MSR Credit Card Reader adds all the information on one line

Is there a way to get the CC reader to properly seperate the the acct # from
the expiration date? When I swipe I currently get everything on the acct #
line.

Thanks in advance!
0
Steakum (8)
12/8/2005 3:46:02 AM
pos 14173 articles. 0 followers. Follow

What type of CC reader(MSR) to you have?
Typically this is an issue with simply configuring the MSR.

Rob

"Steakum" wrote:

> Is there a way to get the CC reader to properly seperate the the acct # from
> the expiration date? When I swipe I currently get everything on the acct #
> line.
>
> Thanks in advance!
0
rob242 (534)
12/8/2005 5:32:01 AM
Its a IDTECH Minimag USB/Keyboard Interface

Do I need to select the Wedge Keyboard/MSR in the settings?

Thanks!

"Rob" wrote:

> What type of CC reader(MSR) to you have?
> Typically this is an issue with simply configuring the MSR.
>
> Rob
>
> "Steakum" wrote:
>
> > Is there a way to get the CC reader to properly seperate the the acct # from
> > the expiration date? When I swipe I currently get everything on the acct #
> > line.
> >
> > Thanks in advance!
0
Steakum (8)
12/8/2005 5:51:03 AM
Yup, that was it - Wedge keyboard :)

"Steakum" wrote:

> Its a IDTECH Minimag USB/Keyboard Interface
>
> Do I need to select the Wedge Keyboard/MSR in the settings?
>
> Thanks!
>
> "Rob" wrote:
>
> > What type of CC reader(MSR) to you have?
> > Typically this is an issue with simply configuring the MSR.
> >
> > Rob
> >
> > "Steakum" wrote:
> >
> > > Is there a way to get the CC reader to properly seperate the the acct # from
> > > the expiration date? When I swipe I currently get everything on the acct #
> > > line.
> > >
> > > Thanks in advance!
0
Steakum (8)
12/8/2005 5:59:02 AM
i am having the same problem can you explain how you fixed it a little better.

what settings area did you select that in??

"Steakum" wrote:

> Its a IDTECH Minimag USB/Keyboard Interface
>
> Do I need to select the Wedge Keyboard/MSR in the settings?
>
> Thanks!
>
> "Rob" wrote:
>
> > What type of CC reader(MSR) to you have?
> > Typically this is an issue with simply configuring the MSR.
> >
> > Rob
> >
> > "Steakum" wrote:
> >
> > > Is there a way to get the CC reader to properly seperate the the acct # from
> > > the expiration date? When I swipe I currently get everything on the acct #
> > > line.
> > >
> > > Thanks in advance!
0
solor (14)
1/23/2006 5:50:02 AM
Where is the "wedge keyboard" setting?  Thanks

"Steakum" wrote:

> Yup, that was it - Wedge keyboard :)
>

> "Steakum" wrote:
>
> > Its a IDTECH Minimag USB/Keyboard Interface
> >
> > Do I need to select the Wedge Keyboard/MSR in the settings?
> >
> > Thanks!
> >
> > "Rob" wrote:
> >
> > > What type of CC reader(MSR) to you have?
> > > Typically this is an issue with simply configuring the MSR.
> > >
> > > Rob

0
zoostation (66)

Credit Card Returns
If a customer buys something with a Credit Card and returns it, does RMS process the refund back to the clients credit card? Yes. Rob "SteveY" wrote: > If a customer buys something with a Credit Card and returns it, does RMS > process the refund back to the clients credit card? Even though the new 1.3 "deletes" credit card info after batch settlement? If a customer purchases an item today, and return the item tomorrow there would no longer be a card number in the database. For that scenario you would have to have the card present, even if it is a 'recal...

MSN Stock Quote Add-In (msnsq.exe) doesn't install
Running Win2000SP4, & Excel 2002SP2 on a Dell Prec. Workstation. I have tried installing this add-in from the web and also from a folder, always with the same result. It appears to be installing until I get a dialogue box stating "Failed to download settings from the internet." After thias attempt to install, the add-in shows as available from within Excel but is non-functional, and has an abreviated tool-bar associated with it. Help? Thanks, Richard ...

Money Credit card charges should be debits and not credits
When ever I make a charge on my american express card I get an entry placed into the charge column. This is fine except is seems to credit my running total so after a while the sum I owe the credit card turns into a positive number instead of getting into a bigger negative number. When Money consolidates the debt from the credit card with my bank account it seems that i have a positive cash flow when in essence I have a smaller cash flow. Is there a setting to allow charges to debit the charge number from the balance instead of adding to it? E.g 07/10/04 Joe's Pizza Charge:...

