Modifying the Sales Receipt

We are using RMS, and our receipts print out on a simple Star impact printer.

Two things would be nice. It would be nice to know, generally speaking, how
to modify what prints on the receipt.

More specifically, when we sell items at a discount, it shows the discount
and it shows the discounted price, but it does NOT, for some reason, show the
original price. I would like to be able to show the original price at least,
and if possible, calculate the amount saved.

Our prior system, FoxPro based Biztracker, did that as standard.

All suggestions greatly appreciated.

--
Bud Izen
0

In the Manager, go to Database -> Register List -> Receipt Formats.  Check
the Users Guide for explaination about this.  Receipt formats are XML files
that you can edit and then load in to RMS from here.  I don't know if the
XML Reference is available for end users, but it shouldn't be too difficult
to figure out based on the samples.

Once you create a receipt format, it has to be assigned to the station.  Go
to Database -> Register List -> Register List and open the Properties for
your station.  Under the Receipt 1 and Receipt 2 tabs you can define which
printer and receipt formats to use.

0
jhunt (286)
2/2/2005 6:53:43 PM
To modify the receipt you can edit the template by
Manager>Database>Registers>Receipt templates

This only does certain modifications.  You can edit the entire format in
notepad.  I'd advise to make a Backup copy first.

Once edited it will tell you to restart each POS station for changes to take
effect.

--
Elizabeth M.
"Bud Izen" <BudIzen@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> We are using RMS, and our receipts print out on a simple Star impact
> printer.
>
> Two things would be nice. It would be nice to know, generally speaking,
> how
> to modify what prints on the receipt.
>
> More specifically, when we sell items at a discount, it shows the discount
> and it shows the discounted price, but it does NOT, for some reason, show
> the
> original price. I would like to be able to show the original price at
> least,
> and if possible, calculate the amount saved.
>
> Our prior system, FoxPro based Biztracker, did that as standard.
>
> All suggestions greatly appreciated.
>

> --
> Bud Izen

0
anonymous (74722)

Problem to modify the size of PlotArea
Hello, I am trying to modify a chart so that it prints in a 20cm x 17,5cm frame. I do understand that this is governed by the plotarea.insideheight and plotarea.insidewidth properties. I also do understant that these properties are read-only. So far my code is the following: With ActiveChart .SizeWithWindow = False .PageSetup.ChartSize = xlScreenSize .PlotArea.Width = 567 .PlotArea.Height = 496 Do While .PlotArea.InsideWidth < 567 .PlotArea.Width = .Pl...

EXE change in data modified
Hi Guys Have a question regarding GP. What can cause a change in the "modified date" to the dynamics.exe file? In theory, something would need to change the file. My best guess would be a service pack would change the date. -- www.fmtconsultants.com "cruesta@gmail.com" wrote: > Hi Guys > > Have a question regarding GP. What can cause a change in the "modified > date" to the dynamics.exe file? > > For GP 9.0 SP 1 the Dynamics.exe modified date is 5/16/2006 which looks to be the date the Service Pack was created (as opposed to the da...

Modifier Error
Whenever we try to go to modifier it gets the following error. The Modifier is currently unavailable because another user is editing resources in the Forms Dictionary. The Server has already been rebooted but we are still coming up with the same error. Thanks, Hi make sure that you are not sharing the Forms Dictionary with another users. Thanks BS "Jess M." <JessM@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:C56C6878-9410-4CF5-95DE-DCA0AC50EA55@microsoft.com... > Whenever we try to go to modifier it gets the following error. > > The Modifier is current...

how can i make sales action viewable only for saleman who create .

Sales batch status wrongly indicate as "Available", but no transaction for the batch
There is a particular SOP batch number "INV SEP 09-03D" with status show "Available", but there is no sales transaction is having this batch number. The system do change it status to "No Transaction", after all the transactions with this batch ID are all posted. Search though and navigated to all the sales transactions, but couldn't find a single transaction which has the same batch ID "INV SEP 09-03D" but this batch ID is still showing "Available" instead of "No transaction". Please advise. Thank you. ...

