Mixed VAT inclusive and VAT exclusive with one HQ?

Hi...

We have a rollout with about 30 shops and 2 warehouses... (in the UK)

The shops are retail and therefore we want to set Store Ops to be VAT
inclusive.

The Warehouses operate wholesale and therefore we want to set the those
stores to be VAT exclusive.

Is anyone doing this already? Are there any issues?

We are having a VERY tough time getting a straight yes/no answer or examples
from both Microsoft and some long time RMS partners.

Does anyone know if it's possible with one HQ to run mixed inc/exc VAT
without issue?

Many thanks.

Mark.

0
mark564 (750)
8/8/2007 7:04:01 AM
pos 14173 articles. 0 followers. Follow

Not to print one row within a spreasheet
I created a spreadsheet for employees to use to report their time (for payroll). I included formulae to calculate overtime. I wrote a note with instructions on line 3. I don't want line 3 to print when the page is printed. How do I restrict printing so that line 3 doesn't print? Hi HBaumann With code you can do this http://www.rondebruin.nl/print.htm#Hide -- Regards Ron de Bruin http://www.rondebruin.nl "HBaumann" <HBaumann@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:350CB3FD-CDC9-4CA6-8124-C82103F892C5@microsoft.com... >I created a spreadsheet for empl...

Text wider than one cell is not displayed in the next empty cell
I have just installed Office 2003. In Excel, when entering text that is wider than one cell, the portion that is outside of the current cell does not appear in the empty cells to the right. There is no text and no obvious formatting to the empty cell. I can't seem to find what I assume to be a formatting problem in the current cell. Len, Try going to Office Update page (http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/officeupdate/default.aspx) and install 2003 updates. I am running 2003 (fully patched) and I am not having this problem. Just a thought "Len Pace" wrote: > I ...

making 2 cell in one
in A1 it says John 1n B1 it says Smith, how can i poot both wards in c with a spac -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Hi check out your other post about 9 minutes prior to this one. Cheers JulieD "yoem >" <<yoem.1ah4ez@excelforum-nospam.com> wrote in message news:yoem.1ah4ez@excelforum-nospam.com... > in A1 it says John 1n B1 it says Smith, how can i poot both wards in c1 > with a space > > > --- > Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ > In C1, enter =A1&" "&B -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelFo...

Account association and monitored email address one more time
I have changed the monitored email to Kay@discussions.microsoft.com since the last time I was in contact with Todd Berger to keep my real email private, just as he asked since the last contact. It has been a month or two. Now I just changed back to my real email account, but on reading Todd's past posts, I decided to keep it at Kay@discussions.microsoft.com, which should show according to our past communication. If Todd is reading this, please confirm within 24hours. .....Since it might take another 24 hours for my changes to take effect even though I had changed back to the same ...

Session mix-up issue
We ran into a strange issue 2 days back in our client's production environment. A remote user, logs in and finds out that the data available in the web page are from a different user. The client environement is having ..net 3.5 running on Windows 2003 server connected to an Oracle 10g DB. The web server is on NLB and in a DMZ. The sessions are maintained In proc. We analysed the IIS logs and the network logs for that duration and were not able to conclude if this was a security issue or a genuine application related issue. Request your inputs in solving this issue. Ben...

Can one sort entries without due dates after entries with due dates?
I'm using Outlook 2007. I would like to sort all to-do entries without due dates AFTER entries that have a due date. When I define a sort order of descending due dates, Outlook sorts those without a due date to the end but of course also those that do have a date in reverse temporal order which I find useless. Using *ascending* due dates sorts those without a date first, which I find annoying. So, is there a way to tell it to sort "non-existing" higher than any real date? Michael ...

Combining two forests into one
My company and a distributor company would like to consolidate our domains into a single forest and have two domains (domainUS and domainUK). The reason: We are going to migrate to Exchange 2003 and want to share a Global Address List. We both are running W2K3 domains with Exchange 5.5 email systems. We currently have a trust between domains and have site connectors for the Exchange servers. We are also under one Exchange Organization now. We have frame relay circuit that connects us. Does anyone have any specific documents, procedures, recommendations ... that will assist us i...

.MIX files
I have several .MIX files (Microsoft Photo Draw) that were sent to me. Are there any other Microsoft programs that can read these files ?? I tried to even insert them into MS Word (XP version) but I have received errors everytime I try. Windows XP will preview in a window but I cannot import them into any application ! ...