How can I add 2 cells and have a total of at least 50 in excel?
I am trying to add 2 cells but I need the total to be at least 50. Hi, =if(A1+B1<50,50,A1+B1) "jstaublein" wrote: > I am trying to add 2 cells but I need the total to be at least 50. One way... =MAX(50,A1+B1) -- Biff Microsoft Excel MVP "jstaublein" <jstaublein@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:AE9088FE-3226-4583-A54A-765EAE01983A@microsoft.com... >I am trying to add 2 cells but I need the total to be at least 50. =MAX(A1+A2,50) -- David Biddulph "jstaublein" <jstaublein@discussions.microso...

One column with different widths
I want to make Column A with rows 1-29 one width rows 30 and above a norrower width. Is this possible with Excel XP? -- Calpitor ------------------------------------------------------------------------ Calpitor's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=28104 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=476080 Merge the cells of two columns for the section you wish to be wider -- henry ------------------------------------------------------------------------ henry's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getin...

cards
can publisher make center opening cards? msullyone wrote: > can publisher make center opening cards? ================================= I guess you mean a half fold greeting card? Yes, Publisher can make them. -- John Inzer return e-mail disabled ...

Purchase Order eturn with credit
Dear all i am facing a problem when i enter the return transaction entry and save it to a batch.when we select batch ,the batch shows no transaction and transaction disappear .and when i run the checklink the transaction reappear.But it unable to post. the batch not saving the posting date when i create new one . thanks in advance ...

Add remark to listed values of fields on report 05-23-07
I made a report with 6 subreports on it to show the total count of the variable values of 6 fields in a table. It's briefly illustrated as follows: Total No. of participant: 50 (Records in the table) Occupation Category: ( a Field in the table) Education 15 Medical 23 Business 12 Registration: ( a Field in the table) Email 18 Phone 12 Other 20 My boss wanted me to include a remark next to the count for the listed value of ea...

MSR #2
Hi. I have en encoder, I want to encode onto it a user id, eg 1. When I encode, the encoder puts a sentinel character atthe start and end of the code I am encoding, e.g. %1?, the % and ? are the sentinel(start and end) characters. When I swipe this it appears as %1?, obviously I need it to swipe as 1. There is somewhere, and I cannot find it again, where we can tell the system to not recognise the start and end character as part of the code when swiping. I cannot locate this in Administrator, Store Ops or OPOS. I did it about a year ago and cannot remember where. Any ideas? Any help g...

One exchange one IMAP
Hello, I have two accounts in my Outlook 2003. The situation is that my exchange evironment has two email addresses. user@test.org and user@live.org however the AD domain is test.org and has no knowlegde of live.org. The IMAP account is user@live.org. What I would like is to have the reply to always use the IMAP account. I have tried leaving the reply address blank on the IMAP and filling it out on the exchange. This did not work. Anyone have an idea? ...

How do I read values from a line chart?
I want to draw lines from the y axis over to the data line and down to the x axis. I also need to show the value on the x axis. Please can someone help? Hi, Create an XY-Scatter Plot, rather than a line plot. Right click on any data point ---> "Format Data Series" ---> "X-Error Bars" tab ---> select the "Minus" box, check "Percentage" radio button and enter 100 for % ---> repeat this in the "Y-Error Bars" tab ---> then go to "Data Labels" tab and check "X Value" With a Line Plot, you can get the Data...

need a template to make notegreetings cards. 51/2 x 8"
trying to make greetings cards useing 5 1/2 x 8" greeting card stock "big bill" <big bill@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote > trying to make greetings cards useing 5 1/2 x 8" greeting card stock You are using Microsoft Access to make greeting cards? Unusual. If you are using a word processing or publishing software package, you should ask in a newsgroup devoted to that software; this newsgroup is for discussion, questions, and answers about Microsoft Access database software. Larry Linson Microsoft Access MVP ...

how make outlook 2003 default and keep NG reader?
Hi, I have a perplexing problem concerning outlook express 6.0 and outlook 2003, both of which I have installed on a new laptop running xp home. I set up express first, and so it was the default email and newsgroup client. Subsequently Outlook 2003 was similarly configured. Here's the interesting part: If I set outlook 2003 as the default, the ability to go to the news reader goes away. If I set Express as the default, it comes back and I can get to the newsreader from either one. Any idea on how this can be resolved so the option to use outlook 2003 as the default newsgroup r...

Autoreconcile reports that it can't balance one of my accounts, but the numbers match my bank website exactly...
I've only been using the Money 2k6 trial version for a few weeks now. Subject says most of it... recently every time I use online update, one of my accounts reports that it couldn't reconcile the account with my bank data. The account previously balanced fine. I do have some transactions that are automatically entered (a paycheck, etc) as well as some manually entered transactions that haven't cleared yet... does Money not ignore those transactions? The weirdness is that if I compare my RECONCILED Money data (that is, add/subtract the unreconciled amounts from the local b...

