Missing records in journal table of Ms Point of sale

anybody can help with missing records in journal table of Ms point of sale?
Now we're so headache with backing-up data everyday.

Mick,

-------------------------------------

pos 14173 articles. 0 followers. Follow

change the default opening of a form to enter a new record
How can you stop a form defaulting to record 1 when you want to type in a new record. The only way we are getting round this at the moment is to click on the icon New record. However, every time we open the form to enter another record it is always showing record 1 -- Thank you for reading my post. Hopefully you can answer my querie Shazza - Set the form property Data Entry to Yes. That will default to opening the form for new records. -- Daryl S "Shazza" wrote: > How can you stop a form defaulting to record 1 when you want to type in a new > r...

how to key in one table and show in another tables in Access 2003
I have many tables how can I link them together and as I type certain information in the master show in the other tables. You should not duplicate data in different tables. This constitutes redundancy and leaves the database open to the risk of inconsistent data. Tables should be related to each other by a foreign key column or columns in one referencing a primary key column or columns in another. Non-key columns should only be in one table. The process of eliminating redundancy in tables is known as 'normalization'. Here's a brief description of how it works: Normali...

Convert Quicken 2006 to MS Money 2006 Trial version
I am currently using Quicken Premier 2006. I downloaded the trial version of MS Money 2006. However, it states that you can only convert data from Q2005 and earlier. When I tried to convert Q2006 into Money, it wouldn't do it, saying it was unable to convert from this version. Any resolutions to this? I would really like to try the trial version of Money. Not converting the data doesn't prevent you from using the Money trial. You'll just have to start from scratch--presumably you had to do this with Quicken as well. If the past predicts the future, M07 will convert Q06...

missing cell?
Hello! The other day my girlfriend had to do some excel stuff. Curiosity got the best of me and I had her explain what she was doing. Here is a simplified version of her ordeal: She had one hand written table with ~1000 rows and 2 columns: one for a code and one for a description. She also had a text file with ~16000 rows and 2 columns with the same codes and similar (but different wording) descriptions. She needed to produce one spread sheet with the ~1000 rows of the first spread sheet and 3 columns: the code and the 2 descriptions. After fat fingering a row of the hand written table she...

auto table of contents in publisher??
Is there the functionality to create a TOC in publisher that can be linked to Heading styles or something like is avail. in MS Word. thanks in advance Scott scott wrote: > Is there the functionality to create a TOC in publisher > that can be linked to Heading styles or something like is > avail. in MS Word. > > thanks in advance > > Scott Nope. No, create it in Word or do it manually which really is the answer if you want a top class job. -- ...

Tables #2
A Table has 2 columns and 5 rows. How can I make the 3ed row down have only 1 column? In other words, how do I eliminate the division between the 2 columns in row 3? Or is this possible? I suppose I could have three separate tables stacked on top of each other. Create your table in Word and bring it over into Pub. BTW - will you be at National Seminar in October? -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] "garnettmcd" <garnettmcd@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:A5E28490-0884-4460-91DB-5D073A99F161@microsoft.com... >A Table has 2 columns and 5 row...

import from express is missing 90% of messages
I'm trying to move to outlook 2003 from express 6, and no matter which way i try to move the mail messages (from express -> 2003 or pull into 2003 from express) its only grabbing 60ish messages of 1726 total. They range from may to july of this year when the whole file has mail from today back to sometime in 2000. Anyone know any other way I can migrate mail from express into 2003? thats the correct way, export OE > OL, are the msgs in seperate identities purchance? "Holden" <craymore@home.com> wrote in message news:Xns9896EA240F165beHoldenhomecom@216.196.9...

Pivot Table Source file
I have been doing VBA in Excel for years, but have never done anything with Pivot Tables. I was given a spreadsheet that has 4 pivot tables which grab data from our main system (AS/400). How do I find what files are being used when the P/T's are refreshed? Thanks for any help. -Paul B. You may be able to select a PT, then show the PT wizard. Then click on the Back button to see the settings. This may not apply to you, but when I did stuff like this, I'd have a text file created from the AS/400. Then I'd import that data into excel and do all the manipulation from that impor...