Embed more than 7 formulas in one (excel error code: 214124)
Does anybody know how you can embed more than seven formulas in one Microsoft's support has given me this highly useful (NOT!!) advice: "When more than seven levels of embedded IF statements are required you need to create a function macro, which allows you to break your I statement over several lines (or formulas)." However I have no idea how to do that. Do you have a suggestion? -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com It might be best for you to post your formula here for comments. A LOOKUP formula might be best or a select case macro. -- Don Guillett SalesAid ...

Mailbox Manager Exclusions
Exchange Server Enterprise Edition 2003 on Windows Server Enterprise Edition 2003. I excluded most of the mailboxes yesterday from Mailbox Manager by following the instructions on this MS KB article http://support.microsoft.com/kb/288115/ using adsiedit.msc, but it still processes the mailboxes that I have excluded using {3B6813EC-CE89-42BA-9442-D87D4AA30DBC} in msExchPoliciesExcluded. I confirmed this by running the Mailbox Manager process manually after I excluded mailboxes yesterday afternoon and again this morning even after forcing the recipient update services and forcing the pol...

vat and Sales Tax
Hello people, i have a big bug !! i would like the follow my VAT (income and outcome) and i think MONEY can do that... So when i make a invoice with sales tax, the amout of taxes go correctly in Sales Tax account.(under Business liabilities) BUT (and this is my probl�m) when i buy something (Withdrawal) with a checking account the amout of taxes dont go to the sales tax account under decrease !!! WHY !??? Thank a lot people..... ..:[ James ]:. ...

More Outlook bugs... Rules are mixing up accounts!
*sigh* WHY do the rules in Outlook 2003 keep changing the accounts they are to apply to. ie. "When message arrives through MYACCOUNT@HERE.COM move it to the MYACCOUNT folder." ....changes to... "When message arrives through ANOTHERACCOUNT@HERE.COM move it to MYACCOUNT folder." - These rules were manually entered by me, not imported from OE6. - This is a fresh installation of Win XP Pro SP1 - Only action in OE6 was to import the old email account settings and contents through the Transfer Settings Wizard. The Outlook 2003 was installed and account info imported. If I fix...

Mixed Icons
I created an application with Visual Studio 2005 under Vista and changed the only icon that the wizard created. When the app runs, the correct icon appears in the task bar and also if I click properties. However, the default icons appear on the quick lanch toolbar and in Windows Explorer. I read through about a years worth of messages on icons, but didn't see anything exactly like my problem. Thanks for any help, Curt You will want to make sure that the default icon is the first one in the EXE and that it has both a large and small icon (and 48x48 if you are specifying for XP or Vist...

A one page report that prints an additional blank page
Hi I have a report that is 1 page and this is how it displays in print preview, however when I print I get a get the report and a blank page! Any suggestions on why this is. (I have not set the database up so it is possible that it may be set like this - if so how do I undo this). Hope you can help! Many thanks Emma -- Message posted via AccessMonster.com http://www.accessmonster.com/Uwe/Forums.aspx/access-reports/200708/1 On Tue, 21 Aug 2007 17:39:22 GMT, Emlou85 via AccessMonster.com wrote: > Hi I have a report that is 1 page and this is how it displays in print > preview, ho...

One graphic in my document prints as a black box..?
My publisher document contains numerous pictures/graphics but one picture prints as a black box from my HP Photosmart 8750. It prints fine on my laserjet printers and looks perfect in print preview. Is this a printer issue or a Publisher issue? Can anyone help? You might try changing the graphic file type, i.e., change from a jpg to a gif. This can be easily done with Irvanview. http://www.irfanview.com/ -- Don - Publisher 2000� Vancouver, USA "kellypendergrass" <kellypendergrass@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:77E1BDB8-32A0-4C72-A...

Money 2004 standard & VAT
Does Money 2004 Standard automatically calculates & enter VAT (Value added /sales Tax)? Best Regards John ...

Finding Dups in one column then delete leaving one
I have a list of Vendor numbers in Column A, I need to find the duplicates that are in column A then delete the duplicates but leave one. How and where do I write the formula for this? If you are using Excel 2007, select column A, then select Remove Duplicates on the Data ribbon. In Excel 2003 & earlier, use 2 helper (empty) columns on the sheet that has the duplicates. Enter this formula in row 1 in one helper column: =Row() Enter this formula in row 1 in the other helper column: =IF(COUNTIF($A$1:$A1,A1)>1,0,1) Copy these two cells down through the last row o...