Credit Card Approval Code
I am using IcVerify 3.1.6 to process credit card transactions and it is working fine. But, the approval code printed on the receipt shows bunch of numbers and letters (usually two lines long), instead of 6 digit approval code. When I test the transaction using IcVerify program (not RMS software with multi-user enviorment), the approval code shows only 6 digits. Is there any way to correct this problem? Please advise. Thank you. Eric, Turn on the short answer file. In your ICV multi-user screen, type in a /O (that's an O not a zero) on the initialization string line. -- * &quo...

Values in multiple columns into one column
Hi everyone, I have a spreadsheet with values in multiple columns where for instance col A is blank colb or c or d won't be...there will be something in one where the others are empty. I need to create a column with all the values together. Tried using the following formula but it doesn't seem to work... the values are all dates.. =IF(O2=" ",N2,IF(N2=" ",K2,IF(K2=" ",J2,O2))) Can anybody help!! Cheers Dan Hi try =IF(O2="",N2,IF(N2="",K2,IF(K2="",J2,O2))) >-----Original Message----- >Hi everyone, > >I hav...

No warning that AP not distributed when credit card used
When entering an invoice in AP and selecting a credit card as the method of payment, there is no warning given when saving the batch even though the distribution is out of balance. When Cash or Check is selected, a warning is given to alert the out of balance situation before saving and attempting to post the batch. Credit card as a method of payment should respond in the same fashion. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message...

How to show web sit address in the business card of the e-mail
I use the business card when e-mailing. My web site address is showing part of my business card. It is in the contact list, but will not show up on the attachment when sent as e-mail. ...

Do you need to add MX for your e-mail domain on your internal DNS server???
Hi, In the exchange 2003 transport and routing guide I have read that your MX should not point to the FQDN of an Exchange server. I am a bit confused by what this actually means. I would assume there should be an MX configured on the internal DNS server so that when an internal user sends e-mail to another internal user the e-mail flow would be much faster since the e-mail wouldn't need to be routed outside and back in again.. ?? or perhaps I am missing the reasoning for this ?? If NOT needed can some give me an example when I would add an MX on my internal DNS server ? Any fe...

The item number is missing in line '1'
Hi, Upon using Integration manager 9.0 using the Inventory transaction (adjustment), we are encountering the error "The item number is missing in line '1' ". When I run the integration in my computer there is no error, but upon running it using other computers, this error appears. I'm using the same text files and the same mapping of fields. We are using GP 9.0. Thanks, Mel ...

Exchange fowarding from multiple accounts to one inbox
We have exchange and Win2K server, sending email to client PCs with Outlook. We set up email fowarding in active directory, to let a specific user (call him UserX) check a number of email addresses (eg. user1@company.com, user2@company.com and user3@company.com). These other email addresses are for users who do not have outlook. This works OK. When a message is sent to multiple users at once (eg user1 and user2 in the to: field)) only one email arrives in UserX's Outlook. This one email contains both email addresses in the to: address. Is it possible to receive one message in the inb...

List Control
I want to add list control header like "First Column", "Second Column", I would like it is showed as 2 lines header by "First \nColumn", "Second \nColumn", But it does not work. How to do that? ...

Off line sync via VPN
Hi, We are using CRM 3.0 with the roll ups installed on Small Business Server 2003. We have a number of remote users who spend all their time out of the office off-line and dial in periodically over a VPN to sync the data. Each client machine syncs about 8000 contacts an maybe 2000 company records. My question is: Are we being reasonable in expecting the system to handle this kind of operation? Has anyone found this kind of arrangement stable? Is it likely to cause headaches? are there any tweaks to make it run well? I think that how well this will work will depend on a number of f...

reader or viewer?
Is there a 'reader or viewer' available to download so that a publisher file may be viewed by someone who does not have Publisher? Thx No "ginny" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:664501c3e5f4$56c8d890$a601280a@phx.gbl... > Is there a 'reader or viewer' available to download so > that a publisher file may be viewed by someone who does > not have Publisher? > Thx There is no such item, sorry. Visit the sharing section of my site at http://www.mvps.org/publisher for more details on sharing Publisher files. -- Brian Kv...

How to stop flicker when add and remove items from a CListControl frequently
As the title, I need to add or remove items from a CListControl frequently. But the CListControl flickers severely, I want to make the flicker to a endurable state, How can I achieve it? "Leon" <leon@dl.cn> wrote in message news:uK7mj7PNGHA.536@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl... > As the title, I need to add or remove items from a CListControl > frequently. > But the CListControl flickers severely, I want to make the flicker to a > endurable > state, How can I achieve it? SetRedraw(hWnd, FALSE); //..remove items SetRedraw(hWnd, TRUE); InvalidateRect(hWnd, NULL, FAL...