More Debit Card Processing Questions with a non-preferred provider

Looking through the bones of all the debit card processing questions, I would
like to ask this question again.

I am using First Data as my processor and PC-Charge as the interface to them.

Is there any way to setup RMS to process debit cards natively with First
Data and eliminate PC-Charge? Interestingly, Wells Fargo is a preferred
provider and First Data is their processor..............

Thanks...Richard
0
Richard853 (481)
3/24/2005 1:35:02 AM
pos 14173 articles. 0 followers. Follow

Richard,

Wells Fargo is on the approved list, but the official M$ info says
that they use Vital/VisaNet as the processor.  You might want to check again
with Wells Fargo.

Try this link;
http://www.microsoft.com/BusinessSolutions/RetailManagementSystem/default.aspx
at bottom right under Product Information, click on Merchant Services.

The M$ info says that they were not ready with debit card at
that time, but were to work in 2005.  Again double check.

Check with your existing bank an see if you can switch to Vital.  Most banks
can.
--
*
"Richard" <Richard@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
Looking through the bones of all the debit card processing questions, I
would
like to ask this question again.

I am using First Data as my processor and PC-Charge as the interface to
them.

Is there any way to setup RMS to process debit cards natively with First
Data and eliminate PC-Charge? Interestingly, Wells Fargo is a preferred
provider and First Data is their processor..............

Thanks...Richard

0
spam3944 (2163)
3/24/2005 7:07:41 AM
Richard if you get a positive answer on this can you let me know.  We use
First Data and interface through IC Verify but just like you no debit card
transactions.  So if you get a real answer on why or if it is going to occur
in the next version will you let me know.
Thanks.

--
Elizabeth M.
"Richard" <Richard@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Looking through the bones of all the debit card processing questions, I
> would
> like to ask this question again.
>
> I am using First Data as my processor and PC-Charge as the interface to
> them.
>
> Is there any way to setup RMS to process debit cards natively with First
> Data and eliminate PC-Charge? Interestingly, Wells Fargo is a preferred
> provider and First Data is their processor..............
>
> Thanks...Richard

0
anonymous (74717)
3/24/2005 2:53:38 PM
Like Elizabeth we use First Data and ICVerify.  I look forward to being able
to accept debit directly through RMS.  Let me know if you here anything
positive.

         Thanks,

                            Tom

"Richard" wrote:

> Looking through the bones of all the debit card processing questions, I would
> like to ask this question again.
>
> I am using First Data as my processor and PC-Charge as the interface to them.
>
> Is there any way to setup RMS to process debit cards natively with First
> Data and eliminate PC-Charge? Interestingly, Wells Fargo is a preferred
> provider and First Data is their processor..............
>
> Thanks...Richard
0
Tom7430 (437)
3/24/2005 5:01:07 PM

"Richard" wrote:

> Looking through the bones of all the debit card processing questions, I would
> like to ask this question again.
>
> I am using First Data as my processor and PC-Charge as the interface to them.
>
> Is there any way to setup RMS to process debit cards natively with First
> Data and eliminate PC-Charge? Interestingly, Wells Fargo is a preferred
> provider and First Data is their processor..............
>
> Thanks...Richard
0
Tom7430 (437)
3/24/2005 5:01:09 PM
Not much change here in the debit card processing abilities of RMS. I am
going to make a product suggestion to increase the number of preferred
providers and include First Data. I don't understand why this can't be a
generic setup. Anyway, if you need this feature, please go add a product
suggestion on the RMS site. My suggestion will be titled, "Increase Preferred
Providers". Maybe M$ will wake-up to this.

