net display or pole display

We are a small beverage/specialty retailer. We have a requirement to install
a customer viewable display.

We are using a Pioneer POS that has an available USB and video port.

1. We are thinking of using a small, 7-9" monitor connected to the video
port. Can we change the size of the fonts that are used to display pricing?
2. We tried hooking up a flat panel monitor to this port, but it didn't work
(even with the net display check boxes activated). I think it is because we
did not load drivers for the second monitor. We're a little apprehensive
about messing up the touch screen display settings.
3. Is setting up a USB pole display as easy as plugging it in and loading
any necessary OPOS drivers?
4. The price of a small monitor (even 15") and pole display are about the
same. Any difference in performance or longevity?

We may decide to have our reseller assist us with this, but I thought I'd
post to this bb first.

Thanks for any suggestions.
0
reng1 (20)
11/27/2006 6:55:02 PM
pos 14173 articles. 0 followers. Follow

The net display is worth it, if you can get someone to set up the on screen
reciept template and if you can manage the content screen. But a monitor
from Costco and if it EVER breaks or fail, they will take it back. I have
done this for printers, faxes, lcds, etc and there is no problem. They are
thinking about changing the LCD policy though, so you might want to act
fast.

I went with a 15" lcd and a new video card and it was still under $200. It's
hard to find 15" lcds now, so think about a 17" for $200. All the customers
are impressed with the net display and I haven't even really messed it much
since the install. Endless possiblities over a pole display, you just need
someone who knows HTML to really make it work.

"reng" <reng@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> We are a small beverage/specialty retailer. We have a requirement to
> install
> a customer viewable display.
>
> We are using a Pioneer POS that has an available USB and video port.
>
> 1. We are thinking of using a small, 7-9" monitor connected to the video
> port. Can we change the size of the fonts that are used to display
> pricing?
> 2. We tried hooking up a flat panel monitor to this port, but it didn't
> work
> (even with the net display check boxes activated). I think it is because
> we
> did not load drivers for the second monitor. We're a little apprehensive
> about messing up the touch screen display settings.
> 3. Is setting up a USB pole display as easy as plugging it in and loading
> any necessary OPOS drivers?
> 4. The price of a small monitor (even 15") and pole display are about the
> same. Any difference in performance or longevity?
>
> We may decide to have our reseller assist us with this, but I thought I'd
> post to this bb first.
>
> Thanks for any suggestions.

0
bonneaus (15)

C#.net click event associated with database error
I would like to know what to do to solve the problem listed below: When I am debugging a C#.Net 2008 windows application and click on the 'next' button, I am getting the following error: 'An unexpected error has occurred. The 'Microsoft.jet.oledb.4.0'provider is not registered on the local machine'. I think that I may need to change some setting I have in the visual studio.net 2008 professional edition to solve this problem prior to clicking on the 'next' button. I am working on an workstation that is 64 bits, XP operating syste...

net passport
I changd my net passport and now when I enter it in money it tells me it is incorrect. ...

Displaying reports with only certain records
I have a report that lists one customer per pg and then has a subreport that lists all the products they've ordered. I want to put a text box product description/statement in the main report only if the customer has purchased that type of product. For example, for the customer below, I want to display the text box for the products in the aa, bb, and re categories, but display a textbox for the nn and sd categories. Please help!!! Customer 1 Bought: name product number prdt 1 aa12 prdt 2 aa57 prdt 3 bb87 ...

net
Dear All , Can you please help in this i'm creating excel sheet for finance purpose and i need the number appear with color for example if the net = +ve (i need it to appear with green color ) and if it is = - neg (i need to appear with red color ) any one can help me with the color thansk for your cooperations -- bn_dubai ------------------------------------------------------------------------ bn_dubai's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=29568 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=492656 You can use Con...

How to make an Arabic display in my exe
A friend of mine is developing a program for golbalization, his boss asked him to make his software interface with Arabic language.But he can't shift his interface between English with Arabic,so he ask me. But I also can't it.Could you give me a hand? In article <Ohicqt6xDHA.2500@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl>, "question" <me@mycompany.com> wrote: > A friend of mine is developing a program for golbalization, his boss >asked him to make his software interface with Arabic language.But he can't >shift his interface between English with Arabic,so ...

MFC and .NET
We have a MFC application we are moving to VC 7.0 because we want to use the latest C++ compiler that comes with it. For moving to VC 7.0 we need to install the .NET framework though. My questions are, 1. Has anybody moved thier MFC application to .NET framework? Did you run into any issues? 2. What is the plan for MFC? Is there any end of life for this from Microsoft? Thanks, David I use all of my VC6 MFC apps and DLLs just fine with XP and VS.Net 2003. No need to port your code to .Net at all. WTH "David Mohandas" <david_mohandas@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:ac...

