> > store will receive stock and sell with his local currancy ( currancy
>> > rate
>> > 1.2
>> > ).
>> > How can we manage this store ( calculate the cost ,reports... etc) in
>> > HQ.
>> > any help please
>> > thanks

Thank You Jason:
what about this ?( make the foeign store receive Items in original HQ
curruncy and sell by his local ,sure we have to recalculate the cost of stock
against currancy rate befor entring PO in RMS).
is this good ?
thanks

"Jason" wrote:

> Sorry, but the answer is forget HQ for prices and costs. The only thing you
> will be able to do effectively is transfer goods (quantities) from store to
> store and run sales reports in the store's local currency. The system is
> just not built to handle a multi currency enterprise. You will have to work
> around a lot of deficiencies, but I am getting along okay.
>

> "Sad" <Sad@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Thank you Hason,
> > i wonder how HQ will deal with this store ( we use average cost in HQ) .
> >
> > "Jason" wrote:
> >
> >> Get ready for a lot of manual work.
> >>
> >> The way I handle it is each stoer is in local currency. When I transfer
> >> something from location to location, I manually change the costs on the
> >> transfer in at the receiving store.
> >>

> >> "Sad" <Sad@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

0
Sad1 (39)
7/13/2008 5:22:05 PM
If you don't care about the item cost (and COGS) in the second store, that
will work fine. Just enter prices in the local currency and then calculate
COGS as an accounting function outside of RMS.

> Thank You Jason:
> what about this ?( make the foeign store receive Items in original HQ
> curruncy and sell by his local ,sure we have to recalculate the cost of
> stock
> against currancy rate befor entring PO in RMS).
> is this good ?
> thanks
>
> "Jason" wrote:
>
>> Sorry, but the answer is forget HQ for prices and costs. The only thing
>> you
>> will be able to do effectively is transfer goods (quantities) from store
>> store and run sales reports in the store's local currency. The system is
>> just not built to handle a multi currency enterprise. You will have to
>> work
>> around a lot of deficiencies, but I am getting along okay.
>>

>> "Sad" <Sad@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> > Thank you Hason,
>> > i wonder how HQ will deal with this store ( we use average cost in HQ)
>> > .

best way is to have at HQ two different databases - one for each country -
and then import the data into each HQ using different currency cost and
price value.   Do the actual financial reconillation in your Accounting/ERP
where you can have multi company and each company with different currency.
We have many such customers setup.  If you want to talk about this more
contact me.

Afshin Alikhani - afshin@retailrealm.co.uk
Retail Realm
= = = = = = = = =
"Sad" <Sad@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> hi all,
> we have opened a new store in other foreign country, the problem is this
> new
> store will receive stock and sell with his local currancy ( currancy rate
> 1.2
> ).
> How can we manage this store ( calculate the cost ,reports... etc) in HQ.
> any help please
> thanks

0
afshin (783)
8/5/2008 10:04:34 PM
I think that is a poor solution. What about inter-store transfers?

While RMS is not designed for multi-currency, you can make it work with some
workarounds. Since each store operations database maintains its own cost and
price figures, it is possible to do. The sales figures at HQ just need to be
adjusted in accounting to make everything work nicely.

"Afshin" <afshin@retailrealm.co.uk> wrote in message
> best way is to have at HQ two different databases - one for each country -
> and then import the data into each HQ using different currency cost and
> price value.   Do the actual financial reconillation in your
> Accounting/ERP where you can have multi company and each company with
> different currency. We have many such customers setup.  If you want to
> talk about this more contact me.
>

> Afshin Alikhani - afshin@retailrealm.co.uk
> Retail Realm
> = = = = = = = = =
> "Sad" <Sad@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> hi all,
>> we have opened a new store in other foreign country, the problem is this
>> new
>> store will receive stock and sell with his local currancy ( currancy rate
>> 1.2
>> ).
>> How can we manage this store ( calculate the cost ,reports... etc) in HQ.
>> any help please
>> thanks

I am sorry Jason butthag is the ONLY reliable solution at this stage.  Each
country in Europe has a diferent VAT (NOT Tax - so your price to end usr
must invclude the tax component - YOU Cannot do unless you use different HQ)
and your currency base, product description, category and deparment
description etc... all have to be in a different language (non of which can
be done with how you suggest).

Other option is to use RMS at Store - DO NOT USE HQ - Use Microsoft Ax (ERP)
with Retail Chain Manager (RVM) component and link the stores live to MS Ax.
this solution is real time, and Ax manages multi country, description etc...
within RCM.

Call me for more info

Afshin Alikhani - afshin@retailrealm.co.uk
Retail Realm
= = = = = = = =
"Sad" <Sad@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> hi all,
> we have opened a new store in other foreign country, the problem is this
> new
> store will receive stock and sell with his local currancy ( currancy rate
> 1.2
> ).
> How can we manage this store ( calculate the cost ,reports... etc) in HQ.
> any help please
> thanks

0
afshin (783)
8/7/2008 11:17:41 PM
That is simply not true. You just set up a second VAT tax type with the
different rate. I am doing it right now.

