Multi Store Workflow Question

We have one store and a warehouse.  We need to order and receive items at the
warehouse and transfer them to the store.  We need the store to be able to
see what is on order and all inventory at the warehouse.  Is anyone doing
something like this, and how easy it it?  At a recent demo, this required
many steps,  logging into 3 different databases, doing updates, etc.  Very
confusing for simple tasks we need to do every day.
pos 14173 articles. 0 followers. Follow

Marvin:

Microsoft RMS HeadQuarters would be the solution for you.
You can view the inventory in Warehouse and items on order from the Store

Mihir Shah
Diviasoft, Inc
www.diviasoft.com

"Marvin P. Winterbottom" <MarvinPWinterbottom@discussions.microsoft.com>
wrote in message news:FD470FDF-2B07-4D42-95F2-0F2F54DAEB38@microsoft.com...
> We have one store and a warehouse.  We need to order and receive items at
the
> warehouse and transfer them to the store.  We need the store to be able to
> see what is on order and all inventory at the warehouse.  Is anyone doing
> something like this, and how easy it it?  At a recent demo, this required
> many steps,  logging into 3 different databases, doing updates, etc.  Very
> confusing for simple tasks we need to do every day.

0
info9303 (28)
3/23/2005 2:46:27 AM
We were looking at the HQ program, that was the complicated part, log into
store1, log into store2, log into HQ, create, schedule, and approve updates
at every step of the way...  We have 3 people who manage purchasing,
inventory, and store ops, and they multi-task, they purchase, receive, sell,
and analyze from the same computer, this system breaks down in that kind of
environment.
We have the same situation and I am working full-time to manage HQ and the
operations, this program takes some time to learn and be fast at it, so you
either give it some time and learn it the right way from manuals or training,
or you switch to another program, smaller programs exist in the market and
they work with some limitations.

MS RMS is the best I've seen so far but it's not for all companies, depends
on your company size and staff.

Thanks
Jamil Rumaileh
MiCom Systems, Inc.

"Marvin P. Winterbottom" wrote:

> We were looking at the HQ program, that was the complicated part, log into
> store1, log into store2, log into HQ, create, schedule, and approve updates
> at every step of the way...  We have 3 people who manage purchasing,
> inventory, and store ops, and they multi-task, they purchase, receive, sell,
> and analyze from the same computer, this system breaks down in that kind of
> environment.
0
Jamil (14)

multi-column data consolidation
Hi guys, here is my problem.... Scenario: - Column A to F are months (Jan to June) - Beneath each month (starting row 2 downwards), text data will b entered. Question: How can I have the six months add up or compiled as a single colum database in another sheet or a separate column in that same sheet? will be adding data every so often under these months and it shoul update the database. Thank you for any assistance/help -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Question is not clear to me. Not sure what 'add up or compile' means with text entries Perhaps, in G2 enter =...

Multi profile
I have configured outlook 2007 to use multi profiles. When I close the outloop and re-open to select other profile the profiles select list is not prompted. I have set for prompt for profile. But I observed this, after closing outlook still the task manager shows Outlook.exe is runing..when I kill that and re-open I can see the profiles and select particular. Now my question, why Outlook is runnning though its closed. My setting "Hide when minimized" is already OFF. thanks Hi abcd, have a look in the "Task Manager" under "Process" if Outlook.exe is stil...

General Question
What a Microsoft CRM can do? Any documentation regarding that? -- TS start here for information http://www.microsoft.com/businesssolutions/crm/default.mspx "TS" <TS@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:D1843B96-B665-4703-8D89-A7057E7E67D4@microsoft.com... > What a Microsoft CRM can do? Any documentation regarding that? > -- > TS See documentation and demos on http://www.microsoft.com/BusinessSolutions/crm/product/microsoft_crm_product_information.mspx or read the http://microsoftcrm3.blogspot.com -- Microsoft CRM Expert - CRM & .Net Al...