How do you display a formula in a cell
Can someone remind me please how to display a formula rather than a result in a specific cell, but not the whole worksheet please Thanks Dave Hi Dave, Use this UDF: ' ======================================= ' Niek Otten ' March 31, 2006 Function ShowFormula(a As Range) If Application.ReferenceStyle = xlR1C1 _ Then ShowFormula = a.FormulaR1C1 _ Else: ShowFormula = a.Formula End Function ' ======================================= If you're new to UDFs, follow these steps: ================================================ Pasting a User Defined Functi...

VB.net
Hi, I am trying to update a field in a record of a Access Database (whose structure I can not modify). I got this error (translated from italian): "Data types do not match in the expression" = "Tipi di dati non corrispondenti nell'espressione criterio." The code is the following: (myField is a binary field as on Access 2007) 'determine new value Dim newValue() As Byte = ... (valid data) 'write new attributes Dim conn As OleDbConnection = myObj.getConnection Dim cmd As OleDbComman...

Authentication between asp.net 2.0 and asp.net 1.1
I am running CRM 3.0 which is running in its own app pool for asp.net 1.1. I've added a virtual directory under the CRM website which runs under a different app pool for asp.net 2.0. This is where I put my custom web pages. Both app pools are running under the NETWORK SERVICE account. Both the CRM website and the virtual directory has windows authentication. My question is why I am prompted to enter my credential when I access the custom page through CRM the first time I access the page? Have I not already been authenticated? Hmm not sure whether this can help. Are you sure you put...

SQL connection management in ASP.Net
hi, I have to create a small website in ASP.Net 2.0. I have question about working with SQL connections. What are the best practises? How and where to create and store a connection? I see a few possibilities: - create, open/close a connection on each web page - create a connection on login page and store it on Session - how to create a connection? ie. SqlConnection = new SqlConnection or System.Data.Common.DbProviderFactory factory = System.Data.Common.DbProviderFactories.GetFactory("System.Data.SqlClient"); System.Data.Common.DbConnection conn = factory.Crea...

FREE .NET EBOOKS , DOTNET TUTORIALS, CODE SNIPPETS
Visit this site u will find good .Net ebooks, .Net source code, .net tutorials and lots more for vb.net, c#.net, asp.net and other dotnet stuff. URL: www.DotNetGuide.net I don't like the site because 1) There are 3 sets of adverts on each page 2) The page is fixed with, which is very annoying. I am reading on a wide-screen laptop but find I am limited to approximately 60 characters per line, I can't read articles like that! Pete ...

xml DTD visual stdio .net 2k3 autocomplete
Hello, I'm using visual studio .net 2k3 to work with Xml intensive integration App. When I using XML /XSD based documents I get autocomplete feature but not when I use Xml /Dtd based. Somebody know How work around Thansk Alejandro P. ? <alejandropacheco@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:esj0OEWYEHA.2972@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl... > Hello, > > I'm using visual studio .net 2k3 to work with Xml intensive integration > App. When I using XML /XSD based documents I get autocomplete feature but > not when I use Xml /Dtd based. Somebody know How work around > >...

ASP.Net
Hi, I have a few questions about ASP.Net, as I've been using it for a while but my knowledge of the "big picture" is patchy in some areas. Any help would be appreciated... - Where is the line between "native" language features (e.g. in JScript), and those features which are part of .Net (or whatever), common to all .Net languages? Or put another way, how are the .Net facilities "mapped" onto a particular language? (I'm sorry of this question is somewhat vague...) - In a closely-related matter, do any languages have issues accessing the full A...

Imported Mail to Outlook 2003: HTML formatting does not display
I have just importe messages from outlook express which were imported from eudora 6.0. The messages that were i nthe euors "out" folder which is roughtly equal to the "Sent items" folder in outlook. Do not display correctly. Rather than seeing the formated text displayed, you see a plain text message with the html code... How I correct? ...

Showing raw xml from memory in an asp.net page
Hi. I'd like to create an xml document on the fly and then display it in an asp.net page. I can use an iframe and point to a URL (which displays perfectly), but I'd not like to save the xml to a file (it will be built as I go along). I can use the <asp:xml> control, but I don't want to have to write the XSLT, I love the one I get for free within IFrame. Any suggestions? Thanks. Figured out the answer to my own question. I thought I'd post it in case anyone is interested... 1) Create a page with an IFrame on it. Set the src to a second page 2) On the second aspx pa...