Printing Customer Name on Credit Card Receipts
This is another suggestion to MS to add into RMS the following feature: Pull the customer name from a credit card that is swiped and print it on the receipt. If the "dumb" terminals most processing companies rent out can do this, certainly a sophisticated program like RMS should be able to do this as well. I'm no programming genius but I'd imagine that since RMS is already filtering out the account number and exp date from the rest of the data on a cc mag stripe that pulling the name would only add a few lines of code. In a similar post someone mentioned that there wa...

modified timeline graph
I have a table of dates and events (and "phase"), and I want to make a timeline graph: 1-d horizontal line, no (visible) y-axis. I want the distance between the events to be spaced based on the date, and the event names to be shown at each point. The dates should be shown too, either for each event or just based on auto-scaling of the x-axis (e.g. major unit = 3 months). Here's the hard part. The events happen in different "phases", and I want to show the phases graphically somehow. I was thinking this component of the graph would be a bar chart, and I could someho...

Sales Process 04-27-05
Hi, I can create a quote and convert it to Order. In this state, I can change the products quantities and prices. After the order confirmed by customer, it can be converted to Invoice. Why can we change the products quantities and price again in this scenario? What is the purpose of order in this case. I can use a not-closed Invoice as Order. Regards, Sassan ...

Modify name displayed in GAL
Hi all! Is there any way to change the manner in wich user are displayed in GAL? I've been aked to set DislayName to "First Last", but leave "Last First" in GAL - is there any way to do this? Thanx -- R.V. ...

modify online services
My bank recently upgraded their online services to include Direct Statements. Previously I had set up to receive Web statements. Money 2004 Omline services Manager does not give me the option to "modify services" only to "change financial institutions." Any ideas on how I can modify online banking services so I can use background banking to get Direct statements? This is how it works in M03: From account list -> Click manage online services -> click Setup online services, then select the financial institution from the list (assuming the list is updated wi...

eConnect and Apply Sales Documents
I would like to use eConnect 9.0 Web Services to Apply Sales Documnets. I can create a Cash Receipt, but cannot figure out how to apply that to Invoices. Can this be done via eConnect 9.0? Chris: I am not sure about the web services side, but I do know for a fact that eConnect has a procedure called taRMApply that allows me to apply documents. I have to specify them as it doesnt' "auto" do them, but it does work out fine. Perhaps the web service side has something like this as well. Here are the fields in the schema in case you care: @I_vAPTODCNM char(20), /* Apply...

Cash Drawer to Receipt Delay
Is it normal to have a 7 second delay between when the cash drawer opens and when the receipt prints out? Is there anyway to reduce this delay? (I'm using an Epson printer on parallel port w/ cash drawer connected directly to printer). Thanks - Bob Bob -- Hi there. I'm using an Epson (Tm-88III) and having the same problem...except sometimes it's even worse (print request just sits in the queue until I actually close Store Ops, then it spits out)...I removed the store logo from the receipt and got the file size down to below 8k, so I know that's not a problem...I'...

Receipt Formats #2
I've just setup a new RMS system and it is in use currently. However I have a few issues with the way reciepts print out? First can someone tell me how to make the receipts smaller? They use way too much paper to print. There is a large amout of space and the top and the bottom? Second I would like to to have the Item Number, Description, Qty, and Price all show up? How I can create a custom receipt to to that? Thanks for the help in advance. cramsundar, If you have access to CustomerSource, click on the link below and view and/or download some modified receipts from MS. http:/...

GP7.5SP6
We're in the process of upgrading from GP7.5 SP4 to SP6. We are on MSSQL Server 7.0. My supervisor has already implemented the hot fix as describe in MBS (that's a script to update some indexes on the server if someone is using GP7.5 manufacturing on MSSQL7). When I try to import modified forms and reports I've received some errors. For instances some references on the VBA to the GUI forms (i.e. text boxes, buttons) become missing. And on the reports I've been told it couldn't find the table MOP_MO_Variance_DC_Detail_Report_Temp and MOP-Sched_Interface_Report_Before....

Search / Modify / Delete . . .
In �sheet1� I have a database with theses headers �Name, Phone, Address and below are the records rows 2-150. In �sheet2� I have the data entr� form (not VBA) its on the sheet, that has a macro that writes t �Sheet1� (for storage). How can implement a search for a record and return the result t �sheet2�, with the ability to modify or delete from the databas (�sheet1�). Thanking you in advance -- Fabl ----------------------------------------------------------------------- Fable's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=218 View this thread: http://www.ex...