Mac Stuff CDs, A to Z, updated 15/Jan/2006, and Win & Mac programs, 'WinMac', 'PC/MaC', 'Win-Mac', 'Multi', 'Multi-Platform', 'MultiFormat', 'MULTIOS', 'HYBRID'
Mac Stuff CDs, A to Z, updated 15/Jan/2006, and Win & Mac programs, 'WinMac', 'PC/MaC', 'Win-Mac', 'Multi', 'Multi-Platform', 'MultiFormat', 'MULTIOS', 'HYBRID' GARAGE SALES, buy, risk-free purchase, working, tested, fully functional, very cheap discounted price, low cost, quality OEM software, -------------------------------------------------------- Abvent Artlantis v4.5 Mac 1CD Abvent.PhotoCAD.v1.0.MacOSX ACD.Systems.Canvas.X.0.2.925.MacOSX Adobe.Acrobat.7.0.Pro.for.Mac.OS 1CD Adobe Acrobat 6.0.0 Professional Mac OSX 1CD ...

Storing Credit Card Information
I was wondering if there is any possible way to store Customers Credit Card information in the Account information. I have a lot of returning customers who get deliveries and do not always want to give me their credit card information. (They would rather i keep it on "file" and i could just punch it in). I have another location that is running off of quicksell 2000 and im storing the info in the "Company Name" section of the customers information. I would much rather have a space Just for the credit card info. If someone could please help it would be greatly app...

Beginner XML question
Hello, I have a simple XML file which I want to parse through in .NET using C#. Do I have to parse line by line , or is there a way to marshall the tree into an object type? Can someone refer me to an online document describing how I would do either? Thanks D When you said "tree" I assume that this is the Document Object Model (DOM) yes? Then the equivalent will be the XmlDocument class on System.Xml namespace. You can use the XmlDocument.Load (http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/cpref/html/frlrfsystemxmlxmldocumentclassloadtopic.asp) or XmlDo...

Storing an Id in multiple tables
I have a database that has two tables, Leases and Payment History. I need the Autonumber "Lease Id" to store as a new record under a field "Lease Id" in the Payment History table(thereby creating a new payment Id). That's not a recommended approach. There's no point saving a dummy record in the Payment History table. Don't create the new record until you have something to store in it. -- Doug Steele, Microsoft Access MVP http://I.Am/DougSteele (no e-mails, please!) "Joshua Beel" <JoshuaBeel@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in messag...

Move objects from deleted Mailbox Store
Previous: http://www.microsoft.com/technet/community/newsgroups/dgbrowser/en-us/default.mspx?query=can't+delete&lang=en&cr=US&guid=&sloc=en-us&dg=microsoft.public.exchange.admin&p=1&mid=d9cbfbfa-69cf-436c-9011-e599df54ec6e&tid=a053a10f-6bc6-4bbf-a486-3aa729208f4d "Windows2003 with Exchange2003(sp1), AD I need delete MailboxStore: i removed all users mailboxes, dismount store (and delete it file *.stm *.edb) -> after i tryed to delete mailboxStore in Exchange manager and receive: "One or more users currently use this mailbox store. These us...

Multi-threading with multi-port server
Hi guys, Can I ask your guidance on how to imeplement server with multi- threading and multi-port? meaning, I would like my server to receive audio and video in different ports, and they run concurrently and send the data to clients. I am so lost, because I would mess up my .accept and .listen and setparent if i have videosocket and audiosocket object. I tried and it just froze. "Rehmet" <rgnurrahmat@gmail.com> wrote in message news:8f9b7615-8252-4661-9949-8812b735aa00@l32g2000hse.googlegroups.com... > Hi guys, > > Can I ask your guidance on how to imeplement serve...

Group Schedule Question for OL2K2
Using the built-in Schedules feature (Actions - View Group Schedules) in Outlook 2002 (on Exchange 2000), it is wonderful how it displays everyone's free or busy time and the length of appointments. However, is there a way to view the details of these meetings (e.g. location or notes)? If not, can anyone recommend a good third party product? I've tried virtually every one listed at slipstick.com, and had no luck. Thanks a million in advance. K Permissions, permissions, permissions. Sorry for the silly question. K On Thu, 21 Aug 2003 16:42:22 GMT, No Spam <nospam@earthlin...