Microsoft .Net Framework error message?
When system is booted I get a error box that pops up on the desktop screen which says. REQUIRED SYSTEM SOFTWARE NOT INSTALLED. Microsoft .NET Framework Version 2.0 is required to continue. This software is available for free download at http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/ I have all updates installed. Windows directory includes the following. C:\Windows\Microsoft.Net\Framework64\V2.0.50727\V3.0\V3.5 C:\Windows\Microsoft.Net\Framework\V2.0.50727\V3.0\V3.5 I have no clue what is going on with the error message and am very computer Literate having a Computer repair servic...

The form required to view this message cannot be displayed. Contact your help ad
I'm trying to open email that contains forwarded email's. I'm using Outlook 2002 w/SP-2 and XP Pro on clean installs. I can save the attachments but would like to just display them if possible. ...

SBS 2003 SP1, CRM 3.0 and .Net updates
I updated the SBS server to .net 2.0, applied the security patches to .Net 2.0, updated to .Net 3.0. Now the Outlook 2003 cannot connect to CRM. Any ideas? ...

Display Resolution
Can I change the display resolution, no just for the app, I really need to change the resolution of the PC, Imagine for example that I want to make a program for change my Display Unit resolution. > Can I change the display resolution, no just for the app, I really need to change the resolution of the PC, Imagine for example that I want to make a program for change my Display Unit resolution. Use the ChangeDisplaySettings API - or an application that can do it for you (such as VidRes - www.jddesign.co.uk) Dave -- MVP VC++ FAQ: http://www.mvps.org/vcfaq ...

Net Folders #14
Does anyone have any experience with Net Folders & utilizing them to share folders where we only have internet mail accounts (i.e. we do not have an internal mail server such as MS Exchange)? I've been having problems with entries in Outlook's Calendar being multiplied--that's to say it shows up several times as if the program is replicating the entry. Microsoft has very little on troubleshooting web folders & I was wondering if anyone has experience with these. ...

IMAP folders don't display
I'm using Entourage 12.2.3 on a MacBook Pro (OS X 10.6.2). I've configured Entourage to access my Gmail account using IMAP protocol. Some of my Gmail folders (labels) do not show up in Entourage. When I attempt to create the folder manually, I get an error message indicating that a folder with that name already exists. Any ideas about (a) why the folder doesn't show up in Entourage? and (b) what should I do to fix the problem? Thanks. Jerry On 2/11/10 3:04 PM, in article C799E902.1EA92%jerry.mccoy@gmail.com, "Jerry McCoy" <jerry.mccoy@gmail.com&g...

Problems with WMP ActiveX Control in VS.Net
Hello I am trying to embed the Windows Media Player ActiveX control in a dialog using VS.Net. When trying at associate a variable with the control, VS.Net does not give the same options as VS6, and generates a wrapper class that doesn't have any operations(making it useless). I have tried using the wrapper classes that VS6 generates but this doesn't seem to work. after DDX_Control(pDX, IDC_PLAYER, m_wndPlayer) gets executed, m_wndPlayer's hWnd is still set to null. There are no problems when using this code with VS6. Anyone with a similar problem, or know how to fix it? Thank...

Page titles displayed on google??
Hi all, When I search for my website on google, the pages that display in the natural listings are appearing with the titles 'How to find us' and 'Contact us.' I want the pages that are listed to say something like 'Welcome to One2one' etc but no matter what I try, I can't seem to get this to work??? I have changed the title in 'Webpage options' but the natural listings are still displaying 'Contact us'. No one is going to click on that as there is no reference to the who the hell we are?!? The text in the blue bar at the top of a navigation...

How to build WinCE.net application with vs.net 2005
Hi, VS.net 2005 can be used to create SmartPhone and PocketPC 2003 applications by using C++(MFC), but there is no an option to create the WinCE.net application that can be created by EVC4 before, is it possible to create WinCE.net application by using VS.net 2005? Thanks. Regards, ZhangZQ What do you mean? You can create apps in C#, VB or native (C/C++). What "other" type are you after? -Chris "ZhangZQ" <zhangzq71@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:esuZfFKNGHA.3728@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl... > Hi, > > VS.net 2005 can be used to create SmartPhon...

Fonts not displaying correctly
I have just reinstalled my Office 2003 and now most fonts (all except the standard Arial, Times New Roman, etc) are not displaying correctly. They look like they are really low resolution, the edges are jagged instead of smooth and the text is illegible if the size goes below 10 points. These same fonts are displaying as they should in other software applications that do not belong to the Office suite, so it has nothing to do with screen resolution. This problem only started after I reinstalled Office last week. Can anybody help me please? ...