Move RMS2 Licence to a New Register

RMS v2.0 - despite searching this forum for a hint on how to transfer a
licence from one PC to another I can't seem to find a definative answer. This
is something I'm going to have to do soon as my current terminal/register is
not reliable. We're open 6 days a week and only have one lane licence so I
need to know the process will work!

Can anybody help?
0
Alastair (20)
11/28/2007 7:21:03 PM
pos 14173 articles. 0 followers. Follow

Set up the new register/terminal and install RMS when you try to open POS it
will prompt you for the license. I am recalling this from memory so I am not
verbatim at this point but you choose to activate other than online. It will
prompt you with a code.  You write this code down and send it along with your
RMS license that you have on the machine you are retiring to
activate@msdirectservices.com and explain in the email that you are
decommisioning the register and need to re-use the license.  Microsoft will
reply within a day or so with your new activation code. I have done this with
24 of my systems and Microsoft was very quick in response once i finally got
their system down.  You can also do this over the phone for 1 license but if
your doing it for multiple they prefer you use the
activate@msdirectservices.com email address.

"Alastair" wrote:

> RMS v2.0 - despite searching this forum for a hint on how to transfer a
> licence from one PC to another I can't seem to find a definative answer. This
> is something I'm going to have to do soon as my current terminal/register is
> not reliable. We're open 6 days a week and only have one lane licence so I
> need to know the process will work!
>
> Can anybody help?
You can also do this over the phone.

When you install RMS on the new pc and attempt to activate it pick the
"activate by telephone" option and you will be asked which country you are in
and then given a phone number to call.
Also on the screen will be a very long number which you will key in and then
when it tries to activate it will tell you there is a problem and put you
through to a human.
You then confirm this number with them but they will tell you it is not
valid and there is a technical issue which you then need to tell them that
you have a 9th group of numbers instead of the usual 8. They will then
discover that it is RMS (as long as you get a competent human) and they will
tell you it has already been activated to which you tell them you are
replacing the hard disk and explain it is only on one machine and they will
give you a new activation code which you type in and everything should be
fine then.
You don't really need to wait until you replace the machine before doing
this, not technically ok but in the real world it is better.

"Conradical" wrote:

> Set up the new register/terminal and install RMS when you try to open POS it
> will prompt you for the license. I am recalling this from memory so I am not
> verbatim at this point but you choose to activate other than online. It will
> prompt you with a code.  You write this code down and send it along with your
> RMS license that you have on the machine you are retiring to
> activate@msdirectservices.com and explain in the email that you are
> decommisioning the register and need to re-use the license.  Microsoft will
> reply within a day or so with your new activation code. I have done this with
> 24 of my systems and Microsoft was very quick in response once i finally got
> their system down.  You can also do this over the phone for 1 license but if
> your doing it for multiple they prefer you use the
> activate@msdirectservices.com email address.
>

> "Alastair" wrote:
>
> > RMS v2.0 - despite searching this forum for a hint on how to transfer a
> > licence from one PC to another I can't seem to find a definative answer. This
> > is something I'm going to have to do soon as my current terminal/register is
> > not reliable. We're open 6 days a week and only have one lane licence so I
> > need to know the process will work!
> >
> > Can anybody help?
0
gaz1 (118)
11/29/2007 10:35:00 AM
Thank you both very much!

"Gaz" wrote:

> You can also do this over the phone.
>
> When you install RMS on the new pc and attempt to activate it pick the
> "activate by telephone" option and you will be asked which country you are in
> and then given a phone number to call.
> Also on the screen will be a very long number which you will key in and then
> when it tries to activate it will tell you there is a problem and put you
> through to a human.
> You then confirm this number with them but they will tell you it is not
> valid and there is a technical issue which you then need to tell them that
> you have a 9th group of numbers instead of the usual 8. They will then
> discover that it is RMS (as long as you get a competent human) and they will
> tell you it has already been activated to which you tell them you are
> replacing the hard disk and explain it is only on one machine and they will
> give you a new activation code which you type in and everything should be
> fine then.
> You don't really need to wait until you replace the machine before doing
> this, not technically ok but in the real world it is better.
>
> "Conradical" wrote:
>
> > Set up the new register/terminal and install RMS when you try to open POS it
> > will prompt you for the license. I am recalling this from memory so I am not
> > verbatim at this point but you choose to activate other than online. It will
> > prompt you with a code.  You write this code down and send it along with your
> > RMS license that you have on the machine you are retiring to
> > activate@msdirectservices.com and explain in the email that you are
> > decommisioning the register and need to re-use the license.  Microsoft will
> > reply within a day or so with your new activation code. I have done this with
> > 24 of my systems and Microsoft was very quick in response once i finally got
> > their system down.  You can also do this over the phone for 1 license but if
> > your doing it for multiple they prefer you use the
> > activate@msdirectservices.com email address.
> >

> > "Alastair" wrote:
> >
> > > RMS v2.0 - despite searching this forum for a hint on how to transfer a
> > > licence from one PC to another I can't seem to find a definative answer. This
> > > is something I'm going to have to do soon as my current terminal/register is
> > > not reliable. We're open 6 days a week and only have one lane licence so I
> > > need to know the process will work!
> > >
> > > Can anybody help?
0
Alastair (20)

Tender Type per Register
I have one "register" on a workstation in the back office. Is there a way to make Store Account the only tender type available on that particular register and leave the two registers up front with all tender types? Additionally, since the aforementioned register only handles a/r billing and no payments, is it necessary to close out its batch daily? We do post our closed batches to Quickbooks, but since the a/r is handled by RMS, is it necessary to post a batch of only a/r billing? Programmatically, it is certainly possible, with a very simple 'TenderBegin' hook. AFAIK, ...