Create a Phone Call Manual Workflow
Hi, I am having problems creating a manual workflow for phone calls. I wrote the .NET assembly and created and activated the workflow logic using the Workflow Manager. There isn't much logic anyway. No if statements. Just a call to the assembly. So after activating it I went to CRM and Clicked Activities. Then from the Type drop down list I selected Phone Call expecting to get a "More Actions" button next to the delete one but nothing happened. I am guessing it is some kind of setting that I would need to turn on, but which one is it? Any suggestions will be appreciated. T...

Multi Store Workflow Question
We have one store and a warehouse. We need to order and receive items at the warehouse and transfer them to the store. We need the store to be able to see what is on order and all inventory at the warehouse. Is anyone doing something like this, and how easy it it? At a recent demo, this required many steps, logging into 3 different databases, doing updates, etc. Very confusing for simple tasks we need to do every day. Marvin: Microsoft RMS HeadQuarters would be the solution for you. You can view the inventory in Warehouse and items on order from the Store Mihir Shah Diviasoft, In...

Custom workflow activity question
Hi all, It seems to be impossible to use any custom entities / attributes in the custom workflow activities. Any suggestion how to accomplish this a simple way? Thanks in advance, Robert I have seen post somewhere about accessing custom entities , you need to google it. As well as custom attributes are concerned , you need to use dynamic entity for example accessing "new_link" which is custom attribute : DynamicEntity regardingAccount = (DynamicEntity)retrieved.BusinessEntity; if (regardingAccount.Properties.Contains("new_link")) { // do somethi...

Stored Procedure Error
I tried to search CustomerSource for this error message, but I found out my maintenance agreement has expired. I am working on fixing that problem, but I hope somebody here can help me out. I am running Great Plains 8.0g34. I have one user who gets the following error when she posts a Payables Batch Entry. The stored procedure glpPostBatch returned the following results: DBMS: 0, Great Plains: 20286 Thanks for any help you can offer me. Jeff Jeff, Since it appears to be workstation specific - I assume that others can post Payables Batches without problem. You need to try to determine i...

PP 2007 notes view question
What is the difference in PP 2007 between the notes view that you see when you go to View> Notes Page and View> Normal with the "Click to add notes" showing underneath the slide? I ask because I have a slideshow that shows 3 blank pages in a portrait orientation within View> Notes Page. When I look at other slides in View> Notes Page, I can see the slide itself with a default wording under it of "Click to add text". I tried to select any possible filled shapes that might be concealing the slide and the "Click to add text," but I found n...

Picklist value doesn't change when changed in a workflow
Hi There I have a custom picklist attribute which is on a custom entity, the picklist has been created to replace the standard status and status reason values. When I try to change the value in a workflow the workflow step succeeds but the value doesn't change. Any help would be greatly appreciated. On Aug 21, 3:27=A0pm, MayBoy <andy...@paradise.net.nz> wrote: > Hi There > > I have a custom picklist attribute which is on a custom entity, the > picklist has been created to replace the standard status and status > reason values. When I try to change the value in a wo...

HQ <> Store discrepancy
Could anyone tell me what is the reason of showing discrepancy between RMS HQ quantities and Store quantities. What makes that difference? and how to avoid it? There could be many reasons and the most common ones being - items were created at store and not at HQ, the quantities at store were manually changed and not updated to HQ by WS-501 etc. The solution is to update HQ using worksheet 501 and than doing Task 190. (for reconciling item qty with store counts.) Best regards, Mihir Shah Diviasoft, Inc www.diviasoft.com "Hubert Mikolajczyk" <Hubert Mikolajczyk@discussi...

