Missing Transaction number

We are settling in to our first few days of closing, we are going over the
transactions and there a few missing numbers in the journal. How do we locate
them to deciefer our discrepency.
0
Paul297 (622)
1/19/2005 9:17:36 PM
pos 14173 articles. 0 followers. Follow

A few things to check.
Make sure all quotes, work orders, layaways, and backorders are checked to
write to journal.  This could be accounting for some of the transaction
number's missing.
Also, make sure all tender types are checked to write to journal.

--
Elizabeth M.
> We are settling in to our first few days of closing, we are going over the
> transactions and there a few missing numbers in the journal. How do we
> locate
> them to deciefer our discrepency.

0
anonymous (74722)
1/20/2005 3:23:34 PM
Also: if you have multiple registers that ever use the POS, they pull trx
#'s from the same pool.  Could be looking in the wrong batch for those
numbers.

"Elizabeth" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>A few things to check.
> Make sure all quotes, work orders, layaways, and backorders are checked to
> write to journal.  This could be accounting for some of the transaction
> number's missing.
> Also, make sure all tender types are checked to write to journal.
>
> --
> Elizabeth M.
> "Paul" <Paul@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> We are settling in to our first few days of closing, we are going over
>> the
>> transactions and there a few missing numbers in the journal. How do we
>> locate
>> them to deciefer our discrepency.

0
herbert.v (25)

How to have Query number found records ?
We would like to have a query create a column with a temporary sequencial number for each record found... like a line number we can refer to... like... 1 bla 2 da 3 do 4 etc In a spreadsheet I simply enter a formult to add 1 to the number in the cell just above. How do you do this in a query? It can be done in Access, but it's trickier. You either have to use a subquery or the DCount function. On my website (www.rogersaccesslibrary.com), is a small Access database sample called "NumberedQuery.mdb" which illustrates both of these methods. -- --Roger Carlson MS A...

Entering Account Numbers
Right now, we are asking every customer for their phone number and we enter it in account number. If the number matches what we have in the database, we press OK and the person comes up. If not, we have to highlight the number, press Control C to Copy, press the 'New' button, got to account number and paste, then enter the name. Is there any way that the system should know as soon as I type the last (tenth) digit of the phone number that there is no match, and automatically bring up the new screen and paste the phone number in the account number field. We get alot of 'new&#...

Missing files

Outlook 2007 Missing Mail

Converting a Number
Does anyone know of a rotuine to convert a number into its equivalent in English, e.g. 400,000 = Four Hundred Thousand. Thanks. -- Anthony Anthony, Have a look at... http://www.mvps.org/access/modules/mdl0001.htm -- Gina Whipp 2010 Microsoft MVP (Access) "I feel I have been denied critical, need to know, information!" - Tremors II http://www.regina-whipp.com/index_files/TipList.htm "Anthony Ching" <AnthonyChing@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:E7C96913-A24B-4179-8333-9833FBBAFEA6@microsoft.com... Does anyone know of a r...

how to check if a number has no more than 2 decimal digits
I need to do some input validation so to check if a value has no more than 2 decimal digits. So 14.12 is valid but 14.123 is not. I have tried doing a check like this: If Int(inval * 100) <> inval * 100 Then but this gets a rounding error with certain values like 2.22. If I subtract one side above from the other I get a difference on the order of 10^-21. So I tried rounding the numbers to do a test like this: If Round(Int(inval * 100), 10) <> Round(inval * 100, 10) Then and this does something weird like rounding Round(Int(0.29 * 100), 10) to 28. ...

Missing Emails #2
From time to time my users report that so-and-so sent them an email but they never got it. Last night my VP sent 2 emails from home and never got them. 1. We have Exchange 2000 server, all clients are Outlook 2. We have Symantec anti-virus for exchange server now I have checked the following: 1. in the Exchange logs [reading them in Excel] I can see the 2 messages arrive and seem to process normally -- HELO,MAIL, RCPT, DATA, QUIT are the 5 lines in the log; the datum on the HELO record says =+sccrmhc13.comcast.net. the Quit record as cs-uri-query of 240. 2. I have searched through...

Missing Folders after Sync

Unit Cost in Item Transaction Entry (GP8.0)
I have a simple question: When creating an Adjustment that has a negative quantity, how is the unit cost of the line item determined? We are using Lots with FIFO control. Our Lots are created via receivers, and the unit cost in the receiver's lot can match the IV00300 table, but IV10001.UNITCOST comes up with something different - why is this? If you are doing an inventory reduction (negative adjustment) under a FIFO valuation method, the cost of the adjustment should come from the first inventory receipt transaction with unsold quantities remaining (First In/First Out) In other w...

Bin Transfer Entry window missing

Missing Fonts in Word Art

Barcode transactions & inventory????
Hello All, I've been using Access since '97 in the manufacturing sector, but now I'm developing something for a retail outlet and it is unfamiliar territory for me. I need to have a UPC or barcode reader remove items from inventory and at the same time create a receipt. Is there a barcode reader that communicates well with access? I guess I would set the field up to receive a number, but how do I get it to receive the number on each record sold and reduce that item number from the inventory? Your help is much appreciated, Thanks, Al On Tue, 22 Jan 2008 18:04:13 -0800...