Tnx,
Richard

"Tom" wrote:

> Like Elizabeth we use First Data and ICVerify.  I look forward to being able
> to accept debit directly through RMS.  Let me know if you here anything
> positive.
>
>          Thanks,
>
>                             Tom
>
> "Richard" wrote:
>
> > Looking through the bones of all the debit card processing questions, I would
> > like to ask this question again.
> >
> > I am using First Data as my processor and PC-Charge as the interface to them.
> >
> > Is there any way to setup RMS to process debit cards natively with First
> > Data and eliminate PC-Charge? Interestingly, Wells Fargo is a preferred
> > provider and First Data is their processor..............
> >
> > Thanks...Richard
0
Richard853 (481)

Matching downloaded debits and deposits
I download my bank account frequently and Money does not recognize my automatic debits or deposits with my scheduled bills and deposits lists so they go overdue in my list and unmarked on my claendar. How do I correct this? It is very frustrating. Thanks, Steven If they are automatic debits or deposits, it might be worth turning on the feature to automatically enter these transactions a few days before their due date, and then the matching can be made against the transactions in the account register. -- Glyn Simpson, Microsoft MVP - Money Check http://support.microsoft.com/defaul...

Card colors are not printed right?
I had a business card I am trying to reprint again, but the colors when I print them are not right? I cleaned the heads, other things seem to print correctly? The color you see on your screen isn't necessarily the color you'll get on a print. Think about the things that have changed since you last printed it. Are you using the same printer/monitor/version of Publisher/brand of ink? Have you made any changes to the screen resolution? -- JoAnn Paules Microsoft MVP - Publisher How to ask a question http://support.microsoft.com/kb/555375 "Bruce" <notreally@idon...

Quick question about Ex2K filtering..
In the Exchange 2000 administrator, one can add specific users and/or domains to a filter list (Global Settings -> Message Delivery -> Filtering tab). Does anyone know where those domains/addresses are stored? Is there a text (or other) type of file that lists all the entries? I've got several hundred in there now and it's nearly impossible to look for a specific entry. It'd be a lot easier if i could open the file they're stored in via notepad or a hex editor. Thanks! Via ADSIEdit: msExchTurfListNames located: CN=Default Message Filter,CN=Message Delivery,CN=Gl...

not processing deleted nodes

Distribution Codes in Vendor Cards #2
I have assigned distribution codes (purchases) in the vendor cards for most of our suppliers. However, I need to modify some of them and I am having trouble deleting any of these codes. Can anyone tell me if I am capable of deleting them once I have entered them?? If there is a way, I would appreciate finding out what it is. I am using GP version 7.5. Thanks!! Don't think you can delete them, but you should be able to blank them out one by one. If you have a lot of vendors with similar 6changes, consider using Vendor Class Setup. "BK" wrote: > > I have assi...

Vista 64 bit
OK, I am so completely feed up with Vista and have been wanting to upgrade to Windows 7, but now my external hard drive has completely failed and was never working correctly with Vista anyway, because of the 64 bit issues so now I need to spend the money on a new external hard drive instead of upgrading to 7. So here's my issue: I understand now that the 64 bit issue was a software/driver issue and not a hardware issue. I was using a Maxtor OneTouch 4 Plus with an XP machine. The Xp machine died and I got a Vista machine (right before the free upgrade to 7 started. Dang it!). ...

How to identify which credit card is declined
When my client accept multiple credit cards and one or more of them is declined, the cashiers are unable to immediately determine which one. The message that RMS provides is not identifying the problem card. The client is using RMS 2.0 with PC-Charge. Has anyone encountered this problem before? Is this an old problem that can be resolved with an upgrade? Thanks in advance for a quick response. ...

Debit Card Refund Anomaly
One of my customers is reporting that when they issue a customer refund on a previous purchase which was made on a debit card, and they tender the refund as a debit card, the amount refunded displayed on the customer's receipt indicates a positive amount rather than a negative amount (normally in parentheses) which would be associated with a refund. Additionally, the EDC settlement report displays the debit card refund as a positive amount (a charge) and totals the refund with the other debit sales as a positive amount. However, the Z report totals the debit card transactions correctly b...

Macro question #10
Hello all, Could anyone tell me about using Macro /VBA as below 1) How to copy several whole columns from one sheet to another sheet within the same Excel file? 2) How to detect the column and fill the number into another column? e.g. ColumnA2 to A99 contains data, then it can fill the number from 1,2,3,4,5.....................,97,98 into the column B2 to B99 automatically? Thank you for your help first. TLee here are three examples for you: 1) copy a column on the same sheet Range("J:J").Value = Range("E:E").Value 2)Copy a column to another sheet Worksheets(&q...

