Need MS POS Export help

-------------------------------------

I have inherited an MS POS system installed in 2005.  This is not Dynamics
but its predecessor.  I want to move onto another POS system, but I need
to export all the items, customers and vendors from the current system.

This is my first POS system experience and I do not see an EXPORT in the
file menu so that I could simply dump the files to flat files.  I do see
an export function on reports, but I don't see a report that gives the
complete information about the files I need.

I see that reports are built from XML but I don't see an easy way to
customize a report with the fields I need.  I appreciate any help and
pointers to something that I missed.

Thanks,

Bob

Newsgroup Access Courtesy http://www.rockryno.com/
Tax and Accounting Software Forums
microsoft.public.pos - 36142 messages and counting!
pos 14173 articles. 0 followers. Follow

If you are moving to Microsoft RMS from MS-PoS I can help you with a
utility.  If not you will have ot send me a copy of yor database and I could
try to help you.  What system do you want to move to?

Afshin Alikhani - afshin@retailrealm.co.uk
Retail Realm
= = = = = = = =
"daSpud" <spudman_at_wybatap_dot_com@foo.com> wrote in message

> -------------------------------------
>
> I have inherited an MS POS system installed in 2005.  This is not Dynamics
> but its predecessor.  I want to move onto another POS system, but I need
> to export all the items, customers and vendors from the current system.
>
> This is my first POS system experience and I do not see an EXPORT in the
> file menu so that I could simply dump the files to flat files.  I do see
> an export function on reports, but I don't see a report that gives the
> complete information about the files I need.
>
> I see that reports are built from XML but I don't see an easy way to
> customize a report with the fields I need.  I appreciate any help and
> pointers to something that I missed.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Bob
>

> ##-----------------------------------------------##
> Newsgroup Access Courtesy http://www.rockryno.com/
> Tax and Accounting Software Forums
> Web and RSS access to your favorite newsgroup -
> microsoft.public.pos - 36142 messages and counting!
> ##-----------------------------------------------##

0
afshin (783)
1/17/2009 3:17:04 PM
On Jan 17, 8:02=A0am, spudman_at_wybatap_dot_...@foo.com (daSpud) wrote:
> -------------------------------------
>
> I have inherited an MS POS system installed in 2005. =A0This is not Dynam=
ics
> but its predecessor. =A0I want to move onto another POS system, but I nee=
> to export all the items, customers and vendors from the current system.
>
> This is my first POS system experience and I do not see an EXPORT in the
> file menu so that I could simply dump the files to flat files. =A0I do se=
> an export function on reports, but I don't see a report that gives the
> complete information about the files I need.
>
> I see that reports are built from XML but I don't see an easy way to
> customize a report with the fields I need. =A0I appreciate any help and
> pointers to something that I missed.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Bob
>
> ##-----------------------------------------------##
> Newsgroup Access Courtesyhttp://www.rockryno.com/
> Tax and Accounting Software Forums
> Web and RSS access to your favorite newsgroup -
> microsoft.public.pos - 36142 messages and counting!
> ##-----------------------------------------------##

Have you tried to contact the customer support team?
I have used them many times and they are very helpful.
They have different levels of support members to help even the most
complicated questions and problems regarding their POS Software.

U.S./Canada
Toll-free (1) (888) 477-7989

Worldwide
(1) (701) 281-6500

Availability and hours of operation:
Monday=96Friday, 8:00 A.M.=966:00 P.M. Central Time (UTC-6) in the U.S.
and Canada.

Support,
www.AlexandriaComputers.com

Not sure if Excel can do what i need

Excel need help

Need Help Linking Sheets

Macro help needed........

Need to test a mobo

Help needed

Export .zip files from emails
Does anyone know of a way to have an email with say a .zip attachment within it have the attachment automatically saved out of the email and to a folder on the server? A user could really do with this sort of functionality as they get around 100 emails from a specific source with these type of attachments a day. Thanks in advance. Mike ...

Help with formula 12-17-09

Need help on this....thanks

Importing a specific Visio tab into MS Word
I have a Visio 2007 document with about 12 diagrams, one on each of 12 tabs. I would like to import a several of the tabs into a Word 2007 document and link them so when I change the Visio document the Word doc is automatically updated. Unfortunately, Word links to the tab that was selected the last time the Visio document was saved, so all diagrams are the same if I update the Word doc. I would like to keep all the diagrams in one Visio doc for simplicity instead of having to have 12 diagrams in 12 separate files. is there a way to link to a specific tab? Thansk in advance, Marco U...

need help badly

I need Help

help with a table
now that I set up a table through importing the data. I realized that I had some other data being emailed to me. how do i import it in that same table? On Fri, 29 Jun 2007 11:39:05 -0700, Maggie <schmidt.margaret@gmail.com> wrote: >now that I set up a table through importing the data. I realized that >I had some other data being emailed to me. how do i import it in that >same table? Use File... Get External Data... Link to link to a textfile containing the information from the EMail, and run an Append query to append it into your stored table. John W. Vinso...

Help, MVP!
Milly, Sue, Vince.. Can you help 'fix' this- I have still not found the cure, thank you! Outlook 2000 (Internet Only) is set to check for mail ever five minutes. However, when it does so, Outlook now insists on displaying the dialog box stating that the "Requested tasks were completed successfully." The dialog box has a "Hide this message" box which is checked, and the push pin is not 'set'. I must have messed up a setting when I reset my toolbars... (issue resolved - I accidentally pinned the toolbar to the desktop, went nuts till I figure out a doub...

Database backup whilst the POS is in use
I currently do my daily database backup during the night using a scheduled Windows task. The backup is copied to multiple hard disks on different PCs. I would like to do additional backups during the day whilst the POS is being used. Does RMS SO actually allow this or would I have to briefly shutdown the POS for the backup? I am on V2, SP2. Thanks for your reply. Yes, you can run backups while POS is running. You can even run backups when multiple manager programs are running. SQL server is built to handle many different concurrent connections. As another option, you can also use the c...

Need Help Despertly!

Plug in needed

Need to Hire Outlook 2003 Help

Help! Event 7034 has me concerned.
Every day or so the exchange 2003 server is logging the following messages in the system event log. The services appear to be terminating, and then restarting themselves automatically. Any help would be appreciated. It has me a bit concerned. Thanks. The Simple Mail Transfer Protocol (SMTP) service terminated unexpectedly. It has done this 19 time(s). The Microsoft Exchange Routing Engine service terminated unexpectedly. It has done this 19 time(s). The Microsoft Exchange POP3 service terminated unexpectedly. It has done this 19 time(s). The Microsoft Exchange IMAP4 service term...