Copying rows from one Excel spreadsheet to another
At my office, we use Excel 2000 (9.0.3821 SR-1). I have a daily spreadsheet that I maintain and add comments to one of the cells. At the end of the week, I maintain a weekly spreadsheet in which I copy the rows in which I have comments to the weekly spreadsheet. Sometimes, it allows me to also copy the comments, and at other times, it does not, and then I have to re-add them. Can you come up with a reason and a solution? What do you mean by "allows me"? If you do a regular copy as in ctrl + C it will copy everything, if you only want to copy comments, copy and when pasting do e...

HQ Client API needed
We have found that, with a fast and secure WAN, hosting the HQ and all of our 40+ store databases on a single SQL server at the corporate office gives us more control and functionality, with fewer potential points of failure. The big challenge is how to connect all stores to the server overnight using a single instance of HQ Client. We have been using a macro to set the store DB in configuration and start the connection. Unfortunately, detecting the end of each session and starting the next is currently based on evaluating the color of a pixel. We want to develop a true enterprise-le...

separate contents of one cell into multiple cells
Hi ! Is there a way to separate a content in one cell into mutiple cels?? I have this: Portugal,KM25,2,euros,2002 what I=B4m looking for is separate all this between comma like Portugal in one cell km25 in other cell 2 in other and so. Thanks Horacio Try Text to column under Data (2003) using coma as the delimiter. HTH Regards, Howard "Horacio" <h.anastacio@gmail.com> wrote in message news:61d06312-3aee-45da-9bb0-72ef25430fe7@a32g2000yqm.googlegroups.com... Hi ! Is there a way to separate a content in one cell into mutiple cels?? I have t...

Adding VAT fractions
Hello All, I am using a spreadsheet to calculate VAT. Format is set to two decimal places, have tried number, currency and accounting methods. Formula is entered as eg: =A8*7/47 (VAT fraction is 7/47). Answers are displayed correctly to two decimal places but when adding the column, Excel adds answer to formula NOT answers displayed in cells. So, although technically correct, answer is usually a penny or two out. I need it to add what is displayed. Anyone know how to do this? Thanks Kirsty. Scott, When calculating the VAT, round it to 2 dec places, then it should sum correctly, that is ...

Splitting one table into multiple tables/tabs
Hi I was wondering if anyone can help me split a table into multiple tables or tabs. If I have a table of 20 customers with various transactions over time all in one table. I'd like to know if it's possible to seperate the table into multiple tables based on the change in customer number and have them broken into multiple tabs without manually creating each tab and then cut and pasting. I really appreciate any help! Thanks! ...

Convert two separate Word documents into one
Anybody know how to merge/convert two separate (one page) Word document into one (two page) document? HELP> In news:B5526982-84F0-4552-A34F-7F72AB3DADDC@microsoft.com, CAOWEN <CAOWEN@discussions.microsoft.com> typed: > Anybody know how to merge/convert two separate (one page) Word > document into one (two page) document? > > HELP> Open one of them. PUt the cursor at the very bottom (CTRL-END keys works well for that). Click Insert File. Save the resulting combined file to a NEW NAME to avoid losing either of the two originals. HTH, Twayne ...

How to accomplish mixed page orientation?
How can I have some pages with portrait and some pages with landscape orientation in the same visio file? Thanks, Keith Brickey Keith, In the File > Page Setup dialog, go to the "Page Size" tab and make sure that "Same as printer paper size" is not checked. When printing, you'll need to change the printer orientation to match the page that you want to print. This is only necessary if you're running a version of Visio older than Visio 2003. -- Dawn This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. "Keith Brickey...

One Account [WILDPACKET]
We can sent e-mails to this domain abc.com - no issues. This account we have on a FAX server which is used to send out e-mails, when this account sends out the mail it bounces back from the domain abc.com. We do not get an NDR, as this account is not configured in our AD, though it is sending mails to other domains no issues and its address is faxsrv@ourdomain.com. Any ideas where can I check the NDR. Message tracking just tells me that it generated an NDR??? Please advise and thanks in advance. ...