QTY of each store at HQ
Hi Can you tell me if a report exists (or how to generate one) at HQ that can show the stock levels of each item in a praticular department and category (all items have been assigned a department and a category) for each of my 10 stores? It would be really helpfull if such a thing exists. Regards Dan Levin HI Dan, I think there's no report for this (off-the-shelf)...but you can modify the Item Snapshot Quantity List to include Departments/Category. You can also check the Reports Library for reports similar to what u need. Tnx \Franco fmanuel@gisimplement.com "dan" ...

Multi axis chart
Hi, I want to show a stacked chart, ie 4 products sales value in a given month. But then compare it to the prvious years results. I know you could use a 3D chart to show 3 axis, however I can't find how to have the 2 axis (last year and this year) stacked. Hope you understand what I'm asking A 3D chart is more likely to obscure than show anything. I'm not sure what you're looking for. Perhaps a stacked-clustered column chart, where each column in the cluster has the four stacked values for each year. http://peltiertech.com/WordPress/2008/05/19/clustered-stacked-co...

Password question
I recently installed Money 2003 (it was only $4 at Staples). When I clicked on the program, I was asked for a password to access my money file. Since I haven't established a password, what do I enter? I tried the password I use with my passport.com domain, but it didn't work. Thank you. Lou In microsoft.public.money, DartmouthMan wrote: >I recently installed Money 2003 (it was only $4 at Staples). When I clicked >on the program, I was asked for a password to access my money file. Since I >haven't established a password, what do I enter? I tried the password I use ...

Multi language
Does anyone know whether Office 2004 has built in additional languages? Say if I buy the Japanese or Spanish version and install on English OS = X, do I=20 have everything in English (GUI)? In Office v.X this did not work. Does = it now? joe <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > Does anyone know whether Office 2004 has built in additional languages? > Say if I buy the Japanese or Spanish version and install on English OS X, > do I have everything in English (GUI)? In Office v.X this did not work. > Does it now? Considering that the application would need a fairly...

OpenThemeData question
Hi, I am trying to give my application an XP look, and using UxTheme for rendering controls which are owner-drawn. In order to do it I need to use OpenThemeData, but I get a compile error: 'OpenThemeData' : undeclared identifier Although I add the line: #include "Uxtheme" where the method is declared. can someone help ? Yoav. Add: #pragma comment(lib, "Uxtheme.lib") to your stdafx.h file Rail -- Recording Engineer/Software Developer Rail Jon Rogut Software http://www.railjonrogut.com mailto:rail@railjonrogut.com "yoavo&qu...

Invoice database / report question.
Hi, I’m having problems conceptualizing the correct structure for my database and/or invoice form. I think the solution lies in both the database structure and the approach to the invoice form. So I’m going to post in both forums. I’m not quite sure how to describe my issue because it is still a bit cloudy on my part. So if I leave something out, it is because I have not connected all of the dots yet. My goal is to create an invoice in Access XP. The invoice will include one or more line items for labor, parts, and expenses (mainly mileage, tolls, etc.) We do not ma...

Multi-select list box for multi-column query
Hi, I have a list box lstBudVols from which I want users to select 4 items. Once these are selected, I want to use the selection for each as criteria for a different column in a query eg select 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013 in the list box, the output columns would be: TSL 2010 2011 2012 2013 xx xxx xxx xxx xxx I've done this earlier already using 2 different list boxes, but it would not be a smooth, well built database if the user had to select from 4 different lists. Is there a way of modifying: For Each vItm In Me.lstBudVols.ItemsSelected strWhat=etc I need...

Restoring Public Folders in multi-site environments
Hello, we have 1 exchange organization, 4 exchange servers in 4 locations and have public folders replicated to all 4 servers. Some days ago, one of admins accidentally delete one folder with subfolders using System Manager:-( We are going with restoring public store on one of servers. All goes fine, until replication was done. Folder became deleted once more, due to replication from other 3 servers. I search MS site regarding this fact.., but nothing found. As I understand, there should be some mechanism like authoritative restore for AD, but I've only found utility authrest.exe,...