Is there a way to recharge a gift card/voucher?
Let's say I have sold a gift card and it's balance is zero or nearing zero. Is there a way to recharge the balance? I tried tendering a new gift card with same serial number, but that only created a new gift card with the same serial number and a new balance. From Tender Screenin POS [F12] select a payment type like Cash. And to charge up the credit card by $100 in the cash amount type -100.00 [minus one hundred] and in the Gift Card press the + that will charge the card by the same amount as the outstanding credit balance. The system will prompt you for the Gift Card. Type t...

nic card
I have a machine running Windows 2000 with a NIC card. About once a month my NIC card will disappear from Network Neighborhood. If I turn the computer off, switch, reconfigure the NIC settings it works again for another month or so (but it does give the error The IP address XXX.XXX.XXX.XXX you have entered for this network adapter is already assigned to another adapter Name of adapter. Name of adapter is hidden from the network ..... which I did figure out how to get rid of. Wrong newsgroup. "Tammy" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:156...

Custom Non-Client area
Hello guys! I'm using WM_NCCALCSIZE to calculate a new size for the non-client area, and WM_NCPAINT to draw my own title bar, min/max buttons etc... The problem is that the menubar is trying to stay in the original position which puts it in the middle of my custom title bar... How do I deal with the menubar? I can maybe create a control that uses GetMenu() and draws the menu, then handling the mouse events, but that would be my 2nd choice, and it also will consume the client area; Is there a better way? Thanks, Dani You could do a SetMenu(NULL) to disable the default menus on yo...

Invalid Date Type with Debit Card
Hi, Sometimes when we do Debit Card transation, the status message would come back as INVALID DATA TYPE. Does anyone know why we are getting this message, and what it means? We are using the built in CITIBANK feature. Thank you. Natt ...

Microsoft Jet database engine stopped the process
“The Microsoft Jet database engine stopped the process because you and another user are attempting to change the same data at the same time” The error message appears every time when attempts to mount the database. I have very important data in it so please tell me what to do to save that data. -- Message posted via AccessMonster.com http://www.accessmonster.com/Uwe/Forums.aspx/access/201001/1 Try holding down Shift while you open the database. This bypasses any startup macro/form. -- Allen Browne - Microsoft MVP. Perth, Western Australia Tips for Access users - http...

Error 1132 occurred while processing a replication event.
After doing an in-place upgrade from windows 2000 to 2003 on my exchange 2003 server I am receiving the following error messages on one of my public folders. I have looked at !842273 and that was no help with replication issues. I am seeing some successful information but nothing that will help with this error. I have turned logging up on both server (home server and remote) to Maximum: Replication AD Updates, Replication Incoming Messages; Replication OUtgoing Messages; Non-Delivery Reports; Replicatin Backfill and Replication General. I have also turned on Replication Errors to Mediu...

SmartList Credit/Debit Vs Debit/Credit Sequence
Every Great Plains screen shows columns in order where Debit is to the left and Credit is to the right. All the default SmartList displays show just the opposite. SmartList *Default displays should show Debits to the left and Credits to the right. It's a pain to export to Excel and have to cut/paste these two columns in order to not look like you did it backwards when you email the Excel sheet to the CFO. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree&quo...

Re: Rules Wizard
thanks, that solved the duplicate messages problem. However, I still would like to mark them read. It is annoying to have my own sent message as unread. I was trying to add a 'perform custom action' to the rule that sents it into the appropriate folder but there is nothing I can check there. Apparently I have to write my own script to tick it read? Isn't there a friendly soul out there who can provide us with one that does exactly that? thanks "Diane Poremsky [MVP]" <dianenws@poremsky.com> wrote in message news:OyBTP4mzEHA.2200@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl... > After ...