Fill date series in table
I have an attendance sheet that 1 day per week. I want to extend a series across the top row. (I.E. Jan 1, Jan 8, Jan 15, Jan 22, etc.). The sheets are formatted as tables. When I grab the handle to copy the cells it will only copy, not fill the series. How can I get a weekly series? In A1 enter: 1/1/2010 In B1 enter: =A1+7 and copy across -- Gary''s Student - gsnu200909 If you put Jan 1 in the first cell, Jan 8 in cell next to it and then select **both** of these cells... you can now copy this selection across the row and the series will fill in automatically for...

Accessing the Global Address Book from Journal
Is ther a simple way to access the global address book while in Journal? What is it you're trying to do with it? Gene wrote: > Is ther a simple way to access the global address book > while in Journal? >-----Original Message----- >What is it you're trying to do with it? > >Gene wrote: >> Is ther a simple way to access the global address book >> while in Journal? > > >. >Yes, actually , it's the CFO who has asked why he can't access the Global Address Book while in Journal. He can get to his contacts but he wants more. My boss ...

Save as type missing types
What would cause the save as type drop down list not to have any options except for *.xls? ...

Importing from access to outlook
Since upgrading, i've found that i'm unable to complete a successsful import into outlook. I bring the data in through access and import it to outlook. I never had these problems before... I've also heard that with 2003 you can link access and outlook - bu can't find a details on this. ...

Deleting shortcut key In Recording new Macros dialog box
I have recorded several new Macros and I am running out of shortcut key letters to put into the shortcut key box within the Record a new Macro dialog box. How could I delete the shortcut keys that I have already used to reuse again to record new Macros? One way: Choose Tools/Macro/Macros... Select a macro for which you want to delete the shortcut. Click Options... Clear the shortcut key input box. Click OK, then Cancel. In article <9DC795B4-1EBE-4685-94DF-CD79ABEAF45D@microsoft.com>, John <John@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I have recorded several new Macros ...

"Sales Receipt" Phrase Wraps onto Two Lines
Anyone know how to get the "Sales Receipt" statment on the 40 Column Receipt formatted so that it doesn't wrap onto two lines? I tried the paper width in receipt properties, but that didn't work. Is there details somewhere on the different attributes for the receipt properties? As an example, how do you determine the proper width? Jerry, What make & model printer? Windows or OPOS drivers? I have set paper widths between 2.4 and 3.0 without problems. Also take a look at the right margin settings. After making your change, click refresh and then print. -- * &quo...

Can't open Outlook Mailbox
I can't open my Outlook, version 2002 mailbox. Problem with outlook.pst file??? Tried repairing (as per instructions and a message says it is missing??? THANKS for your solution, Don Price I'm no expert, but I have had this problem before. Try doing a search of all files (hidden, system, etc) for the file "outlook.pst". If it can't find anything, sorry, this is where my knowledge ends. If it does, just redirect outlook to that location. "Don Price FLD-EFCA" <dprice@forestlakes-efca.org> wrote in message news:<4ee201c473ea$24b500c0$a601280a@ph...

MS Office 2007 update junk email filter (KB977839)
I cannot install MS Office 07 update junk email filter (KB977839). I have tried several times but still it do not install (error code 646) Please help. Thanks, avids517 avids517;114819 Wrote: > I cannot install MS Office 07 update junk email filter (KB977839). > I have tried several times but still it do not install (error code > 646) > > Please help. Rather than using Windows Update to install this update, try downloading it manually and installing it. http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=977839 -- Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook] http://forums.sl...

MS Support Plan
Does anyone know of a way to get the support plan without going through a partner? We are a former partner and use Dynamics ourselves. We don't use support from the partner MS assigned to us. Great Plains used to allow you to buy your support plans directly from them, then when MS bought them out that went away. It's silly to pay a mark up to a partner when all we need are the payroll updates and any upgrades released throughout the year. We don't even use MS for technical support since we are able to do it ourselves. Frankly, we don't even do the upgrades unt...