Moving license to a new computer

reference a cell AND its format in a new cell
Seems like there would be a simple way to reference a cell and any formatting it has. For example, A1=5 and the 5 is underlined and in red. The entry in A2 is =A1 and I want A2 to show not only the 5 but I also want it to preserve and show the same formatting that was applied to A1. Thanks in advance for the help. Formulas don't do this kind of thing. You could copy|Paste???? TiChNi wrote: > > Seems like there would be a simple way to reference a cell and any > formatting it has. For example, A1=5 and the 5 is underlined and in > red. The entry in A2 is =A1 and I want ...

Safe to Move?

License (Register Lines)
Part One - I'm looking into purchasing RMS. I will have only one register. But would like to access all information from 3 other points within my office, (Back Office, PDA, and a Tablet PC), which would all access the data on a Server. Is this Possible, and which server features should I make sure to include, and how many licenses do I need of RMS. Part Two - Are there features in RMS that I can use with a PDA, without purchase more Licenses. I would like to use a PDA to do inventory and create purchase orders. Thank you Steven. Steven, Part 1 RMS is licensed by Lane, therefor yo...

New Tabbed Documents feature
I have loaded Office Prof 2007 Plus and am using Access. there is a new feature, "Tabbed Documents". I do not see them, when I open several Tables, Queries, etc, they are just one on top of another. You can Cascade them, but there are NO tabs along the top. I have called MS and even tried the website. Could I be missing an update?, but I would have though the package should have this feature already installed. Otherwise the package is working fine. Any help would be appreciated. The tabbed documents applies to forms only. You can have overlapping windows like the...

Error class not registered in Outlook 07
Hello, I use MS Outlook 2007 (over XP SP2). Recently, whenever I start Ooutlook (first screen is Outlook Today) I'm getting an error message: "Run Time Error" plus "Error: Class not Registered". When I run Microsoft Script Editor, the breaks the flowing statement: "document.all.dateScript.innerHTML = window.external.GetDate();" However, when I'm not confirming the debug execution I can get into Outlook sending and receiving email normally. When I try to get into first screen (selecting top follder - Personal Folders) the error message is prompted ...

Exchange 5.5 clients cannot see the new user fr Outlook Global Add
Hi to All, Please we need help! We have 4 branches with different domain. 2 branch is using Exchange 5.5 and 2 others are using Exchange 2000. Our Problem is when we configured one account in Exchange 2000 it can't be seen in 2 Exchange 5.5 Global Address. This mail is use for internal use only and it is not connected to internet. Thanks in Advanced! Emslan Did you configure Active Directory Connector to synchronize between your AD and Exchange 5.5 directory? Exchange 2000 uses AD for its directory store but Exchange 5.5 uses its own directory. "emslan" <emslan@d...

Moving Exchange 2000

mail moved from netscape to outlook?

Creating a new worksheet from a template
I would like to press a button on one worksheet and create a ne worksheet that conforms to a template. However: 1) this is for a series of people who do not work centrally and who ar not technical i.e. the solution needs to be self-contained within m workbook and not involve the creation of xlst templates that have t sit in a certain place on the hard drive. 2) These worksheets will have a series of fields that relate t 'activities'. The user can chose to spawn worksheets for one or mor activities. I would like a summary sheet to add all the activit information from as many activit...

Move mailbox rights in Exchange 5.5 #2

Moving Pages between two publications

Setting up a new user
I'm experimenting with Exchange server 2003 in a lab environment. I've got one user set up and able to access his mailbox. I then created a second user on the server. When I try to connect to his mailbox from a client PC, Outlook tells me: "Unable to open your default e-mail folders. You must connect to your Microsoft Exchange Server computer with the current profile before you can synchronize your folders with your offline folder file". What the heck does that mean? How do I do what it is asking? The client PC is running XP Pro, and I did restart it and log on to the...

Excel 2k3: Workbook on network drive, when save creates new file
When we open up a shared workbook and enter data into it. Everything works fine but once you save it the original still contains the information but in the folder on the network drive that the original is located a new file is created. This new file is the same size as the original document. It didn't start doing this until it was moved from our old 2000 Server to our new 2k3 server. Can anyone help? Does that newly created workbook have a name of 8 characters (with no extension)? If yes... When excel saves the file, it saves it as a temporary file with a funny name (8 characte...

Rule to notify me of new mail
Hi guys - i am looking to set up a rule n outlook 2003 which will send notification of new mail to a specified e-mail address, but importantly i cannot forward the original message - it's an office setup and we're not allowed to fwd 'confidential' messages over the web. Also i cannot install any 'tool' as i have seen on the web - are there any other options??? help please alastairharding@hotmail.com wrote in news:1105528667.656658.91690 @c13g2000cwb.googlegroups.com: > Hi guys - i am looking to set up a rule n outlook 2003 which will send > notification of ne...

Moving Folder error

Moving between worksheets