New "Manufactured Item" Type

Hi All

I need an additional new item tyype that behaves like a mix between an
assembly and a kit.

My shop sells items that are produced when the client buys then, and certain
components can be substituted at time of sale and qty of others may have to
increase, so creating kits is not really an option. I also need my stock, for
each individual component to deplete when this item is sold. I would use
assemblies as this gives me this flexibility, but I do not want every single
component listed just the title of the component item and it's cost.

I figure I need a new Item type, something like "Manufactured item" and will
probabl6y need someone to create this as an add-on.

Also these items and their components cannot really be returned to stock if
a customer is not satisfied. We would simply issue a refund and write-off the
item.

Can anyone assist with this add-on or advise on how to approuch this
situation.

Many thanks
0
Ricardo1 (31)
8/13/2009 11:05:01 PM
pos 14173 articles. 0 followers. Follow

In effect you want to craete a kit/assembly on the fly.  Assign a price and
select the components. Or crete a kit/assembly with grouping of selections
ata fix price.  When sold you want the one kit sold and all components
deducted.  Contact me with more details and we can draw an exact spec and
cost to do this for you.

Afshin Alikhani - afshin@rrdisti.com
Retail Realm
= = = = = = = = = = =

"Ricardo" <Ricardo@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hi All
>
> I need an additional new item tyype that behaves like a mix between an
> assembly and a kit.
>
> My shop sells items that are produced when the client buys then, and
> certain
> components can be substituted at time of sale and qty of others may have
> increase, so creating kits is not really an option. I also need my stock,
> for
> each individual component to deplete when this item is sold. I would use
> assemblies as this gives me this flexibility, but I do not want every
> single
> component listed just the title of the component item and it's cost.
>
> I figure I need a new Item type, something like "Manufactured item" and
> will
> probabl6y need someone to create this as an add-on.
>
> Also these items and their components cannot really be returned to stock
> if
> a customer is not satisfied. We would simply issue a refund and write-off
> the
> item.
>
> Can anyone assist with this add-on or advise on how to approuch this
> situation.
>
> Many thanks

0
afshin (783)

manufactured Item Cost
We use manufacturing, V9. I am trying to see the Labor and Material content of a finished goods. Where can I look in Dynamics for a breakdown of the Item value, by labor and material after doing a MO receipt? The inventory has a cost (or value in Finished Goods inventory) but I would like to see the breakdown of material and labor... Thanks -- Doug Doug, Cards->Manufacturing->inventory->(third option, cant remember the exact title) -- Richard L. Whaley Author / Consultant / MVP Documentation for Software Users For help learning and better using Dynamics GP,... check out o...