Random Selection of Records
I have a table named Table1 that has 200,000 records. Is there a way to randomly select 40,000 records from this table ? Thank you in advance. carl wrote: >I have a table named Table1 that has 200,000 records. Is there a way to >randomly select 40,000 records from this table ? In your code, use the Randomize statement before using the query: SELECT TOP 40000 * FROM Table1 ORDER BY Rnd(1) -- Marsh MVP [MS Access] On Thu, 11 Mar 2010 06:02:10 -0800, carl <carl@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I have a table named Table1 that has 200,000 records...

Add Record from form into two tables
I have a form (frm_Invoice) that records phone serial # from customers. I want to create a new record in both the tbl_Inventory and tbl_Inventory_Detail when someone scans in a DEC_SN into the frm_Invoice. The issue I am running across is that the tbl_Inventory_Details has a child relationship to the tbl_Inventory. I chose this set up because most of the inventory is manually entered from shipments received from a warehouse. I created a form and sub form for the inventory tying the SN_ID from each table on a one to many relationship. I do not know how to update both tables at ...

Project Accounting Tables
Does anyone know where I can find a chart showing all of the PA tables, the fields contained, and perhaps their relationships to other tables---even non-PA tables? I have looked at the Standard GP SDK which is helpful for everything except PA and the PASDK which is not very thorough. Any other ideas would be extremely appreciated! Thanks! Brigitte Brigitte, You can get the table information online within Great Plains at Tools > Resource Descriptions > Tables - click the three dot button - Select Product = Project Accounting and Series = Project. The PA SDK should be availa...

Doubt about pivot table
Good afternoon, I doubt the following staff: I know that you can create a Pivot Table apart from others in the same workbook (they share the cache). But I wonder if it is possible, normally or using VB to create a Pivot Table starting at one that is in another workbook. Thank you for your help. Diogo A. Viana -- diogobacon I had no problem doing so in Excel 2007. The procedure was: -- Open both workbooks -- In the target workbook, specify Insert>Pivot Table -- For Select a table or Range, click the Collapse Dialogue button -- Go to the other workbook a...

?Active hyperlink in pivot table?
Hello is it possible to display in the pivot table active hyper link? For example I have database with these columns Name, Web, Month, Salary When there are Rows Name, Web Column Month Data Salary is it possible that I can see the web information (i.e. www.data.xyz) and when I click on that (into the pivot table), it will launch Internet Explorer with this page? Thanks a lot Regards Pavel -- slaya_cz ------------------------------------------------------------------------ slaya_cz's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=16723 View this thread: ht...

How to Select large amount of data in a colum that equals column from another table.
Ive got a huge table and I want to select the data in one column that is equal to that of a column in another table? is there an easy way to do this? Thanks One way, if you know the parameters of the original, is to type the references in the name box and hit <Enter>. For example, click in the name box and enter: E1:E65000 Then <Enter>. -- HTH, RD ============================================== Please keep all correspondence within the Group, so all may benefit! ============================================== "Jennifer Burnel" <jenburnel@babooshka.net> wro...

Accountextensionbase missing data ? Help
Hi I have a customer who has moved CRM 3.0 to new server by them self and I have converted it to CRM 4.0 Now they have made some custom fields and we are able to save data in these fields on new accounts but not on the old ones. We can save data in the old fields. I then took a look at the database and there is only fields in the accountextensionsbase since after they moved the database. How can I fix this ? They can merge each to a new customer but that would take a long time. Can I do a insert into with data from the Account table or is there another solution ? ...

Export Data from MS-CRM
Is there a way to export all of the data from MS-CRM? Thats a rather general question,......you mean export to another CRM system or just export into another medium? For the most part, most areas have that little excel icon so that you can export into excel...... or you can go into the SQL server and use the export wizard, although I don't think its going to be what you want,....for the most part it will be raw data and you'll have to recreate the relationships and primary fields to see how the objects relate.......... -Gary "John O'Keefe" <jokeefe@finepoint.com...