Missing Message Text

Can you download transactions with MS Money 2004?
Hi Everyone, I thought I'd give a last ditch effort to try to get my problem resolved. Basically, I can't download statements anymore from Fidelity. Every now and then it MIGHT download a few transactions, but definately not the complete batch that is available for me. I have no idea what is wrong or even if I have done something to make this happen. Here is the scenario. I issue a "Get Online Statements" from MS Money. It does some work, like getting quotes and the latest Money updates. But I have no statments to read. I have no idea why. If I can't ge...

Converting month number to text equivalent
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_000C_01C3D1EC.879C4B80 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable In cell A1 I have the date 01/06/2004 (Jan 6th, 2004) displayed. I want = to list the Month and Year of the previous month in cell B1. In this = example I need "DEC-2003" to display. Can anyone help? TIA, Alan ------=_NextPart_000_000C_01C3D1EC.879C4B80 Content-Type: text/html; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable <!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//...

HI, Please be patient as the story is long: I migrated my users from a workgroup to a Client/Server network about a month ago. A network using Windows 2000 active Directory. All the clients workstations are Wondows 2000 professional. Before migration, I exported the emails, etc. to a .pst file and after migration imported the same file and all was fine. Last over the weekend our Active Directory server crashed by a Virus supposedly and we had to rebuil the servers, and couldn't have the users logon on to the network to the export/import scenarion again. After the server were re...

HOW do you move multiple transactions at once?
Ok, so I am going to try to play by Money's rules... I have an account that was downloaded. I can't merge this account with my old account for two reasons. 1.) It will "delete all old transactions to prevent duplicates" - Whomever approved this design needs a talking to. 2.) If I do, it will simply create the account again! So, I then tried exporting my old account and re-importing it... the problem here is that Transfers and Payees are all messed up, requiring a LOT of manual work! So now I am trying "Cut & paste to Account" which works, but I only seem ...

Missing Sata Sources
Hi there When I click Data, Get External Data, New Database Query..., there are no data sources listed in the Database list under <New Data Source>. Even the defaults e.g. dBase Files, Microsoft Access Database, Excel Files, etc are not listed. I am using Windows XP Professional with Office 2000. How can I fix this? Thanks Michael ...

number record of record
I have a form(f2PlantUnit) with a subform(f3UnitSub) linked by the field ProjectID On the subform, I have the arrows that go First, Previous, Next, Last record. I would like to show ... 1 of 2 ...if they are on record 1 of 2 records. .... next to the arrows to let the user know how many records there are and which record they ar on. Any ideas? -- deb You can show the first number in a text box with ControlSource of: =[Form].[CurrentRecord] There's a bit more involved in getting the second number (after the OF.) Essentially, you want to refer to: =[Form].[Recordset]...

What am I missing?
Have PC. Onlyprofile on it is administrator.Me. What am I missing on System Restore. There are partitions that I do not need,or want, for System restore to monitor. But "Drive Settings" in 'System Properties/System Restore' the choices are greyed out. ie; Turn off System Restore(disable by Group Policy) and Turn off System restore on this drive in Drive Settings. I have checked in services in administratyive tools. Botj System restore and RPC and started and on auto. Maybe one could show me what I'm missing. I'm getting too old to remember this stuff...

ACH Transactions Not Hitting Correct Check Register
Our payroll direct deposit ACH file sometimes goes into the wrong checkbook. We can't figure out where this is happening in the payroll process. The problem is intermittent and involves several incorrect checkbooks. The GL and PR records are fine... just the check registers are wrong. Thanks in advance! ...

Conditional Formatting of Cells based on discontinuous range of numbers
Hello, I have a column of numbers that I want to match to another column. In column C, I have numbers that have discontinuous values from 0 to 10,000. In Column N, I have a similar but smaller subsample of numbers (again ranging from 0 to 10,000). I would like to make all of the cells in column C that have a matching number anywhere in column N, yellow. Is this possible? Conditional formatting does not seem to work on ranges. Thanks in advance. Mike try this select the range for col C , go to format | conditional format | condition 1 : formula is =3DNOT(ISNA(MATCH(C1,$N$1:$N$11,0))) ...

Auto Numbering #2
I am using the Office 200 suite and have created an Invoice, however I am unable to create auto numbering in the invoice - I have tried to do it but have failed. I have read most of the posts on this forum but it is not helping me at all. I have only a very basic knowledge on the PC an in Excel work sheet etc. If anybody can give me an idiots guide to how to create auto numbering it would be most greatful. Thanks Andy If the column you want the number in is A and the Column your data is in is B put this formula in A. Then copy and paste it the the end of the range you want numbered....

RMA ( Credit) Missing Line Items

Missing .dll on opening
Upon opening Outlook 2002 I get a message that I am missing MociExt.dll but I cannot get it to reload during any sort of fix or reinstall of Outlook. Any ideas? This started occuring after a recent update I did to Office. John, I don't believe that's a file installed by Office/Outlook. So, my guess is that you have an Outlook add-in that's causing this problem. Please do the following steps to confirm this assumption: 1. Exit Outlook. 2. Press and hold the CTRL key as you launch Outlook. 3. When prompted to start in Safe mode click Yes. Does the error occur? If not, please...