>I am sorry Jason butthag is the ONLY reliable solution at this stage.  Each
>country in Europe has a diferent VAT (NOT Tax - so your price to end usr
>must invclude the tax component - YOU Cannot do unless you use different
>HQ) and your currency base, product description, category and deparment
>description etc... all have to be in a different language (non of which can
>be done with how you suggest).
>
> Other option is to use RMS at Store - DO NOT USE HQ - Use Microsoft Ax
> (ERP) with Retail Chain Manager (RVM) component and link the stores live
> to MS Ax. this solution is real time, and Ax manages multi country,
> description etc... within RCM.
>
> Call me for more info
>
> Afshin Alikhani - afshin@retailrealm.co.uk
> Retail Realm
> = = = = = = = =
> "Sad" <Sad@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> hi all,
>> we have opened a new store in other foreign country, the problem is this
>> new
>> store will receive stock and sell with his local currancy ( currancy rate
>> 1.2
>> ).
>> How can we manage this store ( calculate the cost ,reports... etc) in HQ.
>> any help please
>> thanks

HQ users should be able to add ship-to records from the stores.
HQ users should be able to add ship-to records from the stores. As of RMS 1.3.???, HQ users can indeed create ship-to records at the stores. I'm told that RMS doesn't handle this properly. There are problems created when stores are messing around with global customers. I suspect that MS will 'fix' this by eliminating the ability of stores to add Ship-To records. I have a customer, ABC Fitness, who has one office, but several gyms. I repair the treadmills at their various gym locations. I have each service site set up as a Ship-To in RMS, within the ABC global customer ac...

Must buy new computer...Ideas?

store an std::string in combobox
Hi there, I am working on some legacy code which is being translated into Chinese. I have a combobox with a load of strings in. The strings are convertd to chinese. The problem is, the actual strings are used to determine what happens on the OK button. So I want to add the original, english, strings to the combo box item - SetItemDataPtr. These strings come in as const std::string. I'm having major woes trying to get them into the itemdata. I've tried doing .c_str() and casting them back to const char* but to no avail. What's a simple way of storing a const std::string in the com...

Default properties for new folders

New Email Messages

Increasing size of store #2
Hey guys, Is there an downside to increasing the store size to 75 gb in standard? Also, is it okay to delete PreDefragLogFile's older then last year? The log files are taking up 40gb of space and i dont think they are necessary. Thanks in advance On 3 Apr 2007 09:24:10 -0700, draelive@gmail.com wrote: >Hey guys, > >Is there an downside to increasing the store size to 75 gb in >standard? Also, is it okay to delete PreDefragLogFile's older then >last year? The log files are taking up 40gb of space and i dont think >they are necessary. > >Thanks in advance You...

New Location/New setup

How do I activate the new mail button

Style available all sheets new or old

Adding new pages

New messages comes up in Deleted folder

New User has admin rights

Creating new row in other table
Dear All, Please teach me, how to make a new row/list in other table by entering number in other table. Sample, In the table A and in the field "Details", I put the number 2 and it automatically creates two rows in table B. Can this be done in MS Access? Thank you for your help. Regards, Maulwy Why? What business need are you attempting to solve with this approach? It's generally considered not very good database design to be creating 'empty' rows in a second table. Why do you want empty rows? And if the number you enter in TableA is a 'limit&...

AP
What would be the best tool to add a new field in the AP invoice screen to deploy to a client? Extender? Modifier? the ideal would be to add a field for "Job No." that is text info so the user can get some info out on certain jobs that they are paying bills for. thanks -- Linda W. Linda, You can use any tool, really, to accomplish this: - Modifier with VBA. You can add the fields to the window with Modifier, then use VBA and ADO or DUOS to store and retrieve the data. - Modifier with Dexterity. You can add the fields with Modifier, then trigger off the form with Dex...

Button "New Account" in Sub-Accountsview opens Parent account
When I open an account, and then go to the subaccounts of that account, I click on the Button "New Account" to create a new subaccount for this account. Instead of opening a new account form, the application opens the original Account form. Anybody an idea how this is possible? Regards, Sanne groenhof -- MSCRM, hosted as ASP, and configured for your business. Sanne, Have you installed any specific toolbars in your Internet Explorer? Like google toolbar/msn toolbar? -- Rob Bakkers, Avanade Netherlands "Sanne" wrote: > When I open an account, and then go to...

new to old
hi, A web designing company has just done us a website, and part of it includes the database of our stock. They have written/created it on access xp, but we have only got and old version of access. Can we open/use/update files written in access xp on an older version of access? thanks very much jethro Hi Jethro, It depends. By default Access 2002 (XP) uses the Access 2000 file format, so if you have Access 2000 you may be able to use the database as is. However, if the database is in the form of an mde file created by Access 2002 it will be in Access 2002 format. Otherwise (i.e. if t...

New Accounts on Exchange 2003
This week I entered two new people and the reciepent policy is not providing the necessary email addresses. Of course without those, the GAL does not get updated and no one can email them. I have Exchange 2003 running on Server 2003 with a w2k AD. Any suggestions for jump starting the default reciepent policy? Omer, Thanks for the response. The Recipient Update Service was scheduled for once an hour. I changed it to every 15 minutes. I also tried the "Update Now" feature. For both of these, there were no events generated. I remember setting up trace logs earlier this y...

new columns created from "&nbsp;"
I have a bunch of data in a column and it is "separated" by "&nbsp;". The data was imported from an online database. Is there a way to create columns within the current workbook from where the &nbsp; appears? (much like importing a text file) TIA, Greg Greg Wilker wrote: > I have a bunch of data in a column and it is "separated" by "&nbsp;". > > The data was imported from an online database. > > Is there a way to create columns within the current workbook from where the > &nbsp; appears? (much like importing a te...

create new folder is always greyed out-why?
"Create new folder" is always greyed out-why? ...