MSPOS: Number of printers available

Refresh my memory please, why are we allowed only 2 printers for each
register?

I have access to 7 printers on my network, why can't I print to most of
them.

----------------
click "I Agree" in the message pane.

http://www.microsoft.com/Businesssolutions/Community/NewsGroups/dgbrowser/en-us/default.mspx?mid=8c5288ff-6e69-4ac1-a2c4-c55ee48b9f83&dg=microsoft.public.pos
0
spam3944 (2163)
7/13/2006 5:23:02 PM
pos 14173 articles. 0 followers. Follow

number of characters in POP
Hello: This client wants to be able to expand the number of characters for the item description in PO Entry so that more characters will print on the purchase order. But, when I go into Modify Current Window, I cannot find the field for the item's description nor am I able to tell if it is possible to increase the number of characters for this field. Does anyone have any ideas on this? Perhaps, it's not possible to simply do this with Modifier. Thanks! John John, It is not possible to modify the length of the description field. However this is what I suggest. a. You could...

Outline Numbering
I'm trying to outline number a report and have followed the guidance on Shauna Kelly's page. However, my numbering is back to front - so it goes: 1 1.1 1.1.1 1.2 2.1.1 Instead of 1.2 and 1.2.1. When I go into 'level 2' numbering, I can't link this to the previous level - it selects it, then unselects it by itself. If I clear level 2 and start again by selecting 'number style 1,2,3' then choose 'previous level number - 1' it puts the numbers together (11) and unselects the link to the previous level. And when I put a 'period' in it...

Number of Columns
Dear all, We are using Excel 97, and we need to know if there is possible add more columns than the 256 that already are available from A - IV. We need that because we are exporting data from one aplication to Excel. Thanks a lot. Regards, Pedro Mestre no, 256 is the limit. you may be able to use ms query to 'query' the data source and select only the colums you need, or to build separate queries that return the data over multiple sheets No, 256 is all there are, Regards, Alan. "Pedro Mestre" <PedroMestre@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:0FBBBE2...

Attendee availability
Dear all A customer is complaining about the following: when a secretary schedules a meeting for her boss (he becomes unavailable for other meetings), it takes up to 15 minutes before the modification become visible for another recipient, who checks the availability of his boss. In the 15 minutes before that, to the recipient, the boss is still available. This leaves a margin of error of 15 minutes that people think someone is available while in fact they are not The are all on the same Exchange server (5.5 SP4 on Win2K) Any help is highly appreciated Thanks in advance Olivier See: http:/...

number format
hello my numbers are formatted using question marks, so i can center them and still justify them by the decimal point. for ex. a column of numbers with 2345678 being the largest of them, will be formatted with the string: ?,???,??0;-?,???,??0;- this way i can center the column, and all numbers will straighten to the right, by the decimal point. zeros appear as hyphens. the problem is with the minus signs. if on the previous example i will have -2345, it will look like this: - 2,345 (the minus sign away from the digits). any suggestions? i still wish to center the column. if i give this ...

Determine the number of bits in a negative number
I'd like to determine the number of bits (the position of the highest on bit) in a negative number (say -1) without using knowledge of its type. Valid operations would be AND, OR, XOR, negation, and one's compliment can be done as: 'Get a -1 of the same type as myvar Dim minus1: minus1 = myvar - (myvar + 1) Dim onesComp: onesComp = myvar XOR minus1 You could also use multiplication or division by 2 or other mathematical operators/functions, but then sign extension comes into play. The standard solution is to presume the answer given the type of the variable, but...

Pivot Table
Hi, I have a Pivot table with some numbers in it. Is there a way to replace the numbers with a text? For example: replace all numbers >1 with "yes" . Is this possible? If not whats the best way to achieve this? Regards, Vinstream Only by changing your data source. Eg. Sub Test() Dim rCell As Range For Each rCell In Range("DataSource").Columns _ (2).SpecialCells(xlCellTypeConstants, xlNumbers).Cells If rCell > 1 Then rCell = "yes" Next rCell End Sub "vinstream" <vinstream@gmail.com> wrote in mes...