Credit Card Processing -Help needed
hi, i have a project to add a new card processing company (Third Party) in POS Admin EDC Tab and enable EDC processing. so that the Tender window will pick the new one and do the processing. Can any one help me and let me know how to code for RMS to get this result. Any help is greatly appreciated. (I am fairly new to RMS) Thanks Ganesh ...

Stupid (I hope) XML questions
Ok, I have a project that is destined for continual growth and development over the next few years (benign scope creep). The object model is relatively generic at the moment, but will be extended considerably over time, mostly using inheritance. Each document will have a single element at the root and it will contain a collection of objects that are based off of a finite number of base classes. However, these objects may have numerous child classes and I can not guarantee that the child classes won't be containers themselves. References will be allowed between objects of different base typ...

RMS 2.0 / Pccharge / Debit module / Ingenico 6550
Has anyone been able to get the Ingenico 6550 to work with Pccharge debit module? I'm able to do credit card transactions but I'm having trouble getting the 6550 to do debit. I did purchase the RMS debit module from Verifone and install it. The message I get when I try a debit transaction is: " PCcharge debit configuration information is missing - please configure and perform debit transaction again" I believe I've installed it correctly but from the message I must be missing something. I know that RMS supports the 6550 but I believe its only if you use the bui...

forms! (simple question)
what's wrong with the expression: Forms![tblFixtureSchedulePrintOptions].[PresetOption].Value = ... tblFixtureSchedulePrintOptions is a valid table; yet I get the error "cannot find..." thanks in advance, mark On Sun, 11 Mar 2007 10:12:16 -0500, Mark J Kubicki wrote: > what's wrong with the expression: > > Forms![tblFixtureSchedulePrintOptions].[PresetOption].Value = ... > > tblFixtureSchedulePrintOptions is a valid table; yet I get the error "cannot > find..." > > thanks in advance, > mark If [tblFixtureSchedulePrin...

Question about Outlook 2007
Hi guys, I have been unable to view attachments of any file type using Outlook 2007 on Vista Ultimate. * When I try to view an attachment, for example a GIF file, I get a message box saying "The operation Failed. An object could not be found." * When I try to save the attachment, I get a message box saying "Cannot save the attachment." * When I try to "preview" the file, I get a page with a message saying "This file cannot be previewed. Try opening the file in the program in which it was created." I can, however, view, preview and save the same f...

problems with automatic debit/direct debit
My Money is not allowing me to use automatic debit like I was used to using with my other bank. Is this a bank problem or do I not have something configured right? Michael Before someone can give a useful answer, you'll probably need to elaborate a bit on what you mean by "is not allow me to use automatic debit". -- Chris Cowles Gainesville, FL "mpmorin" <mpmorin@verizon.net> wrote in message news:4Apde.13057$KP.2990@trndny02... > My Money is not allowing me to use automatic debit like I was used to > using with my other bank. Is this a bank p...

start w/a BLANK business card Avery 8869
I do NOT want a template that is already designed. I want a BLANK business card template that will work with Avery 8869 or Avery 8373. HELP! PLEASE! Publisher 2007? Page setup, Advanced on the right, Layout Type, Multiple pages per sheet, click OK. -- Mary Sauer http://msauer.mvps.org/ "Janez" <Janez@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:7EE9434A-F735-464A-A1AF-E2658A71C823@microsoft.com... >I do NOT want a template that is already designed. I want a BLANK business > card template that will work with Avery 8869 or Avery 8373. HELP! PLEASE! ...

IME as 32-bit process after Office 2007 installation on 64 bit mac
SetWindowsHookEx to hook microsft IME pad fails when office2007 is installed on 64 bit machine IME Capture is a utility application provided by Microsoft in Japanese OS to provide character recognition for Japanese language. In Windows Vista x64 Japanese, without office 2007 installed, IME Capture and other IME applications run as 64-bit processes. When office 2007 is installed, most office applications run as 32-bit processes on the 64-bit OS. Office 2007 uses IME capture and other IME tools to embed language support in its applications. To start IME processes on st...