Accounts Receivable without Sales Order
I like to have AR entries without a corresponding Sales Order entry. Will it affect the system in any means? What will be the effect when checklinks or reconcile is run? Please clarify. AR (or rather RM, Receivables Management as GP calls it) is a completely separate module from Sales Order Processing (SOP). When you post a transaction in SOP it creates a corresponding transaction in RM. Creating a transaction directly in RM will not cause any system issues or cause any problems with check links or reconcile. Hope that helps, -- Victoria Yudin Dynamics GP MVP "ACE_Shankar"...

Reprinting Receipts/Journal
When we need to reprint a Journal/Receipt in the back office we have to use our laser printer since we obviously don't have a receipt printer in the back office. The problem I run into is that the left .25 inch or so gets cut off because it's outside the laser printers printable area. When I try to change the page settings to .5 inch it doesn't affect the printouts at all (as a matter of fact it immediately reverts back to .25 and even this margin gets ignored). Does anybody know of a way to (permanently) fix this? Yes Alex, Now give you one understanding which is impor...

Modified By and Modified On fields
I am trying to customize a phone form (will need to do the same to most others) by adding Modified By and Modified On fields. After publishing the form, the fields appear on the form just fine but the lookup to a user list is greyed out. Any ideas? Am I doing something wrong? I found the answer myself. Those are system-generated values and. therefore, cannot be modified by a user "mkatsev" wrote: > I am trying to customize a phone form (will need to do the same to most > others) by adding Modified By and Modified On fields. After publishing the > form, the fields ap...

Sales Tax #5
My company has a warehouse that "sells" parts to our company's stores. Recently we notice that we are assessing additional tax on the markup cost that the warehouse adds to the items. Basically, we're paying more taxes than we should be. So my situation to assess tax based on the cost of an item and not price of it. Is there a setting of GP 7.5 that does this? If not could GP 9.0( in process of upgrading)? Are there ways around this? Thanks, Hung, You will need to revisit your Tax Detail Setup window, select the tax detail in particular that is being applied when t...

does sa have automatic Modified Forms access in GP 10?
Hello: I know that, in GP 10.0, sa is tagged with "DEFAULT USER" for Alternate and Modified windows and reports and has a Power User role. But, I imported Modifier code into GP 10.0 here on my laptop and sa automatically was able to see the modification even though the DEFAULT USER "role" did not have security access to it. Does sa automatically have access to mods, no matter what the security setup is like? Thanks! childofthe1980s While I have not tested all of the form types that can be modified, I know that when I modify a Dynamics report I have to add tha...

Modifying the Sales Receipt
We are using RMS, and our receipts print out on a simple Star impact printer. Two things would be nice. It would be nice to know, generally speaking, how to modify what prints on the receipt. More specifically, when we sell items at a discount, it shows the discount and it shows the discounted price, but it does NOT, for some reason, show the original price. I would like to be able to show the original price at least, and if possible, calculate the amount saved. Our prior system, FoxPro based Biztracker, did that as standard. All suggestions greatly appreciated. -- Bud Izen In the...

Sales Report #2
Hi- I need a Sales Report by Store that includes, QTY SOLD (totaled if more than one item was sold that day), COST, RETAIL COST, QTY OH (by store not as a total chainwide), Store code. I would like this report to have the ability to run by a date range and to be able to run only for certain suppliers if I need to. Let me know if anyone can help. Thank you ...

How to stop Tax and Subtotal printing from receipt?
Does anyone what to do if i want know to show tax and subtotal in the receipt? Please help. Ken ...

Sales price overrides
Hello everyone, I was wondering if someone could tell me what I am missing when it comes to sales order processing setups. There are two options I am interested in, Allow Markdown and Override Prices. Concept seems simple; allow users to enter a discount or allow users to change a price. The issue I am having is when I leave Allow Markdown checked but uncheck Override Prices, when I enter a markdown value, I get a "You are not allowed to override the price." message. Please tell me that I am missing something and that you do not have to give a user access to both entering m...

Modified by on
Hi gurus, I am doing 2008 operating plan and i have created over 30 excel templates to be used by every unit in my department. I stored these templates on a shared folder onto my pc and accessable thru a webpage i creaeted for this purpose. I wanted to know who submitted what in a glance, so i created another file called "status" with a list of all units with total unit budget against the unit. The total cell reads from the unit's template. Now, i know which unit has updated its file if the total against the unit name shows other than $0 ... but i am not really happy with this. I...