Availability recurring meetings
I have 2 users who are unable to more than two months in advance when trying to set up meetings or appointments. All they see are \\\\\\\\\\\\\\ lines. Please advise!!!! -- Needin'''' some help! "Matto" <Matto@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:8A16FFF4-959E-46B8-81D1-2207E288BE67@microsoft.com... >I have 2 users who are unable to more than two months in advance when trying > to set up meetings or appointments. > > All they see are \\\\\\\\\\\\\\ lines. Please advise!!!! The default free/busy publishing length is ...

Page Numbers #2
I have a 20 page booklet and am trying to get the page number to not show on the last page which also is the back cover of the booklet. Can anyone help? >-----Original Message----- >I have a 20 page booklet and am trying to get the page >number to not show on the last page which also is the back >cover of the booklet. Can anyone help? >. > Go to last page, then under view on the tool bar click on ignore master page. ...

Building to a target number
Hello, First time poster here. Here is the situation. I am working on the finishing touches of m companies' financial model which projects future revenue, income, etc. Anyways, one of the inputs for the model is a collections rate. W foresee ourselves increasing our outstanding collectibles over time. I'd like to be able to have an input of a collections rate, i.e., 90 and an input of a date (a month and year) where we'd actually hit tha rate. I'd like the model to increase our average monthly collections rat evenly from the past actual month to the date inputted where we...

Conditional max. number
i've got a excel table like this: partcode value 201 0100 302 0019 147 0001 201 0098 201 0102 147 0002 i would like a cell that returns the max. no. in the "value" column for a particular partcode. Say, if i want to know the max. value for partcode "201", it will return "0102". How to do it if the table will get longer and longer (ie. more partcode to enter) day after day ? jack Hi Dennis! If the "values" are in fact numeric numbers formatted to include the leading zeros: =MAX(IF(A1:A6=201,B1:B6)) If...

MSPOS
This software is VERY dissappointing. I originally chose to install MSPOS for my clientele, however, after the support I have received, it looks like I need to switch to a software provider that understands RETAIL and CUSTOMER SERVICE. BTW ~ If anyone is considering a Zebra Printer, you HAVE to use 1"x2" labels. And if you want signature capture, forget it. Only products that have been outdated for years are supported. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click ...

upgrade from MSPOS to RMS
I an going to install RMS at a client who is using MSPOS. Is there a wizard or standard procedure to transfer the items, etc.? Maybe a simple export and import? There is probably something simple that I am missing. Hi Bill - I don't believe there's a direct upgrade from MSPOS to MSRMS; you'll need to two-step it - first export your data form MSPOS to excel (items, customers, suppliers); then use a tool like QSCimp or another third party tool to import into RMS. "Bill Cunningham" wrote: > I an going to install RMS at a client who is using MSPOS. Is there a wiza...

Convert Number to Word
Is there any Simple method to convert Number into Word (for instance like 1400 to One thousand four hunderd) -- Rup ------------------------------------------------------------------------ Rup's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=37638 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=572539 See http://www.xldynamic.com/source/xld.xlFAQ0004.html -- HTH Bob Phillips (replace somewhere in email address with gmail if mailing direct) "Rup" <Rup.2coc5d_1155801003.7583@excelforum-nospam.com> wrote in message news:...

How to print receipt to a network printer?
Hi, I'm a newbie in POS for .Net environment. I have downloaded POS for ..NET SDK Version 1.0 from Microsoft's download and browsed through the sample application/code. Here the PosPrinter application, instead of printing to a printer, displays the input text to a PosPrinter simulator window. My requirement is that I need to print the text to a network printer. can anybody help me out how it can be accomplished? I'd appreciate any help. Thanks, Nil Nil, This is a different program and I doubt anyone here would have a clue about POS for .Net. This newsgroup is for 2 packaged p...

find largest number
hi, i have a spreadsheet containing 2 grids of data relating to an op the grid range for grid1 is B6:bb56 grid 2 is B64:BB113 in a third grid i have this formula (MAX(VLOOKUP($B$6,R6:R56,2,FALSE),VLOOKUP($B$64,R64:R113,2,FALSE))),0) i am trying to search a column for a fault ie op 10 which is in colulm B in both grids, when i find the match in both grids i want to look at a range of cells and compare the values in the cells and return the largest any ideas thanks kevin Isn't it just =MAX(VLOOKUP($10,B6:C56,2,FALSE),VLOOKUP(10,B64:C113,2,FALSE),0) -- ________________________...

Incrementing Mixed text & numbers
Folks I'm designing a spreadsheet to hold log-on numbers for temporary workers. The format of the numbers is MWI***Z, where *** is a 3-digit number. Is there any way I can use an increment function to automatically complete a long list of numbers eg MWI001Z, MWI002Z, without having to type them all in. I've tried using the fill handle, but it doesn't work on this - presumably because its a mix of letters and numbers. Thanks for any help. Janet well, I'm no guru at this (yet) but I would say in a new worksheet in column A type in MWI0001, MWI0002...etc then use the f...

Adding numbers to labels
I have created tickets using the labels size of Avery 5164 in Publisher 2000. I want to add concecuitive numbers to these tickets but as they are printed 6 to a page, the only numbers I can find to add are the page numbers. Does anyone know another method. Mail Merge... Create Numbered Tickets with Publisher 2000 and Excel 2000 http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/assistance/HA010550891033.aspx -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "Elaira" <Elaira@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:3544FE7D-1...

Custom Tailoring An Access Report to fit an Existing Form Fed Printer Receipt Fo
I work for a State Correctional Facility as the Mailroom Supervisor and Computer Help Desk Representative. While Inmate receipts are still being written by hand there is a Stand-Alone- Computer Receipt System, consisting of a Stand-Alone-Computer, Okaidata 321 Impact Printer, 3 color part copy form fed preprinted/number receipt form, and Lotus Approach Software, that generates Inmate receipts. The flaw with the Stand-Alone-Computer is that when it is used each following day the following days receipt information is lost instead of being captured in a database. I am in the proces...

retreiving values by row and column number within a table?????
im making a table that looks a lot like a multiplication chart. but the numbers represent miles. for example, the value in column 9 row 7 = 110. i have over 9000 seperate values. and i need to find out how i can retrieve a specified value within the sheet givin the row and column number. can someone point me to a good tutorial or point me in the right direction. Slumbering Gorilla wrote: > im making a table that looks a lot like a multiplication chart. but the > numbers represent miles. for example, the value in column 9 row 7 = 110. > i have over 9000 seperate values. and i ne...

Formatting page numbers. First 4 pages in roman numerals. The rest in Arabic numbering
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: Intel I tried to make the subject explain everything. I am writing my thesis and I need the first few pages in roman numbers. Once I get to page 4 (where the real writing starts), i need to switch to Arabic numbering (1,2,3). <br><br>Thank you! First point: Never try to explain *everything* in the Subject line. There just isn't enough room -- That's why the big Message Box is provided :-)... The Subject should just be a short "attention getter", succinct but clear enough that potential r...

Stupid question, but how do I add a zero in front of numbers?
I'm working on my book collection listing, and one column I have is for the ISBN number. Most books have a zero in front of the number, like: 0451526775 However, when I input that, the zero is removed. How do I make it so the zero stays? Preferably, I want it to be limited to this one column, not the worksheet, workbook, or Excel in general. I'm assuming I can highlight the column, right click, choose "Format Cells", and dink around under "Numbers", but what do I change exactly? Thanks. -- JPaterson --------------------------------------------------------...

random number
How to generate integer random numbers (between 0 and 99) "mosfet" <tricubes@wanadoo.fr> wrote: >How to generate integer random numbers (between 0 and 99) Look up rand() and srand(). You call srand() once to initialize the generator, then each call to rand() returns a random integer between 0 and RAND_MAX. You could mod that result by 100 to get what you want. -- Tim Slattery MS MVP(DTS) Slattery_T@bls.gov "mosfet" <tricubes@wanadoo.fr> wrote in message news:bu6gnj$mcb$1@news-reader3.wanadoo.fr... > How to generate integer random numbers (between ...

Hanging phone number tear off strips
Please tell me how to create those vertical hanging tear-offs at the bottom of a document to show a phone number, or e-mail address, so that people can take the information from the document. Scot Hall ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http://www.micros...

2 Users in MSPOS
I have installed MSPOS (Microsoft Point Of Sale) on 2 separate stations in my store. However, I need help to understand how to connect the 2 computers together so that the register in the store is able to see the database which is setup in the office computer. Are there any settings or configuration which I need to do inside MSPOS ? Thanks for the help. -- GCI The first big question is, are both stations Windows XP Pro or Vista Business or higher? MSPOS requires the "Network Aware" functionality that is not included with XP Home or Vista Home. -- Thank you, Ryan Sakry P...